Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 11:22 AM (8,321 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I hate phony appeals to "listen to reason/"be rational"/"be calm" as a way of forcing someone to submit to a particular point of view or else appear completely unhinged. So patronizing and gross.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Ah, the homophobia rears its head. BB is doing a great job, but man, Nick is crazy.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

NuCameron's head is too small. I'd go with Chad for that reason alone.

Gabi is so useless. I wonder if she's just going to stand around looking confused and sad for the next few months?

Man, they are playing Nick's homophobia realistically. It's not OTT, but it pervades the way he sees everything.

Poor Allie, she's not even relevant enough to be included in Rafe's insults about Sami's mothering.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

No that punk ass Rafe didn't bring Sydney and Johnny in it.. :moon: Grrrr he's more douchier lately

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I feel like this show is writen as EJ is Will's daddy. This show feels like twilight zone.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

What's ironic about this Nick/Gabi/Will story is how totally checked out she is. Nick & Will totally go at it and all she can do is stand there as a complete non-entity. Now, I know some people will say it's because Gabi is a dull non-character, but I believe it's an actually story choice. Gabi doesn't want to take sides, but she's going to have to eventually. Everyone else is running the show for Gabi and she's letting them because as long as someone else makes her life decisions for her. IMO, there'll come a point when Gabi snaps. In any event, I'm loving this Nick/Will showdown.

I'm enjoying Sami/Rafe as bitter & vicious adversaries FAR more than I've ever enjoyed them as a couple.

cord08

OMG, does Gabi really not have anything to say in this convo?

Aliaron
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Jan 23 2013, 01:25 PM
No that punk ass Rafe didn't bring Sydney and Johnny in it.. :moon: Grrrr he's more douchier lately
All the more to pimp good guy EJ. This so out of character. All of it.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

All Gabi is doing is standing there and looking stupid. Open your mouth.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Yes, Will finally stepped up.

When he thought Nick was a nice guy, he was confused about the right thing for his kid. Now that Will's got Nick's number, he knows what the right thing is.

cord08

"Woah, nelly. You are steaming hot...and I mean steaming hot in the mad way." Nicole about Rafe, LOL.
Edited by cord08, Jan 23 2013, 01:34 PM.

Lil
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Jan 23 2013, 01:11 PM
NuCameron is hot. To bad he can't act
I think he's better than Fankenleno looks and acting wise. I have't seen any big scene with him to judge him as an actor yet.

Harmony233

wow poor allie the forgotten kid

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

BB is so great. I love how Gabi made him realize he was letting his true feelings show and he quickly remembered that he was supposed to be playing this better. I'm adoring Nick vs. Will.

Sami vs. Rafe makes so damn much sense to me. I never understood how these two people were ever like-minded about anyting in the first place. They may have loved each other, but I never felt like they liked each other and these scenes play that out perfectly.

NuCameron, CD is acting circles around you and that's really bad.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Oh, Cameron. You haven't been around Salem very long. Unforgivable is a very fluid term.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 23 2013, 01:28 PM
What's ironic about this Nick/Gabi/Will story is how totally checked out she is. Nick & Will totally go at it and all she can do is stand there as a complete non-entity. Now, I know some people will say it's because Gabi is a dull non-character, but I believe it's an actually story choice. Gabi doesn't want to take sides, but she's going to have to eventually. Everyone else is running the show for Gabi and she's letting them because as long as someone else makes her life decisions for her. IMO, there'll come a point when Gabi snaps. In any event, I'm loving this Nick/Will showdown.

I'm enjoying Sami/Rafe as bitter & vicious adversaries FAR more than I've ever enjoyed them as a couple.
I agree with this reading. Gabi being submissive is deliberate. I imagine there is a voice in her subconscious somewhere that is telling her something isn't quite right with the way Nick is going about things - but she's dominated by him, and he's been utterly loyal to and accepting of her. She doesn't want to mess with that and risk losing him. He's kept her out of prison, accepted another man's child, declared his love - after the otherwise disastrous way her romantic life has played out, there's no way she wants to give up Nick. And I believe she really does think she's in love with him. At the same time, she doesn't want to hurt Will or damage their friendship. She has no acrimonious feelings toward him. I want to believe that Gabi is going to ultimately take control of her own fate, but the fact that she isn't right now seems very much on purpose.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

You know, it just dawned on me that Gabi has SEVERE self-esteem issues which is the unspoken backbone of this story. The guy she lost her virginity to came out as gay. She then became fixated on her first boyfriend to the point that she stalked herself (which led to a kidnapping). Now she's hooked up with the first guy who genuinely wants to be with her. Consequently, she's letting him run the entire show. She'll barely even speak up with her own complete thoughts regarding the baby and Nick & Will's roles.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

The real Sami is a nightmare lol :P

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Look, the show knows Sami should be talking to Lucas!

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 23 2013, 01:37 PM
You know, it just dawned on me that Gabi has SEVERE self-esteem issues which is the unspoken backbone of this story. The guy she lost her virginity to came out as gay. She then became fixated on her first boyfriend to the point that she stalked herself (which led to a kidnapping). Now she's hooked up with the first guy who genuinely wants to be with her. Consequently, she's letting him run the entire show. She'll barely even speak up with her own complete thoughts regarding the baby and Nick & Will's roles.
Yes. This. Gabi's self-esteem issues have been the recurring thread in her stories ever since her split from Will. She's even expressed them herself. She's not the most stable or emotionally healthy person so I've come realize I shouldn't judge her actions as if she is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply