Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 11:22 AM (8,453 Views)
greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

I cannot get on board with this Cameron. I couldn't get on board with the last one either. Maybe the whole character should go.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I desperately need Julie more involved in this story because she was the staunchest Nick supporter to get him out of jail while also being a die-hard Lucas/Sami shipper (which surely extends to their son). I'd actually be interested in seeing her take on all of this as the Horton elder stateswoman. Especially as someone who gave a child up and then changed her mind.

esp13
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 23 2013, 11:27 PM
I desperately need Julie more involved in this story because she was the staunchest Nick supporter to get him out of jail while also being a die-hard Lucas/Sami shipper (which surely extends to their son). I'd actually be interested in seeing her take on all of this as the Horton elder stateswoman. Especially as someone who gave a child up and then changed her mind.
I'd like to think she'd tell them both to pull their heads out of their asses and be adults and figure out how to raise the child together. But, of course, there would be no fun if they actually followed that advice.

michr544125

greeneyedgirl
Jan 23 2013, 11:25 PM
I cannot get on board with this Cameron. I couldn't get on board with the last one either. Maybe the whole character should go.
New Cameron is terrible. I didn't like the last one much but I preferred him to the current one. This one is so completely dull and has no chemistry with Abby. This casting was a fail. I agree with you. I'd much rather they do away with Cameron. I don't get his purpose at all.
Edited by michr544125, Jan 23 2013, 11:43 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Since we no longer have the day ahead recaps, would anyone be interested in doing a recap at the end of each day for the people who might not have been able to watch?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

MericP
Jan 23 2013, 10:54 PM
AngelOB
Jan 23 2013, 10:50 PM
BB is doing great, totally buying his intense and controlled version of cray. Will's face when he found out he was having a daughter was beautiful. Wished there was more to the Adrienne/Sami scenes, but I did take Sami's point that Will is under a tad more stress than Sonny is. LOVED EJ defending Sami and somehow managed to hate Rafe even more after he said that all the kids were going to be screwed. Too bad they can't be wonderful, productive, sane members of society like his sainted sister.
Though Gabi is certainly not 'sainted' I don't find her actions much worse than any of Sami's - thus far.

So I do wish Sami had shown more compassion towards Gabi on her wedding day - lies or no lies.

God knows Sami would have done the same thing and hoped people would forgive her. How many times have we watched her cry and grovel at her many failed weddings, lol?

Sami's gotta know the pain it would cause to have a child taken from her. So I would hope that she wouldn't try to do that to someone else although she's already done it to all the fathers of her children so I'm not holding my breath.
lol, of course Sami would fake having a stalker to catch the eye of another man and of course she'd be 50% responsible for blowing up the town and killing several residents....but she isn't the guilty one this time which is why both Sami and I are feeling completely fine with judging Gabi for doing something Sami so would have done back in the day. :tounge:

I don't see a character like Sami having much regard for rational thinking the moment she found out that Gabi was lying to her the whole time about the paternity of her child, and especially not since she found out that Gabi and Nick have been trying to talk Will out of being a parent to this child. Yes, Sami would of course do the exact same thing, but Sami has no problem judging others for the very same sins she's committed. The phrase "Do as I say, not as I do." was tailor made for Sami.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

I was kind of repulsed by Sami in her scenes with Rafe and Adrienne.She looked extremely hard and biker chick when she was glaring with her lips thinned just before making her hypocritical pugnacious statements to them while dressed in her tight leather pants/see though blouse/short jacket,dark lipstick/nail polish,high hair with too long bangs.I wonder if they are going with villainous Sami.
I also wonder if they are going with Nicole as the heroine bad girl with heart of gold.She has apologized to everyone in Salem.She is working at the church.She is being helpful to Chloe but not participating in her scheme to get back Daniel.She is comforting Gabi and
Rafe.She has warned Sami she is on Gabi's side and soon she will be attempting to save Brady from Kristin.She looked soft and playful today.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

^ I do see Sami going to a greyer place, simply because she's going to do whatever it takes to ensure that Will has access to his daughter. If she has to fight dirty to accomplish that goal, then that's what she's going to do. I have a feeling that EJ won't be overly opposed to any scheming she wants to take part in.

Interesting about Nicole becoming more of a heroine. I do think they'll have to clean her up some for Eric, I hope she finds a way to dirty him up a bit as well. If they could meet somewhere in the middle I'd be happy.

lol, your description of Sami today reminds me of bad-girl Sandy at the end of Grease. :laugh:
Edited by AngelOB, Jan 24 2013, 03:32 AM.

MericP
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Jan 24 2013, 03:29 AM
^ I do see Sami going to a greyer place, simply because she's going to do whatever it takes to ensure that Will has access to his daughter. If she has to fight dirty to accomplish that goal, then that's what she's going to do. I have a feeling that EJ won't be overly opposed to any scheming she wants to take part in.

Interesting about Nicole becoming more of a heroine. I do think they'll have to clean her up some for Eric, I hope she finds a way to dirty him up a bit as well. If they could meet somewhere in the middle I'd be happy.

lol, your description of Sami today reminds me of bad-girl Sandy at the end of Grease. :laugh:
Today's Sami reminded me of the Sami from the past.

That's a good thing. From her facial expressions to the smirk on her face when EJ was passing interference. She's gonna fight dirty to help Will get his kid.

If you love Will that's a great thing. If you hate Will it'll be irritating. :lol:

#TeamNick

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Nick asking Will's boyfriend's father to help Will lose his child,well no conflict of interest there.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Yesterday's show wasn't that bad. I actually started laughing during the confrontation between Rafe and Sami. Frankly, the writing thus far isn't convincing me that Safe's breakup is more about them than anything else, still seems their breakup is all about how Sami has behaved toward Gabi and Rafe not liking it and how Rafe has accused Will of things and Sami not liking it....and Rafe spewing that he's finally seen Sami's true colors and how outright cruel she's behaved toward his sister...dude YOU were there when she shot EJ and then 2 years after that moment, ended up fucking him....so shut up, you KNOW Sami's true colors more than anyone else, you just have an issue when they are directed at you or your family....

I have to give it to Esp, the name Everett fits this guy we use to know as EJ, to a tee. Who is this person we are seeing? The stuff coming out of his mouth is so not Ej. I was one of the ones that criticized the writing for him when he was paired with Taylor and Nicole. That lovey dovey act doesn't suit the character unless we see him do something underhanded to go with it. At least with Taylor he was holding the Rafe2 behind his back while sniffing that scarf, and with Nicole he did some shit with the election that was very much in character for Ej. This guy on screen now is all rainbows and butterflies, he's soooo sweet it's giving me a cavity. For example, when Rafe mentioned that Johnny and Syd would grow up as screwed up as Will is and EJ came forward with the stuff about Johnny and Sydney growing up knowing that they have two parents that loved them, I WISH the writers would insert dialogue from Rafe stating if he was thinking that way when he had Sami tell Johnny that she didn't love him right before he went into surgery for cancer. Frankly it's shit like this that I can't take and I guess whomever said up thread that when watching Days you have to pretend that anything that happened more than 6 months ago never happened is right, problem is I'm not Caroline, I don't forget stuff (yet) and I would appreciate if Days didn't try to insult my intelligence every time they go on the air, lol.

I think BB is doing an EXCELLENT job at playing fucked up crazy Nick. I am not on his side, I'm on #teamwill but frankly, if whatever happened in prison to him explains some of this fucked up behavior then I can see the audience at least feeling sympathetic to the character. LOVED that Will finally stood up and told him he wasn't going to give up custody of his child period. Good going Will. Also, what's up with Gabi....is she intimidated by Nick? Why can't she speak? What's up with that?

Adrienne and Sami's scene was fine. I sort of get both ladies on this one, they are each defending their sons.

I'm glad that Sami remembered that she had to talk to Lucas about this someday...you know before the next ice age comes....

Esp mentioned up thread that she could see how #teamnick might have an edge over #teamwill and I agree. I would love for all of those in support of Will (Sami, Lucas, Kate, EJ) would team together for Will's sake, scheme and do anything they can to actually get Will custody of his daughter. Problem is that too much infighting would occur, and they couldn't help themselves...Ej and Lucas would not see eye to eye, Kate and Sami would not see eye to eye...Lucas would suspect EJ's involvement could only harm Will's chances and stupid Sami wouldn't agree with that, so Lumi would start bickering....it would be an enjoyable mess, but a mess nonetheless...while #teamnick has the players that could work together, put aside any differences they would have and look out for Gabi and Nick's interests in this and I do think that somehow Will is going to lose the initial round here, but he'll eventually win the war I'm sure and if his daughter's custody battles are anything like his, I can expect years of back and forth on this one.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jan 24 2013, 08:47 AM.

esp13
Member Avatar

I can't take credit for Everett. That was all tomsawyer. I have, however, embraced Everett whole heartedly because it has allowed me to enjoy the character by understanding that he's not EJ in any way, shape, or form. And I did throw a description or two out there for him. It's basically Hugh Grant minus the curly mop of hair, with slightly less bumbling, and with higher hot factor.

six
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 23 2013, 10:09 PM
esp13
Jan 23 2013, 10:03 PM
supercool74
Jan 23 2013, 08:47 PM
esp13
Jan 23 2013, 08:08 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI was glad to see Sami make an attempt to contact Lucas. The entire time EJ and Sami were discussing what they could do to help Will with custody, I kept saying Lucas should be in this scene.
Damn, but all this talk has me so excited for this whole storyline. Can you imagine all of these people trying to work together? These are all experts in plotting and scheming. It would just be epic. I wonder if any of it will actually come to fruition. I can only hope. Sami, EJ, Lucas, Kate...all experts in this area but can they work together without killing each other? It's like a bad sitcom. :D Oh, poor Will. I can see all of them going behind his back and scheming for his own good, just to have it all blow up in their faces and ruining his chances. Ooooh, the battle-lines are being drawn and I love it!
The more I think about it, the more I think Team Gabi is sneaky powerful. For one, they have defined roles. Nicole comes up with the scheme, Nick (the control freak) lays out the plan to execute the scheme, and Rafe can mindlessly follow directions. Hell, all Nicole and Nick have to do is plant some stuff for Rafe to find and he'll run with it on his own. That's scarily efficient.

On the other hand, Team Will suffers from way too many cooks in the kitchen with no defined roles and a huge likelihood of screwing each other up by cross-scheming. Given their collective history, I might have to make them a slight underdog.
With Nicole being friends with Eric, it would behoove her to stay the hell out of the Nabi/Will baby battle. If Eric finds out that Nicole has been helping Gabi scheme against Will, priest or not, I don't see him being very forgiving of her.
He seems to have taken what she did to Sydney in stride.

On the teams - I agree with the person who said the infighting could destroy team Will, but Nick is clearly insane and it won't be long before someone on his team points that out (probably Nicole, lol) and he snaps and ends up making someone fall off a balcony.

Lil
Member Avatar

Someone needs to burn those fucking leather pants they keep stuffing Swiney into lol Seriously. And I hate her angry jowly face.

EJ and Rafe in scenes together never does it for me. Snotty vs. Smug. Oy.

I enjoyed Will today more than anything else.

Why is Gabi even there? She's clearly just the baby vessel. She brings nothing else.
Edited by Lil, Jan 24 2013, 10:51 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

Als, I don't see why everyone is co anti NuCameron. I don't think he sucks any worse than Frankenleno did. He really hasn't been given much of anything to do and his character's lack of history definitely hurts. Dude wasin the middle of the hospital talking with Chad, what was he supposed to go all OTT and scream and yell? He ain't Sami Brady. I'm willing to give him a little while longer.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

The beginning of each episode reminds me of the 90's, lol. They've altered the beginning a little...

Ahh, here's what were said in the preview from EJ (or Everett), and the smug look on Sami's face...and especially when he practically demanded that Rafe should show some respect, lol. Just wait Rafe, You'll find out that Gabi's made more than ONE mistake, but anyway- I don't really like that EJ/Sami/Rafe are the only one's talking about this. Where's Lucas??

Really loved the Nick/Gabi/Will scenes at the pub. Blake & Chandler is amazing opposite each other! And yes Will, it's a girl. You're gonna have a girl!

Love seeing Chad again & in a tie...phew he looks gorgeous! Ahem, I'm really glad that he told Sonny he could have handled it better, and that he didn't know Will was the father. Maxine, please don't also ship Cameron with Abby, like you do Jennifer with Daniel... I love you, but ship the guy I want with Abby- which is Chad! He saw the looks Abby & Cameron gave each other...not good. Quite liked the Chad & Cameron talk at the hospital, and I love that Chad was making his rounds of apologising. The little scene with Abby & Will was quite sweet. Love that they share scenes and her telling him about the
appointment. Chad coming to the coffee house and seeing Abby, telling her about the flirty looks, and about the chance of something happening with them, and not being so alone- well that just made me sad for him...and the look on Abby's face, I was just "go after him girl!" lol

Really good to see Adrienne with Sonny, and Adrienne with Sami.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Well DAYS being written as the Twilight Zone with EJ acting like Lucas, Rafe being more like EJ, etc, etc. I've officially left the Sami/Rafe bandwagon. The way Rafe was treating Sami was downright shitty and the way he talked about Will absolutely wrong, borderlining Nick wrong. If EJ will be kept being written as he is now and for the last couple months, then I am shockingly just about on the EJami bandwagon. Thought that would never happen. And if properly written, it wouldn't have never happened. DAYS needs new writers but the way the current ones have written the show, it would be stupid to change the characters yet again. I say keep the characters acting the way they do now, not including John, who needs to step up and support Marlena. Yet another one.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply