Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Idol (Season 12)
Topic Started: Jan 16 2013, 09:27 PM (3,719 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Couldn't be more thrilled that Lazaro is gone.

I do think this season was stacked in favor of the girls, but I'm not complaining. They're all fantastic. However, this season could have been amazing had there been 5 equally fantastic boys, though the women would probably all fall victim thanks the voters. The show really needs to change around it's voting.

I also do think that having all five girls be so awesome and the boys so terrible has lead this season to feeling kind of boring because it has pretty much been predictable. So the show is kinda screwed every way it looks at it. Plus there is likely just viewer fatigue and more related competition shows that are more 'new'. Idol isn't bad at all this season (tired of the theme weeks though). I mean, the show starts in January and it takes until March to get to the top 10/12, whatever, so viewers are just probably getting tired. I know I pretty skip the show until Hollywood week. And even this year I admit to skipping that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Lazarro really changed throughout the process, IMO. He was so cold and bratty toward the end. I really don't think he was like that in the beginning.

All girl final five. MEH! I just feel manipulated. LOL.

I hope Candice and Kree and Amber are the final three. :)

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I am just happy a girl will finally win.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

A girl will win, and from this point 'til the end of the series when it winds up being dominated by guys they can just say "In Season 12 the final five were all girls so there are no problems with the voting system."

It's pretty frickin' genius, imho, what they've pulled off.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Why did I watch?

Loved that last performance. Like...loved. And she's going to go home most likely, far as I can tell.

King
Member Avatar

I think I am pulling for Kree. There is something about her I just love.

I love Candice, Angie, Amber, and Kree all though.

Janelle, I can take or leave.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The judges must have gotten the memo about Nigel thinking they do not have chemistry together at all, and blaming the Nicki and Mariah feud as part of the problem. They acknowledged each other for the first time. Nicki even complimented Mariah.

Mariah said something to Keith too. Clearly, they were trying last night.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Nikki called Mariah "Sir",not sure what to think of that.

cajnej
Member Avatar

I enjoyed Idol this week. Loved the results show. I know many do not like Fantasia but I am one of those who is a fan. You could never say she does not sing without feeling. I am still a Kree and Candice fan to win.

King
Member Avatar

I am glad Janelle went home b/c I really like Kree a lot.

I love the Judges Panel this year. :)

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

What is up with the song choices?? Horrible show last night. They can all sing well, but I'm BORED. I would like to see the list of songs they have to choose from.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I just have to stop in and say that I think Mr. Seacrest does a fantastic job with the show, and the judges may come and go, as judges do, but he is the anchor of the show. Love him in the morning too, although I am a fan of Big Boy for obvious reasons.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Best of the Night last night

(1) Amber Holcolmb.....best ever. Jimmy's an asshole talking about "MacArthur Park", I think he was disrespectful to the late great diva Donna Summer!
(2) Angie Miller ----one of her best night's ever
(3) Candice Glover ---- only because of her singing yet again churchy and old-timey, but as great as usual

and Should definitely go home, by far worse than the rest

Kree Harrison ---- bad song choices, too old timey, not feeling very country at all this week. IMHO easy to pick the one to go home.

Wonder what the surprise twist is?!?!?

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Jimmy's comments were a little harsh,but I have never liked "MacArthur Park",any version,it is a corny song,but I think Amber did a pretty good job.

I think Kree is in trouble,which makes me sad,she does pick songs that ALOT of the viewers may not know.

I HATED that version of Rihanna's "Stay".

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

J-Lo is performing on the finale. :)

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Still drives me nuts when someone picks a song they don't know all the lyrics too.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Didn't love the song choices.

Candice was the best for me tonight.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Harry was a great mentor.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Once again, I was BORED. The only performances I liked were Kree's first song and Candice's first song.

The second round was bad for everyone. Not a good theme. Many viewers are probably not even familiar with most of those songs.

I did like Harry calling Randy out, and Niki & Mariah's little argument was good for a laugh.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

The judges were full of shit during the 1st half of the show, songs from 2013. Angie's version of "Diamonds" was good, she made it her own. Amber's version of P!nk's "Just Give Me a Reason" was good, true to the original. Candice singing Bruno Mars "When I Was Your Man", what the fuck!!?!?!? Of all the songs she could've picked she sings a song about being someone's man? Why didn't she change the lyrics up and the judges saying they didn't care about the lyrics, was total stupidity. I love Candice & think she's been the most consistent but she was absolutely stupid for picking that song and the judges even more stupid for bragging her up.

Why On EARTH STANDARDS?!?!?!? They've done enough old songs this season, TOO MUCH. Standards are so boring!!!!

On the standards, Candice was by far the best. Angie, Amber & Kree all about tied next.

Can't wait to see David Cook tomorrow night.

Harry Connick Jr. should become a judge next season, replace Mariah Carey.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · CBS Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply