Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 18 2013, 12:48 PM (7,064 Views)
AFaithL

DrewHamilton
Jan 19 2013, 01:46 PM

John and Marlena's scenes were so plot-driven. Didn't like them at all. Neither actor was able to sell it.

I just want Tomlin to write them in character!!! They've been a supercouple for 25 years!! And they need to be standing together fighting a common enemy. John would never walk out on Marlena --- he would fight tooth and nail for her. Weeks, months, YEARS...whatever it took, he would never let her go! Ever!! And she would NEVER let him go either!! She is not a "quitter" any more than he is! I just want their history as a couple and their personalities respected. I want to be able to watch them on tv an think "Ah, this is the real John and Marlena". I don't want any more out of character scenes like the last few weeks.

They work THROUGH their problems, Mr. Tomlin. Marlena would fight forever for her marriage. John would fight forever for their marriage. And if somehow circumstances separated them, they would still be committed to each other - and ONLY each other - 100%. John would never want another woman - no matter what. And Marlena would never want another man -- no matter what. That's not them. They would pursue each other to he ends of the earth.

I know I've ranted about John, but seriously, I cannot and do not want Marlena with anyone but him. That would make this show unwatchable for me. Please fix this mess, Mr. Tomlin.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

This is actually the most interesting I've found John & Marlena in at least 10 years.

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 20 2013, 10:35 PM
This is actually the most interesting I've found John & Marlena in at least 10 years.
I go back and forth. There are parts that I like and parts that are just ridiculous. If John was going to be this mad, I wish there'd been some real consequences to Marlena keeping quiet.

Tammy
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 20 2013, 10:38 PM
Matt
I go back and forth. There are parts that I like and parts that are just ridiculous. If John was going to be this mad, I wish there'd been some real consequences to Marlena keeping quiet.
It's just all pointless conflict. It's not like Brady is still with Kristen because Marlena kept quiet. I mean if Marlena HAD told John when she first found out... what would have changed? What John could have grounded Brady??? He's a grown friggin man!!! He can make his own mistakes just like his father!

AFaithL

Tammy
Jan 20 2013, 10:45 PM
lysie
Jan 20 2013, 10:38 PM
Matt
It's just all pointless conflict. It's not like Brady is still with Kristen because Marlena kept quiet. I mean if Marlena HAD told John when she first found out... what would have changed? What John could have grounded Brady??? He's a grown friggin man!!! He can make his own mistakes just like his father!
And I don't even mind them arguing occasionally...but neither one of them are "quitters". That's what has made me rant so much these last 2 weeks. They would never abandon each other in a time of need. They have always, always, always forgiven and supported each other through thick and thin. Marlena does not walk out on John. John does not walk out on Marlena.

I just want them acting like THEM. In other words....recognizable.

chinkybig

AFaithL
Jan 20 2013, 10:26 PM
DrewHamilton

John and Marlena's scenes were so plot-driven. Didn't like them at all. Neither actor was able to sell it.

I just want Tomlin to write them in character!!! They've been a supercouple for 25 years!! And they need to be standing together fighting a common enemy. John would never walk out on Marlena --- he would fight tooth and nail for her. Weeks, months, YEARS...whatever it took, he would never let her go! Ever!! And she would NEVER let him go either!! She is not a "quitter" any more than he is! I just want their history as a couple and their personalities respected. I want to be able to watch them on tv an think "Ah, this is the real John and Marlena". I don't want any more out of character scenes like the last few weeks.

They work THROUGH their problems, Mr. Tomlin. Marlena would fight forever for her marriage. John would fight forever for their marriage. And if somehow circumstances separated them, they would still be committed to each other - and ONLY each other - 100%. John would never want another woman - no matter what. And Marlena would never want another man -- no matter what. That's not them. They would pursue each other to he ends of the earth.

I know I've ranted about John, but seriously, I cannot and do not want Marlena with anyone but him. That would make this show unwatchable for me. Please fix this mess, Mr. Tomlin.

Fire Tomlin, Ken Corday! We can write better John and Marlena than all your moron writers can ever do. :rolleyes:

I've been skipping J & M scenes lately as I cannot stand the farce the writers made these characters out to be. I can never say this enough, but at least the 2 DHs do a whole LOT better job tweeting than their current storyline will ever be. :hail:

AFaithL

chinkybig
Jan 20 2013, 11:12 PM
AFaithL
Jan 20 2013, 10:26 PM
DrewHamilton

Fire Tomlin, Ken Corday! We can write better John and Marlena than all your moron writers can ever do. :rolleyes:

I've been skipping J & M scenes lately as I cannot stand the farce the writers made these characters out to be. I can never say this enough, but at least the 2 DHs do a whole LOT better job tweeting than their current storyline will ever be. :hail:
See, I don't want Tomlin fired. I just want him writing John and Marlena in character. In other words, no matter what shit is thrown their way, they fight for their marriage. And neither "moves on" to other people.

chinkybig

^^ :D I get what you mean. I will not complain about this, as long as they write these 2 characters IN character. Hell, I don't have any objections and am very much willing to sit through Brady and Kristen hooking up for the sake of REAL conflict and angst between John and Marlena vs. Brady and Kristen. I'm all for that, IF written well, which, right now, technically speaking, Brady and Kristen is holding up pretty well in terms of writing, BUT at the expense of John and Marlena ---> which, whether we like it or not, has been a super-couple for 25 years. Personally, under no circumstances should the writers have messed with that status this badly, sad to say.

Anyway, let's see around 3 months down the line. I'm not expecting much, but I'm hopeful enough.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I was just watching some old scenes from 2006 where John and Marlena were looking for Stefano in Italy. I want that John and Marlena back. Working together against the common enemy. Like others have said, the two have come too far and got through too much to let THIS be what breaks them.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

John would NEVER leave Marlena willingly and leave her to fight psycho Kritter by herself,he would never leave her to fight someone who has tried to kill her in the past.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply