Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of January 21st
Topic Started: Jan 21 2013, 04:43 PM (13,601 Views)
Will&Sonny

camera shy
Jan 24 2013, 03:47 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jan 24 2013, 01:25 PM
camera shy
Jan 24 2013, 04:11 AM
blueskies
Jan 22 2013, 11:42 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephttp://www.variety.com/article/VR1118064962/
They could move anyone they wanted to the Y&R......maybe JS.
I highly doubt that...no way could CBS easily take actors from DAYS...there is just no way that could happen.

NBC would never allow that.
If CBS owns Sony they entitled to do anything want. How was it Sony was able to make the Y&R release ED from her contract and bring her to Day? It was because they own the Y&R.
Does Sony own Days, though, or do they just distribute it?

I thought that Corday Productions owned Days, but I could be wrong. In any case, I guess that Sony would have a considerable amount of leverage as the distributor -- I can't see Corday choosing to take his chances looking for a new distributor just because of one actor's contract, even if that actor is Eileen Davidson.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

My tweets so far with Bill & Susan Hayes:

Will Hortonț@iheart_Sonny
Bill & Susan Hayesț@DaysHayes now follows me on twitter.

Bill & Susan Hayesț@DaysHayes
@iheart_Sonny And why not, say I!

Will Hortonț@iheart_Sonny
@DaysHayes @iheart_Sonny Just happy that you two are following me.

https://twitter.com/iheart_Sonny/status/294456648968323072

https://twitter.com/DaysHayes/status/294216503425892352
Edited by WillFan, Jan 24 2013, 05:58 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

camera shy
Mitchapalooza
camera shy
blueskies
Jan 22 2013, 11:42 PM

They could move anyone they wanted to the Y&R......maybe JS.
I highly doubt that...no way could CBS easily take actors from DAYS...there is just no way that could happen.

If CBS owns Sony they entitled to do anything want. How was it Sony was able to make the Y&R release ED from her contract and bring her to Day? It was because they own the Y&R.
I may be wrong but the original deal was to share ED between YR and Days but YR wouldn't allow it so they fired her.

blueskies
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jan 24 2013, 06:05 PM
camera shy
Mitchapalooza
camera shy

I may be wrong but the original deal was to share ED between YR and Days but YR wouldn't allow it so they fired her.
Yes, but it was Sony who fired her, not YR. Then of course Sony hired her at Days.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 24 2013, 06:16 PM
mer4santo
camera shy
Mitchapalooza

Yes, but it was Sony who fired her, not YR. Then of course Sony hired her at Days.
Really? I thought it was the other way around and Y&R let her go. I could be confused though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jan 24 2013, 07:27 PM
blueskies
Jan 24 2013, 06:16 PM
mer4santo
camera shy

Really? I thought it was the other way around and Y&R let her go. I could be confused though.
As far as I know, after YR said they wouldn't share her with Days, Sony then took it upon themselves to end her contract with YR and offer her a new one at Days. At that point YR was SOL.

At least this is my understanding of what went down.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Regarding ownership, I don't know if they were ever bought out, but Corday Productions originally owned 1 percent of Young & Restless!! They might still. It was what was determined after the Bill Bell lawsuit, he had to stay on at Days for 5 years as a story consultant, and Corday Productions got to own 1 percent of YR.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Jason47
Jan 24 2013, 08:14 PM
Regarding ownership, I don't know if they were ever bought out, but Corday Productions originally owned 1 percent of Young & Restless!! They might still. It was what was determined after the Bill Bell lawsuit, he had to stay on at Days for 5 years as a story consultant, and Corday Productions got to own 1 percent of YR.
Actually I think Corday Productions is in the credits of YR, at least it used to be.

lysie
Member Avatar

Well, this one is a bit different.
Quote:

DrakeHogestyn
Hey@DeidreHall are we going to work together Monday on a show other than DOOL?

AFaithL

lysie
Jan 24 2013, 11:27 PM
Well, this one is a bit different.
Quote:

DrakeHogestyn
Hey@DeidreHall are we going to work together Monday on a show other than DOOL?
I give up trying to understand him. He must hate what he's about to film.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Drake Hogestyn

Thank you all for 26 amazing years! It's really all day to day. So stop, look around and enjoy the moment and people in your life you love.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Marth27: No way!!??!! Seriously? RT @DrakeHogestyn: Thank you all for 26 amazing years! It's really all day to day.
https://twitter.com/Marth27/status/294677368264597504

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Sounds ominous.

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

This better not be true. Damn it!

bomber
Member Avatar

Another male vet. Damn.

AFaithL

He's just trying to create drama for himself.

Ellie

If anyone doesn't realize, it's the anniversary of when Drake started on Days.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 25 2013, 01:04 AM
lol, yeah it sounded more like an appreciative reflection statement than it did a goodbye.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 25 2013, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the insight, Ellie. I was about to have a coronary - and then write some strongly worded notes on flowery stationary to Tomsell, Corday and Co. I have never watched Days when Drake and Deidre weren't on - and I sure as hell wasn't about to start now.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Wow for a moment there I thought he was a goner, never realising it's his anniversary! Phew, but he must think he's playing another man instead of John judging from the tweet to Deidre...

Still, happy anniversary Drake!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply