Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 22 2013, 11:54 AM (6,261 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

PatNS
Jan 22 2013, 02:30 PM
I loved it when Justin told Nick to find himself another lawyer and then walked out on him.

Seriously - Sami is to the point of being unwatchable. The hypocrisy is just too, too much. And I almost fell out of my chair laughing when she declared to Will that EJ was the best person he could get advice from. Oh yeah, a rapist, a murderer, a kidnapper, a sociopath - all qualifiers for being a good advice giver I guess.
Not just that, does she forget all that Ej has done to her family, to her? Does she forget that Will shot to kill the guy? I'm sure WE are suppose to forget about all that right? Sami is seriously at the point of being unwatchable....if anyone is best for giving him advice it's his father, his grandmother, grandfather, anyone but EJ...but no she's so far up the guy's butt that her thinking has turned to crap.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

PatNS
I loved it when Justin told Nick to find himself another lawyer and then walked out on him.

Seriously - Sami is to the point of being unwatchable. The hypocrisy is just too, too much. And I almost fell out of my chair laughing when she declared to Will that EJ was the best person he could get advice from. Oh yeah, a rapist, a murderer, a kidnapper, a sociopath - all qualifiers for being a good advice giver I guess.

Nothing like those good old plot points to keep story moving. :rolleyes: Next week EJ will be the love of her life.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 22 2013, 02:55 PM
PatNS

Not just that, does she forget all that Ej has done to her family, to her? Does she forget that Will shot to kill the guy? I'm sure WE are suppose to forget about all that right? Sami is seriously at the point of being unwatchable....if anyone is best for giving him advice it's his father, his grandmother, grandfather, anyone but EJ...but no she's so far up the guy's butt that her thinking has turned to crap.
you forgot the times ej threaten to hurt will to sami

gailwinters
Member Avatar

The scenes of EJ and Will today made a lot of sense to me. Will is in a state of mind where he doesn't want to be told by either of his parents how he should feel or act or what he should do. EJ is someone who Will knows has enough skeletons lurking in his closet so that he isn't going to judge. Will also doesn't have to worry about disappointing EJ because they don't have that kind of relationship. He was able to be honest with EJ in a way that he probably couldn't be with anybody in his family. He needed to be able to talk to someone in order to get his thoughts in order. EJ served that purpose.

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 22 2013, 02:29 PM
I like this version of Sami. Sure, she's hypocritical, reactionary and jumping to incorrect conclusions, but she's playing the meddling mama bear role that I think is probably the role she should have on the show now. IMO, Sami has always been a better character (and AS a better actress) when she's playing an antagnositic, rather than a victim, role in a story. Sami's getting too old to be scheming to get a man, so scheming in relation to her kids seems to make sense as a direction for her. As I read it the write-up, she's reminding me a lot of the role that Kate played for years in regards to Lucas and Will. I just wish Gabi was a worthy adversary because the story could be GREAT then.
I think it would have been perfect if they hasn't spent the last few years trying to convince us she was their lead heroine.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

After Nicole and Gaby scenes in the church with Rafe overhearing... I so see RACOLE in the near horizon.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Loved all nicoles one liners today! I totally see racole hooking up in the near future

esp13
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 22 2013, 03:20 PM
tomsawyer
I like this version of Sami. Sure, she's hypocritical, reactionary and jumping to incorrect conclusions, but she's playing the meddling mama bear role that I think is probably the role she should have on the show now. IMO, Sami has always been a better character (and AS a better actress) when she's playing an antagnositic, rather than a victim, role in a story. Sami's getting too old to be scheming to get a man, so scheming in relation to her kids seems to make sense as a direction for her. As I read it the write-up, she's reminding me a lot of the role that Kate played for years in regards to Lucas and Will. I just wish Gabi was a worthy adversary because the story could be GREAT then.
I think it would have been perfect if they hasn't spent the last few years trying to convince us she was their lead heroine.
That's my biggest problem. They've spent the last few years making it clear that Sami is a heroine and, therefore, is in the right. When she shot EJ, she was in the right. When she lied to him about Sydney/Grace, she was in the right. She and Rafe were the new supercouple. She was the best mother ever. Even notdeadbabysex was justified and understandable according to the show.

So, everything I've seen in the last few years makes me believe I'm supposed to think Sami is right when she attacked Gabi and in everything she's said in defending Will. And that's just bullshit. Everybit as much bullshit as when she shot EJ and lied about the baby. So, unless the show makes it clear that Sami is the antagonist and is the "villain" much like Kate has always been when it comes to meddling in her kids lives, then this is all just more crap.

AFaithL

greeneyedgirl
Jan 22 2013, 03:23 PM
After Nicole and Gaby scenes in the church with Rafe overhearing... I so see RACOLE in the near horizon.
Good. Maybe this will wake Eric up to the fact that he is in love with Nicole. And he can start pursuing her.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I would have liked the Will scenes much better if he was talking with Marlena. It would have played more true for me if Will was opening up to someone we knew he really trusted. This was disappointing because if felt plot driven over character driven.

Thank you Carolyn for Nicole's spunky dialogue today. It feels as though the old Nicole is re-emerging and I love it! Also enjoyed the Nicole/Gabi heart-to-heart although I felt the scene was definitely slanted more toward Rafe being appreciative and impressed with this side of Nicole. I'm okay with that because it builds even more reason for Nicole and Rafe to remain friends and I like their relationship.

I find it odd that Rafe hasn't searched out Will to have a conversation about the baby. I would think being a 'fact man' Rafe would be eager to hear Will's side of things. I like how tender and supportive he is of his messed up lil sister, but he's also always had a decent relationship with Will so it makes no sense he wouldn't want to hear him out.

Sami was a hot mess. Will needs to feel what he feels and come to his own decisions to be right with it all. Sami gearing him up for a custody battle reverts her back to the selfish brat instead of compassionate mother - everything must be a fight and Will knows only too well what that means to the innocent child.

I guess reverting Sami is the name of the game in the way she went off on Rafe for having sympathy and sticking up for his pregnant sister. Throwing past crimes against Nick and Gabi as reasons why they are unfit is quite the laugh considering the source and Ej as the man she is always touting as the world's best father. Okay Sami, whatever. She really needs to take her blah, blah, blah off somewhere else. She tires me.

I like devious Chloe, but man her purposes would have been so much better suited for Brady. Daniel just isn't interesting.

It was so cool to see Justin get gradually more uncomfortable with Nick and then finally throw his money back on the table. Excellent scene.

I'm interested to see more of Nick's prison back story to understand more of where he is coming from. Right now he's just appalling me with this obsessive drive to cut Will out.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jan 22 2013, 03:13 PM
The scenes of EJ and Will today made a lot of sense to me. Will is in a state of mind where he doesn't want to be told by either of his parents how he should feel or act or what he should do. EJ is someone who Will knows has enough skeletons lurking in his closet so that he isn't going to judge. Will also doesn't have to worry about disappointing EJ because they don't have that kind of relationship. He was able to be honest with EJ in a way that he probably couldn't be with anybody in his family. He needed to be able to talk to someone in order to get his thoughts in order. EJ served that purpose.
oh please will could talk with marlena more

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Great show today with a typically strong Carolyn Culliton script.

I love how all the teams behind Will and Gabi are starting to line up. I have to say adding Nicole to #TeamGabi was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. With the competition they're going up against, Nicole is going to be a good asset. And their conversation played really naturally too. Nicole's granny line to Sami was awesome. I always love a Sole fight.

Ejill was great too. It makes sense that Will would feel more comfortable telling everything to EJ rather than his family. They're close enough, but Will also has no need or desire to impress EJ, so he can be honest without fear of disappointment or judgment. And I thought EJ's reaction was good too. He didn't try to parent Will, he just listened which I thought was appropriate.

I continue not to give a shit about Dannifer, but Anne and Chloe are managing to make this story slightly entertaining. I'm so rooting for them to make Jen go insane. If the didn't make Jen and Dan so icky after Jack's death, I might actually be enjoying this . As it is, I can just tolerate.

Like I said upthread, I think irrational, meddling mama is the right role for Sami. I wish they would've taken her in this direction years ago. She's so much more entertaining when she's antagonizing rather than weeping. Her scenes with Will were great and even though her reaction to Rafe was OTT, it at least feels like an issue Sami would be OTT about.

Yay for Justin giving Nick his money back. It's obvious that Nick is going to be a villain in this story, but kudos to BB for not letting Nick turn into a cartoon thus far. I'm hoping what he reveals to Gabi about his time in prison further explains his motivations.

michelle
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 03:49 PM
lysie
tomsawyer
That's my biggest problem. They've spent the last few years making it clear that Sami is a heroine and, therefore, is in the right. When she shot EJ, she was in the right. When she lied to him about Sydney/Grace, she was in the right. She and Rafe were the new supercouple. She was the best mother ever. Even notdeadbabysex was justified and understandable according to the show.

So, everything I've seen in the last few years makes me believe I'm supposed to think Sami is right when she attacked Gabi and in everything she's said in defending Will. And that's just bullshit. Everybit as much bullshit as when she shot EJ and lied about the baby. So, unless the show makes it clear that Sami is the antagonist and is the "villain" much like Kate has always been when it comes to meddling in her kids lives, then this is all just more crap.
Has the show done this with Sami, cause I don't see that at all?

I see that they've done this with Rafe, but never Sami.

(Did you think when she was trying to bash Arianna's head in with a paperweight that she was "right" or justified in trying to hide her secret of shooting EJ?)

I guess I just see her as a "flawed" character trying to do better, yet still making mistakes because she never thinks anything through. She just reacts in the moment.

I "get" her attacking Gabi, doesn't mean I think she's right in doing so. I understand her "anger" at the situation as a whole and wanting to blame someone. Even if there really is no one to blame.

On another note, I think there is a bird trapped in my office, so I'm going to go and see about that.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 22 2013, 02:53 PM
How does she expect Rafe to act in this? Does she expect Rafe to abandon his sister, throw her to the wolves and be on her and Will's side here? It makes no sense, especially when they pretty much had Rafe present at the abortion and he knew that Will drove her there. This is just so lame...and I'm not even a Rafe fan, but still.
That's exactly what he did to Arianna when covering for Sami.

Threw sissy right under the bus.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
tomsawyer
BINGO!

esp13
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 22 2013, 04:03 PM
esp13
lysie
tomsawyer

Has the show done this with Sami, cause I don't see that at all?

I see that they've done this with Rafe, but never Sami.

(Did you think when she was trying to bash Arianna's head in with a paperweight that she was "right" or justified in trying to hide her secret of shooting EJ?)

I guess I just see her as a "flawed" character trying to do better, yet still making mistakes because she never thinks anything through. She just reacts in the moment.

I "get" her attacking Gabi, doesn't mean I think she's right in doing so. I understand her "anger" at the situation as a whole and wanting to blame someone. Even if there really is no one to blame.

On another note, I think there is a bird trapped in my office, so I'm going to go and see about that.
I didn't think she was right in any of it, but I think the show portrayed her that way. EJ was going to take her kids and she was at the end of her rope, so she was justified in shooting him in the head. And EJ was the bastard for taking the kids and forcing her to tell Johnny she didn't love him. Same with the notdeadbabysex. I thought Arianna was portrayed as the bad guy because she was going to rat out Sami. Will and Rafe were the good guys for protecting Sami. Another comparison is that Sami was the good guy for lying about her pregnancy, but EJ was the evildoer for kidnapping Sydney.

Now, if Sami actually gets some comeuppance this time around (like Will disowning her or something), then I might buy that her role has changed and be glad for it. But without that, it's just the same old BS.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
lysie
tomsawyer

Hopefully they will. Changing her role in the story from victim to antagonist (at least that's how I see it) is the right move IMO. Now they need to build the proper characterizations of her actions through her interactions with some of the show's unquestionable heroes. Tomorrow's fight with Adrienne would be a good place to start.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SoapGal1
Jan 22 2013, 04:13 PM
LuvingLumi
How does she expect Rafe to act in this? Does she expect Rafe to abandon his sister, throw her to the wolves and be on her and Will's side here? It makes no sense, especially when they pretty much had Rafe present at the abortion and he knew that Will drove her there. This is just so lame...and I'm not even a Rafe fan, but still.

and they have had Rafe mention more times than not lately that she is all he has left in town, that Dario is gone and that Arianna is dead. It's more reason for him NOT to repeat what he did with Arianna, especially given how Sami repaid him for that.....I just wish the writers would write more of that into the dialogue, it would make so much sense. I would love a fight between Safe that actually mentions that, that he was willing to cover for her, and to basically forget he had a sister when his sister was going to come clean about what she did to EJ. But he won't do that anymore, because Sami isn't worth it, given how she showed her gratitude to him in the end.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 22 2013, 04:13 PM
LuvingLumi

LOL, pretty much. If history is her guide, I don't know why Sami would expect Rafe to be anything other than on her side, even if it is to the detriment of his sister.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
tomsawyer
If they're willing to forget that happened, I'm certainly not going to argue.

The ejill scenes were very good. I'm glad that Will got a chance to just talk and sort out his feelings with someone who knows what it's like to be separated from their kids and who doesn't really have a dog in the fight. I did roll my eyes a bit at Will's shock that EJ was helping him, though. The recent team ejill story just happened. EJ hiring a lawyer was nice, but if Will decides he wants to use the lawyer to fight for custody instead of draw up an adoption agreement, I hope EJ reminds him that they can make the case go in Will's favor.

I missed the reason why Daniel went from angry at Jen to groveling to her. And even though it's unlike Chloe, I do have to admit I'm enjoying seeing her organize a scam. I also like her connection with Anne.

It was surprising that Sami brought up Gabi's crimes; gives me hope that the whole story is going to come out and blow up in Gabi's face.

Good for Justin for turning Nick down.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply