Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 18 2013, 12:48 PM (7,083 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Sami,Will is a grown up,let him make his own mistake's,if he is anything like you,he'll make plenty.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cord08

Will says it isn't about Sami...but he's kind of making it partially about her by using his broken childhood as part of the reasoning for his decision.
Edited by cord08, Jan 18 2013, 01:45 PM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jan 18 2013, 01:40 PM
esp13
Jan 18 2013, 01:35 PM
Miss Rhi
Jan 18 2013, 01:30 PM
cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:20 PM
"I don't understand why you're being so passive about it." Thank you, Sami! I don't get Will's passivity either.
Me either
Because God forbid he be a little ambivalent about the idea of being a father right now or a little uncertain about what he really wants and what this means.
It's not so much that for me, it's that his eyes seem like they are glazed over and he's not really there.

This probably doesn't make sense to anyone else. It would be interesting if there was angle we haven't seen yet and that would be him being on pills of some kind to cope.
I get it, sometimes.

I also get where esp13 is coming from, but I'd like to see more variety in Will's demeanor and I've felt that way for a little while now. Chandler can be incredible at portraying Will's anxiety, timidity and gnawing emotional conflict, but I want to see him behave more forcefully and forthrightly sometimes. I want him to eventually reach a point where he's more clear-sighted and he shows us that on screen.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Jan 18 2013, 01:47 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

Ah, ok, this is a little better - Will at least is talking and saying something substantive, and not just skulking. This I like - lol, in no small part b/c it is so dead-on Lumi related. =) And although of course this is not about Sami, hearing her son say what he said, about not wanting his child in a broken home (yes, because of how he grew up) and having an a-ha moment about the hurt Will suffered and lessons he took away from the Lumi custody years, is perfectly reasonable imo. And so good. This is the stuff I want from my soap, y'all.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Oh, they are so going there with Eric/Nicole. I hope it goes slowly, and I hope she doesn't want to corrupt him! LOL

This is actually the first ay I've seen a real speak between them.

elci525
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
esp13
Miss Rhi
cord08
"I don't understand why you're being so passive about it." Thank you, Sami! I don't get Will's passivity either.
Me either
Because God forbid he be a little ambivalent about the idea of being a father right now or a little uncertain about what he really wants and what this means.
It's not so much that for me, it's that his eyes seem like they are glazed over and he's not really there.

This probably doesn't make sense to anyone else. It would be interesting if there was angle we haven't seen yet and that would be him being on pills of some kind to cope.
Oh yeah, me too. It is not that he is conflicted and ambivalent, it's just that he is standing there, glassy-eyed, and acting a little like he doesn't have the time or can't be bothered. And that annoyed me.

But once he started engaging in a dialogue with Sami, I felt better.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Jan 18 2013, 01:43 PM
Still loving Ericole.
Me too. It's moving at its own pace and we're seeing a real bond being built (or re-built) rather than instalove.

esp13
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
esp13
Miss Rhi
cord08
Me either

Sorry. I should have jumped on your post like that. I'm just very against the need for Will to be perfect and decisive in this storyline because I love his confusion and uncertainty and so I jumped to conclusions about what you meant.

I've seen Chandler do the glassy eyed thing a lot and I think it's his default move for uncertainty. He just goes very passive and distracted and uninterested.

cord08

Sami is making so much damn sense today it's scary.

elci525
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 18 2013, 01:47 PM
Ah, ok, this is a little better - Will at least is talking and saying something substantive, and not just skulking. This I like - lol, in no small part b/c it is so dead-on Lumi related. =) And although of course this is not about Sami, hearing her son say what he said, about not wanting his child in a broken home (yes, because of how he grew up) and having an a-ha moment about the hurt Will suffered and lessons he took away from the Lumi custody years, is perfectly reasonable imo. And so good. This is the stuff I want from my soap, y'all.
And quoted to add again that this should be a convo shared between Sami, Lucas and Will, but whatever. I am trying to find water in a dried-up well I guess.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:54 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe it's because none of her current men were there to influence her?

Honeybees
Member Avatar

While I feel Sami's pain, it wasn't like her fuck ups with Will were of the garden variety immature kind. She was fucking batshit, lied about his paternity for years and generally made everyone's life around her a living hell, often using Will to do it. He does have a right to judge her.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I continue to be baffled by John's behavior and motivations. Who is this man?

Honeybees
Member Avatar

You know, Chloe's plan is utterly brilliant, using Jennifer's smug self-righteousness against her. Love it.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

JessicaLeigh
Jan 18 2013, 01:58 PM
I continue to be baffled by John's behavior and motivations. Who is this man?
I felt so bad for Marlena. :(

cord08

Honeybees
Jan 18 2013, 01:57 PM
While I feel Sami's pain, it wasn't like her fuck ups with Will were of the garden variety immature kind. She was fucking batshit, lied about his paternity for years and generally made everyone's life around her a living hell, often using Will to do it. He does have a right to judge her.
I don't think she said that he has no right to judge her. She just said that your child will judge you. That is the most truthful and genuine convo I've seen her have with Will in a long time.

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:54 PM
I know right?.Seems pod Sami is locked in a closet somewhere and real Sami who we haven't seen in years is allowed to
peek through .

AFaithL

Honeybees
Exactly. Sami was the shittest mother around. She used Will as a pawn in her sick games against Lucas. These weren't minor "oops". I'm surprised Will is a functioning human being after Sami's disgusting motherly skills.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Well actually she only lied about Will's paternity for a few months, she only found out Lucas was Will's father in early July 1997, the truth was revealed the first week of September 1997.

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 18 2013, 02:02 PM
Honeybees
Exactly. Sami was the shittest mother around. She used Will as a pawn in her sick games against Lucas. These weren't minor "oops". I'm surprised Will is a functioning human being after Sami's disgusting motherly skills.
Imagine how screwed up Allies going to be then. I imagine Sami seeing her a few times a month.Talk about forgotten child.I seriously hope we get to see Allie progress to her teen years because I think she's going to have mommy issues and be a hellion to rival Sami Brady in her prime.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply