Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 22 2013, 11:54 AM (6,167 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I'm fond of hypocritical Sami.

It suits her.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 05:49 PM
six
Jan 22 2013, 05:22 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 04:54 PM
six
Jan 22 2013, 04:42 PM
It was surprising that Sami brought up Gabi's crimes; gives me hope that the whole story is going to come out and blow up in Gabi's face.
Me too. Although I also hope that, at the same time, that EJ's role in stealing the Black pension fund money and framing John is also revealed, along with the fact that Sami shot EJ in the head (well, revealed to all of Salem and Stefano), that Rafe covered up her crime, and that Will tried to kill EJ.

Might as well get all the dirt out at once so they can stop pretending to be superior people. Hell, at this point, Nick's the best of the bunch. At least he pled guilty and served his time.
Doesn't everybody already know Sami shot EJ in the head and that Rafe covered it up? I'm 90% sure they do. IDK about the basic black story, but I think the Will story is sure to come out soon.
I'm pretty sure only EJ, Sami, Rafe, and Will actually know. I'm sure Kate suspects because she gave Sami the heads up about EJ's plan. But Stefano doesn't know. None of the Brady's know, although I think Bo and Hope had suspicions. And Gabi and Nick don't know. Which is really who I would like to find out. I'd also like Gabi to find out that Arianna knew and then died. I know it's not Sami and Will's fault, but if Sami is going to hurl false accusations, Gabi should get to do the same.
Bo knows. He encouraged Rafe to have a quickie wedding so Rafe wouldn't have to testify against Sami, so he knows about Rafe's involvement, too. Roman, Caroline and Brady also know about the shooting.
Edited by six, Jan 22 2013, 06:29 PM.

Ireland98

There needs to be a big dramatic scene involving Sami, Rafe, EJ, Will, Sonny, Chad, Abigail, Nick, & Gabi where all of the following is revealed:
Sami shooting EJ and how it led to Arianna's death
Will shooting EJ
Gabi's role in the Melanie kidnapping/Daysaster/Jack's death
Nick's homophobic views

And then let the madness commence. :popcorn:

Ireland98

am103
Jan 22 2013, 01:14 PM
These Nicole/Gabi scenes are actually very good. I'm surprised. Camila Banus is very good in relaxed scenes. She's not very good at being dramatic, but her conversation scenes are always pretty good.
Nicole being on Team Gabi/Rafe could be interesting. Nicole also knows the truth about how Will shot EJ, their blackmail, and when Will stole Abe's jobs plan during the Mayor campaign. All reasons for why Will would be an unfit parent.

I don't know if Nicole will play much of a role in this since she's going to have the Brady/Kristen/Eric stuff going on, but it would be cool if she revealed her info to someone. That could lead to a Sami/Nicole smackdown, which are always fun.

Nick, Gabi, and Will have all committed shady actions, so it'll all probably be a wash anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the baby is born, everyone gets along and they just decide on joint custody.

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Jan 22 2013, 06:14 PM
esp13
six
esp13

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Doesn't everybody already know Sami shot EJ in the head and that Rafe covered it up? I'm 90% sure they do. IDK about the basic black story, but I think the Will story is sure to come out soon.
I'm pretty sure only EJ, Sami, Rafe, and Will actually know. I'm sure Kate suspects because she gave Sami the heads up about EJ's plan. But Stefano doesn't know. None of the Brady's know, although I think Bo and Hope had suspicions. And Gabi and Nick don't know. Which is really who I would like to find out. I'd also like Gabi to find out that Arianna knew and then died. I know it's not Sami and Will's fault, but if Sami is going to hurl false accusations, Gabi should get to do the same.
Bo knows. He encouraged Rafe to have a quickie wedding so Rafe wouldn't have to testify against Sami, so he knows about Rafe's involvement, too. Roman, Caroline and Brady also know about the shooting.
They know that Sami shot EJ? Hmm. I don't remember any of that. Nonetheless, the only person I really need to know is Gabi.

michelle
Member Avatar

lysie
michelle
Jan 22 2013, 04:03 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 03:49 PM
lysie
Jan 22 2013, 03:20 PM

That's my biggest problem. They've spent the last few years making it clear that Sami is a heroine and, therefore, is in the right. When she shot EJ, she was in the right. When she lied to him about Sydney/Grace, she was in the right. She and Rafe were the new supercouple. She was the best mother ever. Even notdeadbabysex was justified and understandable according to the show.

So, everything I've seen in the last few years makes me believe I'm supposed to think Sami is right when she attacked Gabi and in everything she's said in defending Will. And that's just bullshit. Everybit as much bullshit as when she shot EJ and lied about the baby. So, unless the show makes it clear that Sami is the antagonist and is the "villain" much like Kate has always been when it comes to meddling in her kids lives, then this is all just more crap.
Has the show done this with Sami, cause I don't see that at all?

I see that they've done this with Rafe, but never Sami.

(Did you think when she was trying to bash Arianna's head in with a paperweight that she was "right" or justified in trying to hide her secret of shooting EJ?)

I guess I just see her as a "flawed" character trying to do better, yet still making mistakes because she never thinks anything through. She just reacts in the moment.

I "get" her attacking Gabi, doesn't mean I think she's right in doing so. I understand her "anger" at the situation as a whole and wanting to blame someone. Even if there really is no one to blame.

On another note, I think there is a bird trapped in my office, so I'm going to go and see about that.
Michelle. Seriously. You've complained about the show doing this to Sami WITH us.
You're right.

I guess I was just trying to disagree with a point neither of you were trying to make, which was even though the show/writers have been writing/promoting her as always right/a heroine/whatever, I have NEVER found her to be and I HATE that they ruin her character by trying to make her this way.

esp13
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 22 2013, 07:01 PM
lysie
michelle
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 03:49 PM

Has the show done this with Sami, cause I don't see that at all?

I see that they've done this with Rafe, but never Sami.

(Did you think when she was trying to bash Arianna's head in with a paperweight that she was "right" or justified in trying to hide her secret of shooting EJ?)

I guess I just see her as a "flawed" character trying to do better, yet still making mistakes because she never thinks anything through. She just reacts in the moment.

I "get" her attacking Gabi, doesn't mean I think she's right in doing so. I understand her "anger" at the situation as a whole and wanting to blame someone. Even if there really is no one to blame.

On another note, I think there is a bird trapped in my office, so I'm going to go and see about that.
Michelle. Seriously. You've complained about the show doing this to Sami WITH us.
You're right.

I guess I was just trying to disagree with a point neither of you were trying to make, which was even though the show/writers have been writing/promoting her as always right/a heroine/whatever, I have NEVER found her to be and I HATE that they ruin her character by trying to make her this way.
Right. But as lysie has said before, Sami's behavior hasn't changed over the last few years, the way the show treats it has. And that aspect has not changed yet. Which is why it is frustrating to see her get praised to the nines for the same shit she's been doing simply because it's directed at Rafe/Gabi instead of at EJ.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i'm team Rafe here. Can't say I'm the guy's biggest supporter, but heck if Sami isn't more delusional than ever. She remembers her own son shot EJ in the back, yes?

Anyway, I just wish all of the "adults" would stay out of Will and Gabi's business and leave them the heck alone. Now I admit, I prefer hypocritical Sami to sainthood Sami anyday, but it does wear on one after a while...

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 06:58 PM
six
esp13
six

They know that Sami shot EJ? Hmm. I don't remember any of that. Nonetheless, the only person I really need to know is Gabi.
Yes. That's why there was a lot of people who were annoyed that the SPD was covering things up.

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 07:11 PM
michelle
lysie
michelle

You're right.

Right. But as lysie has said before, Sami's behavior hasn't changed over the last few years, the way the show treats it has. And that aspect has not changed yet. Which is why it is frustrating to see her get praised to the nines for the same shit she's been doing simply because it's directed at Rafe/Gabi instead of at EJ.
The fact that Rafe isn't backing Sami on this is a big example of Sami's behavior not getting the treatment it used to during the DH years.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 22 2013, 07:39 PM
esp13
six
esp13

Yes. That's why there was a lot of people who were annoyed that the SPD was covering things up.

esp13
michelle
lysie

You're right.

The fact that Rafe isn't backing Sami on this is a big example of Sami's behavior not getting the treatment it used to during the DH years.

Rafe was never the character that made that a problem for me. I don't find him significant enough, lol.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 22 2013, 07:26 PM
i'm team Rafe here. Can't say I'm the guy's biggest supporter, but heck if Sami isn't more delusional than ever. She remembers her own son shot EJ in the back, yes?

Anyway, I just wish all of the "adults" would stay out of Will and Gabi's business and leave them the heck alone. Now I admit, I prefer hypocritical Sami to sainthood Sami anyday, but it does wear on one after a while...
Gabi and Will have, when not being influenced by others, shown that they care about each other. She respected Will's desire to know his child enough to make the godfather offer. He respects her enough to want to do what is right by her, although he isn't always sure what that is.

There's been nothing onscreen that indicates the two couldn't sit down with a counselor and work out a custody arrangement. I know for drama's sake, that's not going to happen, at least for awhile. But I think the show has gone out of its way to make it the influence of others that's causing the friction. I still can't get over what idiots Sami and Rafe were (both of them) when they found out.

But I'm guessing that eventually, Gabi and Will are just going to work things out. I do wish Sonny was more involved though. Maybe he and Gabi can get trapped in a mountain cabin when she's about to give birth in classic soap style.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 22 2013, 07:40 PM
six
esp13
six

esp13
michelle

Rafe was never the character that made that a problem for me. I don't find him significant enough, lol.
I don't care about Rafe's stamp of approval either, but be that as it may, it was clear the show expected me to see him as the voice of what's right.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

esp13
six
esp13
six

They way they couldn't shut up about it (chatting about it in the middle of the Brady Pub like they were trading recipes), I'm more surprised by who doesn't know than who does. Everyone's more secretive about Alice's donut recipe and Caroline secret ingredient in her chowder.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah, as much sense as Sami is actually making, it's still 'Sami' lol ...

Today's episode was. I don't know. I like that characters seem to have some brains left. The whole Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe thing is ugh.

Loved Nicole calling Sami granny. LMAO.

I really really really do not like this EJ we're getting. At all.

Why do EJ and Nicole have to be stripped of any personality to be paired with Sami and Eric? I just don't get it. Especially with EJ because we all know ultimately that Sami and Rafe will get back together, EJ will become the villain. Again. And it's just wash, rinse, repeat, etc. I'm tired of it.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I am guilty of FF'ing plenty of Sami's scenes with both Rafe and EJ in the past but I did watch Sami's scenes with Rafe in the church today. So I was wondering when did Sami learn the truth about Gabi's connection to Melanie's kidnapping. She definitely seemed aware of it today. Did Rafe or EJ tell her? Or was this an out of the blue story development?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

six
Jan 22 2013, 07:50 PM
lysie
six
esp13

esp13

I don't care about Rafe's stamp of approval either, but be that as it may, it was clear the show expected me to see him as the voice of what's right.
More importantly, Bo knew and took action to help Sami and Rafe (he was the one who told them to marry so they wouldn't have to testify against each other). That made it pretty clear to me that we were supposed to be rooting Sami on.

Who knows if they will change their characterization of Sami's actions so she's more of an antagonist/villain? Pitting her against SuperRafe is certainly a step in that direction, but they need to do more. And I hope they do. It certainly suits her better.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jan 22 2013, 08:02 PM
I am guilty of FF'ing plenty of Sami's scenes with both Rafe and EJ in the past but I did watch Sami's scenes with Rafe in the church today. So I was wondering when did Sami learn the truth about Gabi's connection to Melanie's kidnapping. She definitely seemed aware of it today. Did Rafe or EJ tell her? Or was this an out of the blue story development?
She knows that Gabi did something that could have resulted in her going to jail, but she doesn't know what. At least she wasn't told on camera what it was.

six
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jan 22 2013, 08:02 PM
No, it actually happened. She doesn't know the details, but Sami overheard Chad and EJ arguing, then she went to Chad's apartment and worked him until he told her that Gabi had done something that could land her in jail.

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 22 2013, 08:05 PM
six
lysie
six

More importantly, Bo knew and took action to help Sami and Rafe (he was the one who told them to marry so they wouldn't have to testify against each other). That made it pretty clear to me that we were supposed to be rooting Sami on.

Who knows if they will change their characterization of Sami's actions so she's more of an antagonist/villain? Pitting her against SuperRafe is certainly a step in that direction, but they need to do more. And I hope they do. It certainly suits her better.
It would also help if they'd let her portrayer in on it.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 22 2013, 08:09 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 22 2013, 08:05 PM
six
lysie

It would also help if they'd let her portrayer in on it.
LOL. Well, I always think Sami comes across as pretty unsympathetic/not heroic because of how AS plays her, so I'm not sure how much she needs to change her acting. I'd just like to see the writing match her acting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply