Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 22 2013, 11:54 AM (6,173 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 22 2013, 08:15 PM
lysie
Jan 22 2013, 08:09 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 22 2013, 08:05 PM
six
Jan 22 2013, 07:50 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
More importantly, Bo knew and took action to help Sami and Rafe (he was the one who told them to marry so they wouldn't have to testify against each other). That made it pretty clear to me that we were supposed to be rooting Sami on.

Who knows if they will change their characterization of Sami's actions so she's more of an antagonist/villain? Pitting her against SuperRafe is certainly a step in that direction, but they need to do more. And I hope they do. It certainly suits her better.
It would also help if they'd let her portrayer in on it.
LOL. Well, I always think Sami comes across as pretty unsympathetic/not heroic because of how AS plays her, so I'm not sure how much she needs to change her acting. I'd just like to see the writing match her acting.
Her interviewing...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

six
Jan 22 2013, 07:39 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 06:58 PM
six
Jan 22 2013, 06:14 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 05:49 PM

Bo knows. He encouraged Rafe to have a quickie wedding so Rafe wouldn't have to testify against Sami, so he knows about Rafe's involvement, too. Roman, Caroline and Brady also know about the shooting.
They know that Sami shot EJ? Hmm. I don't remember any of that. Nonetheless, the only person I really need to know is Gabi.
Yes. That's why there was a lot of people who were annoyed that the SPD was covering things up.

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 07:11 PM
michelle
Jan 22 2013, 07:01 PM
lysie
Jan 22 2013, 04:54 PM

You're right.

I guess I was just trying to disagree with a point neither of you were trying to make, which was even though the show/writers have been writing/promoting her as always right/a heroine/whatever, I have NEVER found her to be and I HATE that they ruin her character by trying to make her this way.
Right. But as lysie has said before, Sami's behavior hasn't changed over the last few years, the way the show treats it has. And that aspect has not changed yet. Which is why it is frustrating to see her get praised to the nines for the same shit she's been doing simply because it's directed at Rafe/Gabi instead of at EJ.
The fact that Rafe isn't backing Sami on this is a big example of Sami's behavior not getting the treatment it used to during the DH years.

And another thing - Marlenaa and Will's disapproval of Sami's actions has also helped. It's been a very long time since we've consistently seen Sami the heroine - a least a year.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 22 2013, 08:18 PM
six
esp13
six
Jan 22 2013, 06:14 PM

They know that Sami shot EJ? Hmm. I don't remember any of that. Nonetheless, the only person I really need to know is Gabi.
Yes. That's why there was a lot of people who were annoyed that the SPD was covering things up.

esp13
michelle
Jan 22 2013, 07:01 PM

Right. But as lysie has said before, Sami's behavior hasn't changed over the last few years, the way the show treats it has. And that aspect has not changed yet. Which is why it is frustrating to see her get praised to the nines for the same shit she's been doing simply because it's directed at Rafe/Gabi instead of at EJ.
The fact that Rafe isn't backing Sami on this is a big example of Sami's behavior not getting the treatment it used to during the DH years.

And another thing - Marlenaa and Will's disapproval of Sami's actions has also helped. It's been a very long time since we've consistently seen Sami the heroine - a least a year.
Personally, I don't think we've ever seen Sami the heroine. We've only seen Sami treated as a heroine by others. MarDar and TomSell both seem to want to play it both ways with her. Regardless, I think Higley and Sheffer spent so much time making her a fake heroine, that any work to the opposite needs to be REAL obvious. Having her head to head with Gabi didn't help at all.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 22 2013, 08:22 PM
six
six
esp13

esp13

Personally, I don't think we've ever seen Sami the heroine. We've only seen Sami treated as a heroine by others. MarDar and TomSell both seem to want to play it both ways with her. Regardless, I think Higley and Sheffer spent so much time making her a fake heroine, that any work to the opposite needs to be REAL obvious. Having her head to head with Gabi didn't help at all.
I think those two things are functionally the same. IMO, not having the known good guys rally around her when she's doing the wrong thing is enough to distinguish Sami the heroine from Sami the antagonist.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 22 2013, 08:39 PM
lysie
six
six

I think those two things are functionally the same. IMO, not having the known good guys rally around her when she's doing the wrong thing is enough to distinguish Sami the heroine from Sami the antagonist.
I wouldn't call Will a good guy, and Marlena wasn't around during most of the "heroine" talk anyway. For me, it needs to be people like Caroline, Winston, and Hope.

Ireland98

Honeybees
Jan 22 2013, 07:42 PM
blueskies
Jan 22 2013, 07:26 PM
i'm team Rafe here. Can't say I'm the guy's biggest supporter, but heck if Sami isn't more delusional than ever. She remembers her own son shot EJ in the back, yes?

Anyway, I just wish all of the "adults" would stay out of Will and Gabi's business and leave them the heck alone. Now I admit, I prefer hypocritical Sami to sainthood Sami anyday, but it does wear on one after a while...
Gabi and Will have, when not being influenced by others, shown that they care about each other. She respected Will's desire to know his child enough to make the godfather offer. He respects her enough to want to do what is right by her, although he isn't always sure what that is.

There's been nothing onscreen that indicates the two couldn't sit down with a counselor and work out a custody arrangement. I know for drama's sake, that's not going to happen, at least for awhile. But I think the show has gone out of its way to make it the influence of others that's causing the friction. I still can't get over what idiots Sami and Rafe were (both of them) when they found out.

But I'm guessing that eventually, Gabi and Will are just going to work things out. I do wish Sonny was more involved though. Maybe he and Gabi can get trapped in a mountain cabin when she's about to give birth in classic soap style.
Yeah, Will and Gabi have always been close and it's more of outside influences that are creating the issues (Nick, Sami, Rafe). Some of it is odd and sort of forced, such as WABI just not agreeing on joint custody from the get go or Rafe being against Will when they've always been close. But the way it's being set up does add to the drama and creates conflict for many characters I suppose.
I can see a big emotional scene for the childbirth (much like when Will was born). Will will be by Gabi's side for the delivery and many family member/friends will be there to support them. But that's months away and though some of the drama will be predictable until then, it could be fun to see it all unfold. Even though we predicted the NABI wedding fallout, it was still good stuff to watch.
Edited by Ireland98, Jan 22 2013, 08:49 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I really hate custody stories. I've always hated them. I dread watching every day now. When you add to that that I also loathe the Will/EJ dynamic, the Will/Sami dynamic, and the Gabi/Lysie dynamic...this story is killing me. I appreciate the fact that if they just let Will and Gabi talk it'd cut ALL of the drama out of this story, but my gosh. Butt out. I wonder if this is going to come back to bite all of them instead of just coming back to bite Will and Gabi. Will and Gabi who may be the two most passive soap characters I've ever seen in my life. Meanwhile, why is no one pointing out Sami's hypocrisy? Nicole, EJ, and Will all had absolutely perfect opportunities.

The Dannifer/Chloe stuff is stupid, and ONCE AGAIN a scheme came out way too quickly.

At one point, Rafe had several lines and he never once moved his mouth.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 22 2013, 08:45 PM

At one point, Rafe had several lines and he never once moved his mouth.
Well it just matches the rest of his face now.

:huh1:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
When you add to that that I also loathe the Will/EJ dynamic, the Will/Sami dynamic, and the Gabi/Lysie dynamic...this story is killing me.
I just want you to know that you hating the Will/EJ dynamic hurts me. DEEP.

I expected the EJ/Sami hate, and I'm okay with that but this Will/EJ hate could prove problematic for us.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 22 2013, 08:50 PM
lysie
When you add to that that I also loathe the Will/EJ dynamic, the Will/Sami dynamic, and the Gabi/Lysie dynamic...this story is killing me.

I expected the EJ/Sami hate, and I'm okay with that but this Will/EJ hate could prove problematic for us.
Well, it's not new, and we made it through the year.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 22 2013, 08:43 PM
six
lysie
six

I wouldn't call Will a good guy, and Marlena wasn't around during most of the "heroine" talk anyway. For me, it needs to be people like Caroline, Winston, and Hope.
I don't think Will is a good guy either, but at the time I'm talking about, he was a kid who said terrible things to his mom while other folks stood back and watched for the most part. That's not something that would happen to the heroine of the story. Marlena wasn't around during the heroine talk, but she is now, which is the time frame I'm talking about lol. If she had been around during the heroine period, I have no doubt she would have joined Bo, Roman etc. on team Sami is Right.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 22 2013, 08:51 PM
lysie
six
lysie

I don't think Will is a good guy either, but at the time I'm talking about, he was a kid who said terrible things to his mom while other folks stood back and watched for the most part. That's not something that would happen to the heroine of the story. Marlena wasn't around during the heroine talk, but she is now, which is the time frame I'm talking about lol. If she had been around during the heroine period, I have no doubt she would have joined Bo, Roman etc. on team Sami is Right.
It's not good enough for me.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 22 2013, 08:54 PM
six
lysie
six

That's too bad, because if it was, you could be getting entertained by sort of real Sami like I am.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 22 2013, 09:01 PM
lysie
Jan 22 2013, 08:54 PM
six
lysie

That's too bad, because if it was, you could be getting entertained by sort of real Sami like I am.
Not in a custody story. ;)

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
SoapGal1
Jan 22 2013, 08:50 PM
lysie

Well, it's not new, and we made it through the year.
This may be our angst.

esp13
Member Avatar

AS's trying not to cry or trying to cry or whatever the hell face that she keeps making is about enough to make me spork my eyes out. It's totally taking me out of even the not awful parts of the Will/Sami scene.

Adding Nicole to Team Gabi is the best thing ever.

OMG, thank you Will for finally telling the truth. He didn't get dragged kicking and screaming into the deal with Nick and Gabi, he saw it as a way out. He may have had doubts along the way, but it was his decision too.

Anne and Chloe are awesomeness. Nicole is extra-awesomeness.

I'm beginning to despise Jennifer and Maggie.

I wish somebody would punch Sami in the face.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

IMO Nicole & Gabi's conversation was the best scene of today's episode.
Sami means well, but Will isn't really listening to her. He is completely tuning her out.
EJ seems to be taking an interest in a possible custody battle. He may be able to influence Will.
If Will finally decides to fight for his baby, it will be extremely difficult with Nick in the mix.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 22 2013, 07:42 PM
blueskies
Jan 22 2013, 07:26 PM
i'm team Rafe here. Can't say I'm the guy's biggest supporter, but heck if Sami isn't more delusional than ever. She remembers her own son shot EJ in the back, yes?

Anyway, I just wish all of the "adults" would stay out of Will and Gabi's business and leave them the heck alone. Now I admit, I prefer hypocritical Sami to sainthood Sami anyday, but it does wear on one after a while...
Gabi and Will have, when not being influenced by others, shown that they care about each other. She respected Will's desire to know his child enough to make the godfather offer. He respects her enough to want to do what is right by her, although he isn't always sure what that is.

There's been nothing onscreen that indicates the two couldn't sit down with a counselor and work out a custody arrangement. I know for drama's sake, that's not going to happen, at least for awhile. But I think the show has gone out of its way to make it the influence of others that's causing the friction. I still can't get over what idiots Sami and Rafe were (both of them) when they found out.

But I'm guessing that eventually, Gabi and Will are just going to work things out. I do wish Sonny was more involved though. Maybe he and Gabi can get trapped in a mountain cabin when she's about to give birth in classic soap style.
I agree. If it was just Gabi and Will, they could work things out. But control freak Nick is stickin his ass in there like he has any real rights to that child. I don't even believe he cares about Gabi's rights. All he cares about is himself and how he can cut out Will. I know Will has made a ton of mistakes but I can't muster up 1 iota of sympathy for Nick. He's the LAST person who should be involved in this custody situation. From day 1 he's been forcing himself into the situation, mucking everything up.

Nick is clearly going off the deep end. I think the end game will be Gabi realizing that Nick is creepy and disturbed and will try to break it off. Then Nick will go all nutso again, probably kidnap her and the baby and will get thrown back into jail. Leaving Gabi and Will to eventually calm the eff down and talk like normal, mature adults.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thank you Justin! Tell that little homophobia asshat Nickass to stuff it.

Neither Willass and Nickass are worth being fathers to that child. They both suck.

LOL! Love Nicole calling Sami "Granny". Priceless.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 09:26 PM
I wish somebody would punch Sami in the face.
I bet we know someone who would happily do that for you.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply