Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 22 2013, 11:54 AM (6,453 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

How apropos that baby-Will is crying here. It's like he saw what his childhood would be like.

james0479
Member Avatar

If it wasnt for Sami's hair in that pic, I wouldn't have known which baby that was!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Sami's hairstyle is really ugly today.
Edited by Panda Panda, Jan 22 2013, 01:06 PM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Good job Sami, revving Will up for a custody "fight"...because that's the only way you know how to resolve these things. Gabi is still Will's friend, right? Nick obviously wants Will out of the picture, but things haven't become acrimonious between Will and Gabi yet. Why can't they be allowed to sort this out like calm, rational, responsible people? (Because then it wouldn't be a soap, that's why.)

am103
Member Avatar

Ya know, there was a time when I would be rooting for Will in these little Sami/Will fights. But Sami is totally giving the better argument here. Will needs to stop being a little prick and step up for his child. Right now, I don't think ANY of those kids (and I mean KIDS, nobody here is acting like a young adult) are suited to parent a child.

Harmony233

JessicaLeigh
Jan 22 2013, 01:06 PM
Good job Sami, revving Will up for a custody "fight"...because that's the only way you know how to resolve these things. Gabi is still Will's friend, right? Nick obviously wants Will out of the picture, but things haven't become acrimonious between Will and Gabi yet. Why can't they be allowed to sort this out like calm, rational, responsible people? (Because then it wouldn't be a soap, that's why.)
sami's ridclous you'd think that how much the custody stuff hurt will she'd be urging will to try to get along for the babys sake

jam6242
Member Avatar

am103
Jan 22 2013, 01:08 PM
Ya know, there was a time when I would be rooting for Will in these little Sami/Will fights. But Sami is totally giving the better argument here. Will needs to stop being a little prick and step up for his child. Right now, I don't think ANY of those kids (and I mean KIDS, nobody here is acting like a young adult) are suited to parent a child.
Nick was actually a good father to those two little boys of the woman he married in Vegas (of course, that was the old Nick).

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Sami is making sense, but she's still not making sense! She's using her anger at Gabi and thrusting Will into a custody battle instead of just trying to find a peaceful resolution to the situation.

am103
Member Avatar

These Nicole/Gabi scenes are actually very good. I'm surprised. Camila Banus is very good in relaxed scenes. She's not very good at being dramatic, but her conversation scenes are always pretty good.

am103
Member Avatar

Anne Milbauer is my new favortie character. Meredith Scott Lynn is fantastic. Get this woman a storyline, stat!

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

am103
Some of what Sami is saying kind of makes sense, but I think that like with everything else her arguments are coming from a largely selfish place. She wants her grandchild in her life. She doesn't want any piece of property - er, member of her family - to escape her clutches, much like Kate and Stefano. She's not thinking about what Will wants and needs, or even having a two-sided conversation where both parties digest and reflect upon each other's perspectives. She's trying to talk him into making a decision that she wants him to make.

"The baby is not yours Mom, it's mine." Precisely, Will. Precisely.

Enjoying the Nicole/Gabi interaction.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Nick should be meeting with Justin to discuss weighty issues like custody with GABI present, and Justin should be pointing that out to him. He and Gabi aren't even married and he's taking meetings with lawyers about this without his pregnant partner? Lawd. He's utterly controlling and creepy. It was subtle at first, then more noticeable and now it's full throttle.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Jan 22 2013, 01:25 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Justin is so dreamy. I so wish he had a storyline right now :(

am103
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jan 22 2013, 01:15 PM
am103
Some of what Sami is saying kind of makes sense, but I think that like with everything else her arguments are coming from a largely selfish place. She wants her grandchild in her life. She doesn't want any piece of property - er, member of her family - to escape her clutches, much like Kate and Stefano. She's not thinking about what Will wants and needs, or even having a two-sided conversation where both parties digest and reflect upon each other's perspectives. She's trying to talk him into making a decision that she wants him to make.

"The baby is not yours Mom, it's mine." Precisely, Will. Precisely.

Enjoying the Nicole/Gabi interaction.

I wholeheartedly agree, except that I feel that this is the least selfish Sami has been in a very long time. Of course she wants her grandchild to be a part of her life, who wouldn't? It does get stretched on this show where almost every baby that is born is caught in a tug of war between a bunch of people, so I can understand that it seems like everyone has an agenda for this baby, but I just don't think Sami's agenda is as strong. Sami's scenes on Friday were much better at showing that than today's. Sami doesn't want Will to go down the same path in life that she did.

And if I haven't said it enough, Nick is an ASSHOLE! Good for Justin for telling him off!

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

The absurdity of recent parolee Nick, while cooking up schemes to get Will declared an unfit parent, flashing to Lucas saying he went to prison for Will...hey Nick, at least Will only ATTEMPTED murder. You were successful with yours.

am103
Member Avatar

Oh hey, there was Billie's scene for the week. Lol, they so dropped the ball with Lisa Rinna.

esp13
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jan 22 2013, 01:30 PM
The absurdity of recent parolee Nick, while cooking up schemes to get Will declared an unfit parent, flashing to Lucas saying he went to prison for Will...hey Nick, at least Will only ATTEMPTED murder. You were successful with yours.
I feel I've had this conversation before, but there is a big difference. Nick had a pill addiction, pled guilty to the crime, and served his sentence. He's also fulfilling the conditions of his parole. Will shot EJ, took no responsibility and, in fact, let his father go to jail for it. Yes, he was underage and yes that would be a factor, but it doesn't render the whole thing meaningless. I don't think it's absurd at all. Absolutely hypocritical and a bunch of levels, but not absurd or out of the realm of possibility.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 01:37 PM
JessicaLeigh
Jan 22 2013, 01:30 PM
I feel I've had this conversation before, but there is a big difference. Nick had a pill addiction, pled guilty to the crime, and served his sentence. He's also fulfilling the conditions of his parole. Will shot EJ, took no responsibility and, in fact, let his father go to jail for it. Yes, he was underage and yes that would be a factor, but it doesn't render the whole thing meaningless. I don't think it's absurd at all. Absolutely hypocritical and a bunch of levels, but not absurd or out of the realm of possibility.
I take your point. You're not wrong about Will's failure to take responsibility and Nick fulfilling the conditions of his parole.

I still consider it absurd. Especially given that he's doing this plotting and scheming while having no legal connection to Gabi or the baby yet, and is taking this meeting with an attorney without Gabi even present (she may not even have knowledge of it). The entire scenario is absurd and presumably intended to reflect how utterly controlling Nick is and how fixated he is on Gabi and the baby.

am103
Member Avatar

Nicole to Sami: "Oh hey, how's it goin', Granny?"

HA! This episode went from dull to must-see in about two seconds. Hoping this all leads to lots of Grammy Sami jokes from Nicole in the future!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply