Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick battles Will; airs week of Jan 21
Topic Started: Jan 17 2013, 03:07 PM (5,076 Views)
Ellie

This week's Soap Opera Digest features an article about Nick and Will.

EJ offers to help Will fight for custody, but Will isn't sure what to do. Nick meets with Justin to try to get Will declared an unfit father. Nick thinks he'd be a better father, plus he wants to cement his relationship with Gabi.

Nick then pressures Gabi to have a quick legal wedding just so they can be married.

Meanwhile, Gabi is having a sonogram. Nick knows this and tries to prevent Will from finding out, but it doesn't work...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

It's a boy!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Nick,no matter what,the baby is NOT YOURS.

UltimateScami

Nick is pitiful and desperate!

WillFan
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 17 2013, 03:11 PM
It's a boy!
How do you know it is a boy?

Ljay
Member Avatar

Does Nick know that Justin is Sonnys Dad? And Sonny is Will's BOYFRIEND. Someone stop this dumbass for he really messes up!

So glad that Nick didnt keep Will from the sonogram! Im on Wills side. Nick needs to locked up in a padded room if he thinks Will is gonna stand back and let him raise this kid! (Or at least Id think so!)

elizhope
Member Avatar

I havent been paying all that close attention lately, but have they given us any reason Nick is so obsessed with WIll/Gabi's baby? Why does he want to be the father so badly and push Will out of the way? Its kinda weird the lengths he is going to....

elci525
Member Avatar

Nick's very intense control issues are just exploding all over the place. And to watch Gabi just think that control and obsessive focus is tantamount to love is disappointing - poor girl. For all the pushing-over Will sort of withstood during the genesis of this plan, now that he has the support of his family behind him, and now that the secret is out anyway, I hope he puts up a very formidable fight. As I am sure he will. This is the one time I wouldn't mind Kate psycho meddling at all =)

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Team Will!

AFaithL

WillFan
Jan 17 2013, 03:26 PM
AFaithL
It's a boy!
How do you know it is a boy?
Wild guess...

Ljay
Member Avatar

elizhope
Jan 17 2013, 03:36 PM
I havent been paying all that close attention lately, but have they given us any reason Nick is so obsessed with WIll/Gabi's baby? Why does he want to be the father so badly and push Will out of the way? Its kinda weird the lengths he is going to....

I swear I honestly think the man is gay himself (Nick). Hes in a rush to find a woman, lay her, just by chance shes shes knocked up and then hes all about a wedding?! HUH?! He protests too much. Its like hes scurrying around tryin to hide something.

God, I hope Ive not said too much..
Edited by Ljay, Jan 17 2013, 03:53 PM.

Paul8148

Phillip or Melanie needs to come back and tell the court how nuts Nick is

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I don't understand why Nick is obsess with Keeping Will away from his child. What a creep, I wouldn't wish him on anybody but Gabi.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

AFaithL
It's a boy!
I have a feeling it's a girl. Not sure why. The last two babies born on-screen have been boys (Nicole's stillborn son and Chloe's son), so they should mix it up.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Casey
Jan 17 2013, 03:59 PM
AFaithL
It's a boy!
I have a feeling it's a girl. Not sure why. The last two babies born on-screen have been boys (Nicole's stillborn son and Chloe's son), so they should mix it up.
I actually don't think it's a girl.....I'm thinking it'll be a boy so that it can carry the Horton name forward, not that I believe Days will be around for decades anymore but at the very least it's a way for the show to carry that name.....

Harmony233

LuvingLumi
Jan 17 2013, 04:01 PM
Casey
Jan 17 2013, 03:59 PM
AFaithL
It's a boy!
I actually don't think it's a girl.....I'm thinking it'll be a boy so that it can carry the Horton name forward, not that I believe Days will be around for decades anymore but at the very least it's a way for the show to carry that name.....
IA I see it being a boy to carry on the horton name and unless lucas has a long lost son out there wil is there last chance whos onscreen lol
Edited by Harmony233, Jan 17 2013, 04:06 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I know it's a soap, but Nick seems unhinged. If he marries Gabi, he'll be the stepfather and they'll all have to work things out. If he really loved Gabi, he'd want her less stressed during the pregnancy.

All three parties, Gabi, Nick and Will have done very bad things. It's a wash.

Will's non binding, non legal promise made without much time and without counseling doesn't count. He has every right to claim his parental rights. And once again, if Will isn't ready for fatherhood and Nick wasn't crazy, open adoption would be a fine option that gave Gabi's husband parental rights and Will visitation and the security of knowing his child will know who he is.

As for Justin, I'm pretty sure that he's in the story because there's only two lawyers in town and EJ is representing Will. As much as I hate to see Justin representing Nick for Sonny's sake, yeah for Justin screentime.

esp13
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Jan 17 2013, 03:55 PM
I don't understand why Nick is obsess with Keeping Will away from his child. What a creep, I wouldn't wish him on anybody but Gabi.
I don't know either and, right now, it's the one major missing link in this story. I'm hoping that they fill in this gap because if they do, then this story definitely becomes the best written one in a long while. If they give Nick a compelling reason for this (not one I have to agree with, just one I can understand), then the layers and complexity can remain and continue to make this a compelling story.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Okay, a few things here.

1. Justin is Sonny's FATHER. That means he's probably going to try to protect his son by protecting his son's boyfriend. Well, if this is real Justin and not TomSell Justin pod-person.

2. Will is still Nick's cousin, correct? Why doesn't a matriarch step in, have a nice little talk with them, and let this story line move on? Hell, have Bill come in and tell them how it sucks to have your family member claim your baby as his own. Have Austin and Lucas tell them what a mistake it is. Both totally different situations, but still SO EASY. I swear they forget that these two are both Hortons, but they don't forget to remind us about Daniel's connections....

3. On what grounds would Nick have Will be an unfit father? "Oh, he's got a lot of baggage, might have done something his dad covered up, and he's gay!".....says the man who just spent more than his given sentence in prison for stalking, kidnapping, drug abuse, and killing.

Edited by Spencer Hastings, Jan 17 2013, 04:43 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 17 2013, 04:11 PM
EJ_SamiFF
Jan 17 2013, 03:55 PM
I don't know either and, right now, it's the one major missing link in this story. I'm hoping that they fill in this gap because if they do, then this story definitely becomes the best written one in a long while. If they give Nick a compelling reason for this (not one I have to agree with, just one I can understand), then the layers and complexity can remain and continue to make this a compelling story.
Agreed. And unfortunately for the NickGeek fan in me, I think the best angle to play up is Nick's homophobia. It would make sense for somebody that thinks being gay is wrong would to also be fearful of the influence of a gay person on a child. I hate it for Nick, but it would make a lot of sense.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply