Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 18 2013, 12:48 PM (7,054 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 18 2013, 06:36 PM
I don't really have anything to say about today. It aired. And this will come as no surprise to anyone, but I thought Sweeney was as bad as she usually is.
I thought she was terrible at the start. And I hated her lipstick. But as the episode progressed I actually found myself enjoying or at least believing her performance, and I was pretty touched by episode's end. I am just a sap for this story, I guess. :$
Edited by elci525, Jan 18 2013, 07:14 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

John was annoyed that Marlena didnt share the tape with him,seriously,John,I love you,but she had that recording for like 5 minutes.

AFaithL

Well, I just watched. Surprisingly, I liked the Will/Sami and Daniel/Chloe scenes. I don't care if she's manipulative, Danloe has MUCH more chemistry than Dannfer. Always has, always will. Though I did kinda feel sorry for Jen-Jen for a moment.

Otherwise....I got nothin' positive to say about this episode. John was unrecognizable today. He would never "leave" Marlena for any reason. Period.

chinkybig

If this were the "real" John we saw today, I think I liked Robo John better way back when. And that's saying a lot about how sucky this storyline has come to be. :(

Marlena should make him grovel if and when he comes back to her, seriously. And heaven forbid that Roman makes da moves again on her while John is gone, while we see Sami whining and bitching again that she would love to see her parents back together and bitch about John ruining her precious little family. Heaven forbid that Father Eric joins in on this, too. As far as the way the writing has gone so far....i wouldnt be the least surprised if they attempt to recycle old stuff.

peaches179

CatherineEarnshaw
Jan 18 2013, 06:22 PM
The only thing that interests me is that Stefano is still into marlena

I agree. I would love to have some Stefano and Marlena scenes.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

U know the part on today's show where John talked about Marlena and Brady being replaced with different people,well John I could say the same about you.

peaches179

lysie
I don't really have anything to say about today. It aired. And this will come as no surprise to anyone, but I thought Sweeney was as bad as she usually is.

ITA. The scrunched up face was in full mold.Listening to her give Will parenting advice was laughable.

I really hope while Drake is off screen he will take some acting lessons. It's hard to watch him now.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 18 2013, 07:02 PM
lysie
I thought she was terrible at the start. And I hated her lipstick. But as the episode progressed I actually found myself enjoying or at least believing her performance, and I was pretty touched by episode's end. I am just a sap for this story, I guess. :$
I became somewhat distracted by Sami's outfit when she said she had been on her way to work but came back when she saw Will.The blouse /top looked like it was black see through lace when I first saw it then later I though I saw the leather pants with a long sleeved top but I was not sure.She did not appear to be dressed to go to work as a top executive.Can someone help clarify for me what Sami was wearing today? I know its superficial but it kind of threw me off when I was watching earlier.

lysie
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jan 18 2013, 10:04 PM
U know the part on today's show where John talked about Marlena and Brady being replaced with different people,well John I could say the same about you.
Marlena did say that. It made me happy.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

I watched yesterday and today back to back and some of it bleeds together, so I'll put all my comments here. Loved everything Nicole related. Nicole and Chloe, Nicole and Brady, Nicole and Eric. It was all good. I love Nicole's self-deprecation and I love that she and Chloe can't really stay mad at each other. And Nicole's look when Chloe got her idea was priceless.

I always liked Daniel and Chloe, so I kind of love Chloe going after him. I also liked that even though Chloe's decision to tell Daniel had an ulterior motive (and a scheme) she was pretty honest in telling it and I'm glad that Daniel was supportive. I really hope that Kate's role in all of this comes out.

Sami and Will's conversation was fine. The dialogue was good, but I didn't think Sweeney was very good in it. And I sure as hell didn't buy Sami's claim that she felt any emphathy for Gabi based on how she treated her. But, I did think she made a good point to Will about him needing to understand what was really at stake now.

Kristen and Marlena were delicious. Kristen and Brady not so much. Didn't really care for John and Marlena either.

All in all, it was a pretty good week.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

"Kristen you have $12,000 worth of technology in your room and you're negotiating on speakerphone? That's kind of outdated, don't you think?" Brady to Kristen

1. Every single phone (home, cell, smartphone, ect) has speakerphone, so I don't think it can be considered "outdated" to still use it in doing business; especially if you're doing long distance business.

2. $12,000 worth of technology in her room? Where does she live, the Apple Store?

I love Brady, but sometimes he just needs to not speak.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

JessicaLeigh
Jan 18 2013, 01:41 PM
Really glad Chloe told Daniel the truth about her past as a prostitute before anyone else could. Stay ahead of the curve, Chloe. I don't like the object of her pursuit but I admire her savvy in pursuing him so far. Chloe hasn't always been the strongest character - she definitely hasn't always been a take-no-prisoners schemer like Kate, Nicole, Kristen or Sami (once upon a time) - so I am enjoying the steel in her spine right now.
I was floored she confessed to Dan today. I mean yes it was all part of her scheme to win him back, but I was so not expecting her to tell him and I was pleasantly surprised by how it played out.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jan 18 2013, 01:40 PM
esp13
Jan 18 2013, 01:35 PM
Miss Rhi
Jan 18 2013, 01:30 PM
cord08
Jan 18 2013, 01:20 PM
"I don't understand why you're being so passive about it." Thank you, Sami! I don't get Will's passivity either.
Me either
Because God forbid he be a little ambivalent about the idea of being a father right now or a little uncertain about what he really wants and what this means.
It's not so much that for me, it's that his eyes seem like they are glazed over and he's not really there.

This probably doesn't make sense to anyone else. It would be interesting if there was angle we haven't seen yet and that would be him being on pills of some kind to cope.
I think the glazed over eyes are him trying to shut down emotionally so he doesn't have to engage with Sami. He's been avoiding her, ignoring her calls and had no intention of dealing with her drama. By the end of the episode he deals with her and becomes engaged gain, but only because Sami was relentless.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Will always does that blank stare thing with Sami when she starts trying to talk to him about his personal life or anything of an intimate nature with him. I've never taken it that he's avoiding his feelings or being passive, just that he doesn't want to (or feels uncomfortable with) talking to HER. IMO, a LOT of teenagers HATE talking about personal stuff (especially if it has anything to do with sex or deep feelings) with parents and use that as a means of deflection. Hell, I'm over 40 and I *still* do it! lol He always has that look of "Mom. Stop talking. Please." and "Dear god, if I could just be anywhere but here right now..." look in his eyes.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I thought the show was great.

I loved Sami and Will's scenes. Sweeney did wonderful with that last scene. And it was well written. For some time now, I feel like Massey has looked bored with the material he's been given since Tomlin/Whitesell started. I would not be surprised if he chose to leave the show once his contract cycle ends.

John and Marlena's scenes were so plot-driven. Didn't like them at all. Neither actor was able to sell it.

I want to see more done with Cameron. I actually have interest in him now with the actor change, and it's not like Owens has been given anything Yancey wasn't given. Owens just has a certain charisma about him. He comes alive in scenes where he's not even given much. I want to see how he does with his own story. Hopefully something major develops between him and Abigail. It's time Mansi was given a story of her own, especially given how she handled the Abigail/Austin storyline. She's amazing!

I'm glad it was confirmed through flashbacks that Kristen set up the mugging. And that it was supposed to be John, who came to save her and receive the beating. It makes puts what's going on between Brady and Kristen into perspective. None of this would be happen without that mistake.

It was nice seeing Chloe come clean to Daniel. And I love this scheming side of her. Bjorlin is actually able to play these scenes, somewhat decently.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

A very good episode, and for me the highlights were Will/Sami, Eric/Nicole, John/Marlena & Nicole/Chloe

I felt sad for Marlena when John left. I don't like to see that woman sad. Breaks my heart...

I haven't enjoyed Sami's scenes like this past week for a while

blueskies
Member Avatar

You know, I don't like Victor anymore. Calling Julie "cheap", saying Nancy Wesley had an "aluminium Christmas tree". Okay, I can excuse the last one, but the first is unforgivable.

Edit: oops, this was from Wednesday's show, not Friday's.
Edited by blueskies, Jan 19 2013, 05:07 PM.

Ireland98

DrewHamilton
Jan 19 2013, 01:46 PM
I loved Sami and Will's scenes. Sweeney did wonderful with that last scene. And it was well written. For some time now, I feel like Massey has looked bored with the material he's been given since Tomlin/Whitesell started. I would not be surprised if he chose to leave the show once his contract cycle ends.

The Sami and Will scenes were great. I think CM plays the emotions perfectly, but the writing for his character has been boring. I don't understand why TomSell think that Will should be a passive/vanilla character. :shrug:
I think both CM and JS took a hit with the change in writers, which is a shame because they're two of the best actors on the canvas. They should be given heavier material to work with. Plus, based on character history, it just makes sense for both EJ and Will to be darker/grey.

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

Love that Chloe told Daniel the truth before Jennifer and Kate did.

deletemyaccountplease

Panda Panda
Jan 19 2013, 12:13 AM
"Kristen you have $12,000 worth of technology in your room and you're negotiating on speakerphone? That's kind of outdated, don't you think?" Brady to Kristen

1. Every single phone (home, cell, smartphone, ect) has speakerphone, so I don't think it can be considered "outdated" to still use it in doing business; especially if you're doing long distance business.

2. $12,000 worth of technology in her room? Where does she live, the Apple Store?

I love Brady, but sometimes he just needs to not speak.
Lmao

I thought the same thing

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply