Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 16th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 16 2013, 11:25 AM (6,479 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Jan 16 2013, 03:05 PM
I rescind my comment in yesterday's daily discussion thread about that show being boring compared to the episode before. For one brief, shining moment I'd forgotten how horribly dull this whole Dan/Jen/Chloe thing is and today's episode did a good job of reminding me. I hope the return of Nancy will provide the spice that this storyline so desperately needs.
It will if she knifes him as (in my mind) she promised.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

KMan101
Jan 16 2013, 01:52 PM
I love that we have a live thread and no more day ahead. Just sayin' ...
I really miss the "day ahead." I am hoping Canada gets the show the 21st when we don't so we can have the day ahead recaps.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 16 2013, 03:23 PM
So many things like liked about today. I liked that Stefano made Kristen promise not to hurt Marlena. I liked how Maggie likened Brady's actions regarding Kristen to an addict (a parallel I've actually drawn). I like how Chloe is anti-Jennifer. I like how Kate is clearly going to use Jennifer against Chloe. I liked Chloe interacting with Brady & Kristen (a HUGE fail of Chloe's last run was the lack of Chloe/Brady interaction when Bjorlin & Martsolf have SO much chemistry). I also liked Chloe's reference to Electra where Brady/Kristen is concerned (i.e. Mommy fixation) along with Kristen being Brady's almost-ex-stepmother. References to Brady being dense (both Stefano AND Victor!). Hope the cop's "I know it's illegal, but..."

Is it just more or does this show actually seem like it's starting to gel together?

Today's show was directed by Herb Stein with a script by Jeanne Marie Ford.
I think the show has actually come together more than it has in awhile. The cross-story references and characters not being isolated in their own bubbles show that. I know that many here felt this would be the strength of Tomsell, bringing the canvas together in a way MarDar were never able to do. My only problem with the show is not the lack of direction but that I absolutely HATE the direction 2-3 stories are going in.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

appleblossom
Jan 16 2013, 02:41 PM
Honeybees
Jan 16 2013, 02:11 PM
Miss Rhi
Jan 16 2013, 01:56 PM
Daniel you doofus! Kate tried to KILL Chloe and you know about that!
Daniel and Brady - neither are in possession of the Salem brain.
Greek is not a race but an ethnic group, although at one time in America, there was a strong prejudice against Greek and Italian-Americans.
How is that related to what Honeybees or I posted?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jan 16 2013, 04:14 PM
appleblossom
Honeybees
Miss Rhi
Jan 16 2013, 01:56 PM
Daniel you doofus! Kate tried to KILL Chloe and you know about that!
Daniel and Brady - neither are in possession of the Salem brain.
Greek is not a race but an ethnic group, although at one time in America, there was a strong prejudice against Greek and Italian-Americans.
I'm guessing that reply was posted in the wrong thread.

Anyway, the spoilers for this week says that Chloe finds a job in Salem? Maybe it's with Kristen (or should I say DiMera INC)? :shrug:

Afterall, Kristen did hand Chloe a business card so they could "meet for lunch"

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I hate the day aheads. If those things come back, I'll probably stay out of these threads. Nothing worse than 10+ pages of crap, conjuncture, speculation, and fanwank based just the description of a show people have yet to see to wade through before you even get to anything remotely relevant to having watched the actual episode.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Matt
Jan 16 2013, 04:19 PM
I hate the day aheads. If those things come back, I'll probably stay out of these threads. Nothing worse than 10+ pages of crap, conjuncture, speculation, and fanwank based just the description of a show people have yet to see to wade through before you even get to anything remotely relevant to having watched the actual episode.
Don't worry we may have a plan. ;)

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Miss Rhi
Jan 16 2013, 04:22 PM
Matt
YAY!

I have to admit that I'm surprised at how much more I'm enjoying not having a day ahead thread. Typically by the time I watch the show it's the morning after it airs in the US - so essentially 2 days after the thread starts here. While I like spoilers as much as the next person I do find that reading a day ahead affects my opinion of the show before I actually see it so when I do watch it tends to be with a bias. Granted - shame on me for letting it affect me that way but the only way to avoid it is to skip reading the day ahead and thus essentially stay out of the daily discussion threads.

peaches179

Matt
Jan 16 2013, 03:24 PM
Oh! I failed to mention that I'm impressed that they seem to have actually put some thought into extensively decorating & personalizing Marlena's office set. Also, I fucking LOVE that set they had Stefano on today.

ICAM!!! And if I never see the Horton Square again it will be to soon.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
I agree!! (Even if I sometimes did the conjuncturing, speculating and fanwanking myself.) I feel like these threads are soooo much better now that people are actually reacting to what they saw play out on-screen. It's a TV show, so it's meant to be watched, not read, and there is a lot of the story that is not captured by dialogue alone. Plus, I feel like folks have "earned" their right to comment because they actually invested the time to watch the damn show. I say don't do the DA descriptions even if Canada does re-vamp their schedule.

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jan 16 2013, 04:30 PM
Miss Rhi
Jan 16 2013, 04:22 PM
Matt
YAY!

I have to admit that I'm surprised at how much more I'm enjoying not having a day ahead thread. Typically by the time I watch the show it's the morning after it airs in the US - so essentially 2 days after the thread starts here. While I like spoilers as much as the next person I do find that reading a day ahead affects my opinion of the show before I actually see it so when I do watch it tends to be with a bias. Granted - shame on me for letting it affect me that way but the only way to avoid it is to skip reading the day ahead and thus essentially stay out of the daily discussion threads.
I noticed something similar. Broad spoilers are good, but reading a transcript without hearing the delivery and seeing these body language made the show less enjoyable. I do miss the PBPs when the video would be coming a minute or two later. Good times.

I'd really like to be invested in the Dan/Chloe/Jen/Kate thing, but it's not working out so far. I like Chloe with an attitude, but I don't care for her directing her coldness at Jen, because she really has no reason to dislike her.

I also liked that Stefano didn't want Marlena harmed, but he and Kristen believe it's just common sense that Kristen deserves revenge, just like a Brady would expect legal justice.

Like someone else said,I also liked the Electra reference. Not only did it fit the story, that is such a thing Chloe would say.

Marlena has an office! Lol that Marlena wrung her hands about recording Kristen, but she calmly slapped the taste out of her mouth the other day.

I also loved seeing Stefano again and that he called Brady an idiot. I like Brady, but this is clearly true. Another nice touch -that Brady already told Kristen all about Chloe, even though it's been what a few weeks? Yep, that is definitely something he'd do.

Didn't Victor already know about Kristen, though? Wasn't he supposed to find a love letter?

KMan101
Member Avatar

We've seen Marlena's most current office before, though I swear it had a different layout, though all those "offices" they use seem the same (which they likely are lol). It actually looked like the room John was in after he and Brady beat up on each other.

I also agree that I think St. Luke's could be the DiMera Mansion just a little reconfigured. I can see the similarities. I'm confused a bit on the sets though, don't they "store" some of them. I know most probably stay up and get re-dressed (it's obvious which ones) but I remember reading at one point someone saying the sets for St. Lukes were still around. IDK. Anyone remember this?

Matt summed up my feelings on the Day Ahead and I agree with tomsawyer as well.
Edited by KMan101, Jan 16 2013, 05:12 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Finally watching today's show.....OMG...the chemistry between Eric and Nadia :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Damn you Tomlin for wasting Chloe on Daniel. She should be fighting for Brady dammit. :flipoff: :moon:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jan 16 2013, 05:23 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I wish I cared about Chloe, Dan or Jen because this story is obviously going to be front-and-center for the next few months. The Chloe vs. Kate angle is the most interesting part of the story and I liked Kate setting up her manipulation of Jen today, but the Dannifer crap today just puts me to sleep. I'm going to need Chloe to go BSC to keep me from FFing this.

I never thought I'd reach this point, but I hate pretty much any scene Victor is in now. He's either having a lame tiff with Maggie or railing about some slut who's spending time with Dan or Brady. That's pretty much his only role now. He's horrible and it makes me sad.

Marlena was breaking my heart when she talked about John living in the hotel. I also loved seeing her and Hope scheme together even though are they are obviously in over their heads in trying to go up against Kristin.

Kristin's conversation with Stefano was made of win. That is the way to keep Stefano around the canvas, but still scary. I love that he's hiding out and knows what's going on, but not hanging out at the pub. When he sets foot in Salem again, it may actually seem menacing.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Can Nancy please knife Maggie? And Daniel. Please? And Jennifer shopping for Daniel's son when she doesn't even shop for her own. Nancy can knife her too.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jan 16 2013, 05:30 PM.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Beautiful Broe scenes today! Love that history was brought up in their conversation. It was magic watching them together again. Chloe should be with Brady damnit!!!

six
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Miss Rhi
Jan 16 2013, 04:14 PM
appleblossom
Honeybees

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'm guessing that reply was posted in the wrong thread.

Yes, there's another thread where a poster is saying wilson is an interracial relationship.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Plus Chloe is her real self with Brady and someone entirely different with Dr. Perv. It was nice seeing the real her again.
Edited by Ana75, Jan 16 2013, 06:09 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Chloe, Brady, & Kristen....awkward.

Dan, loose the scarf. It's not attractive.

At all.

Or, maybe it's just you.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Ha! Loved the "over me" mouthed comment Chloe made to Brady.

Oh look! Kate's wearing squirrel again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply