Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 22 2013, 11:54 AM (6,381 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 22 2013, 09:58 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 09:26 PM
I wish somebody would punch Sami in the face.
I bet we know someone who would happily do that for you.
She's all talk and no follow through.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 10:00 PM
SoapGal1
esp13
Tell that to the wall I punched the other day.

esp13
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 22 2013, 10:04 PM
esp13
SoapGal1
esp13
Unless Sami is a wall, it doesn't count.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Re-watching the show right now...something I missed yesterday but have to note: Sami's mention of Will having sex with Gabi without a condom. She even said the word "condom". They've acknowledged condoms exist! And should be utilized! Well done, show. Well done.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I hope Sami will be remembering condoms when she's getting down and dirty with E.J. soon.

camera shy

JessicaLeigh
Jan 23 2013, 04:08 AM
I hope Sami will be remembering condoms when she's getting down and dirty with E.J. soon.
You beat me to the punch. :D

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Very good episode, my favorite Will / EJ so damn good. I really hope to see them in more scenes, Sami and Will was really good too! I must say that chemistry rule with these characters in the same scene!

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jan 22 2013, 03:13 PM
The scenes of EJ and Will today made a lot of sense to me. Will is in a state of mind where he doesn't want to be told by either of his parents how he should feel or act or what he should do. EJ is someone who Will knows has enough skeletons lurking in his closet so that he isn't going to judge. Will also doesn't have to worry about disappointing EJ because they don't have that kind of relationship. He was able to be honest with EJ in a way that he probably couldn't be with anybody in his family. He needed to be able to talk to someone in order to get his thoughts in order. EJ served that purpose.
chad would fit better so much better he been his he been friend longer there one bit agenda with frendship with chad about unlike ej when he want to score points and before will had dirt on him and chad own past with mia and her baby

ej is been force in the storyline the fact ej and will spend more time talking than marlena and will or will and lucas did last week which have been all plot to nick to hear it
they writers certainly think ej more important to be than lucas while lucas was only use to nick find dirt over will
sami and lucas are not Enemies now and she said she thing is good father and yet she sent ej to talk with will
ej been force in the story because they try to sell ej and sami as family unit of will while lucas as outsider
it does not matter who sami pair with the problem is when the show try sell pairing like they did rafe in past they had the kids woreship and sami and rafe were written as family unit for all sami kids while ej and luca as outsiders it suck than and it suck now

supercool74
Member Avatar

Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but....how did Daniel just change his tune regarding Jennifer so quickly? One minute he's pissed at her and the next he says he's sorry for doubting her. It's like they cut a scene somewhere. I can't stand them, but at least Chloe and Anne (and Nicole) are making it watchable. I really wish they would just drop this pairing though. So boring.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

I just watched it and I swear even Billie had more chemistry with Dr. Dirtbag than Haggifer. Nicole looked gorgeous today and even Miss Piggy had great hair and make up (although the leather pants and see through blouse when not out clubbing is a mystery). I think there may be a connection to Haggifer's awful hair and make up and MR's well publicized homophobia. LMAO but these people obviously know their job, they are just not doing her any favors! JMO

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

six
Jan 22 2013, 06:14 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 05:49 PM
six
Jan 22 2013, 05:22 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 04:54 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Doesn't everybody already know Sami shot EJ in the head and that Rafe covered it up? I'm 90% sure they do. IDK about the basic black story, but I think the Will story is sure to come out soon.
I'm pretty sure only EJ, Sami, Rafe, and Will actually know. I'm sure Kate suspects because she gave Sami the heads up about EJ's plan. But Stefano doesn't know. None of the Brady's know, although I think Bo and Hope had suspicions. And Gabi and Nick don't know. Which is really who I would like to find out. I'd also like Gabi to find out that Arianna knew and then died. I know it's not Sami and Will's fault, but if Sami is going to hurl false accusations, Gabi should get to do the same.
Bo knows. He encouraged Rafe to have a quickie wedding so Rafe wouldn't have to testify against Sami, so he knows about Rafe's involvement, too. Roman, Caroline and Brady also know about the shooting.
Nicole knows. She's the one that got the tape to EJ proving it. And I thought Brady knew about it as a result of that, too but I could be wrong on that.

I think Lucas mentioned knowing about it when he came back to town, too.

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jan 23 2013, 10:34 AM
six
Jan 22 2013, 06:14 PM
esp13
Jan 22 2013, 05:49 PM
six
Jan 22 2013, 05:22 PM

I'm pretty sure only EJ, Sami, Rafe, and Will actually know. I'm sure Kate suspects because she gave Sami the heads up about EJ's plan. But Stefano doesn't know. None of the Brady's know, although I think Bo and Hope had suspicions. And Gabi and Nick don't know. Which is really who I would like to find out. I'd also like Gabi to find out that Arianna knew and then died. I know it's not Sami and Will's fault, but if Sami is going to hurl false accusations, Gabi should get to do the same.
Bo knows. He encouraged Rafe to have a quickie wedding so Rafe wouldn't have to testify against Sami, so he knows about Rafe's involvement, too. Roman, Caroline and Brady also know about the shooting.
Nicole knows. She's the one that got the tape to EJ proving it. And I thought Brady knew about it as a result of that, too but I could be wrong on that.

I think Lucas mentioned knowing about it when he came back to town, too.
Yeah, Nicole is the one who told Brady. And Gabi went through a period of being angry with Sami over what happened to Ari and she suspected that Ari had played a part in Sami having to give EJ custody of the kids, but IDK if she ever connected all the dots to figure out that Sami shot EJ.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Why would Gabi care if Sami shot EJ? Because that would give her a reason to be pissed at the role that Rafe played in the cover-up?

Honeybees
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jan 23 2013, 04:06 AM
Re-watching the show right now...something I missed yesterday but have to note: Sami's mention of Will having sex with Gabi without a condom. She even said the word "condom". They've acknowledged condoms exist! And should be utilized! Well done, show. Well done.
Also, Will and Gabi used them the first time they had sex, and the show made a pretty big deal about it. So, Will and Gabi certainly should have known better.

I loved Justin, btw. Justin was never a stupid character, and I'm glad he picked up on Nick.

I do have a hard time, given EJ's history, seeing him be kind to Will. But I can fanwank that being Johnny and Sydney's father has mellowed him and that he would genuinely want his children's big brother to be protected. I enjoyed the scene for its own sake, especially Will's assertion that giving up his child was not the easy way out.

I could barely pay attention to Gabi and Rafe. Boring. That's a weak link in this story. While Nick, though he is being set up as the bad guy, is a very compelling on screen presence. He's even my favorite kind of villain, the kind they think they are the hero. But Gabi and Rafe, I don't care enough about them to pay close attention to their scenes. I went and refilled my coffee.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Jan 22 2013, 08:51 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 22 2013, 08:50 PM
lysie
Jan 22 2013, 08:45 PM
When you add to that that I also loathe the Will/EJ dynamic, the Will/Sami dynamic, and the Gabi/Lysie dynamic...this story is killing me.
I just want you to know that you hating the Will/EJ dynamic hurts me. DEEP.

I expected the EJ/Sami hate, and I'm okay with that but this Will/EJ hate could prove problematic for us.
Well, it's not new, and we made it through the year.
It's JANUARY :toetap:

esp13
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 23 2013, 10:44 AM
Why would Gabi care if Sami shot EJ? Because that would give her a reason to be pissed at the role that Rafe played in the cover-up?
Well that would be one reason. But mostly I think she'd care the next time Sami calls her a lying slut. I just want Gabi to have something to throw in Sami's face and that would be a good one, especially if she connected the dots (however incorrectly) and accused Sami of murdering Arianna. If she could also mention Sydney that would be great too, particularly sense Sami decided to hide her child from the world's greatest father.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 23 2013, 10:54 AM
tomsawyer
Jan 23 2013, 10:44 AM
Well that would be one reason. But mostly I think she'd care the next time Sami calls her a lying slut. I just want Gabi to have something to throw in Sami's face and that would be a good one, especially if she connected the dots (however incorrectly) and accused Sami of murdering Arianna. If she could also mention Sydney that would be great too, particularly sense Sami decided to hide her child from the world's greatest father.
Oh, okay.

I'm all for Gabi being a more worthy adversary to Sami. With her being the babymama of Sami's grandkid, as well as Rafe's sister, Gabi would be an ideal person for Sami to have a really contentious relationship with. But the story would be so much better if Gabi were a more dynamic character. Maybe this custody battle will bring out a feistier side of Gabi, but I'm getting the sense that it will just lead to more weeping.

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 22 2013, 10:05 PM
lysie
esp13
SoapGal1

Have you ever tried to talk to Sami? They're one in the same!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 23 2013, 11:21 AM
esp13
lysie
esp13

You've had conversations with Sami?

Were they kind of one sided?

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 23 2013, 11:26 AM
lysie
Jan 23 2013, 11:21 AM
esp13
lysie

You've had conversations with Sami?

Were they kind of one sided?
I yell at my television constantly.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply