Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 18 2013, 12:48 PM (7,055 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 02:01 PM
Honeybees
Jan 18 2013, 01:57 PM
While I feel Sami's pain, it wasn't like her fuck ups with Will were of the garden variety immature kind. She was fucking batshit, lied about his paternity for years and generally made everyone's life around her a living hell, often using Will to do it. He does have a right to judge her.
I don't think she said that he has no right to judge her. She just said that your child will judge you. That is the most truthful and genuine convo I've seen her have with Will in a long time.
I didn't mean to imply she said he shouldn't judge her, but I did want to express that Sami isn't the innocent victim of Will's judgment. She was being a little bit self-pitying, and again making things about herself.

Will making a huge part of his decision about her and her behavior is perfect, ironic payback for her self-centerness.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Chloe's plan is working, Dannifer may finally end, however, Chloe's main concern should be her child, instead of trying to win Dr. Sleaze over again.
Edited by bellajewel, Jan 18 2013, 02:10 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I can't express how completely stunned and amazed I am over Sweeney's performance today. IMO, that last scene between Sami & Will has to be one of the most emotional, introspective, UNDERSTATED performances she's ever given. Dare I even say this could very well be the performance for next year's Emmy reel? I was actually getting a bit teary-eyed. Color me shocked!

I'm STUNNED that Chloe actually went ahead and told Daniel. That was just a brilliant move. And I can't express how much I'm enjoying Nicole/Chloe as BFFs and co-schemers -- especially now that they've had their blowup over Daniel. That HAD to happen or it wouldn't have been logical. Props to TomSell for doing it and getting it out of the way.

Today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script by Richard Culliton. If Sweeney does manage to get an Emmy nod out of today, she damn best well send Richard a shit load of flowers.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Sami actually acted like an adult today. That is probably the strangest thing to happen on this show in years. Nice writing and acting by Sweeney and Massey today.

The Kristen\Brady\John\Marlena story is now boring me. I'm glad it seems to be nearing its end.

I still don't and never will care about Daniel and Jennifer so I am glad Chloe and Anne are causing them some trouble.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm with you Matt. Sweeney really really surprised me. I hated Will's attitude though.

I'll post more later ...

six
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 18 2013, 01:21 PM
Kafka? Schadenfreude? LOL, I think you are getting too fancy-schmancy for the likes of these Salemites, Doc.
She should go hang out with Chloe and her references to Electra.

Days has been impressing me lately. I thought they were going to keep Chloe's past hidden for months and have Daniel blow up at her about it. It's nice that Dan still feels protective of Chloe.

I also like that Chloe and Nicole's friendship has evolved into something more dysfunctional, while still being supportive. If they were going to be friends, this is what their relationship should be like.

Sami and Will's conversation was perfect; honest and thoughtful. This is who Sami should be - protective of her kid and crazy with anyone who gets in her way.

I'm glad to see Kristen getting ready to make her next move, because Bristen needs a shakeup. Seems like she's falling for him already, though, but at least It's something different.

AFaithL

So how bad were the John scenes? Was he a total asshole? Who IS this man? And Marlena was never insecure, so fuck that. Not historical at all.

John was never a quitter and an abandoner of his wife and children. I will have to dedicate the "Sir Robin" jingle from Monty Python and the Holy Grail to him.

Brave Sir Robin ran away.
He ran away!
When danger reared it's ugly head....
He quickly turned his tail and fled....
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin!
Brave Sir Robin ran away...

Brave Sir

elci525
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 18 2013, 02:07 PM
cord08
Honeybees
While I feel Sami's pain, it wasn't like her fuck ups with Will were of the garden variety immature kind. She was fucking batshit, lied about his paternity for years and generally made everyone's life around her a living hell, often using Will to do it. He does have a right to judge her.
I don't think she said that he has no right to judge her. She just said that your child will judge you. That is the most truthful and genuine convo I've seen her have with Will in a long time.
I didn't mean to imply she said he shouldn't judge her, but I did want to express that Sami isn't the innocent victim of Will's judgment. She was being a little bit self-pitying, and again making things about herself.

Will making a huge part of his decision about her and her behavior is perfect, ironic payback for her self-centerness.
Yeah, she was - but I took it more as a very honest, ehm, warning? Or reality check. I don't think anyone in the situation thinks Sami is an innocent victim of Will's judgement - I think she would agree it's deserved. But that is the gorgeous thing about this story, and I think I am feeling this more and more now that I am no longer a middle-schooler or young-twenty something. Sami and Lucas, mehopes, can have very real conversations with their son about the regrets they have and lessons they've learned through the teenage pregnancies and custody battles, that Will just cannot know because he does not have that perspective, and to an extent probably doesn't appreciate what it means that his parents were so young when this all happened. I get that Will's perspective is valid too. But his parents can speak to him on a very honest level about what a decision like this can mean. It is heart-wrenching and beautiful.

The ironic pay-back is kinda sweet though.

AS was annoying me a little with her performance in the beginning, the way her face stretches like that and jaw gets clenched when she wants to convey anger. But by the end I was near tears as well. Both the Lucas and Sami Will convos (if I am not getting one together, at least I do get one from each parent) have been brilliant. My Lumi loving heart is melting all over the place.
Edited by elci525, Jan 18 2013, 02:25 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh! And I forgot to mention that flashback Kristen had! I remember we all suspected that Kristen's mugging was a setup, but that was never confirmed or touched on again until today when it was CONFIRMED via flashback that Kristen set up that mugging in the park PLUS the added, until now unrevealed, twist that JOHN was supposed to come to her rescue and NOT Brady (which ended up launching the entire Brady/Kristen affair). Kristen's plans don't always go as planned, but damn if the bitch doesn't know how to take advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself and scheme on the fly.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 18 2013, 02:19 PM
Honeybees
cord08
Honeybees

Yeah, she was - but I took it more as a very honest, ehm, warning? Or reality check. That is the gorgeous thing about this story, and I think I am feeling this more and more now that I am no longer a middle-schooler or young-twenty something. Sami and Lucas, mehopes, can have very real conversations with their son about the regrets they have and lessons they've learned through the teenage pregnancies and custody battles, that Will just cannot know because he does not have that perspective, and to an extent probably doesn't appreciate what it means that his parents were so young when this all happened. I get that Will's perspective is valid too. But his parents can speak to him on a very honest level about what a decision like this can mean. It heart-wrenching and beautiful.
All true, except that Sami and Lucas are both furious at Will for "turning his back" on his baby and I've not heard either of them give voice to the idea that giving up a child can be an act of love, despite their experience as teen parents. It never occurred to them as teens, and it's not occurring them now. Again, Will should have been more formal if he wanted to go the adoption route and I'm not defending his actions on that level, but I stand by the core of them, which was to give his child a stable, loving home that he felt he couldn't provide. Not a single character has given voice to the fact that Will's intentions were good, and I wish somebody would.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 18 2013, 02:25 PM
elci525
Honeybees
cord08

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Yeah, she was - but I took it more as a very honest, ehm, warning? Or reality check. That is the gorgeous thing about this story, and I think I am feeling this more and more now that I am no longer a middle-schooler or young-twenty something. Sami and Lucas, mehopes, can have very real conversations with their son about the regrets they have and lessons they've learned through the teenage pregnancies and custody battles, that Will just cannot know because he does not have that perspective, and to an extent probably doesn't appreciate what it means that his parents were so young when this all happened. I get that Will's perspective is valid too. But his parents can speak to him on a very honest level about what a decision like this can mean. It heart-wrenching and beautiful.
All true, except that Sami and Lucas are both furious at Will for "turning his back" on his baby and I've not heard either of them give voice to the idea that giving up a child can be an act of love, despite their experience as teen parents. It never occurred to them as teens, and it's not occurring them now. Again, Will should have been more formal if he wanted to go the adoption route and I'm not defending his actions on that level, but I stand by the core of them, which was to give his child a stable, loving home that he felt he couldn't provide. Not a single character has given voice to the fact that Will's intentions were good, and I wish somebody would.

Nothing to add to this, just giving my full agreement. Couldn't have said it better.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I loved Sami and Will's conversation. I totally get Will's uncertainty. In fact, I think it would be weird if he was certain. He's 20, he's gay, and he just got his ex-girlfriend pregnant. I don't know many guys that would know what they really wanted under those circumstances. He saw an easy out with Nabi and took it, but of course the more he thinks about it, the more conflicted he becomes. I think it makes complete sense. And I think Sami's reaction was very natural too. She got overly dramatic and made it somewhat about her like she always does. But she also made some really good points and I think she was a natural person to really push Will about his choice. I like how Will tied his decision to his own messed-up childhood and how Sami used her mistakes to get Wil to think about what he's doing. It was really well done and the highlight of the episode for me.

Ericole is starting to heat up. They've had a nice dynamic and I basically thought they were "fine." But for the first time, I saw them flirt. I saw some sexual energy. And I like it. More of this please, but feel free to take it slow.

Marlena made me so sad. I get why John is bothered because he thinks she doesn't trust him, but he knows Kristin and should've understood more how she was gaslighting Marlena. I mean, his relationships with both Brady and Marlena are messed up now that Kristin's back in town. Hmmm, John, I wonder what the issue could be?

I still can't muster more concern for what's happening with Dannifer because the characters and the couple just don't hold much charm for me. That being said, I like Chloe being devious and I really think NB is probably best at playing a bad girl. She will never be a great actress, but I like her better in this role than as the stupid innocent.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Honeybees
elci525
Honeybees
cord08

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Which is valid too, and what I meant saying Will's POV was valid - that his reasons were good, that his intentions were good if not well thought-out or executed. And it would be nice for someone to acknowledge what Will did was an act of love - and I think/hope that will come. I get Sami and Lucas jumping to the other conclusion first (esp Lucas), so I am glad Will was able to speak his side. I agree.

But that isn't of supreme interest or importance to me, which is what I have been trying to say. I just think for me, for some reason, the idea of parents reflecting on the mistakes they made as children, now seeing their child potentially making similar mistakes with consequences he just cannot foresee, and a child bringing his own valid unique perspective into a situation, but unable to imagine his parents as young adults like he is now, to now have a better understanding of how easy it might be to make a mistake that will reverberate in significant, undesired ways in years to come - holds greater pathos for me. So I care about that side of things more. Like it really makes my heart wrench. It is probably just nostalgia - I was a kid when Lumi were kids (I mean, younger, but you know - they were my entree point into this show) and I am on the floor here seeing the story come full circle like this (a narrative movement that only the soap opera genre could provide, being a multi-decade serial). To see them confronted with this challenge, to see them see the mistakes they made reflected in the choices Will has made, to see them regret and share those honest reflections with him - it just bowls me over. And to see Will also try to navigate as best he can is stunning too. It just works for me on all cylinders.

I guess I am the only one to feel this way - I am used to that in my fanaticism =) Or maybe this is what people mean by fanwanking, as much as I hate that term. Whatever. I am not blind or stone-cold to Will's struggles in this as well, and I realize that is probably really meant to be the emotional focus of the s/line. But this is how I choose to respond to the story, and this is why it touches me most. One of the many reasons, anyway.
Edited by elci525, Jan 18 2013, 05:50 PM.

cord08

Panda Panda
Jan 18 2013, 01:40 PM
cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:28 PM
Eric: "You know what I wish? I wish that Marlena was here right now."
Kristen: "Ok, that's kinda weird."

LOL.
Grr, I totally missed that part. When did Kristen run into Eric?
I made a mistake. It was Brady, not Eric. I guess I was thinking of Eric Martsolf while typing. Sorry.

elci525
Member Avatar

Matt
Oh! And I forgot to mention that flashback Kristen had! I remember we all suspected that Kristen's mugging was a setup, but that was never confirmed or touched on again until today when it was CONFIRMED via flashback that Kristen set up that mugging in the park PLUS the added, until now unrevealed, twist that JOHN was supposed to come to her rescue and NOT Brady (which ended up launching the entire Brady/Kristen affair). Kristen's plans don't always go as planned, but damn if the bitch doesn't know how to take advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself and scheme on the fly.
Yes, that was fantastic. I wasn't sure if that was brand new information - I haven't been paying very close attention to the Bristen stuff. So that seemed spectacularly revelatory today.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Matt
freakin' LOVE Kristen!! :hail:

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 02:40 PM
Panda Panda
Jan 18 2013, 01:40 PM
cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:28 PM
Eric: "You know what I wish? I wish that Marlena was here right now."
Kristen: "Ok, that's kinda weird."

LOL.
Grr, I totally missed that part. When did Kristen run into Eric?
I made a mistake. It was Brady, not Eric. I guess I was thinking of Eric Martsolf while typing. Sorry.
Oh, okay. I was taking the trash out so I missed a few scenes in today's ep, lol. I was wonder how Eric got to the hospital so fast. :P
Edited by Panda Panda, Jan 18 2013, 02:57 PM.

AFaithL

Do did Kristen sneak off to pay the muggers? Or did they cut that scene?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Matt
Yeah, in the November 15th(?) Episode Brady pulled an old switcharoo with John on the Church board. So I guess that's what Kristen meant when she told EJ her original plan had imploded.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

No surprise that whore set up the mugging.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply