Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick battles Will; airs week of Jan 21
Topic Started: Jan 17 2013, 03:07 PM (5,045 Views)
Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I miss the "old" Nick, but I do have to say that I enjoy BB's portrayal of Nick since he's been back!

#TeamWill
Edited by Oak Alley, Jan 17 2013, 06:35 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

didnt nicks mother have split personalties

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Team Justin! Just for getting some airtime.

Also team unborn child-that poor kid is going to need therapy after he or she is born with those three losers fighting over he or she. I wish Sonny could just raise the damn child.
Edited by Mirage75, Jan 17 2013, 06:44 PM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Isn't there a spoiler for next week (week of 1/21) where Justin and Adrienne have different opinions about the Will and Sonny relationship. I know Sami and Adrienne fight about their sons which leads me to believe that Adrienne is not in favor of them dating any longer. That in turn makes me think Justin has no problems with them dating which makes it even stranger that he would offer legal advice or take Nick and Gabi's case. I'm more than willing to see how this plays out on screen simply because Justin is given something to do, even if it is preposterous.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Love it. I think Will and Nick are my favorite screen pair right now.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 17 2013, 05:33 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 05:17 PM
Honeybees, you and I are almost always on the same exact page. We need our own "long-lost twin" storyline.
Indeed! And I do think homophobia is a secondary concern, because Nick didn't seem to have any interest in claiming the baby when he thought it was Chad's - only when the "gay boy" turned out to be the father. So, it's a win-win for Nick.

And I want to again say how much I love BB's performance. It's very clear to many people that Nick is controlling and sinister, yet Nick hasn't done much more than aggressively push his agenda, manipulate and make some medium grade homophobic remarks (not including his outright declaration of homophobia). But still, Nick is creeping me and lots of viewers out, and that's all due to the many layers in Blake's performance.

And I think Nick - like the best villains - thinks he's the hero in the story.

So are you guys thinking Nick wants the girl and the baby is an added bonus?
Edited by Ljay, Jan 17 2013, 06:47 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Ljay
Jan 17 2013, 06:46 PM
Honeybees
Jan 17 2013, 05:33 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 05:17 PM
Honeybees, you and I are almost always on the same exact page. We need our own "long-lost twin" storyline.
Indeed! And I do think homophobia is a secondary concern, because Nick didn't seem to have any interest in claiming the baby when he thought it was Chad's - only when the "gay boy" turned out to be the father. So, it's a win-win for Nick.

And I want to again say how much I love BB's performance. It's very clear to many people that Nick is controlling and sinister, yet Nick hasn't done much more than aggressively push his agenda, manipulate and make some medium grade homophobic remarks (not including his outright declaration of homophobia). But still, Nick is creeping me and lots of viewers out, and that's all due to the many layers in Blake's performance.

And I think Nick - like the best villains - thinks he's the hero in the story.

So are you guys thinking Nick wants the girl and the baby is an added bonus?
I think Nick wants Gabi and wants to make a perfect family with her, and the baby is his vehicle for doing it. But he wants to be in control of every aspect of the family to the point of creepiness. That means Will can not be a part of the picture, especially given his sexuality since Nick doesn't approve.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

They really brought Nick back to perform another hatchet job on the character. I don't get it at all...Nick used to be so intelligent. Why would he go to JUSTIN? Sonny's dad? Sonny would hate Justin if he even considered helping Nick with this, regardless of how mad he might be at Will. I'm happy to see Justin's name, but with this show every time you get a glimmer of good news there's the inevitable stupid story that goes along with it.

The EJ/Will part has me very excited though. They need to pick up where they left off. There's plenty of good story there and Will doesn't have to be EJ's errand boy, although I was a fan of all of that interaction.

Will&Sonny

Harmony233
Jan 17 2013, 06:35 PM
Yes, Jessica had two alternate personalities, Angel and Angelique.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cord08

Now that I think about it, Justin probably tells Nick that there isn't much chance of Will being declared unfit leading Nick to blackmail/intimidate Will with the EJ shooting.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Everytime I read about Will in a story like this I just think of all the possibilities because of his lineage. At this point he'd have a dream team to battle Nick, with EJ, Sami, Lucas, and Kate- all champion schemers- on his team. And Will is no slouch himself.

So I'm curious to see how this unfolds solely because of that- there's a lot of potential for fun.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

px780
Jan 17 2013, 07:33 PM
Everytime I read about Will in a story like this I just think of all the possibilities because of his lineage. At this point he'd have a dream team to battle Nick, with EJ, Sami, Lucas, and Kate- all champion schemers- on his team. And Will is no slouch himself.

So I'm curious to see how this unfolds solely because of that- there's a lot of potential for fun.
Not only that but once Will and Sonny reconcile, that opens the door for Victor and the rest of the Kiriakis clan to join the scheming or revenge plan or whatever they want to do. Of course Victor would have to keep his involvement a secret from Maggie, but so what? They need some tension. Also, with Chad and EJ on Will's side, they could convince Kristen and Stefano to assist if necessary. Could you imagine the entire DiMera and Kiriakis families banding together to fight against the hapless Hernandez duo and Nick? In a perfect world, that baby would be in Will's hands immediately after it was born while Gabi would mysteriously disappear never to be seen again.
Edited by LonePirate, Jan 17 2013, 07:51 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

px780
Jan 17 2013, 07:33 PM

Oh totally! That is what make this storyline so exciting (minus the EJ involvement for me, but ok, whatever - won't harp on that) and is the reason why I think so many of us are feeling like the entire canvas is FINALLY getting integrated into stories. It involves so many characters doing what they do best, so that we aren't inundated with isolated story clusterfucks anymore (or not as much). And it's a storyline that can call and rely on Days history, which is always a nice thing (and it doesn't hurt that I happen to love that history so very much). Integration within current characters and continuity within the history of the show. Loving it!!
Edited by elci525, Jan 17 2013, 07:49 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

They all seem too young to be tied down with a baby.

King
Member Avatar

I love this storyline!

It was a great wedding that left everyone's lives in shambles. I love it.

MericP
Member Avatar

They haven't given me reason to root for Will.

#TeamNick

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

BalscoFan5
Jan 17 2013, 03:22 PM
Nick,no matter what,the baby is NOT YOURS.
I agree with you, it not nick's baby, Will is, if Will want to be there and he has right to be.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Somehow I am not so interested in the will vs. nick... :/

Pookie
Member Avatar

Ljay
Jan 17 2013, 03:50 PM
elizhope
Jan 17 2013, 03:36 PM
I havent been paying all that close attention lately, but have they given us any reason Nick is so obsessed with WIll/Gabi's baby? Why does he want to be the father so badly and push Will out of the way? Its kinda weird the lengths he is going to....

I swear I honestly think the man is gay himself (Nick). Hes in a rush to find a woman, lay her, just by chance shes shes knocked up and then hes all about a wedding?! HUH?! He protests too much. Its like hes scurrying around tryin to hide something.

God, I hope Ive not said too much..
God let this be true. I would laugh hysterically. Gabi, clueless as ever.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 17 2013, 07:18 PM
Harmony233
Jan 17 2013, 06:35 PM
Yes, Jessica had two alternate personalities, Angel and Angelique.
Wow, if that's true, then Nick going crazy isn't that much of a stretch. Add in his past behavior, I just don't get why some are upset that Nick is being portrayed this way. Seems consistent to me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply