Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Idol (Season 12)
Topic Started: Jan 16 2013, 09:27 PM (3,665 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Keith is looking good is all I will say.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Poor Keith,in the middle between two crazy women.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Guess the judges have no say in what we see on the screen because I can not believe la diva Mariah Carey would give her thumbs up on that blink-and-you-miss-it dream sequence where she was to be fantasizing about bacon.

Yes, bacon sizzling on the pan.

As much as I love and adore her, I thought it was hilarious.

King
Member Avatar

That was so funny! B'Akon!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Steven Tyler makes an ugly woman.

King
Member Avatar

Loved Thursday's too. The little sixteen year old kid's story was really touching.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Been saying this since season 1,but for group performance,pick a song you know the lyrics too.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Can't believe I amsaying this but I really like Nicki Minji as a judge. Hope this keeps up in the live shows.

cajnej
Member Avatar

I agree Cubs Girl. I said to my daughter( who is a Nicky fan) I was determined not to like her but find her a great addition to the judging panel. I love how Keith nows the words to EVERY song. Am loving him being a judge this year.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

People are still watching here, right?!

I have to say I LOVE this new top 40 format for the show! Nice!

I'm going to call it early - Kree Harrison is going to take this season by storm! AMAZING performance. I really hope she comes out of her shell though. That's my only problem with her. She seems really closed off and sheltered when she's not singing. Did she even genuinely smile one time?

Amber Holcomb...is it just me is is she a Superstar in the making? OMG! Her performance was breathtaking as well, she's my second runner up so far. I love her voice, personality & just overall demeanor. She really stands out.

Adriana stood out as well. Her, Amber & Kree are the only ones I care about out of the bunch at this point. Looking forward to the next 10 girls next week.

Shubha Vedula though :(:(:( I was SO sad to see her get sent home. Ok her performance was a bit on the messy side, not vocal wise but just the arrangement of the song really killed it. But damn that girl was a firecracker and I just loved her spirit. She was so good during Hollywood week. I wish she had gotten another chance but oh well

Overall I thought the judging was on point. One thing I think they need to do is start with a different judge critiquing after each performance instead of always starting with Keith all the time, because it's really grating how Mariah's always last.

Nicki & Keith are totally BFF's and I love it!

Nicki's critique on Kamaria (who did absolutely dreadful): "My darling, you look very nicely styled today. I love your outfit. Your makeup is beautiful. Your hair is workin', yes ma'am, okay? Be prouda'dat. What I never noticed until tonight was this throaty, twangy thing you were doing. The last time I remember you singing in group round, I didn't hear that. So I don't know if you put that on for this song, I don't know if that was supposed to be like a little swag on it, but it didn't work, babe. It didn't. But you look amazing."

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

BTW. Nicki is the BEST, most brutally honest judge! I just love her! Amazing.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

It is nice to have a brutally honest judge.

King
Member Avatar

Wow, these girls are BORRRRRRRRRING. Or bad. SNOOZE!

I love this Angela girl, but, god, ENOUGH WITH THE JESSE JAMES' SONGS PLEASE!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

All the ballads were boring.

King
Member Avatar

I agree. I thought it was a snorefest.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I know ballads can impress vocally,but a few up tempo's would of been nice.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Keith just expressed my biggest problem with AI the last few years. These singers just have no connection when they sing. You need to have a balance of good voice as well as the performance. They need to sell the song. Just because you sing well, doesn't mean you sold it. Too many just seem too programmed in how they are going to perform that it comes off robotic.

cajnej
Member Avatar

The young lady Crea ( not sure of name spelling) was my favourite performer of the females. i liked how she just sang and did not rely on what she was wearing to stand out. Of the men I liked the young guy who sang Rocket Man and the guy who sang last but who the judges put through first.

ETA I agree with ALLmyDAYSatGH the order of critiquing the performance needs to be changed. I have to say though the addition of Keith and Nikki has been a real bonus this year. I was sure I would not like Nikki but she is great and never boring. Keith was a judge on "the Voice" Australia last year and he was fabulous so I am not surprised he is handling the job well on AI
Edited by cajnej, Feb 24 2013, 03:47 PM.

King
Member Avatar

I don't really see the need for these two weeks. If America can't vote, what is the point of doing these weird live performances? Why can't they just present us with the top 20? LOL.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

The Top 10 reveal.....

I think this year's IDOL will be a woman and it should be either, Angie Miller, Candice Glover or Kree Harrison. These 3 are by far the Top 3 this season and always have been! Amber Holcomb is coming up fast too. Shame that Janelle Arthur made it, she started out great, but the last 2 weeks she's been boring, wrong song choices, almost horrible....should've went home. Aubrey Cleland or Breanna Creel should've gotten her spot. Glad that pageanty singer Adriana LaTonio is gone, also glad the over-rated Tenna Torres is gone, and THANK GOD, THE STARS AND HEAVEN AND AMERICAN IDOL VOTERS, the trainwreck, prostitute-looking, 45'ish looking, Zoanette Johnson is OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!

America got 3 out 5 men (why does the show insist in calling them boys, lmfao!!!). Lazaro Arbos I can see in the Top 5 with the 4 best girls. Glad Burnell Taylor made it, the only African-American in the Top 10 guys that is actually CURRENT! Curtis Finch Jr. sings every song the same as a gospel song......oh yeah, that's all he is.... Great gospel singer, I'd give him a 10 as a gospel singer, but compared to everyone else a 5 since gospel and classic Soul/R&B are the only things the dude can sing, plus do not like his arrogant, smug, a-hole personality from the Vegas week, esp. during group time, should've WENT HOME. Paul Jolley, pretty good, but imho sounds more pop than country, probably should've went home too. I like Devin Velez, so glad he made I guess, but sad that Hawaiian teen Elijah Liu, didn't make it, thought he was more current then anyone else (where were the teen girls votes?!). I liked Charlie Askew too, didn't get why the judges didn't like this week's performance....don't think they like rock much. Also liked Nick Bodington, kinda wished he made it. So glad the highly over-rated Vincent Powell is gone.....stay a back-up singer dude. Also glad Cortez Shaw, who i previously liked is gone, he needs to go to acting or modeling as a profession, and take singing lessons if he wants to continue as a singer.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Mar 9 2013, 02:49 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · CBS Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply