Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Wants to Know...; What are your favorite Sami moments?
Topic Started: Jan 20 2013, 06:45 PM (4,093 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
Jan 21 2013, 03:12 PM
most of mine have been mentioned already but here's one that hasn't :)
Go ahead and list them even if they've been mentioned. I'm taking the ones mentioned most.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

1. "Tony" throwing Sami through the french doors at the DiMera mansion.

2. Marlena singing to Sami in prison during the death row story.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

"I SAW YOU"

I know it's been pointed out on many of the top Sami moment lists, but it HAS to be ot it. This is THE turning point that led to bad Sami and set her on the arc she'd be on for the next 13 years.

KATE/SAMI CONFRONTATION AFTER STAN REVEAL

They've had many confrontation over the years, but this is probably my favorite because both of them are so wrong. Neither of them can get on their high horse and are both equally vicious.

EJ SAYS HE ADORES THE BAD BIRL IN SAMI

I love that EJ gets Sami believing that the bad girl in her is okay and how she tells Roman off at the end because of it. And in light of everything that's happened to Ejami over the last 6 1/2 years, it's pretty clear that EJ meant what he said to her.

SYDNAPPING REVEAL

This is probably the best I've ever seen AS. She played the beats where Sami remembers all the lies EJ told her perfectly. You can see each moment of realization on her face but it's not overdone at all.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Sami blackmails Kate to get closer to Austin (1996)

Sami on Deathrow. (1999)

Sami's lies exposed before her wedding to Austin (2002)

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

1. Sami and Kate Team Up To Take Down Nicole Complete with Bar room dancing (2002)

2. Sami and Marlena Pre Execution (1999)

3. Lucas sings "When A Man Loves A Woman" At Their Engagement (2004)

4. Sami punches EJ at the culmination of the Lumi Wedding (2007)

Honorable Mentions

1. Sami writes DOG on Franco's Chest (1998)

2. Sami and Lucas Sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to Will (1999)

3. Sami finally gets Will back from Lucas before the big fire (2001)

4. Sami and Brandon have a night out with John and Marlena with the infamous "my boobs are in my spaghetti" incident (2001)

5. Sami and Lucas confrontation over "Manda" (2002 or 2003)

6. Sami gives birth to the twins with Marlena and Lucas surrounding her (2007)

7. Sami apologizes to comatose John and acknowledges that her was truly a father to her (2007/2008 ??)

8. Sami shoots EJ (2010)

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Jan 21 2013, 04:12 PM
1. Sami and Kate Team Up To Take Down Nicole Complete with Bar room dancing (2002)

Honorable Mentions

4. Sami and Brandon have a night out with John and Marlena with the infamous "my boobs are in my spaghetti" incident (2001)

7. Sami apologizes to comatose John and acknowledges that her was truly a father to her (2007/2008 ??)

8. Sami shoots EJ (2010)

there was manda in 2004 are you not talking about nurse deb

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jan 21 2013, 12:46 PM
My favorite Sami scene is when Carrie punched her dead in the face at Sami's wedding to Austin, and exposed her for the liar that she was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjbz-lPFs

Yep! That's the one! :laugh:

I also loved Sami's execution and EJ and Sami dancing in the abandoned house. :wub2: They are on opposite ends of the spectrum but that's how I roll.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 21 2013, 03:48 PM
"I SAW YOU"

I know it's been pointed out on many of the top Sami moment lists, but it HAS to be ot it. This is THE turning point that led to bad Sami and set her on the arc she'd be on for the next 13 years.

KATE/SAMI CONFRONTATION AFTER STAN REVEAL

They've had many confrontation over the years, but this is probably my favorite because both of them are so wrong. Neither of them can get on their high horse and are both equally vicious.

EJ SAYS HE ADORES THE BAD BIRL IN SAMI

I love that EJ gets Sami believing that the bad girl in her is okay and how she tells Roman off at the end because of it. And in light of everything that's happened to Ejami over the last 6 1/2 years, it's pretty clear that EJ meant what he said to her.

SYDNAPPING REVEAL

This is probably the best I've ever seen AS. She played the beats where Sami remembers all the lies EJ told her perfectly. You can see each moment of realization on her face but it's not overdone at all.
ALL OF THESE TOO, especially Sami/Marlena (talk about a turning point) and Sami/EJ at the almost wedding. :hail:

Damn, I wish I had time to list all of my favs but there are too many I have to write a memo for work. Crap.

blueskies
Member Avatar

one of my faves is still the one where Marlena falls a billion stories & lands right on top of Sami, all the while Sami's screaming, "Help, he's killing my mom!"

blueskies
Member Avatar

& i also like this one when Sami tells everyone Roman's Cassie & Rex's father. And then she freaks out when she finds out Kate's their mother, lol.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I will think of my other two later, but one that I definitely have to mention is during the SSK when Sami found John on the way to confront Marlena after they got into a wreck. She held him at gunpoint, warning him to stay away from her mother and he ended up handcuffing her into the car while she screamed for someone to stop him from killing her mother. Classic Sami! LOL

elci525
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 21 2013, 05:00 PM
one of my faves is still the one where Marlena falls a billion stories & lands right on top of Sami, all the while Sami's screaming, "Help, he's killing my mom!"

LOL - oh that was fantastic!! Makes me really miss 2004ish Days, I guess that was JER era.

Ah, Sami Sami Sami. Best Sami moments? I got to really think on it. I don't want to inundate my suggestions with all Lumi memories (thanks for posting the Home to Me dance - sigh, those were the days), but a lot of my faves of Sami are with Lucas (whether lovey or hatey). I am guessing anything that is Kate and Sami will rank right up there. Also Sami punching EJ at the green wedding, and, you know, shooting him are top candidates. But, no, will have to ponder on it to give better, more thoughtful answers.
Edited by elci525, Jan 21 2013, 05:50 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JtSmarts

Honorable Mentions

8. Sami shoots EJ (2010)

Love your list!! I would add the twins being born major moment for Sami since it was a good 12 yrs since she had Will

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Oh definitely the Sami 'deer in headlights' moment has to be on here... When she walked in on Jarlena doing in on the conference table at Titan.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jan 21 2013, 04:32 PM
JtSmarts

Honorable Mentions

8. Sami shoots EJ (2010)

there was manda in 2004 are you not talking about nurse deb
Nurse Deb! That's who it was, I remember the line about Lucas does Nurse Deb on Tuesdays or something like that lol.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

1. Carrie punching Sami after revealing Lucas is Will's father, not Austin.

2. Sami going to Marlena after her scheme to keep Austin and Carrie apart is revealed. Marlena finally let Sami have it after years of keeping it in and blaming herself for Sami's actions. Sami couldn't believe what Marlena was saying to her. It was a defining moment for the character of Sami, especially considering how much the character regressed once Reilly came back to the show. Any maturity Sami developed was gone until Hogan Sheffer started writing.

3. Sami and Austin's Las Vegas wedding in 2002. I thought it was the best performance Sweeney has ever given. I really felt for Sami when Austin left her after finding out she lied about Lucas hitting Will.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

1. EJami Wedding Blow-Up (8/26/10) *Alison and James were fantastic in these scenes, and Ali did a very good job showing all of Sami's emotions and disgust at EJ with just the look on her face and the sound of her voice.

2. Sami storms into the DiMera mansion with a gun, threatening to kill the DiMera family and shooting Rolf in the foot (8/2/07) *This is when I really enjoyed Sami, back when she used to hate the DiMeras with a burning passion and would stop at nothing to protect her family. Terrific scenes!

3. Sami's Food-Fight with Chloe and Nicole (7/14/08) *I miss the divas of Days being delightfully bitchy and getting themselves into crazy situations. This food-fight scene was CLASSIC Days in my opinion, and was the last time that I truly enjoyed Sami, Chloe, and Nicole all at the same time (probably because that was the last time they were all behaving in true character).

4. Sami and Carrie's huge Valentine's Day confrontation after Carrie is caught kissing Rafe (2/14/12) *Ali and Christie are so much more entertaining when they are playing feuding sisters. I also especially loved these scenes because Sami FINALLY ended her Stepford wive act and let the bitch claws come out to play!

5. Sami talking to Will about how his mistakes could come back to haunt him, and how his child will someday judge him for the choices he made (1/18/13) *VERY impressive scenes from Alison. Sami has not been this honest in a very long time, and it was refreshing to see her own up to the fact that deep down, she knows Will judges her for her terrible decisions, and that she doesn't want the same thing to happen to him.

elci525
Member Avatar

Ouch lysie - disliking my post? B/c I was vague? I was just riffing - those weren't meant to count as my "real" entries (other than the specific ones I mentioned) - I was probably just going to message them. So I apologize if I wasted your time - it was just a steam of consciousness kind of post.

But, yeah, so now I am mortified and will just HAVE to list some specific ones.

Lucas and Same Home to Me dance and bickering afterwards (already posted)

Sami at Will's Halloween Party, wielding a butcher's knife (I think this is 2003/2004)

Will paternity reveal at Sami's wedding to Austin (1997)

Same wedding - Sami crashing Carrie's bouquet toss - loved it.

Sami drugging Carrie and dragging into bed with a passed-out Lucas so that Austin can see them (I think this is new years 1994?)

Sami popping out of the cake at Lucas's bday party (oh jeeeez Sami), followed by her exposing Kate's scheme to make it look like she had cheated on Lucas with Brandon (2005 - also loved that Julie helped with this plan).

Sami punching EJ at the end of the Lumi wedding in 2007, and shooting him in the head in 2010 (these are obvious, but hey why not)

Totally random moment I am not sure anyone else will remember, but Lucas hears Sami crying (I think she hears him with Amanda and feel sorry for herself) he comes to the door, she thinks he is a burglar, and throws a bookend at him. And then she rushes over to him and in very typical Sami fashion just freaks out, even acknowledged how great she is at creating drama but so bad and handling it (it's right before the first time they break the bed). Both a great crazy and surprisingly self-aware moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGuIvtcOJf4

Also Kate dropping by in the middle of the night with a casserole God knows why, and Sami's very bewildered reaction to her over-bearing mommy issues, as well as some good old Sami freakouts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7OqCoAawY

I could go on, and may, but that is enough for now. These are really a lot of Sami crazy moments - I will try to find ones that showcase some good acting moments from AS.

Better?

Edited by elci525, Jan 21 2013, 06:54 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Sariah
Jan 21 2013, 12:46 PM
My favorite Sami scene is when Carrie punched her dead in the face at Sami's wedding to Austin, and exposed her for the liar that she was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjbz-lPFs

Yes!- this one! This is one of the moments that got me hooked on this show, and it's my all-time favorite Sami moment (even if it is kind of a Carrie moment, too).

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 21 2013, 03:17 PM
DocandJohn4ever
Jan 21 2013, 03:12 PM
most of mine have been mentioned already but here's one that hasn't :)
Go ahead and list them even if they've been mentioned. I'm taking the ones mentioned most.
oh ok :)

well in that case

definitely the home to me dance scene

the death row conversation with Marlena

the scene where Sami apologized to John when he was in a coma and acknowledged that he was truly a father to her

the green wedding

and definitely the scene where she confronts Nicole about Sydney being her daughter

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply