Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 17 2013, 09:43 AM (5,343 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

blueskies
Jan 17 2013, 01:43 PM
JessicaLeigh
Jan 17 2013, 01:41 PM
I hate to see two beautiful, resourceful women fight over an unworthy douchebag. Ugh. They should be giving each other support and positive reinforcement.
Or plotting how to off him.....
Cue Chicago's "Cell Block Tango"...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

WillFan
Jan 17 2013, 01:00 PM
No more Day Ahead

It appears that NTV will no longer be airing a day ahead episode of Days. I've checked their schedule and they are not airing a show on Monday. Perphaps somewhere down the line if there's an unexpected preemption then we may get a day ahead again ... but I suspect they'll just air a repeat of the show they aired the day of the unexpected preemption.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358339/message/1358440897/No+more+Day+Ahead

This sucks I love to read the Day Ahead.
It certainly saves me from having to watch Danifer love scenes! LOL

Will&Sonny

Okay, Hope just told Marlena that Roman was out of town on Wednesday's episode. That conversation couldn't have taken place more than an hour or two before Marlena went over to Kristen's hotel room. Hope really needs to pay more attention to Roman.

Oh, wait -- no one pays attention to Roman.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

Dazefan4now
Jan 17 2013, 01:38 PM
I know, I know it's not only about looks but it's tough to buy Daniel with Jenn (MR) with beauties like Ari and Nadia on the canvas.
ITA. If I saw her at a PTA meeting, I would think she was pretty. As a head turner, not even close! I wouldn't want those other chicks within 50 feet of my husband. Jennifer, I would gladly introduce him to and say "she's cute isn't she?".

Will&Sonny

"Inkling" is such an underused word.

Will&Sonny

Subtle attempt to cover that brooch, Marlena. Really subtle.

Will&Sonny

Yeah, maybe Will would feel more comfortable talking to the man whom he has shared maybe one conversation with since coming out of the closet.

Will&Sonny

"While you have your haloed head in the clouds, Chloe is going to be laying groundwork -- and that's not the only thing she'll be laying."

Nice one, Kate. Victor would approve.

Will&Sonny

I just realized that not having Day Aheads will also do wonders for my post count.

Also..."You know, I really think he made a mistake when he transplanted that organ. Instead of a heart, you needed a brain."

Alana
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 02:11 PM
I'm kind of glad that the Day Aheads have ended. While I'm not going to try to claim that I didn't enjoy finding out about certain things a day early (I definitely did, although I will note that I never read anything in the Day Aheads that didn't involve Will and Sonny), I feel like the Day Aheads contributed to the sense of apathy and discontent that a lot of people seemed to feel for the show. I can't speak for those people, but that's how it seemed to me.

Now, people have to actually watch the show each day (or choose not to, of course) -- and they are forced to judge it based on what is actually happening on-screen, as opposed to a textual summary that can be misconstrued and doesn't provide the same emotional resonance. I also think that the play-by-play style of the recent discussion threads has been more fun to read and participate in.

All of that being said, I want to take a moment to thank everyone who provided Day Ahead summaries and/or YouTube clips. I'm not trying to diminish your contributions at all -- they were greatly appreciated. I'm simply looking forward to trying something different for a while, and I think that it will be a positive change for the show.
I always appreciated the Day Ahead thread, since I haven't been watching the show for almost a year, but still, deep, very deep down my heart, care about the show and wanted to know what was going on without actually being at the mercy of "watching" this trainwreck.

I really hope there is a way to still have a Day Ahead thread and a Life Watching thread (which I enjoy reading very much, too).

KMan101
Member Avatar

Quite loved the Nicole and Chloe showdown way more than I thought I would.

Marlena/Kristen is always awesome but lol at Kristen totally winning at Marlena's game. Marlena can never catch a break. And of course John hears that Marlena knew. Good stuff. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Daniel/Jen, sigh. No comment. Jen/Kate was kinda fun. I liked that Jen at least showed life with Kate. She acts like this stepford wife with Daniel, all dead and quiet and sweet and whispery. UGH. Anyway ... is it wrong but I was kinda just hoping Chloe and Daniel would just rip their clothes off and go to town in the HTS. Seriously. I hate Daniel with everyone but somehow I KINDA like him with Chloe. I love Chloe wanting to destroy Jennifer, even if it is "For Daniel" (ugh).

Surprised to see Rotox (love that nickname!) but I couldn't even understand a word he said. I honestly had to put on the closed captioning even after turning the volume up. He was on for like nothing. Guess they realized they needed to use him at least once lol. I haven't seen him in quite a while (not complaining, I just noticed the other day he hadn't been around). Glad to see more storyline synergy with Roman asking Marlena if she's heard from Will.

Billie and Kate is always nice. I'm still so bummed Lisa Rinna isn't going to be around after this month is over. Of course they use her a lot before she leaves. Ugh.

I really liked how we got so many interactions today. I've noticed this lately and I hope it continues. Salem almost feels like a community again.
Edited by KMan101, Jan 17 2013, 03:08 PM.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jan 17 2013, 01:33 PM
"She's sweet and she's good and she's honorable." - Nicole on Jennifer

Oh, come on! To hell with that! I didn't even detect Nicole's trademark sarcasm.
Oh come on now, TIIC really just want to make sure that we know without a doubt that Jennifer is perfect and always right, as is Daniel. And they are the perfectly perfect couple and that big mean Chloe is going to mess up the bestest most perfect love story EVER!! Why can't you see how perfect they are?? :eyeroll: :sarcasm:

concerned
Member Avatar

Dazefan4now
Jan 17 2013, 01:34 PM
Why does Kate even give a fig about Parker at this point?
Her new grandkid should be here soon .

concerned
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 17 2013, 01:42 PM
JessicaLeigh
Jan 17 2013, 01:33 PM
"She's sweet and she's good and she's honorable." - Nicole on Jennifer

Oh, come on! To hell with that! I didn't even detect Nicole's trademark sarcasm.
Oh for fuck's sake...they have Nicole propping Jennifer. :facepalm:
Aren't these the words that EJ said to Nicole in the park about Jennifer?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 02:26 PM
Why does everyone keep commenting on Brady's face? You can barely detect any visible sign of a bruise. Hell, I saw the fight, and it still took me a second to realize what Chloe was referring to when she mentioned Brady's face on Wednesday's episode.

What's next? "Oh, my God, Brady! What happened to your poor index finger? Is that -- [gasp!] -- a paper cut?!"
lol, the makeup team needs to make the bruise more prominent. I have to squint to see what they're talking about when the refer to Brady's face.

Will&Sonny

Okay, I got distracted, but now it's time to finish the episode.

That comment that Chloe made about Nicole being used and thrown away was harsh.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 17 2013, 02:26 PM
blueskies
Jan 17 2013, 01:43 PM
JessicaLeigh
Jan 17 2013, 01:41 PM
I hate to see two beautiful, resourceful women fight over an unworthy douchebag. Ugh. They should be giving each other support and positive reinforcement.
Or plotting how to off him.....
Cue Chicago's "Cell Block Tango"...
"And then he ran into my knife...he ran into my knife ten times"

Will&Sonny

Kristen, you own a tablet computer. You should write things on it so that there won't be any evidence left behind. Or, at the very least, burn the evidence instead of simply shredding it (and not with a shredder, but with your hands). I expect less amateurish actions from you.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 02:55 PM
"While you have your haloed head in the clouds, Chloe is going to be laying groundwork -- and that's not the only thing she'll be laying."

Nice one, Kate. Victor would approve.
LMAO! I spit out what I was drinking when I read that! I assume that Kate was talking to Saint Jennifer? I wasn't going to bother to watch my DVR of Days today, but I think I might just because of that line.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 03:42 PM
Kristen, you own a tablet computer. You should write things on it so that there won't be any evidence left behind. Or, at the very least, burn the evidence instead of simply shredding it (and not with a shredder, but with your hands). I expect less amateurish actions from you.
I love how she tore the note in the exact right spaces. Not one letter was torn in half or missing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply