Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of January 28th; *updated 1/21*
Topic Started: Jan 16 2013, 12:29 AM (38,501 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I don't think they're necessarily turning Rafe into Bo. Carly wasn't turned into Hope and neither was Billie when they were with Bo. Rafe can be Rafe and still be with Hope. Though perhaps for different reasons, PR chose to leave Salem just as SB chose to leave Port Charles. Their on-screen wives should not have to be alone because of those decisions. If they do put Hope and Rafe together for some period of time, who's to say it even lasts? Or gets super serious? My view of a Rafe/Hope pairing, assuming it even happens at all, will be defined largely by how the writers choose to end to the Bope relationship. If Bo is killed off and Hope is jumping into Rafe's arms before the body is even cold like Jennifer was with Daniel, that won't fly. A lot depends on how it unfolds - if it even unfolds at all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

magicsteacher
Jan 17 2013, 09:50 AM
Please no Hope and Rafe. Hope is Sami's aunt and even tho she isn't a blood relative, it has a certain ICK factor for me. If they are going to pair Rafe with someone else, even for awhile, please make it someone who isn't related to Sami or the Bradys.

And I agree, Safe is far from over. They may go with Ejami for awhile, but there way too many Safe anvils dropped recently for me to think they are totally over.
Didn't Galen said in one of his interviews they'd never be over? I think we'll have Ejami up to May sweeps and if the new actress is for Rafe we'll start to get new triangle because I don't see Sami being perfectly fine with Rafe having another woman in his life he's serious about. And I think the ratings will play a big part where all these couples will eventually end up.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Partnersincrime
Jan 17 2013, 11:03 AM
tv Source Look Ahead: Week of January 28, 2012

Nicole and Kristen have a nasty confrontation over Brady. Will realizes what Nick knows. Rafe feels nothing when he finds EJ with Sami, but he doesn't go away quiet
So wait....'if he doesn't go away quietly' then he feels something. I bet he tells Everette that Sami is only with him because they are done and if Sami was forthcoming with Everette about them getting together before the wedding?
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jan 17 2013, 01:03 PM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Looking forward to some more Kristen-Nicole action. Kristen's one (and only?) run-in with Nicole so far was chilly, hopefully an indication of things to come. By comparison Kristen's run-in with Chloe was tepid but considerably friendlier.

Ljay
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 16 2013, 10:20 PM
Re: the issue of Kristen's infertility...this was recently addressed on the show. The relevant portions of the episode start at the 6:00 and 16:00 marks.

I know this is completely off the subject but here goes... If Brady and Ej are first cousins wouldnt that make Kristen some kind of cousin too, LOL Salem is so screwed up with everyone screwing each other , adopting, and exchanging I cant tell heads or tails who is kin to who.

blueskies
Member Avatar

^technically speaking, Sami and Brady are bio-second cousins, Ej and Brady are bio-half-first cousins, and Kristen is Brady's step-first cousin and John's step-niece. Of course she also married Tony (or was it Andre?) Well, if it was Tony, she was her own sister-in-law. If it was Andre, she married her step-cousin, not brother. Oh the tangled webs Days weaves....

I was going to attach the scene from Big Love where Adaleen explains how she's her own grandmother or something, but I can't find it, lol. Oh well.

Ljay
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 17 2013, 01:34 PM
^technically speaking, Sami and Brady are bio-second cousins, Ej and Brady are bio-half-first cousins, and Kristen is Brady's step-first cousin and John's step-niece. Of course she also married Tony (or was it Andre?) Well, if it was Tony, she was her own sister-in-law. If it was Andre, she married her step-cousin, not brother. Oh the tangled webs Days weaves....

I was going to attach the scene from Big Love where Adaleen explains how she's her own grandmother or something, but I can't find it, lol. Oh well.

Thanks for clearing that up! LOL :wow:

Will&Sonny

Re: these so-called Rafe and Hope "anvils" that some people are talking about based on one spoiler, I'll just point out that the same thing was said about "anvils" when the spoilers about E.J. and Abby were released, too. Sometimes an interaction is just an interaction. Not everything is meant to be an anvil.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a Rafe and Hope pairing. That's not who I would choose for Hope (personally, during the wedding episode on Monday, I was thinking that Chad and Hope would be interesting... :run: ), but I've never believed in telling writers, "Sorry, but you can't go there because...[insert reason here]." I reserve the right to not like where they choose to go, but I'll support their right to go there. :shrug: Limitations are boring.

But again, I doubt that these spoilers are anvils, so it's probably a moot point anyway.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 17 2013, 01:52 PM.

AFaithL

Go Nicole!!

michelle
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 17 2013, 01:34 PM

I freaking LOVE that she was her OWN sister in law! :wub2:

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 01:49 PM
Re: these so-called Rafe and Hope "anvils" that some people are talking about based on one spoiler, I'll just point out that the same thing was said about "anvils" when the spoilers about E.J. and Abby were released, too. Sometimes an interaction is just an interaction. Not everything is meant to be an anvil.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a Rafe and Hope pairing. That's not who I would choose for Hope (personally, during the wedding episode on Monday, I was thinking that Chad and Hope would be interesting... :run: ), but I've never believed in telling writers, "Sorry, but you can't go there because...[insert reason here]." I reserve the right to not like where they choose to go, but I'll support their right to go there. :shrug: Limitations are boring.

But again, I doubt that these spoilers are anvils, so it's probably a moot point anyway.
I'm not convinced that they're going to go with Rope, but I don't think people are reacting to just one spoiler (like some did with Ejabby). Rope has had a few scenes together over the last couple of months and now we have Hope talking to Rafe about her husband. Personally, I haven't seen enough Rope stuff to feel confident they're going there, but I do think there's more reason for Rope speculation than there ever was for Ejabby. Frankly, I never got the Ejabby speculation since it was just a scene and it seemed pretty clear they were moving toward Chabby so they wanted to set up for EJ to encourage Chad's pursuit of Abby.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

Kristen pregnant with Brady's baby possibly...im cool with it just as long she stays away from John. ;)

Laura39

Harmony233
Jan 16 2013, 08:58 PM
LonePirate
Jan 16 2013, 08:53 PM
Ljay
Jan 16 2013, 05:20 PM
---Rafe finds EJ with Sami, and couldn’t care less

We will how much he cares in a few months....
I'll take Rafe at his word this time. In fact, he may not care about Sami until EJ impregnates her again. We all know that EJ's children with Sami are what Rafe finds most attractive about her.
or until rafe moves on and sami will want him back lol
I think Sami FINALLY saw a side of Rafe that she finds repulsive and will have no desire to go back to that controlling, smug azz.

AFaithL

Poker Face
Jan 17 2013, 02:07 PM
Kristen pregnant with Brady's baby possibly...im cool with it just as long she stays away from John. ;)
Well...yeah. John and Marlena belong together 100%. They've always been my favorite couple.

And from Kristen's perspective, why would you even *want* John to begin with? Brady's definitely a HUGE upgrade. Younger, hotter, funnier, sexier...need I go on?

Kristen going from Brady to John would be like going from a juicy steak to a bowl of cheerios. John just isn't a catch anymore. Maybe 15 years ago, but not now. Him and Marlena fit together. But having multiple women swoon over him? Uh...no.

Brady >>>>>>> John. If I were in Salem, I would be chasing Brady and EJ (not Everett). THEY are sexy.

Ljay
Member Avatar

Safensane
Jan 17 2013, 10:11 AM
magicsteacher
Jan 17 2013, 09:50 AM
Please no Hope and Rafe. Hope is Sami's aunt and even tho she isn't a blood relative, it has a certain ICK factor for me. If they are going to pair Rafe with someone else, even for awhile, please make it someone who isn't related to Sami or the Bradys.

And I agree, Safe is far from over. They may go with Ejami for awhile, but there way too many Safe anvils dropped recently for me to think they are totally over.
I agree....all this was taped four months ago to be shown now....four months from now, Sami will have probably dumped EJ, reconnected w/Rafe, dumped him again, and will be sharing grandparenting duties with Lucas....this woman is so unstable that it isn't worth getting all worked up about who she'll be with at the moment! I just want Rafe and Lucas to be able to enjoy life and a little romance with women who are completely outside Sami's snakepit! :drunk:

I couldnt agree more.

Ljay
Member Avatar

Laura39
Jan 17 2013, 02:33 PM
Harmony233
Jan 16 2013, 08:58 PM
LonePirate
Jan 16 2013, 08:53 PM
Ljay
Jan 16 2013, 05:20 PM
---Rafe finds EJ with Sami, and couldn’t care less

We will how much he cares in a few months....
I'll take Rafe at his word this time. In fact, he may not care about Sami until EJ impregnates her again. We all know that EJ's children with Sami are what Rafe finds most attractive about her.
or until rafe moves on and sami will want him back lol
I think Sami FINALLY saw a side of Rafe that she finds repulsive and will have no desire to go back to that controlling, smug azz.

First of all Im not for either Sami or Rafe at this particular time. But I would really like to know the side of Rafe that was so repulsive? If it was him defending his sister, I dont find that repulsive at all.

Sami and Rafe both have a dog in this fight and its gonna be a big damn fight. Each opponent is in their corner now but Im sure both will come out fighting.

spartan
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 17 2013, 02:02 PM
Will&Sonny

I'm not convinced that they're going to go with Rope, but I don't think people are reacting to just one spoiler (like some did with Ejabby). Rope has had a few scenes together over the last couple of months and now we have Hope talking to Rafe about her husband. Personally, I haven't seen enough Rope stuff to feel confident they're going there, but I do think there's more reason for Rope speculation than there ever was for Ejabby. Frankly, I never got the Ejabby speculation since it was just a scene and it seemed pretty clear they were moving toward Chabby so they wanted to set up for EJ to encourage Chad's pursuit of Abby.
Exactly. It was the subject of the Rope conversation spoiled that had me raise the eyebrow in a Hope-like fashion. Why talk to Rafe about Bo when there are how many people on canvas Hope could have talked to? Yeah. I'm not convinced either that they are going this direction for sure. I am however pretty convinced someone behind the scenes wanted to test the waters a bit.
Edited by spartan, Jan 17 2013, 04:20 PM.

Ljay
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Jan 17 2013, 09:58 AM
Rafe has no problem being with Sami's family, he sure didn't mind when he was lusting after Carrie.

He couldnt have lusted after Carrie...Have you SEEN HER! Are you sure it was lust or just being curious, LOL That was the most agonizing storyline Ive lived through since Chloe and Lucas. :shame:

nolagirl
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 17 2013, 02:49 PM
Poker Face
Jan 17 2013, 02:07 PM
Well...yeah. John and Marlena belong together 100%. They've always been my favorite couple.

And from Kristen's perspective, why would you even *want* John to begin with? Brady's definitely a HUGE upgrade. Younger, hotter, funnier, sexier...need I go on?

Kristen going from Brady to John would be like going from a juicy steak to a bowl of cheerios. John just isn't a catch anymore. Maybe 15 years ago, but not now. Him and Marlena fit together. But having multiple women swoon over him? Uh...no.

Brady >>>>>>> John. If I were in Salem, I would be chasing Brady and EJ (not Everett). THEY are sexy.

I would have liked to have seen Kristen and Nu-John in scenes, they would have been hysterical and the triangle of Kristen/Nu-John/Marlena a hell of alot more interesting.

maverick
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 17 2013, 02:02 PM
Will&Sonny

I miss the days when the cast used to interact with so many different characters on the show, nowadays because everyone seems to be clusterd into these little 'groups' any little scene outside of the group causes speculation, sometimes mass speculation. It's refreshing for me as a viewer to see different interactions and I don't mind Rafe/Hope scenes but I do not want to see a romantic inkling. Hope shouldn't be paired with anyone currently on canvas, I want to see fresh character come on and play with her. Oh and Bo needs to "die". lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply