Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 16th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 16 2013, 11:25 AM (6,413 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Ok so I was going to post a picture of "hot" brady.... but this amused me more.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I liked most of today.

I really liked the Marlena/Hope scenes. I liked the way Deidre played Marlena telling Hope that John moved out. I like that Hope and Marlena were okay with the fact that they both seem to be on different sides of the Wabi/Nabi paternity debacle. I really liked the light-hearted parts, and I got a little cracked up when Marlena made an incredibly lame attempt at a Kristen insult. Apparently, Marlena needs to actually be looking at Kristen to come up with the good stuff.

Broe is love. What a missed opportunity with those two. This is actually the first I've liked Chloe at all this run so far. I loved that she pointed out the Electra stuff and pointed out all the issues. It's one thing to hear it from family, so I was glad he heard it from someone completely uninvolved too.

I was back and forth on the Magstor/Brady stuff, but one thing I did like was the continuing theme of Kristen being like a drug to Brady. It felt more intentional today, and I think that was a good call.

I didn't hate the Dannifer stuff today, but I didn't like it either. Actually, what I didn't like was the whole thing with Jennifer "upsetting" Parker. Her reaction was just OTT. Meanwhile, I'm going to need them to never talk about Parker's diapers again because the kid looks 8. It made me uncomfortable.

This story with Kate is reminding me A LOT of the Snow White story. It makes absolutely no sense, and Kate is so OTT. I mean, she even used the "had two children taken from me" card. I don't think I'm going to like this story. IMO, LK was the only thing that saved the story before, and I'm not sure she'll be able to do that a second time.

Kristen/Marlena was also good. I loved Marlena calling Brady her son, Kristen correcting, and Marlena not caring. And I loved Marlena barging in.

The Stefano scenes are completely unnecessary.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Victor... I just seriously LOVE YOU! :wub:

I loved the Marlena/Hope stuff. I thought it a little lame that Hope actually spelled B-I-T-C-H it made me feel like a 8 year old... it was just odd lmao. "I will seize the moment... and I will nail her skinny self to the wall." I have heard better lines from Marlena, but it still made me laugh! I also loved that Marlena called Brady her son... I just sooo badly want Brady to refer to or call Marlena "Mom". I don't know why that bugs me so much lol.

Brady and Chole = :wub: I actually SEE some chemistry between EM and NB, unlike the "chemistry" that exists between EM and NO OTHER ACTRESS EVER! I have just never seen him have chemistry with any woman his character has ever been paired with. :shrug:

And once again... Victor... I just seriously LOVE YOU! :wub:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Just watched. I loved the Hope/Marlena scenes. They are supercute friends. Except, I totally thought Marlena was handing Hope some packages of condoms in that first scene. And Marlena has an OFFICE! Nice!

Fucking loved that Kristen was jealous of Chloe....and a little insecure. She needs some competition. She needs to FIGHT for Brady. I am soooo pissed that Chloe was brought back for Dannifer angst instead of a Broe/Bristen triangle.

Oh, and Chloe?? Brady is sexy. Daniel is washed up. Just sayin'. He looks old enough to be your father.

Eileen and Eric are still clicking. BIG time. It's wrong, I know, but I like them together. A lot.

blueskies
Member Avatar

you know, given Jen's OTT reaction when Parker cried, I'm starting to think she pinched Parker to make him cry & then to make Daniel feel better by "not being a stranger to him".

Marlene

Lost about 20 minutes of the episode due to "breaking news".

A child was abducted from a classroom on Monday and a passerby found her Tuesday morning. The interruption was to hear the local chief of police comment. Since the little girl is already back with her family, was this interruption really necessary?

Have to watch again online.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh I forgot to mention. It really annoyed me yesterday when Victor said he knows the DiMeras better than anyone. No, he doesn't.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I saw the show last night. It was good. Glad Stefano is back!!!!

Lil
Member Avatar

Ok, I'm no Chloe fan...haven't been since ghoul girl, really, but Maggie agreeing with Victor that Taniel needs to be protected from her is such a gigantic lump of shit. Just when I think I cannot hate Maggie more than I already do too. Was Maggie not the one who took Chloe in when she was at her lowest, due in part to His Orangeness? I guess Maggie's infamous compassion only applies to a select few these days. I really hope they un-egg-baby his ass because clearly Mags is hot to trot for the dirty fucker herself.

STEFANO!!!! Ok, maybe the conversation between he and Kristen WAS a little unneccessary, but my oh my did I enjoy the holy Hell out of every second of it! And I LOVE Steffy's secret lair!!! I love that he still HAS secret lairs! It's just unfortunate that it is decorated so much better than the mansion. And DARK lighting. DiMansion used to always have dim lights and I think going back to that would help obscure the cheapness of these sets (It works for me for the cabin set w/ John & Kristen)

Oh and Stefano making Kristen promise not to hurt Marlena is sooo in character. Now that he is for the time being free of Kate, will that obsession resurface? If so, I sure as shit hope John is back in town.

LMFAO @ a good portion of the Hope & Marlena scenes. While I do appreciate their friendship, some of the dialogue was sooo WTF? "B-I-T-C-H"? I mean...REALLY?!?! And I almost peed myself laughing about Salem PD's finest technology. Hope is getting some of the silliest shitastic dialogue ever these days. Is she taking pills again? lol

And Kristen and Marlena....Ohhhhh the deliciousness. Funny too, how Marlena kept hunching forward toward Kristen, thus giving away the wire she's wearing. It's the little things. And Eileen and Deidre are always so spot on. I LOVE them in scenes together.

I do adore me some Kate, but I must agree with Lysie that I don't think even she can save this suck-fest of a storyline. Too much WTFery from the get-go. But most have already expounded on that so I will refrain. I still love LK and I am still hopeful something will either light this story up (I doubt it but there's a glimmer of hope there) or that the February "Wow" moments she talked about are going to be something monumentally better than this. Which really shouldn't be hard.

LOL@ Billie- "Taniel has plenty of hands to go around." Oh Hell yeah he does. All of them primed to grope a 1 or multiple time patient!

Dannifer still continue to annoy the shit out of me. Please leave Salem.

Lil
Member Avatar

Oh, I also meant to ask...What's with the digeridoo music overkill? Did they steal the easy listening tapes from Quinn's...I mean Maggie's spa?

And like many of you...Sick of the coffee shop already. Can't we have chez Rouge back? I would think a character like Kristen or Marlena or Stefano (when he returns) would be more likely to hang out there...you know...mildly sophisticated, DIM LIGHTING, wine instead of lattes, tacky fireplaces from the re-set and all? Just sayin...

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 16 2013, 04:19 PM
I hate the day aheads. If those things come back, I'll probably stay out of these threads. Nothing worse than 10+ pages of crap, conjuncture, speculation, and fanwank based just the description of a show people have yet to see to wade through before you even get to anything remotely relevant to having watched the actual episode.
I like the daysahead post because it gives the name of the person responsible for the script and I can always go back to clarify what happened when an issue arises over what was said/done in a particular incident in a prior episode.I have occasionally gone back a few weeks or months to check dialogue between characters.Most of the time I read the daysahead thread after seeing the episode anyway.
Edited by BeeBee, Jan 17 2013, 04:32 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jan 17 2013, 04:30 PM
Matt
Jan 16 2013, 04:19 PM
I hate the day aheads. If those things come back, I'll probably stay out of these threads. Nothing worse than 10+ pages of crap, conjuncture, speculation, and fanwank based just the description of a show people have yet to see to wade through before you even get to anything remotely relevant to having watched the actual episode.
I like the daysahead post because it gives the name of the person responsible for the script and I can always go back to clarify what happened when an issue arises over what was said/done in a particular incident in a prior episode.I have occasionally gone back a few weeks or months to check dialogue between characters.Most of the time I read the daysahead thread after seeing the episode anyway.
I'ld like to see a Play by Play after the show.... so you can have your 10 - 8 pages of live commentary and the thrill of reacting to the emotions of the show followed by a record of the dialogue.

higasauras

Panda Panda
Jan 16 2013, 01:02 PM
oooh Brady has a new do, and a biker jacket?
Where can I get this jacket?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply