Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 18 2013, 12:48 PM (7,081 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Matt
Jan 18 2013, 02:10 PM
I can't express how completely stunned and amazed I am over Sweeney's performance today. IMO, that last scene between Sami & Will has to be one of the most emotional, introspective, UNDERSTATED performances she's ever given. Dare I even say this could very well be the performance for next year's Emmy reel? I was actually getting a bit teary-eyed. Color me shocked!

I'm STUNNED that Chloe actually went ahead and told Daniel. That was just a brilliant move. And I can't express how much I'm enjoying Nicole/Chloe as BFFs and co-schemers -- especially now that they've had their blowup over Daniel. That HAD to happen or it wouldn't have been logical. Props to TomSell for doing it and getting it out of the way.

Today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script by Richard Culliton. If Sweeney does manage to get an Emmy nod out of today, she damn best well send Richard a shit load of flowers.
I agree about Sweeney...she really really impressed me today!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Nadia Bjorlin has injected a WORLD of entertainment in the to boring as all fuck Dannifer pairing....I am hoping Chloe DESTROYS Dannifer....PLEASE let her sleep with Daniel so that Dannifer can be destroyed!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 18 2013, 01:21 PM
Kafka? Schadenfreude? LOL, I think you are getting too fancy-schmancy for the likes of these Salemites, Doc.
While I love that Marlena is so obviously more intelligent than any of those dimwits in her town, she really should remember to speak in a manner they can understand.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jan 18 2013, 01:39 PM
Marlena was NEVER insecure about John and Kristen in the past,why are the writer's making her that way now,more character assassination.

John,stop putting word's in Marlena's mouth and LET HER TALK.
Never. John was with Kristen, about to marry her because she was prego and didn't think Marlena loved him back... and Marlena wasn't jealous. Or insecure. Because Marlena KNOWS John better than John knows himself. That's ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE! It's what led to very sexually charged, awkward moments between them in 1986 before they even fell in love. Marlena KNEW John. His soul, his heart, she knew what he'd say.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jan 18 2013, 01:58 PM
I continue to be baffled by John's behavior and motivations. Who is this man?
I know who he isn't. John Black.

cord08

esp13
Jan 18 2013, 01:35 PM
Miss Rhi
Jan 18 2013, 01:30 PM
cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:20 PM
"I don't understand why you're being so passive about it." Thank you, Sami! I don't get Will's passivity either.
Me either
Because God forbid he be a little ambivalent about the idea of being a father right now or a little uncertain about what he really wants and what this means.

I love that Will is being passive, that he's uncertain, that he's maybe even a little scared. I want him to be conflicted between not wanting the responsibility of fatherhood at this point in his life, yet not being able to deal with idea of never really knowing his own child. It's real and is complicated and it's not necessarily pretty. It's exactly the way he's been acting all along and it's consistent.
My confusion about Will's behavior today specifically was the passive nature. In my mind, being passive and being conflicted are not the same emotion. It's fine if Will doesn't feel like he's ready to be a father, I just want to feel like he cares either way. Today, it was difficult to tell if he gave a damn during some scenes.

cord08

The Room Stops
Jan 18 2013, 03:28 PM
JessicaLeigh
Does John Black even know who John Black is?

Honeybees
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 03:42 PM
The Room Stops
JessicaLeigh
If he's anything like me, he gave up trying to keep track of his identity years ago!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 03:42 PM
The Room Stops
JessicaLeigh

Skip to 2:44
Edited by Panda Panda, Jan 18 2013, 05:25 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Loved the flirting between Ericole today. I love the chemistry between Ari and Greg. Cannot wait until he loses that collar. :wub: :wub:

Tammy
Member Avatar

I absolutely HATE how these writers have written John AND Marlena... it really makes me want to stop watching!

Honeybees
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 18 2013, 05:00 PM
Loved the flirting between Ericole today. I love the chemistry between Ari and Greg. Cannot wait until he loses that collar. :wub: :wub:
I agree, but I don't want Nicole to be the seducer. I want her to resist him out of respect and then not be able to help herself.

They are developing a slow, onscreen closeness.

supercool74
Member Avatar

All I have to really say is that my GAWD, Will is purty. :wub: CM and those expressive, blue eyes. Sigh. I do agree with a lot here and was annoyed at the beginning though. He was being too dismissive and not wanting to talk to Sami and I really wanted him to. I think things will change very soon though. I can't wait until he decides that he really wants to be a part of this baby's life, and starts fighting for it...in earnest. That's what I'm waiting for.

I hate Dannifer....but I like seeing Chloe plotting against them, so I guess I can suffer through. I'll be rooting for her...which is probably the opposite of what TPTB actually think people are going to do.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

The second John is gone,so am I.

concerned
Member Avatar

So Cameron is the Dr on Dimera speed dial.

cord08

I forgot about one of my favorite lines in this episode.

Anne to Chloe (about Jen): "I can't wait to wipe that prissy little smirk off her face!"

I vote Anne be given a more prominent role on the show just to be a snark machine. Victor could use some more help in that department.

CatherineEarnshaw

The real John is gone.

CatherineEarnshaw

The only thing that interests me is that Stefano is still into marlena

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't really have anything to say about today. It aired. And this will come as no surprise to anyone, but I thought Sweeney was as bad as she usually is.

Romancer66

cord08
Jan 18 2013, 05:44 PM
I forgot about one of my favorite lines in this episode.

Anne to Chloe (about Jen): "I can't wait to wipe that prissy little smirk off her face!"

I vote Anne be given a more prominent role on the show just to be a snark machine. Victor could use some more help in that department.

Hee. I'm just amused that someone else hates Jen-Jen's smug little fake-smile as much as I do.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply