Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of January 28th; *updated 1/21*
Topic Started: Jan 16 2013, 12:29 AM (38,149 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 03:59 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 22 2013, 02:18 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 10:32 AM
I'll be interested to see what Sami says about "the real Rafe." Because, right now, it still sounds like this is about the Wabi mess and, specifically, Rafe having the audacity to stick up for his sister. And if they don't clear that up, then I can't buy this round of Evami any more than I could buy the 2010 version because Sami's sudden realization of her feelings for Everett seem to have more to do with being mad at Rafe than anything else. And, unless she has an amazing confession, Everett's willingness to buy this sudden realization smacks of a bit of stupidity. Of course, that is one of his best qualities.

Maybe I'm wrong. In fact, I hope I am because I would like this crap to be over. But I'm not holding my breath. I'm not that lucky.
Yeah, I'm really interested to see how Sami explains her realization regarding Rafe and Everertt, as that should give us a good idea of how just how real this go round of Evermi is. If it's just that Rafe isn't supportive of Will and so she's mad, then that's pretty flimsy and can easily be undone once the Wabi baby issue is resolved. But if the baby conflict led Sami to a realization that Rafe only supports her when she agrees with him or is acting the way he wants her to act, then I think it's more of a real break-up.

As of now, I'm seeing some signs that this go round with Evermi is going to be real. They've given Everett rootable writing lately. He isn't harboring a big secret that is going to blow up. Both are getting all their cards on the table before they have sex. They're talking about the reasons for her choice. Etc, etc. I guess we will know by next week just how real it is going to be after Sami explains her decision.
Oh, I think it's going to be real -- at least for some period of time. I'm just not necessarily going to buy it unless Sami's confession is something other than "Rafe's being a jerk to Will." Because even if she proclaims her undying love for Everett, her rejection of Rafe was based on something external and that means it can always change.

Honestly, it all reminds me of Ejole v. 2.0. I'm just wondering when Rafe and Sami will have their notdeadbabysex moment.
Except we knew Ejole 2.0 was going to be over before they officially began since EJ went into the relationship with the grief sex lie hanging over his head.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Well, I am going to keep an open mind... who knows, maybe its great EJAMI time coming ahead.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 22 2013, 04:40 PM
esp13
tomsawyer
esp13
I'll be interested to see what Sami says about "the real Rafe." Because, right now, it still sounds like this is about the Wabi mess and, specifically, Rafe having the audacity to stick up for his sister. And if they don't clear that up, then I can't buy this round of Evami any more than I could buy the 2010 version because Sami's sudden realization of her feelings for Everett seem to have more to do with being mad at Rafe than anything else. And, unless she has an amazing confession, Everett's willingness to buy this sudden realization smacks of a bit of stupidity. Of course, that is one of his best qualities.

Maybe I'm wrong. In fact, I hope I am because I would like this crap to be over. But I'm not holding my breath. I'm not that lucky.
Yeah, I'm really interested to see how Sami explains her realization regarding Rafe and Everertt, as that should give us a good idea of how just how real this go round of Evermi is. If it's just that Rafe isn't supportive of Will and so she's mad, then that's pretty flimsy and can easily be undone once the Wabi baby issue is resolved. But if the baby conflict led Sami to a realization that Rafe only supports her when she agrees with him or is acting the way he wants her to act, then I think it's more of a real break-up.

As of now, I'm seeing some signs that this go round with Evermi is going to be real. They've given Everett rootable writing lately. He isn't harboring a big secret that is going to blow up. Both are getting all their cards on the table before they have sex. They're talking about the reasons for her choice. Etc, etc. I guess we will know by next week just how real it is going to be after Sami explains her decision.
Oh, I think it's going to be real -- at least for some period of time. I'm just not necessarily going to buy it unless Sami's confession is something other than "Rafe's being a jerk to Will." Because even if she proclaims her undying love for Everett, her rejection of Rafe was based on something external and that means it can always change.

Honestly, it all reminds me of Ejole v. 2.0. I'm just wondering when Rafe and Sami will have their notdeadbabysex moment.
Except we knew Ejole 2.0 was going to be over before they officially began since EJ went into the relationship with the grief sex lie hanging over his head.
Well, I guess I was thinking more of the pre-notdeadbabysex stuff. All the parts where EJ was begging Nicole to forgive him and declaring his undying love and promising that she was the only one he wanted, etc., etc., etc. And then notdeadbabysex happened. And then it went on from there admittedly.

But, Sami's change of heart and whatnot does remind me of EJ with Nicole in that time period. All the EJole fans were happy because they were finally going to get their couple and EJami was over. And now the EJami fans are saying they are finally going to get their couple and Safe is over.

I could be totally wrong, but the parallels frighten me. Because it all feels like some kind of big set-up.

JoeBucs32

No Sonny all week????

granolagirl
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Jan 22 2013, 02:50 PM
I bet Everett is cheesy in the sack
Honestly, when he had that cheesehead on in that fourth of July episode a while ago, it was the sexiest he'd been in years to me.

La_Laa

LonePirate
Jan 22 2013, 04:07 PM
La_Laa
Jan 22 2013, 01:40 PM
supercool74
Jan 22 2013, 10:55 AM
So does this mean Sonny isn't on at all that week? UGH. I'm really getting disappointed with how they are writing this "romance". I agree that they are just using Sonny as a prop and not developing his character at all and I really hate it. He is a Kiriakis for heaven's sake. It's not like he's just some Joe Schmoe off the street. I just don't understand it. :shrug:
We need to wait and see how things will play out between Wilson in Thursday's episode. Maybe after the kiss Sonny says that he need time and he leaves town :'(
Yeah, maybe Sonny joins John on his trip out of Salem as they depart on a plane named "Stupid things my character would never do."
Let's see who gets the last laugh.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 05:00 PM
tomsawyer
esp13
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Well, I guess I was thinking more of the pre-notdeadbabysex stuff. All the parts where EJ was begging Nicole to forgive him and declaring his undying love and promising that she was the only one he wanted, etc., etc., etc. And then notdeadbabysex happened. And then it went on from there admittedly.

But, Sami's change of heart and whatnot does remind me of EJ with Nicole in that time period. All the EJole fans were happy because they were finally going to get their couple and EJami was over. And now the EJami fans are saying they are finally going to get their couple and Safe is over.

I could be totally wrong, but the parallels frighten me. Because it all feels like some kind of big set-up.
I'd say the parallel would be true if Safe would've actually had sex before the wedding and Ejami would've reunited/slept together before EJ knew the truth. As it is spoiled though, they both have all cards on the table before they officially start their relationship and knock boots. KC did say they have a "surprise" coming in their story though, so I full expect the bliss to be short-lived

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

Kate is devastated when she learns Billie is leaving town.

So...two people who really aren't around much...and one is sad the other is leaving...because it will impact, um...stuff. Cool.

There was something about guilt sex between Kristen and Brady that was also amusing.

If Nicole is going to be a rival for Kristen, I'm going to need her to be smart. Can someone tell the writers- it's OK to have two intelligent women plotting and counter-plotting? They can still be desperate for the love of a man. Just, y'know, really good schemers as they live that desperate life. And, I mean, Brady's not gonna look that much more stupid if he gets played repeatedly by Nicole and Kristen.

newlabone

no sonny after the big news at the church ,,,,,,it just shows that the writers are just not getting the best out of this story and any other storeline that is current on the canvas............................ days will soon be out of my viewing when amc in back. i really don;t like days except for a few have decent days when the will story at the church was on screen. ........ days just don't cut it much anymore. :mutley:

Will&Sonny

I'm not the least bit convinced that Sami and Rafe (or Sami and Lucas, for that matter) are over for good. For now, perhaps, but for good? Not likely. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, as I really couldn't care less about any of the pairings (yes, I utterly despise E.J. / James Scott, but that really has nothing to do with Sami -- if he's not with her, he'll still be hogging up far more screen time than I believe that he deserves, and he'll still be ruining other characters, and he'll still be doing despicable things to women while claiming that he loves them, so it makes no difference to me either way), but I do think that this is a case of counting the proverbial chickens before they've hatched. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Sami thinking about Rafe while she was having sex with E.J., or thinking about him soon after having sex with E.J.

In any case, as others have said, it will be nice to finally be able to stop hearing, "They were never given a fair chance!" If people actually stop saying that, of course. I wouldn't count on that happening yet.

The claims that E.J. finally managed to "get the girl" without scheming are a bit...well, wrong...though. E.J. has been scheming recently -- his schemes have all been lame and tame, but that doesn't change the fact that they're still schemes. We've seen multiple scenes where E.J. has bragged to one sibling or another about how his schemes to make Sami fall in love with him are working (except, you know...they weren't working until Rafe and Sami found themselves on opposite sides in the baby drama).

Sami doesn't know about those schemes. She might not care if she did know, but the fact remains that she doesn't, so E.J. still has secrets that could come back to bite him in the ass. Sami also doesn't know about all of the things that E.J. did to Will last year -- she only knows part of that story. I don't think that she'd be very pleased to learn that E.J. used her son's sexuality to blackmail and intimidate him, even implying that Will would get raped in prison at one point. I'm fairly certain that she doesn't know about E.J.'s plan to frame John, either, but I could be wrong about that one. Of course, the fact that a different regime penned those stories might be enough to save E.J., but Whitesell and Tomlin have placed their own skeletons in E.J.'s closet.

E.J.'s hands definitely aren't as clean as some people have suggested, and one could easily argue that the "real" E.J. that Sami believes that she has seen over the past few months is just as much a figment of her imagination as the "real" Rafe that she believes that she has been seeing since the wedding disaster. It's probably only a matter of time before she realizes that.

michr544125

newlabone
Jan 22 2013, 09:43 PM
no sonny after the big news at the church ,,,,,,it just shows that the writers are just not getting the best out of this story and any other storeline that is current on the canvas............................ days will soon be out of my viewing when amc in back. i really don;t like days except for a few have decent days when the will story at the church was on screen. ........ days just don't cut it much anymore. :mutley:
You may want to check the spoiler thread below

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

esp13
tomsawyer
esp13

#teamscandal

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jan 22 2013, 09:55 PM

#teamscandal[/quote]I think you meant.

#TeamBoreMeToTears

Pookie
Member Avatar

Quote:

Wednesday: Nick reveals his past in prison to Gabi.

I've been thinking about Nick's prison story. I hope we find out that while he was in prison he was forced to become some big guy's b!tch in exchange for protection. Think about. Nick was probably seen as a scrawny little nerd and probably got his ass kicked on the regular. Maybe another inmate offered to give him protection in exchange for prison sex. If that's the case, then they should have that dude get out of prison and show up in Salem wanting to start things up with Nick again.

It would be like a soap opera version of HBO's "OZ".

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 22 2013, 09:48 PM
I'm not the least bit convinced that Sami and Rafe (or Sami and Lucas, for that matter) are over for good. For now, perhaps, but for good? Not likely. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, as I really couldn't care less about any of the pairings (yes, I utterly despise E.J. / James Scott, but that really has nothing to do with Sami -- if he's not with her, he'll still be hogging up far more screen time than I believe that he deserves, and he'll still be ruining other characters, and he'll still be doing despicable things to women while claiming that he loves them, so it makes no difference to me either way), but I do think that this is a case of counting the proverbial chickens before they've hatched. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Sami thinking about Rafe while she was having sex with E.J., or thinking about him soon after having sex with E.J.

In any case, as others have said, it will be nice to finally be able to stop hearing, "They were never given a fair chance!" If people actually stop saying that, of course. I wouldn't count on that happening yet.

The claims that E.J. finally managed to "get the girl" without scheming are a bit...well, wrong...though. E.J. has been scheming recently -- his schemes have all been lame and tame, but that doesn't change the fact that they're still schemes. We've seen multiple scenes where E.J. has bragged to one sibling or another about how his schemes to make Sami fall in love with him are working (except, you know...they weren't working until Rafe and Sami found themselves on opposite sides in the baby drama).

Sami doesn't know about those schemes. She might not care if she did know, but the fact remains that she doesn't, so E.J. still has secrets that could come back to bite him in the ass. Sami also doesn't know about all of the things that E.J. did to Will last year -- she only knows part of that story. I don't think that she'd be very pleased to learn that E.J. used her son's sexuality to blackmail and intimidate him, even implying that Will would get raped in prison at one point. I'm fairly certain that she doesn't know about E.J.'s plan to frame John, either, but I could be wrong about that one. Of course, the fact that a different regime penned those stories might be enough to save E.J., but Whitesell and Tomlin have placed their own skeletons in E.J.'s closet.

E.J.'s hands definitely aren't as clean as some people have suggested, and one could easily argue that the "real" E.J. that Sami believes that she has seen over the past few months is just as much a figment of her imagination as the "real" Rafe that she believes that she has been seeing since the wedding disaster. It's probably only a matter of time before she realizes that.
Nah.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jan 22 2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:

I've been thinking about Nick's prison story. I hope we find out that while he was in prison he was forced to become some big guy's b!tch in exchange for protection. Think about. Nick was probably seen as a scrawny little nerd and probably got his ass kicked on the regular. Maybe another inmate offered to give him protection in exchange for prison sex. If that's the case, then they should have that dude get out of prison and show up in Salem wanting to start things up with Nick again.

I'm sort of on the fence about a prison rape storyline. Although I think it would be the best way to go forward in understanding Nick's motivations, I have to admit, it makes me nervous that Days could be feeding some of the vastly incorrect preconceptions some people hold about gay people.
Edited by blueskies, Jan 22 2013, 10:57 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 22 2013, 10:54 PM
Pookie
Jan 22 2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:

I'm sort of on the fence about a prison rape storyline. Although I think it would be the best way to go forward in understanding Nick's motivations, I have to admit, it makes me nervous that Days could be feeding some of the vastly incorrect preconceptions some people hold about gay people.
But, if they did it right, they wouldn't be feeding thos preconceptions, they would be defeating them. They would show that Nick's attitude is wrong. At least, that's what I want to happen.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

SoapGal1
Jan 22 2013, 10:52 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 22 2013, 09:48 PM

Nah.
ITA with everything SoapGal said.

camera shy

tomsawyer
Jan 22 2013, 05:29 PM
esp13
tomsawyer
esp13

I'd say the parallel would be true if Safe would've actually had sex before the wedding and Ejami would've reunited/slept together before EJ knew the truth. As it is spoiled though, they both have all cards on the table before they officially start their relationship and knock boots. KC did say they have a "surprise" coming in their story though, so I full expect the bliss to be short-lived
And after that part about a big surprise coming Corday said, "but the big question will be does Sami still have feelings for Rafe or is EJ really the man for her?" I think Sami will soon have sex with Rafe too and the big surprise will be her pregnant and not knowing who the father is.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

camera shy
Jan 22 2013, 11:29 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 22 2013, 05:29 PM
esp13
tomsawyer

And after that part about a big surprise coming Corday said, "but the big question will be does Sami still have feelings for Rafe or is EJ really the man for her?" I think Sami will soon have sex with Rafe too and the big surprise will be her pregnant and not knowing who the father is.
Gad, please no. I mean, February looks rather intriguing and interesting. Why? Because it's NOT full of the same old same old. I might have to start watching again!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply