Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 22 2013, 11:54 AM (6,308 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 22 2013, 04:03 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 03:49 PM
lysie
Jan 22 2013, 03:20 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 22 2013, 02:29 PM
I like this version of Sami. Sure, she's hypocritical, reactionary and jumping to incorrect conclusions, but she's playing the meddling mama bear role that I think is probably the role she should have on the show now. IMO, Sami has always been a better character (and AS a better actress) when she's playing an antagnositic, rather than a victim, role in a story. Sami's getting too old to be scheming to get a man, so scheming in relation to her kids seems to make sense as a direction for her. As I read it the write-up, she's reminding me a lot of the role that Kate played for years in regards to Lucas and Will. I just wish Gabi was a worthy adversary because the story could be GREAT then.
I think it would have been perfect if they hasn't spent the last few years trying to convince us she was their lead heroine.
That's my biggest problem. They've spent the last few years making it clear that Sami is a heroine and, therefore, is in the right. When she shot EJ, she was in the right. When she lied to him about Sydney/Grace, she was in the right. She and Rafe were the new supercouple. She was the best mother ever. Even notdeadbabysex was justified and understandable according to the show.

So, everything I've seen in the last few years makes me believe I'm supposed to think Sami is right when she attacked Gabi and in everything she's said in defending Will. And that's just bullshit. Everybit as much bullshit as when she shot EJ and lied about the baby. So, unless the show makes it clear that Sami is the antagonist and is the "villain" much like Kate has always been when it comes to meddling in her kids lives, then this is all just more crap.
Has the show done this with Sami, cause I don't see that at all?

I see that they've done this with Rafe, but never Sami.

(Did you think when she was trying to bash Arianna's head in with a paperweight that she was "right" or justified in trying to hide her secret of shooting EJ?)

I guess I just see her as a "flawed" character trying to do better, yet still making mistakes because she never thinks anything through. She just reacts in the moment.

I "get" her attacking Gabi, doesn't mean I think she's right in doing so. I understand her "anger" at the situation as a whole and wanting to blame someone. Even if there really is no one to blame.

On another note, I think there is a bird trapped in my office, so I'm going to go and see about that.
Michelle. Seriously. You've complained about the show doing this to Sami WITH us.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Jan 22 2013, 04:42 PM
It was surprising that Sami brought up Gabi's crimes; gives me hope that the whole story is going to come out and blow up in Gabi's face.
Me too. Although I also hope that, at the same time, that EJ's role in stealing the Black pension fund money and framing John is also revealed, along with the fact that Sami shot EJ in the head (well, revealed to all of Salem and Stefano), that Rafe covered up her crime, and that Will tried to kill EJ.

Might as well get all the dirt out at once so they can stop pretending to be superior people. Hell, at this point, Nick's the best of the bunch. At least he pled guilty and served his time.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

I take a hot mess Sami over an boring Sami anytime... :P
Edited by DayDreamer, Jan 22 2013, 04:57 PM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

I'm actually enjoying Sami right now. I think she is more in character than I've seen in a long time. As much as I love Will, I think she was right in most of her conversation with him. Yes, it is his baby and he doesn't want her taking over but...I think she was right about him not really having it sink in yet. Until he sees the sonogram, or the baby's heartbeat, etc...I don't think he really knows what he may be missing yet. I just don't think it has hit him wholeheartedly. I loved that we actually got to hear from him today with EJ. I've been waiting for him to actually open up to someone...I really didn't care who it was...I just needed to hear some of that. I can see him opening up to Marlena...but I think others have hit the nail on the head. He doesn't have to worry about how he may look to EJ, so it was easier to open up. I like the way everything is playing out so far...with one exception. Where in the hell is Sonny in all this?! He should be involved WAY more than he is so far..unless they are just trying to stretch out the angst and anticipation of Will/Sonny scenes. I don't know. I just know I miss Sonny in all this.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Oh Gabzilla, God might forgive you but I refuse to forgive you for being one of the most boring characters on this show.

You & your brother.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Oh sweet lord, Sami still has on her hot pants.

But, I kind of like her hair.

We won't even discuss that shirt.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Look, it's crazy eyes & dead eyes.

JUSTIN!!!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I think Sami & Nicole are changing roles.

EJILL!!!

Who gives a rats ass about Daniel & Jennifer?

Chloe & Anne on the other hand....

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 04:54 PM
six
It was surprising that Sami brought up Gabi's crimes; gives me hope that the whole story is going to come out and blow up in Gabi's face.
Me too. Although I also hope that, at the same time, that EJ's role in stealing the Black pension fund money and framing John is also revealed, along with the fact that Sami shot EJ in the head (well, revealed to all of Salem and Stefano), that Rafe covered up her crime, and that Will tried to kill EJ.

Might as well get all the dirt out at once so they can stop pretending to be superior people. Hell, at this point, Nick's the best of the bunch. At least he pled guilty and served his time.
Doesn't everybody already know Sami shot EJ in the head and that Rafe covered it up? I'm 90% sure they do. IDK about the basic black story, but I think the Will story is sure to come out soon.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Okay, Ann needs to be on contract, stat.

Oh sheesh. The Hernandi. Who's ass do I need to kiss to get rid of them??

Sami barreling across the room to hug Will is just funny.

Grace isn't her middle name.

I'm gonna Fangirl here for a minute, I love EJ & Will's dynamic.

Alana
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 22 2013, 05:12 PM
Oh Gabzilla, God might forgive you but I refuse to forgive you for being one of the most boring characters on this show.

You & your brother.
...and Daniel, and Jennifer, and Maggie, and Abigail, and Hope, and Kayla, and Abe, and all of the Kiriakesis, plus Stefano and most of his descendants...and I am sure I forgot a lot of other pitiful characters...big YAWN!

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Jan 22 2013, 05:22 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 04:54 PM
six

Doesn't everybody already know Sami shot EJ in the head and that Rafe covered it up? I'm 90% sure they do. IDK about the basic black story, but I think the Will story is sure to come out soon.
I'm pretty sure only EJ, Sami, Rafe, and Will actually know. I'm sure Kate suspects because she gave Sami the heads up about EJ's plan. But Stefano doesn't know. None of the Brady's know, although I think Bo and Hope had suspicions. And Gabi and Nick don't know. Which is really who I would like to find out. I'd also like Gabi to find out that Arianna knew and then died. I know it's not Sami and Will's fault, but if Sami is going to hurl false accusations, Gabi should get to do the same.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Justin rocking the house!!

Loving this EJILL scene.

Lips is leaving a voicemail for nose.

And orange is mad.

Enter deer in headlights.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Oh hell, it's Ruffles Sherlock & Grayhair Holmes on the case.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Oh c'mon EJ, you know you're helping Will cause you like him, you really like him.

And we're back to the boring siblings.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

BAAA!!

Nicole just single line stole the show!

"How's it going there granny??"

I'm literally crying over here.

Alana
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 22 2013, 05:56 PM

Enter deer in headlights.
LMAO
I wish there was a Emmy Award for this category...SHE would win it spotless!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Oh soap god in the chapel,

I promise to be a good soap fan if you'll just strike down ole dead eyes right there at the altar.

In the name of all that's sacred on soaps,

Soapy

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Jennifer looks like she could be Chloe's grandma.

jaygal
Member Avatar

Nicole is fab.
Nick is still an arse but I can't get all "Team Will", it feels like supporting Sami. That's not gonna happen.
However, "Team Chloe & Anne" for the win.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply