Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Todd, John and Starr OUT at GH! Will They Return?
Topic Started: Jan 17 2013, 02:20 PM (2,638 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Look for the characters of John McBain (Michael Easton), Todd (Roger Howarth) and Starr Manning (Kristen Alderson) to at least temporarily exit General Hospital some time in the near future, according to sources. Per the agreement ABC Daytime made when they originally brought on the three One Life to Live characters, GH has to stop using Todd and Co. now that Prospect Park's The Online Network is prepping to relaunch OLTL.
Prospect Park—which licensed OLTL and All My Children following their cancellations by ABC—wants to use the three character to help relaunch OLTL on the web and via other digital and cable platforms. However, PP might not want them for the long haul.

"Prospect Park realizes these three characters could initially help draw fans to the new One Life," explains a source. "There are ongoing talks between ABC and Prospect Park about the characters returning to General Hospital at some point, which could be fine with [Prospect Park] as they eventually want to go much younger with their soaps."

While Easton, Howarth and Alderson are said to be less than enthused with the "prospects" of leaving their day jobs, there's speculation that ABC—to whom they are under contract—could ask them to appear on OLTL in a show of good faith.

"There's no guarantee the actors will do it," says one mole, "but people high up on the Disney-ABC food chain want to see these shows succeed online. The network might ask them to do it as a favor."

Expect the fictional Llanview Three to air on GH at least through February Sweeps.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/01/17/todd-john-and-starr-out-at-general-hospital-will-they-return

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

if it true and i am official done with gh with no john on gh... So oh well...

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

And I hope they stay out. BYE!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Just when I am liking Starr and Michael.

lilkatie24

WOW! I can't believe PP actually had the guts to say "Stop playing with my toys" because in the end PP did pay for those characters.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Didn't like Starr and John on oltl not going to shed any tears if they leave. Stay gone!
I like Todd but He belongs on OLTL that way he can reunite with Blair. Tarly makes me sick.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Anyone catch this:

"Prospect Park realizes these three characters could initially help draw fans to the new One Life," explains a source. "There are ongoing talks between ABC and Prospect Park about the characters returning to General Hospital at some point, which could be fine with [Prospect Park] as they eventually want to go much younger with their soaps."

So are they using the vets to get interest before tossing them out?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

KMan101
Jan 17 2013, 02:59 PM
Anyone catch this:

I read that and it made me loose a lot of interest in whatever they are trying to put together.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jan 17 2013, 03:10 PM
KMan101
Jan 17 2013, 02:59 PM
Anyone catch this:

I read that and it made me loose a lot of interest in whatever they are trying to put together.
Yeah, my heart definitely sank a little bit with that. I think if they use the vets in a supporting way while not glorified wall-paper and still give them substantial material, I mean, I agree the show needs to develop new young blood (they had a decent start but tossed everyone who was different) but it just has me much more cautious.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

This is me pushing Kristen Alderson off the set of GH

Posted Image

LPS
Member Avatar

Thank goodness they got rid of Starr. Sorry, but that character was bringing the show down. John McBain did nothing for me.

I was okay with Todd staying. Hopefully, he reunites with Blair.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Eric83
Jan 17 2013, 03:57 PM

Posted Image
You look good in a dress Eric.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

GTFO Starr and never come back!

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

Eric83
Jan 17 2013, 03:57 PM

Posted Image
LMAO really LOLing right now! So fucken true! Liked her on OLTL, but not on GH at all.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I hope Starr leaves for good!

cscarly

I don't believe this story at all yes they can do this to Kristine
Me but not to roger only thing do with roger not let gh use
Todd name . Roger never sign with pp didn't plan on it either

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This is a pretty brutal blow to GH honestly. Two of the female leads are paired with these guys. while McBam has been slow developing Todd and carly are pretty great. I think this will hurt gh a lot more than it helps OLTL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Again, I praise Carlivati for the way he handled Starr, Todd and John coming to GH. I think they fit in rather well. I'm enjoying Howarth as Todd on GH way more than I did when he returned to OLTL. But that could've just been the Trevor St. John fan in me, I'll admit. I really liked the Michael and Starr pairing, which I didn't think I would. And there's something about John and Sam together I like.

It does suck for GH since they've invested a lot in these characters since bringing them on. There will have to be a void left on the show when they're no longer there. I do have faith in Carlivati that he'll be able to handle what happens next. But once Carlivati's stories start getting fucked with, that's when flaws begin to show. It was the result of Frons' interference back in the OLTL days, and I fear losing three big characters will prove disastrous as well.

bygnedys

It doesn't sound like they will be gone long.

If they use G.H. as the way to get it started, then there will be a lot of OLTL on the show with the three of them.

Tammy
Member Avatar

What is the point of taking these characters away from GH, if the actors won't do OLTL? That is just pointless! Maybe they can get them to agree to do a few shows of OLTL once in awhile.

This confuses me though... isn't OLTL still ABC's show? I know PP is making the show but don't they only have like limited rights to OLTL? I don't get how this works really lol.
Edited by Tammy, Jan 17 2013, 10:42 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply