Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 17 2013, 09:43 AM (5,388 Views)
Will&Sonny

JDeveraux_91
Jan 17 2013, 03:42 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 02:55 PM
"While you have your haloed head in the clouds, Chloe is going to be laying groundwork -- and that's not the only thing she'll be laying."

Nice one, Kate. Victor would approve.
LMAO! I spit out what I was drinking when I read that! I assume that Kate was talking to Saint Jennifer? I wasn't going to bother to watch my DVR of Days today, but I think I might just because of that line.
Yeah, it was said to Jennifer.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

Yet another meaningful nod to history with the "flesh-eating bacteria" line. I also liked Nicole and Chloe's heated conversation (not that Danny's worth an argument) because that's how it would have been in real life once a woman finds out that her best bud has been between the sheets with her ex.

Adding on that the lady in the hospital/Jenn's nemesis is spot on with her critcism. When does Jenn work?

Will&Sonny

They've been ending a lot of episodes with what is arguably the "wrong" scene lately, IMO. Off the top of my head, the wedding episode on Monday should have ended with Will and Lucas' conversation, and this episode should have ended with either John and Marlena's scene or Brady and Kristen's scene, but certainly not with Jennifer and Daniel's scene.

Will&Sonny

angie37
Jan 17 2013, 04:05 PM
Adding on that the lady in the hospital/Jenn's nemesis is spot on with her critcism. When does Jenn work?
I hate to defend Jennifer, but...while Anne's right, the same could be said about many of Salem's residents, so the complaint rings hollow to me.

concerned
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 04:12 PM
They've been ending a lot of episodes with what is arguably the "wrong" scene lately, IMO. Off the top of my head, the wedding episode on Monday should have ended with Will and Lucas' conversation, and this episode should have ended with either John and Marlena's scene or Brady and Kristen's scene, but certainly not with Jennifer and Daniel's scene.
I've been thinking along the same lines.

Although for me they should have had Nick and Gabi and ended up with Will and Sonny as that was the more poignant reminder of what had been lost.

Will&Sonny

concerned
Jan 17 2013, 04:17 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 04:12 PM
I've been thinking along the same lines.

Although for me they should have had Nick and Gabi and ended up with Will and Sonny as that was the more poignant reminder of what had been lost.
For Tuesday's episode? Yeah, I agree.

Wednesday's episode ended appropriately, though.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 17 2013, 04:29 PM.

angie37
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 04:14 PM
angie37
I hate to defend Jennifer, but...while Anne's right, the same could be said about many of Salem's residents, so the complaint rings hollow to me.
If we're getting technical, no one truly works in Salem, and that's a fact. That said, Anne is still right about Jennifer Rose because she's leaving every twenty minutes to find Daniel.

bomber
Member Avatar

Regarding "St Jennifer" I'm starting to think that the writers are just joining in the fun. They're laying it on to thick for it to be serious... At least I hope they're joking.

Will&Sonny

angie37
Jan 17 2013, 04:30 PM
Will&Sonny
angie37
If we're getting technical, no one truly works in Salem, and that's a fact. That said, Anne is still right about Jennifer Rose because she's leaving every twenty minutes to find Daniel.
Eh, I have to disagree with that. We see Sonny working quite often. We see Sami working quite often (as ridiculous as I think that it is that she's working for E.J., the fact remains that we do see her working quite often...for now, at least). Almost every single time that we see Caroline, she's working. Almost every single time that we see Eric, he's working -- hell, we rarely see him without his work uniform on. We've seen Chad working quite a few times recently, although that is a fairly new development -- I think that the writers completely forgot that Chad was Sonny's business partner for a while, but they seem to be rectifying that situation now.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

bomber
Jan 17 2013, 04:42 PM
Regarding "St Jennifer" I'm starting to think that the writers are just joining in the fun. They're laying it on to thick for it to be serious... At least I hope they're joking.
If only! They do the same thing with Daniel and he's done some beyond scum baggy things so I think it's directed as a correction for those of us who noticed her shitty treatment of Jack and Nicole. "She was a screaming banshee but only because those people DESERVED it, she's really sweet and wonderful, GOT IT???" :sarcasm:
Edited by BJ Deveraux, Jan 17 2013, 05:28 PM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 03:42 PM
Kristen, you own a tablet computer. You should write things on it so that there won't be any evidence left behind. Or, at the very least, burn the evidence instead of simply shredding it (and not with a shredder, but with your hands). I expect less amateurish actions from you.
I don't know what the big deal is.. she just wrote "I know what you are doing!"

Which is very innocent. Mar did came there to record a confession from Kristen to John.. so, why should this turn on her? She could just say the truth .. which was Mar came to try to break things up between her and Brady or say anything really. Mar is playing games with her. And its true... they are going to face a lot of this if they are to keep being with each other. They are going to do anything to split them up.. exactly all this Sami has been worried about if she would be to EJ. Its now happening with kristen and brady.. sure kristen has a agenda with this when she started out....
Edited by DayDreamer, Jan 17 2013, 05:48 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

"He made a mistake when he transplanted that organ, instead of an heart you needed a brain" HAHA!! I love Kate! :hail:

happy
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 02:11 PM
I'm kind of glad that the Day Aheads have ended. While I'm not going to try to claim that I didn't enjoy finding out about certain things a day early (I definitely did, although I will note that I never read anything in the Day Aheads that didn't involve Will and Sonny), I feel like the Day Aheads contributed to the sense of apathy and discontent that a lot of people seemed to feel for the show. I can't speak for those people, but that's how it seemed to me.

Now, people have to actually watch the show each day (or choose not to, of course) -- and they are forced to judge it based on what is actually happening on-screen, as opposed to a textual summary that can be misconstrued and doesn't provide the same emotional resonance. I also think that the play-by-play style of the recent discussion threads has been more fun to read and participate in.

All of that being said, I want to take a moment to thank everyone who provided Day Ahead summaries and/or YouTube clips. I'm not trying to diminish your contributions at all -- they were greatly appreciated. I'm simply looking forward to trying something different for a while, and I think that it will be a positive change for the show.
Speaking as one of those people, it was never the day ahead recaps that fueled my discontent and apathy. LOL.

I just can't make myself watch the show anymore. But I like popping in and reading the snark here. DOOL is lucky to have such loyal and passionate fans. Because on its own merits, the show doesn't deserve to be on the air. IMHO.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Other than on soaps, do people really care if someone has resorted to prostitution to pay the bills or just for the thrill of it? I'm sure Daniel will erupt in rage once he learns his son's mom was a hooker but it's a ridiculous reaction. Maybe it's a generational or regional stigma nowadays. I don't know. I guess I couldn't care less if someone had or is hooking. As such, Kate using Jennifer to expose Chloe's secret past seems so immature and antiquated to me. The fact that Kate is being so hypocritical about this sort of slut shaming is almost beyond the pale and I say this as someone who loves the character of Kate.

Harmony233

LonePirate
Jan 17 2013, 06:11 PM
Other than on soaps, do people really care if someone has resorted to prostitution to pay the bills or just for the thrill of it? I'm sure Daniel will erupt in rage once he learns his son's mom was a hooker but it's a ridiculous reaction. Maybe it's a generational or regional stigma nowadays. I don't know. I guess I couldn't care less if someone had or is hooking. As such, Kate using Jennifer to expose Chloe's secret past seems so immature and antiquated to me. The fact that Kate is being so hypocritical about this sort of slut shaming is almost beyond the pale and I say this as someone who loves the character of Kate.
IA and I felt the same back in the 90s when sami was blackmailing kate over being a hooker.I never understood why sai thought her kids would hate her ecspecially Austin.

Will&Sonny

LonePirate
Jan 17 2013, 06:11 PM
Kate using Jennifer to expose Chloe's secret past seems so immature and antiquated to me. The fact that Kate is being so hypocritical about this sort of slut shaming is almost beyond the pale and I say this as someone who loves the character of Kate.
To be fair, Kate did acknowledge her hypocrisy. She even had a pretty good argument -- as far as these things go, anyway -- for why Chloe's actions were worse.

I don't mind what Kate is doing, personally -- it's kind of like arguing that a convicted murderer is a danger to children while knowing perfectly well that you yourself once killed someone in self-defense. In the end, you and the other person each took a life, but your reasons for doing so were completely different. Right or wrong, in Kate's mind, that's basically how she's viewing the situation.

Of course, having the nerve to criticize someone for doing something that you forced them to do is another matter entirely, but that has nothing to do with hypocrisy.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hate what they're doing to John and Marlena. This is so contrived and stupid!

I was so invested in Jennifer and Kate's scenes today. Loved all of the history mentions.

And just when I thought Nicole and Chloe's friendship was over, they made up. It was nice while it lasted.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 04:46 PM
angie37
Jan 17 2013, 04:30 PM
Will&Sonny
angie37
Eh, I have to disagree with that. We see Sonny working quite often. We see Sami working quite often (as ridiculous as I think that it is that she's working for E.J., the fact remains that we do see her working quite often...for now, at least). Almost every single time that we see Caroline, she's working. Almost every single time that we see Eric, he's working -- hell, we rarely see him without his work uniform on. We've seen Chad working quite a few times recently, although that is a fairly new development -- I think that the writers completely forgot that Chad was Sonny's business partner for a while, but they seem to be rectifying that situation now.
I haven't seen Sami working in weeks.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I seriously don't understand when Josh Taylor speaks.

six
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
angie37
There are probably a bunch of off screen Salemites who are just as pissed about this as Anne is. :) I thought it was a nice nod to the complaints about that.

The Marlena/Kristen scenes wee great. It's nice that Marlena's plan failed not because of some contrived problem, but because Kristen was smart enough to see through that stupid plan. There's nothing suspicious about Marlena showing up out of the blue and asking Kristen recount her schemes. :rolleyes:

Much as I love Danloe, I wish Chloe wasn't still so stuck on Daniel. She's been gone two years, and she had no issue with Dannifer when she left, so her determination is a bit much. I did enjoy her and Nicole having it out though, and watching her scheme will be fun.

I was waiting for Jen to ask why Kate didn't go talk to fan on her own.

Oh, did Roman just have that one scene?
Edited by six, Jan 17 2013, 08:03 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply