Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 16th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 16 2013, 11:25 AM (6,290 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 01:48 PM
Oh thank god Victor is back. I missed how he used to have balls.
I appreciate his effort to talk sense to Brady, who is pathetically and willfully blind right now, and his ire toward Kristen is totally justified. It doesn't take big brass balls to trash women using every name in the book though. I'll grant that he has good reason to hate Nicole, since she tried to kill him, even though he was a total bastard to her. What's his beef with Chloe? He might also have good reason for why he so relentlessly dislikes her, I just don't remember. Is it a case of him just never believing she was good enough for Philip and Brady?

Oh wait...it's because he blames her for Brady's cocaine addiction, right?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 01:43 PM
We haven't seen the DiMera mansion in what feels like a while. Not really a need, I guess, but why wouldn't Kristen just stay there? EJ's too far up Sami's vagina to ever be home. I actually prefer wherever Stefano is calling from. I felt the DiMera mansion was just ... not what it should be.
It needs a paint job. The living room area specifically. The bone color it's been for years now is too washed out.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Kate's about to say Chloe doesn't belong around children because she was a hooker, isn't she? Oh man. She wins the Carly Corinthos-Jacks/Sami Brady Award for Jaw-Dropping Hypocrisy.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Daniel you doofus! Kate tried to KILL Chloe and you know about that!

cord08

KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 01:52 PM
I love that we have a live thread and no more day ahead. Just sayin' ...
Yeah, I kinda like it too. I really appreciated the time and efforts of those who posted the day aheads, but I kind of like not knowing exactly how everything is going to go down. I think that Canada might go day ahead again with the presidential preemption on Monday, though.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jan 16 2013, 01:54 PM
KMan101
I appreciate his effort to talk sense to Brady, who is pathetically and willfully blind right now, and his ire toward Kristen is totally justified. It doesn't take big brass balls to trash women using every name in the book though. I'll grant that he has good reason to hate Nicole, since she tried to kill him, even though he was a total bastard to her. What's his beef with Chloe? He might also have good reason for why he so relentlessly dislikes her, I just don't remember. Is it a case of him just never believing she was good enough for Philip and Brady?

Victor has never really liked Chloe, going back to her accusing Phillip of rape, and then causing friction between his son and grandson.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

KMan101
It's because Canada doesn't have the day-aheads anymore.

blueskies
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
KMan101

I don't recall Victor ever liking Chloe, but I could be blocking it out. I was thinking it stemmed from the fake rape thing with Philip and then going back and forth between his son and grandson. Although if I recall correctly the rape thing was Nancy. Working from memory though so I could be way wrong here.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Jan 16 2013, 01:57 PM
JessicaLeigh
KMan101

Victor has never really liked Chloe, going back to her accusing Phillip of rape, and then causing friction between his son and grandson.
Ah, of course. I remember now. Thanks.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 16 2013, 01:56 PM
KMan101
Yeah, I kinda like it too. I really appreciated the time and efforts of those who posted the day aheads, but I kind of like not knowing exactly how everything is going to go down. I think that Canada might go day ahead again with the presidential preemption on Monday, though.
I like both, but the day aheads tells me when to skip certain scenes and episodes. lol

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

IMO this show is soooo much better without Sami, Rafe and EJ.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Daniel and Brady - neither are in possession of the Salem brain.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 01:43 PM
We haven't seen the DiMera mansion in what feels like a while. Not really a need, I guess, but why wouldn't Kristen just stay there? EJ's too far up Sami's vagina to ever be home. I actually prefer wherever Stefano is calling from. I felt the DiMera mansion was just ... not what it should be.
It needs a paint job. The living room area specifically. The bone color it's been for years now is too washed out.
It looks unfinished.

I also hate the maroon wallpaper in the foyer. It looks cheap as hell.

I miss when the DiMera mansion looked like this:

appleblossom

Honeybees
Jan 16 2013, 02:11 PM
Miss Rhi
Daniel and Brady - neither are in possession of the Salem brain.
Greek is not a race but an ethnic group, although at one time in America, there was a strong prejudice against Greek and Italian-Americans.

cord08

KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 01:26 PM
I know! It's almost as good as if JJ were here and hating on his bitch shrew of a mother.
Speaking of JJ, I wonder if/when the "David" casting call is going to show up. Shouldn't we be hearing something pretty soon?

peaches179

So, Stefano still have a soft spot for Marlena. I guess the writers finally remembered that.

LOL@ Victor's reaction when Brady told him about Kristen.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

I rescind my comment in yesterday's daily discussion thread about that show being boring compared to the episode before. For one brief, shining moment I'd forgotten how horribly dull this whole Dan/Jen/Chloe thing is and today's episode did a good job of reminding me. I hope the return of Nancy will provide the spice that this storyline so desperately needs.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 16 2013, 01:41 PM
These scenes with Stefano are reminding me: When was the last time we saw the DiMera mansion? I can't even remember.

On the other hand, I could use a break from the coffee house set. I like it, but it has become the new HTS...it's on every single day.
I think the Dimera mansion has become St. Luke's.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

So many things like liked about today. I liked that Stefano made Kristen promise not to hurt Marlena. I liked how Maggie likened Brady's actions regarding Kristen to an addict (a parallel I've actually drawn). I like how Chloe is anti-Jennifer. I like how Kate is clearly going to use Jennifer against Chloe. I liked Chloe interacting with Brady & Kristen (a HUGE fail of Chloe's last run was the lack of Chloe/Brady interaction when Bjorlin & Martsolf have SO much chemistry). I also liked Chloe's reference to Electra where Brady/Kristen is concerned (i.e. Mommy fixation) along with Kristen being Brady's almost-ex-stepmother. References to Brady being dense (both Stefano AND Victor!). Hope the cop's "I know it's illegal, but..."

Is it just more or does this show actually seem like it's starting to gel together?

Today's show was directed by Herb Stein with a script by Jeanne Marie Ford.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh! I failed to mention that I'm impressed that they seem to have actually put some thought into extensively decorating & personalizing Marlena's office set. Also, I fucking LOVE that set they had Stefano on today.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply