Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Online AMC Cast/Crew List
Topic Started: Jan 22 2013, 04:50 PM (1,224 Views)
Tammy
Member Avatar

I thought we could make a sort of official Cast/Crew "mastor" list that could be added to in the future!

Los Angeles, Calif and New York, NY – January 22, 2013 – Prospect Park announced today that it has closed the following deals with cast members and production executives, with more deals expected to close in the coming weeks, for The Online Network’s production of “All My Children.”

Cast:

Darnell Williams as Jesse Hubbard

Debbi Morgan as Dr. Angela Hubbard

Vincent Irizarry as Dr. David Hayward

Lindsay Hartley as Cara Martin

Jordi Vilasuso as Griffin Castillo

Jill Larson as Opal Cortlandt

Thorsten Kaye as Zach Slater

Production:

Carole Shure, Production Executive for TOLN

Chris Savage, Unit Production Manager/Line Producer for “All My Children” and “One Life to Live”

About Prospect Park

Prospect Park is a media and production company founded in 2009 by entertainment industry veterans Jeffrey Kwatinetz and former Disney Studios head Rich Frank. Along with successful film and music divisions, the company’s television group has numerous shows in development and breakout network hits airing including “Royal Pains” and “Wilfred.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

AMC is looking pretty weak so far. :ermmmm:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I didn't know Thorsten Kaye was going to return to this AMC version.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I knew it would be harder for AMC, which is why I never understood people's early complaints that they were putting more effort into AMC. They NEED to. Having said that I don't think its weak at all. They probably do need to get Susan Lucci, but Debbi Morgan has already confirmed that they're working on getting Michael E. Knight. Since they have Opal I'm pretty sure they will be going after him and probably recasting Jake Martin if Ricky Paull Goldin doesn't want to join. Chrisell Stause has declined comment so far, leading me to believe they're at least talking to her.

Walt Willey has repeatedly said he hasn't been contacted yet, but I think they are going to base a lot of the cast on whether they secure Lucci. I still expect to see maybe Jack with Bobbie Eakes' Krystal if they can't get Lucci. There's plenty of people that they haven't even covered yet. The fact that they got Thorsten Kaye is totally shocking me, biggest shock of all of the casting news for both shows. I don't think he would be there without Alicia Minshew at least promising to drop in for the beginning of the show. That doesn't make sense. Very happy with the shape AMC is taking so far.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Although some of my favorites have signed on, if the ptb don't get Susan Lucci to
return I won't watch without her.
Edited by bellajewel, Jan 22 2013, 05:02 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Wrong thread.
Edited by Eric83, Jan 22 2013, 05:08 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Is is bad to say that I'd watch at least for awhile without Susan Lucci? :unsure:

KMan101
Member Avatar

Very happy to see Jill Larson! YAY! I'm shocked at least a few more AMCers haven't signed on. I know Erica and Susan are THE important person for AMC, but frankly, she shouldn't be. I love her, she is THE face but they should focus on getting a good show and not casting people whether or not Susan signs on. We can still get Bianca.

Most surprising to me was no Bianca, MEK or Cady. I really thought the latter two would sign on. Jackson CAN be viable without Erica if they even bothered to try. He has a whole side of family that can be utilized!

Thorsten was surprising to say the least LOL. I never thought he'd do it. I do fully expect Alicia and Cameron once they have some time from their current projects. I think they would have signed on if they weren't so busy. Cam pretty much admitted to that. Alicia I think really wants to but really wants to keep her options open and I can't blame her (at least that is the vibe she always gives off in interviews about it). I could see her recurring. I could also see Chrishell, honestly (recurring). I mean, seriously, what is she doing?
Edited by KMan101, Jan 22 2013, 05:19 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jan 22 2013, 04:56 PM
I knew it would be harder for AMC, which is why I never understood people's early complaints that they were putting more effort into AMC. They NEED to. Having said that I don't think its weak at all. They probably do need to get Susan Lucci, but Debbi Morgan has already confirmed that they're working on getting Michael E. Knight. Since they have Opal I'm pretty sure they will be going after him and probably recasting Jake Martin if Ricky Paull Goldin doesn't want to join. Chrisell Stause has declined comment so far, leading me to believe they're at least talking to her.

Walt Willey has repeatedly said he hasn't been contacted yet, but I think they are going to base a lot of the cast on whether they secure Lucci. I still expect to see maybe Jack with Bobbie Eakes' Krystal if they can't get Lucci. There's plenty of people that they haven't even covered yet. The fact that they got Thorsten Kaye is totally shocking me, biggest shock of all of the casting news for both shows. I don't think he would be there without Alicia Minshew at least promising to drop in for the beginning of the show. That doesn't make sense. Very happy with the shape AMC is taking so far.
:wub2:

Well said.

I'm with ya on all of it. A lot of the same thoughts crossed my mind. They DID need to put extra effort into AMC. Despite some talent, it's looking so weak. Yes, more casting is expected but it is quite sad that so many rushed back to OLTL yet everyone seems to be dragging their feet back to AMC.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Miss Rhi
Jan 22 2013, 05:14 PM
Is is bad to say that I'd watch at least for awhile without Susan Lucci? :unsure:
It's not bad to say, it's your opinion. but, SL is the staple of AMC. And, I think we will have to pay for watching. Even if the show was free, I wouldn't watch without
her.
Edited by bellajewel, Jan 22 2013, 05:29 PM.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I am a little disappointed more people didn't sign on with AMC yet but I guess I need to be happy with the people they have signed. I like the seven signed so far an awful lot but I was hoping we were going to also find out who was going to write AMC with this latest announcement too. But the press release did say more deals would be announced in the coming weeks.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

skiman12082004
Jan 22 2013, 05:32 PM
I am a little disappointed more people didn't sign on with AMC yet but I guess I need to be happy with the people they have signed. I like the seven signed so far an awful lot but I was hoping we were going to also find out who was going to write AMC with this latest announcement too. But the press release did say more deals would be announced in the coming weeks.
I'm with you on this, especially the writer part. I really don't want it to be Marlene McPherson. I don't know who I want because I want Lorraine Broderick and she's at DAYS right now. I just hope Agnes Nixon has a lot of input in her consultant role. I wish we knew a little more about AMC from this release, but I'm very happy with the news they released and I'm kinda glad it leaves some suspense. If these shows aren't going to start until April (according to Thom Racina) I like the idea of names leaking out randomly between now and when things are firmly set. It will keep it in the news.

KMan101
Member Avatar

According to SON, the AMC HW is already signed. No idea why PP won't release the information though.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

AMC better get Susan Lucci(Erica), Walt Willey(Jackson), Michael E. Knight(Tad), Cady McClain(Dixie), Alicia Minshew(Kendall), Cornelius Smith Jr(Frankie) & Christina Bennett-Lind(Bianca). If not AMC may just be an epic fail. I'd also like Cameron Mathison(Ryan) & Rebecca Budig(Greenlee) on the show too.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I don't know if I will watch the AMC re-boot... the show wasn't watchable for me the last few years it was on.

And IMO Susan Lucci / Erica Kane are highly over rated. I only ever liked Erica back when she was with Dimitri lol. But she was always the "face" of the show... don't know how it would fare without her. :shrug:
Edited by Tammy, Jan 23 2013, 12:06 AM.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

So far they have a good number of vets, who are still young enough to carry story. They'll probably have to recast a lot of the younger roles, but that's okay. I would recast Kendall and rest Ryan and Greenlee and just introduce new 30-something characters. The biggest hurdle will be getting Susan Lucci, but she simply might be too busy with her other two series. I would try and get her for guest spots. As long as Bianca and Kendall are around, they can carry the torch for a while.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah, I just feel like they're letting Susan hold them up shoring up the rest of the cast. They DON'T need her to still cast/add characters like Bianca (who I thought for sure we'd see listed), even Jack, etc.

We'll see. I just find the AMC news and list very discouraging. I mean, there's still time, I don't think they are even starting to tape until sometime in late February, but who knows, I don't think that's been confirmed. However, if they expect to be on by April (also not confirmed but it's been tossed around) ...

Just sucks for AMC. I knew a lot of younger roles would need to be recast, you have some who have just moved on, and others who are busy with projects. I think a lot of the cast was very burned by ABC moving the show, then cancelling it, Prospect Park picking it up then dropping it. I can see why the cast wouldn't be running to the project.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Jordi Vilasuso is, I'm sure, a nice enough guy (a total dreamboat on Guiding Light), but I never could understand a word he was saying and that wasn't the case when he was on GL and seemed to not mumble as much. I'm not sure why he is being asked to join the show unless he becomes David's main nemesis with no Tad or Erica.

I'm less than thrilled about All My Children 2.0 so far.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Decent list so far. I'm glad to see Jesse and Angie will be a part of the show. Online AMC needed some sort of stability, and I think them, along with Opal and David, will be it. I did expect to see Knight and McClain be a part of the cast, and I still hope they will be. Kaye's involvement surprises me. I really liked the Castillos, so I'm glad both Hartley and Vilasuso are on board.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I don't think Cady McClain will be part of this, unless she only comes on at the beginning or just recurs randomly. With Jon Lindstrom back on General Hospital for the foreseeable future he will be in LA and she would have to work in Connecticut. I mean its possible with their tape schedule being so easy, but don't think its happening.

I do 100% expect Michael E. Knight to be locked down soon, if he's not already. I really was a huge fan of the Castillos. I couldn't believe how much I loved them. Normally when a show is coming to its end game like that I would be furious that these newer characters had so much airtime, but they were both really good characters. I did like the guy who played Frankie, but if he even hesitates to sign on he could easily be recast. I think AMC will have more recast and newer characters than OLTL just because its been a while and more people have gotten other work.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply