Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Todd, John and Starr OUT at GH! Will They Return?
Topic Started: Jan 17 2013, 02:20 PM (2,610 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Tammy
Jan 17 2013, 10:42 PM
What is the point of taking these characters away from GH, if the actors won't do OLTL? That is just pointless! Maybe they can get them to agree to do a few shows of OLTL once in awhile.

This confuses me though... isn't OLTL still ABC's show? I know PP is making the show but don't they only have like limited rights to OLTL? I don't get how this works really lol.
It's the characters they want. Roger, Kristen & Michael can technically all reject going to OLTL, but PP has the rights to the characters.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I get why PP wants the characters. But the actors actually have contracts with ABC. So thy could probably refuse to go which would mean them essentially quitting their jobs. So I do wonder if it might be a short term situation to get OLTL. Because without the actors in the roles would PP get the benefit they are hoping for?

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I really don't know why PP wants John McBain. He is not essential and is so boring. He can stay off nuOLTL.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I don't blame these actors for being less than thrilled to lose their day jobs. I hope the OLTL/AMC relaunches do well, but I've gotten used to the characters on GH and it will be an adjustment for me to have them suddenly gone. I enjoyed the budding Carly/Todd friendship but after seeing the heat between A.J. and Carly this week I'm kind of wondering where they go with that. It seems like they've been chem testing A.J. with a lot of people and the heat between SK and LW was palpable.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Eric83
Jan 17 2013, 03:57 PM
This is me pushing Kristen Alderson off the set of GH

Posted Image
This made me lol although I strongly disagree. The character of Starr and KA's acting have never been particularly offensive to me. She works well with Michael. I'm disappointed for KA and her family who relocated to LA.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

darraholic
Jan 17 2013, 10:46 PM
Tammy
What is the point of taking these characters away from GH, if the actors won't do OLTL? That is just pointless! Maybe they can get them to agree to do a few shows of OLTL once in awhile.

This confuses me though... isn't OLTL still ABC's show? I know PP is making the show but don't they only have like limited rights to OLTL? I don't get how this works really lol.
It's the characters they want. Roger, Kristen & Michael can technically all reject going to OLTL, but PP has the rights to the characters.
Star can totally be recast and no one gives a shit about McBain. But recasting Todd only worked under a very special set of circumstances and there's no way anyone will successfully be able to do that again, and definitely not at an online soap's pay grade.

So stealing Todd from GH only to never see him again anywhere serves no one's interests. It definitely doesn't win back any good will for already screwing fans over with the false start last year.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Eric83
Jan 18 2013, 12:09 AM
I really don't know why PP wants John McBain. He is not essential and is so boring. He can stay off nuOLTL.
Especially when we havent heard a thing about Melissa Archer. If she's not in he becomes even more pointless.

Easton has the benefit of having played Port Charles dwelling twins though. He'll be on GH one way or another.
Edited by Drew, Jan 18 2013, 06:41 AM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Tammy

This is exactly what's been going through my head.

Yes, One Life to Live will be getting the characters of Todd, John and Starr.

But that doesn't mean we have seen the end of Roger Howarth, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson on General Hospital.

This behind-the-scenes cliff-hanger drama is far more compelling and worthy of an Emmy nomination than any storyline on our soaps right now.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

John McBain can go far away from GH! He was okay on OLTL, but I do not like him on GH at all. Todd is good for comic relief and I don't mind Starr being around. I mean, I don't love the character of Starr by any means, but she doesn't bug me in the way that boring, smug McBain does.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

:shrug: If John, Todd & Starr all end up on ONE LIFE with new actors in the roles, it would be beyond stupid to have the actors all on GH in new roles after they've been on contract with GH in their OLTL roles. That's why to this day DAYS still aggravates me that that they cast Josh Taylor(ex-Chris) as Roman, and Judi Evans (now back as Adrienne) once as Bonnie Lockhart, and Wayne Northrop(ex-Roman) as Alex North. This is GH not DAYS for heavens sake! :wave:
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Jan 18 2013, 07:54 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Starr needs to be replaced by a stronger, compelling, and more appealing actress.

smuldy

Between this and Johnny Z Quatermain I am officially out unless they don't make Howarth leave the show. Next up JJ ruins Star Wars with GL and KK forcing a female action hero down out throats. Ugh, can I move to Soviet Russia already? At least Eisenstein could drive a narrative that idiots and intellectuals alike could handle.

KMan101
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 19 2013, 06:33 AM
Starr needs to be replaced by a stronger, compelling, and more appealing actress.
Sorry you didn't like that Mitch, lol. I always liked Kristen Alderson as a kid. I thought Starr was hilarious. I'm just ... :shrug: at how Starr turned out and was written. Alderson also doesn't make Starr all that sympathetic. I only love her with RH.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply