Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 18 2013, 12:48 PM (7,065 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

I do not believe John has read Kafka.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Kafka? Schadenfreude? LOL, I think you are getting too fancy-schmancy for the likes of these Salemites, Doc.
Edited by elci525, Jan 18 2013, 01:22 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cord08

"Underneath that Glinda the Good Witch lies a tiger." LOL, Nicole about Jen.

cord08

JessicaLeigh
Jan 18 2013, 01:21 PM
All parties officially need to STFU about the abortion that never happened. Get that? NEVER HAPPENED, SAMI (and anyone else who may decide to bring it up going forward). They don't have to justify themselves to you, particularly with regard to something that never came to pass. It's disturbing to me the way Rafe and Sami keep badgering Gabi and Will with questions and laying a guilt trip on them about it, even though, again, for greater emphasis, IT NEVER HAPPENED.
I agree. At least Will said it was what she wanted, though.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jan 18 2013, 01:21 PM
All parties officially need to STFU about the abortion that never happened. Get that? NEVER HAPPENED, SAMI (and anyone else who may decide to bring it up going forward). They don't have to justify themselves to you, particularly with regard to something that never came to pass. It's disturbing to me the way Rafe and Sami keep badgering Gabi and Will with questions and laying a guilt trip on them about it, even though, again, for greater emphasis, IT NEVER HAPPENED.
And even if it had happened, it wouldn't be Rafe and Sami's fucking business. If they want Will and Gabi to act as adults, then they need to respect their adult, legal choices.

And if either one of them wanted to give the child up for adoption because they feel they are not in a position to parent properly, that is an act of love, not turning one's back on the child. Will went about it in a 100% wrong way, but giving a child up for adoption is not weak, cowardly or morally wrong.

Will seems to want his child in his life, and yes, he should be encourages to step up if that is what he wants. But the choices are his and Gabi's to make together.

cord08

Eric: "You know what I wish? I wish that Marlena was here right now."
Kristen: "Ok, that's kinda weird."

LOL.

ETA: Whoops! I meant to say Brady, not Eric. I guess I was thinking about the actor's name.
Edited by cord08, Jan 18 2013, 02:37 PM.

cord08

Will is acting so weird about all of this. I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but Sami is kinda right.
Edited by cord08, Jan 18 2013, 01:31 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:20 PM
"I don't understand why you're being so passive about it." Thank you, Sami! I don't get Will's passivity either.
Me either

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Oh god,Kritter and Brady are making me nautious,AGAIN,the writer's give them the corniest lines.

Sami,maybe Will didn't tell you because you somehow always manage to make every situation all about YOURSELF.

elci525
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:30 PM
Will is acting so weird about all of this. I can hardly believe I'm say this, but Sami is kinda right.
I have to say I kindaaaaa agree. I don't agree with Sami berating Will over the abortion, taking Gabi to the clinic. That was their decision together and should be respected, if disagreed with. But I think what Sami is saying to Will, about lies, about the fact that he has a huge support system in place, that he should or could have relied on them, is right. I understand his POV that entrusting his mother with anything usually leads to disaster. But, I dunno, hearing Sami speak, I thought she was being genuine actually, and reassuring her son that he did not have to go through this alone. Will is veering towards that familiar jerky territory that has made me dislike him at all. I mean, whatever, his prerogative. But his attitude is bothering me a little again.

esp13
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
cord08
"I don't understand why you're being so passive about it." Thank you, Sami! I don't get Will's passivity either.
Me either
Because God forbid he be a little ambivalent about the idea of being a father right now or a little uncertain about what he really wants and what this means.

I love that Will is being passive, that he's uncertain, that he's maybe even a little scared. I want him to be conflicted between not wanting the responsibility of fatherhood at this point in his life, yet not being able to deal with idea of never really knowing his own child. It's real and is complicated and it's not necessarily pretty. It's exactly the way he's been acting all along and it's consistent.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Seeing Anne brightens my day. She's a fantastic actress, and her character hates Jennifer. It's always full of win.

cord08

elci525
Jan 18 2013, 01:34 PM
cord08
Will is acting so weird about all of this. I can hardly believe I'm say this, but Sami is kinda right.
I have to say I kindaaaaa agree. I don't agree with Sami berating Will over the abortion, taking Gabi to the clinic. That was their decision together and should be respected, if disagreed with. But I think what Sami is saying to Will, about lies, about the fact that he has a huge support system in place, that he should or could have relied on them, is right. I understand his POV that entrusting his mother with anything usually leads to disaster. But, I dunno, hearing Sami speak, I thought she was being genuine actually, and reassuring her son that he did not have to go through this alone. Will is veering towards that familiar jerky territory that has made me dislike him at all. I mean, whatever, his prerogative. But his attitude is bothering me a little again.
Yeah, I should have been more specific. I wasn't talking about the abortion part. I was referring to the other stuff she was saying.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Marlena was NEVER insecure about John and Kristen in the past,why are the writer's making her that way now,more character assassination.

John,stop putting word's in Marlena's mouth and LET HER TALK.

elci525
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:37 PM
elci525
Jan 18 2013, 01:34 PM
cord08
Yeah, I should have been more specific. I wasn't talking about the abortion part. I was referring to the other stuff she was saying.
Oh no, I didn't think you meant the abortion part. I was just saying that to state my opinion. Because there I thought Sami was out of line.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:28 PM
Eric: "You know what I wish? I wish that Marlena was here right now."
Kristen: "Ok, that's kinda weird."

LOL.
Grr, I totally missed that part. When did Kristen run into Eric?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

esp13
Jan 18 2013, 01:35 PM
Miss Rhi
cord08
Me either
Because God forbid he be a little ambivalent about the idea of being a father right now or a little uncertain about what he really wants and what this means.
It's not so much that for me, it's that his eyes seem like they are glazed over and he's not really there.

This probably doesn't make sense to anyone else. It would be interesting if there was angle we haven't seen yet and that would be him being on pills of some kind to cope.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Really glad Chloe told Daniel the truth about her past as a prostitute before anyone else could. Stay ahead of the curve, Chloe. I don't like the object of her pursuit but I admire her savvy in pursuing him so far. Chloe hasn't always been the strongest character - she definitely hasn't always been a take-no-prisoners schemer like Kate, Nicole, Kristen or Sami (once upon a time) - so I am enjoying the steel in her spine right now.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 18 2013, 01:35 PM
Miss Rhi
cord08
Me either

I love that Will is being passive, that he's uncertain, that he's maybe even a little scared. I want him to be conflicted between not wanting the responsibility of fatherhood at this point in his life, yet not being able to deal with idea of never really knowing his own child. It's real and is complicated and it's not necessarily pretty. It's exactly the way he's been acting all along and it's consistent.
Yes! It's complicated and messy and difficult, and he wants to do the right thing. Unlike many people in Salem, he seems to comprehend that a baby is a person as opposed to a prop in a happy family narrative.

Although, I do wish Will had reached out to someone.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Still loving Ericole.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply