Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Following
Topic Started: Jan 17 2013, 09:07 PM (1,245 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Kevin Bacon's show set to premiere Jan.21 on FOX.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

i just watch tonight and I like it, and will stick it to watch it.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Incredible pilot. I was hooked in the first 10 minutes. This show is totally frightening and will fill the void left when American Horror Story ends this week.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Just watched. REALLY liked it!

Manny
Member Avatar

Loved the premiere! It's really dark and made me jump a bit a few times. I like the twists, they really made me go "Wow, didn't see that coming!"

I just don't really like Bacon. Never have, never will. But I guess I can tolerate him here.

And I am happy that Natalie Zea is here! :D

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

cannot wait tos ee what happen tonight........

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

This show took me by surprise for real, Emma and the two Faux Gay guys Wow! I really did think it would be serial type shit that moved at a slow pace...BOY was I wrong.

Here is the link with The Following Spoiler Guide also has promos of the show as well.

bigmama56
Member Avatar

Hi, all :) This show is off the chain!!! I love Kevin Bacon and he is good in this. Twists/turns galore and downright scary as hell. What makes it so frightening to me is that you cannot trust ANYONE--or at least I wouldn't!! :lol: K. Bacon is playing a good guy in this but he can play a deliciously wicked bad guy, too.

cajnej
Member Avatar

Loved the show. I like how it is different and love Kevin Bacon in the lead especially as his character seems flawed and interesting and not the stero-typical "hero"

Daytime
Member Avatar

Just finished the last three episode.. I have no words.. This show is so freakin twisted.. I can't even explain it. I thought AHS was BSC..This show is sort of beyond BSC... The fact that this happens in real life is what makes it pop. There are lots of loons who worship serial killers and try to emulate them. This just reinforce the horrors in this world.. Its seriously scary!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Love this show. It's my favorite of all the new shows that have premiered. Loving Kevin Bacon and I'm really enjoyed the triangle between the 3 cult members/killers. That kiss was pretty hot between the two guys and a big surprise. This show just terrifies me.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I like this show but I find it a tad cheesy and hard to believe. The idea of there being a massive network of serial killers working together in a cult formed by a man who's been locked up for almost 10 years is a difficult concept to buy into -- especially when you look at the intricacy of the plot and everything that's going on. The individual scenarios are believable, but everything together is kind of implausible and takes me out of the show a bit.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

bigmama56
Feb 5 2013, 03:39 AM
Hi, all :) This show is off the chain!!! I love Kevin Bacon and he is good in this. Twists/turns galore and downright scary as hell. What makes it so frightening to me is that you cannot trust ANYONE--or at least I wouldn't!! :lol: K. Bacon is playing a good guy in this but he can play a deliciously wicked bad guy, too.

Hello and Welcome! Everything you said is spot on, I thought for sure it would falter because regular prime-time can be so limit from what Cable is able to produce but WOW I'm glued.

Kenny
Feb 7 2013, 03:45 PM
I like this show but I find it a tad cheesy and hard to believe. The idea of there being a massive network of serial killers working together in a cult formed by a man who's been locked up for almost 10 years is a difficult concept to buy into -- especially when you look at the intricacy of the plot and everything that's going on. The individual scenarios are believable, but everything together is kind of implausible and takes me out of the show a bit.

I kinda see what your saying there however when I think of what a real life David Koresh did in the 90's having this concept of the Following in this day age seems realistic because the forms of communication has changed and weirdos link through social hosting sites for the twisted fetishes.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I love this show. Favorite new show this year.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I'm not sure how I feel about this show yet but I'll keep checking it out.

It's an interesting premise but I don't know how it could sustain itself over multiple seasons. It would have been a good storyline for a season on a The Killing-esq show. I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe its the actor, but I don't see this charismatic charm that would inspire all of these people to stab themselves, pretend to be gay for 3 years, abduct his child, etc, just to fulfill his vision. If he was so awe inspiring, why was his wife sleeping around?

Annie Parise is a serious upgrade to whatever that mess was in the pilot though!
Edited by Drew, Feb 11 2013, 03:27 PM.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Each episode seems less impressive than the last. The most interesting parts of the show is the gay couple, Annie Parisse's character (I think she is part of the cult) and Joe himself. So naturally the show feels the need to focus on randoms every week like Maggie...

Anyway, still much better than most crap on network TV

cajnej
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 11 2013, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this show yet but I'll keep checking it out.

It's an interesting premise but I don't know how it could sustain itself over multiple seasons. It would have been a good storyline for a season on a The Killing-esq show. I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe its the actor, but I don't see this charismatic charm that would inspire all of these people to stab themselves, pretend to be gay for 3 years, abduct his child, etc, just to fulfill his vision. If he was so awe inspiring, why was his wife sleeping around?

Annie Parise is a serious upgrade to whatever that mess was in the pilot though!

I agree about Annie Parise who is a very busy lady also playing a character on Person of Interest. I find The Following compelling.
Edited by cajnej, Feb 17 2013, 03:58 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Tonight's episode jumped the shark for me. This show went from being hard to believe to downright ridiculous in just 6 episodes. Are we really to believe that every single person who has anything to do with anything is a follower of Joe Carroll? The cops, the FBI, the CIA, everyone? That's just too much for me to buy into.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I stopped watching 10 minutes in. How many followers could Joe have recruited in prison? Thats a shitload of emailing and grooming! Seems he met them too so prison cctv footage should exist or did I miss something? Anyway, this is boring now - the writers spent all this time building up a mythology only to back-door the show into a procedural with the weekly follower each week - zzzzzzzzzzz.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I agree, the last episode totally jumped the shark. The good thing was that the hot gay guy didn't die. I don't see this show lasting more than 1 season. Which is sad, because it had so much potential.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · FOX Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply