Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 11:22 AM (8,318 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 23 2013, 05:57 PM
esp13
Jan 23 2013, 05:48 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 23 2013, 05:36 PM
Okay, I'm going to have to call a big ole bull shit hear Rafe...

Sami attacked your dead sister, was trying to knock her over the head with a paperweight.

The difference???

You were so up Sami's ass you threw Arianna under the bus...literally & figuratively.

Can somebody fill me in on just what Rafe knew about Arianna knowing about Sami? I mean, I know Rafe knew Sami shot EJ. And I know Arianna figured it out. But I simply have no memory of Rafe knowing that Arianna knew or vice versa even. And I have no memory of Rafe knowing that Sami attacked Arianna and/or that Arianna was fighting with Will and Sami right before she got ran over.

BTW, I'm not saying he didn't know all the details, I just don't remember it. Thanks.
Yeah, Rafe knew that Ari knew about Sami. Here's a clip that pretty well sums up Rafe, Sami and Arianna's relationship around that time...

As to whether Rafe knew about Sami trying to club Ari over the head with a paperweight, I don't recall.
I really loved these scenes, thanks for posting :)

Damn, did Arianna ever have Sami pegged! I still wish they'd bring her back. I know, I know, probably the most futile wish I could have as far as returns.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 23 2013, 05:53 PM
esp13
Jan 23 2013, 05:48 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 23 2013, 05:36 PM
Okay, I'm going to have to call a big ole bull shit hear Rafe...

Sami attacked your dead sister, was trying to knock her over the head with a paperweight.

The difference???

You were so up Sami's ass you threw Arianna under the bus...literally & figuratively.

Can somebody fill me in on just what Rafe knew about Arianna knowing about Sami? I mean, I know Rafe knew Sami shot EJ. And I know Arianna figured it out. But I simply have no memory of Rafe knowing that Arianna knew or vice versa even. And I have no memory of Rafe knowing that Sami attacked Arianna and/or that Arianna was fighting with Will and Sami right before she got ran over.

BTW, I'm not saying he didn't know all the details, I just don't remember it. Thanks.
He knew that Arianna had figured it out & told Ari that he would tell the police she was lying& call her credibility in to question due to her running with that drug gang.

After that is when she went to Sami's & taped her confession & when she let Sami in on it, Sami went after her, they fought & at the end Sami grabbed a paperweight & was about to hit her in the head with it & I think Bo or Kayla showed up??

Then Ari called EJ to meet her @ the pub & she ran into Will there who was trying to talk her out of going to the cops & Ari got all upset & Will was trying to grab her & she ran into the street...right at the time EJ showed up...BOOM.
There was also the part when Arianna was taken to the hospital after the car hit her when Rafe & Sami were very concerned IF Ari woke up, would she be able to remember? I recall Rafe asking the doctor (Lexie? Daniel?) about her memory function if and when she came out of her coma.

Panda

I'm not sure if Rafe ever knew that Sami was going to club Arianna in the head with the paperweight. Although talking about that reminded me of the scene where Nicole and Sami fought and Nicole's head hit the counter and she was knocked out. Rafe came in and said, what the hell, Sami? The way he said it was like, you've tried to kill someone again? I thought that scene was hilarious.

Rafe did say in the hospital that it would be for the best if Arianna lost her memory. In true Sami fashion, they had sex the day of her funeral. He then fanwanked the entire situation claiming that Arianna would be happy that he and Sami were together, maybe it was when they were getting married, when in fact, she literally died trying to get EJ the proof because she wanted to get Sami the hell away from Rafe.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Okay, Will looking at Sonny as he came in the door and mouthing "Hi" just about killed me. Oh, the angst! I'm loving/hating it! I really enjoyed just about everything today. Nick is super uber-creepy. As much as I miss nerdy, sweet Nick.....I'm not really minding this creepy version as much as I did in the beginning..only because BB is doing such a great job. I'm still enjoying him as an actor. Maybe that sweet version of Nick will be back one day...but if not I think I can live with it. BB has just won me over as an actor and I think I'm willing to just go along with the ride. Back to Will/Sonny. They are the reason I've stuck with this show for the past few months. This is going to be so hard for me to get through. I feel so bad for the both of them. CM is doing such a phenomenal job. I think that last scene where he sees the baby and realizes that it's a girl....I think now it has finally sunk in. I can't wait to see him fight for this child, hopefully with Sonny by his side sooner rather than later.
Edited by supercool74, Jan 23 2013, 06:46 PM.

six
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 23 2013, 04:58 PM
Matt
Jan 23 2013, 04:00 PM
There's still Jeremy Horton out there. And it's not too late for either Mike or Lucas to have another son.
Oh Jeremy, that DB. I stopped watching soon after he came on, what happened to him?
He skipped town after the cops caught on that he was running a sex ring.

I'm not really enjoying CM's acting choices right now. Will was finally stepping up with his words, but his body language is far too passive to fit the things that he's saying. BB, however, is playing his part to perfection. It's too bad Nick has become such a tool, but at least he's fascinating to watch. I also think this story is going to culminate in Nick physically abusing Gabi. Nick and Rafe are actually making me feel for the poor girl again. Between the two of them slowly chipping away at independence, it's no wonder her self esteem is so low.

Rafe really doesn't think very highly of Sami, does he? I'm glad he said what he did though and that EJ was there to back Sami up, even though she didn't need it. While I like supportive EJ, I hope menacing EJ comes back, soon. Time for some ejami plotting.

The Adrienne/Sonny scene was really really good. I didn't follow the adjustin love story, but I can see why she'd prefer her son to take an easier path. Sonny has already said he doesn't want kids right now, and this particular kid is bringing the triplet disasters that are Nick, Gabi and Sami with her.

Cameron needs to have a seat. Chad just told the truth, even if he did it for the wrong reason. It's not like he pan fried Will and Gabi's fetus. :rolleyes:

I saw a little spark with chabby when Chad said he'd started to feel like he was less alone.

I liked Sami's fierce protectiveness of Will during her talk with Adrienne. Both women had great points.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I definitely got a sense of controlling from Nick today. Strong sense. If Nick ends up being abusive towards Gabi, I will definitely compliment Tomlin/Whitesell for laying the right groundwork early on in the game. Nick was totally giving me that Lifetime movie boyfriend vibe today. I do think it would be interesting to see a soap opera character that isn't brought on to be the abuser become the abuser. So often when soaps do these domestic abuse storylines, they just bring on a character that has no real connection with the audience, so it's easy for them to hate the character. Nick is a Horton. How would the audience react to him being abusive? It wouldn't be so easy to just throw the character away, and deem him a monster since he's a Horton. It would be interesting.

Loved the ending with Will walking into the hospital room in time to hear Cameron tell Gabi and Nick she's having a girl.

I was glad to see Sami make an attempt to contact Lucas. The entire time EJ and Sami were discussing what they could do to help Will with custody, I kept saying Lucas should be in this scene. It would've been much more interesting to see Lucas react to EJ offering his help to ensure Will has a right to his baby. Sure, Lucas hates EJ more than anyone probably, but Will is very important to Will, and would Lucas put the animosity aside in order to help his son? Very interesting. Still hope to see that at some point.

Okay, so chemistry-wise, the Chad/Abigail/Cameron triangle is great. Mansi has great chemistry with both Deidrick and Owens. Hell, Deidrick and Owens even have great rivalry chemistry. I just hope Tomlin/Whitesell don't drop the ball and half-ass this the way Chad and Abigail's initial romance was handled.

blueskies
Member Avatar

God, EJ saying to Rafe that Sami has a right to be upset is just truly annoying the crap outta me! If Sami were ANYONE else maybe I'd agree because she'd be upset for her son and not herself, and MAYBE if Ej wasn't just saying this because he wants to bang her....but omg I was so wishing someone would have come in and bitch-slapped Sami.

blueskies
Member Avatar

six
Jan 23 2013, 06:46 PM
blueskies
Matt
There's still Jeremy Horton out there. And it's not too late for either Mike or Lucas to have another son.
Oh Jeremy, that DB. I stopped watching soon after he came on, what happened to him?

I'm not really enjoying CM's acting choices right now. Will was finally stepping up with his words, but his body language is far too passive to fit the things that he's saying. BB, however, is playing his part to perfection. It's too bad Nick has become such a tool, but at least he's fascinating to watch. I also think this story is going to culminate in Nick physically abusing Gabi. Nick and Rafe are actually making me feel for the poor girl again. Between the two of them slowly chipping away at independence, it's no wonder her self esteem is so low.

Rafe really doesn't think very highly of Sami, does he? I'm glad he said what he did though and that EJ was there to back Sami up, even though she didn't need it. While I like supportive EJ, I hope menacing EJ comes back, soon. Time for some ejami plotting.

The Adrienne/Sonny scene was really really good. I didn't follow the adjustin love story, but I can see why she'd prefer her son to take an easier path. Sonny has already said he doesn't want kids right now, and this particular kid is bringing the triplet disasters that are Nick, Gabi and Sami with her.

Cameron needs to have a seat. Chad just told the truth, even if he did it for the wrong reason. It's not like he pan fried Will and Gabi's fetus. :rolleyes:

I saw a little spark with chabby when Chad said he'd started to feel like he was less alone.

I liked Sami's fierce protectiveness of Will during her talk with Adrienne. Both women had great points.
Lol, a sex ring? All I remember was something about an airline and I think Stephanie and others worked on it?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Touch the sky!

six
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 23 2013, 07:16 PM
six
blueskies
Matt

Lol, a sex ring? All I remember was something about an airline and I think Stephanie and others worked on it?
That airline was being used to smuggle women into the U.S. to work as prostitutes. IDK if you remember Jett, but it turned out he wasn't really Jerremy's friend - he was an undercover cop trying to stop the human trafficking.

Tom and Alice have some sketchy great grandsons lol.

ETA: tomswyer's post reminded me that fans called it Touch the Thigh after the truth about the airline got revealed. ;)
Edited by six, Jan 23 2013, 07:25 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

six
Jan 23 2013, 07:24 PM
blueskies
Jan 23 2013, 07:16 PM
six
blueskies

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

That airline was being used to smuggle women into the U.S. to work as prostitutes. IDK if you remember Jett, but it turned out he wasn't really Jerremy's friend - he was an undercover cop trying to stop the human trafficking.

Tom and Alice have some sketchy great grandsons lol.

ETA: tomswyer's post reminded me that fans called it Touch the Thigh after the truth about the airline got revealed. ;)
Tom & Alice seriously do, lol.

blueskies
Member Avatar

well, I guess Safe's done, lol.

elci525
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 23 2013, 06:51 PM
I definitely got a sense of controlling from Nick today. Strong sense. If Nick ends up being abusive towards Gabi, I will definitely compliment Tomlin/Whitesell for laying the right groundwork early on in the game. Nick was totally giving me that Lifetime movie boyfriend vibe today. I do think it would be interesting to see a soap opera character that isn't brought on to be the abuser become the abuser. So often when soaps do these domestic abuse storylines, they just bring on a character that has no real connection with the audience, so it's easy for them to hate the character. Nick is a Horton. How would the audience react to him being abusive? It wouldn't be so easy to just throw the character away, and deem him a monster since he's a Horton. It would be interesting.

Loved the ending with Will walking into the hospital room in time to hear Cameron tell Gabi and Nick she's having a girl.

I was glad to see Sami make an attempt to contact Lucas. The entire time EJ and Sami were discussing what they could do to help Will with custody, I kept saying Lucas should be in this scene. It would've been much more interesting to see Lucas react to EJ offering his help to ensure Will has a right to his baby. Sure, Lucas hates EJ more than anyone probably, but Will is very important to Will, and would Lucas put the animosity aside in order to help his son? Very interesting. Still hope to see that at some point.

Okay, so chemistry-wise, the Chad/Abigail/Cameron triangle is great. Mansi has great chemistry with both Deidrick and Owens. Hell, Deidrick and Owens even have great rivalry chemistry. I just hope Tomlin/Whitesell don't drop the ball and half-ass this the way Chad and Abigail's initial romance was handled.
You and me both! And I agree about the interesting layers inserting Lucas into this storyline would provide. That would be a hard pill for Lucas to swallow, being on board with EJ helping Will. But can you IMAGINE what a Lucas, Sami, EJ team would be like? Not triangle, but team. I think that sounds so amazingly novel with lots of potential. All this talk of Ejami plotting touches such a sensitive chord for me - it flat out angers me. :angry: Seems this would be a perfect time for some Lumi plotting, or Lumate plotting, with EJ in the mix b/c he has to be I suppose, as a lawyer. And no stranger to plots either.

Some of this might happen tomorrow during the Lumi convo, but I suspect it will be all of ten seconds, so probably not. Eh, what's a Luca fan to do?

I am really impressed with Blake. Nick is rather fascinating to watch. I loved lovable nerd Nick so much, but this incarnation is really compelling. Loved his scenes with Will today.

And, awww, it's a girl. Hooray. Laney Alice Arianna Horton? Layna Ari Katherine Horton? Arianna Nicola Allie Horton?
Edited by elci525, Jan 23 2013, 07:39 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Sami needs to take a good hard look in the Kate Roberts Reed Kiriakis Brady Dimera mirror.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 23 2013, 07:33 PM
DrewHamilton

You and me both! And I agree about the interesting layers inserting Lucas into this storyline would provide. That would be a hard pill for Lucas to swallow, being on board with EJ helping Will. But can you IMAGINE what a Lucas, Sami, EJ team would be like? Not triangle, but team. I think that sounds so amazingly novel with lots of potential. All this talk of Ejami plotting touches such a sensitive chord for me - it flat out angers me. :angry: Seems this would be a perfect time for some Lumi plotting, or Lumate plotting, with EJ in the mix b/c he has to be I suppose, as a lawyer. And no stranger to plots either.

Some of this might happen tomorrow during the Lumi convo, but I suspect it will be all of ten seconds, so probably not. Eh, what's a Luca fan to do?

I am really impressed with Blake. Nick is rather fascinating to watch. I loved lovable nerd Nick so much, but this incarnation is really compelling. Loved his scenes with Will today.

And, awww, it's a girl. Hooray. Laney Alice Arianna Horton? Layna Ari Katherine Horton? Arianna Nicola Allie Horton?
I'm all for Lucas, Sami, EJ and Will plotting together. Ask LL, she will tell you about my dreams of all of them moving in together as one happy family.

Really though, your post just shows why TeamWill should kick TeamGabi's ass. They simply have more people that know how to win a fight like this. Yeah, TeamGabi has ol' crazy eyes and their new draft pick, Nicole (seriously good pick-up), but TeamWill has Sami, EJ, Lucas and Kate. It's no contest. Really, the only way TeamWill loses is if infighting leads to self-destruction. Wait, I could definitely see that happening. Uh oh.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Nicole should just say it. Yes, Sami's like herpes for Rafe. Might go away for a little while, but she'll always come back. Very regrettably.

esp13
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 23 2013, 07:49 PM
elci525
Jan 23 2013, 07:33 PM
DrewHamilton

I'm all for Lucas, Sami, EJ and Will plotting together. Ask LL, she will tell you about my dreams of all of them moving in together as one happy family.

Really though, your post just shows why TeamWill should kick TeamGabi's ass. They simply have more people that know how to win a fight like this. Yeah, TeamGabi has ol' crazy eyes and their new draft pick, Nicole (seriously good pick-up), but TeamWill has Sami, EJ, Lucas and Kate. It's no contest. Really, the only way TeamWill loses is if infighting leads to self-destruction. Wait, I could definitely see that happening. Uh oh.
THAT is exactly why Team Will is in trouble. When have Sami, Kate, EJ, and Lucas not had their big schemes and plans blow up in their faces?

On the other hand, Team Gabi has Nick, the genius who's only downfall was the pain pills and he's not on those anymore. You have Rafe who might not know how to scheme, but doesn't have history of felonies (documented ones anyway) to be shoved in his face. And you have Nicole. Granted her schemes tend to blow up in her face, but not when she's scheming on behalf of someone else (see Everett's election to mayor). Plus, from what I can see, Team Gabi is definitely going to have Julie on their side. That pretty much trumps anything Team Will can dig up.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Will cut out of his child's life, but this isn't as one-sided as it looks. :)

Hamilton
Member Avatar

:laugh: Ej to Rafe : "Sami was lied to for months about a situation that affects her family profoundly. You don't understand why she would be resentful of that? Have you ever stopped to think about this from her point of view?" OMG!! :lol:

'You mean exactly like when you kidnapped Sydney and led the family to believe she had died?' Come on Rafe! You really missed the zinger on that one!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jan 23 2013, 08:08 PM
:laugh: Ej to Rafe : "Sami was lied to for months about a situation that affects her family profoundly. You don't understand why she would be resentful of that? Have you ever stopped to think about this from her point of view?" OMG!! :lol:

'You mean exactly like when you kidnapped Sydney and led the family to believe she had died?' Come on Rafe! You really missed the zinger on that one!
Seriously. He had Sydney and Fafe right in his pocket he could have thrown at EJ.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 23 2013, 08:18 PM
Hamilton
Jan 23 2013, 08:08 PM

Seriously. He had Sydney and Fafe right in his pocket he could have thrown at EJ.
Days rule: a character can't bring up history that contradicts a rewrite of a character they are trying to sell.

Super suport-Ej is as fake as a 3 dollar bill but we're not suppose to remember that.
Edited by Aliaron, Jan 23 2013, 08:39 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply