Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 11:22 AM (8,224 Views)
supercool74
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 23 2013, 08:08 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 23 2013, 07:49 PM
elci525
Jan 23 2013, 07:33 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 23 2013, 06:51 PM
I definitely got a sense of controlling from Nick today. Strong sense. If Nick ends up being abusive towards Gabi, I will definitely compliment Tomlin/Whitesell for laying the right groundwork early on in the game. Nick was totally giving me that Lifetime movie boyfriend vibe today. I do think it would be interesting to see a soap opera character that isn't brought on to be the abuser become the abuser. So often when soaps do these domestic abuse storylines, they just bring on a character that has no real connection with the audience, so it's easy for them to hate the character. Nick is a Horton. How would the audience react to him being abusive? It wouldn't be so easy to just throw the character away, and deem him a monster since he's a Horton. It would be interesting.

Loved the ending with Will walking into the hospital room in time to hear Cameron tell Gabi and Nick she's having a girl.

I was glad to see Sami make an attempt to contact Lucas. The entire time EJ and Sami were discussing what they could do to help Will with custody, I kept saying Lucas should be in this scene. It would've been much more interesting to see Lucas react to EJ offering his help to ensure Will has a right to his baby. Sure, Lucas hates EJ more than anyone probably, but Will is very important to Will, and would Lucas put the animosity aside in order to help his son? Very interesting. Still hope to see that at some point.

Okay, so chemistry-wise, the Chad/Abigail/Cameron triangle is great. Mansi has great chemistry with both Deidrick and Owens. Hell, Deidrick and Owens even have great rivalry chemistry. I just hope Tomlin/Whitesell don't drop the ball and half-ass this the way Chad and Abigail's initial romance was handled.
You and me both! And I agree about the interesting layers inserting Lucas into this storyline would provide. That would be a hard pill for Lucas to swallow, being on board with EJ helping Will. But can you IMAGINE what a Lucas, Sami, EJ team would be like? Not triangle, but team. I think that sounds so amazingly novel with lots of potential. All this talk of Ejami plotting touches such a sensitive chord for me - it flat out angers me. :angry: Seems this would be a perfect time for some Lumi plotting, or Lumate plotting, with EJ in the mix b/c he has to be I suppose, as a lawyer. And no stranger to plots either.

Some of this might happen tomorrow during the Lumi convo, but I suspect it will be all of ten seconds, so probably not. Eh, what's a Luca fan to do?

I am really impressed with Blake. Nick is rather fascinating to watch. I loved lovable nerd Nick so much, but this incarnation is really compelling. Loved his scenes with Will today.

And, awww, it's a girl. Hooray. Laney Alice Arianna Horton? Layna Ari Katherine Horton? Arianna Nicola Allie Horton?
I'm all for Lucas, Sami, EJ and Will plotting together. Ask LL, she will tell you about my dreams of all of them moving in together as one happy family.

Really though, your post just shows why TeamWill should kick TeamGabi's ass. They simply have more people that know how to win a fight like this. Yeah, TeamGabi has ol' crazy eyes and their new draft pick, Nicole (seriously good pick-up), but TeamWill has Sami, EJ, Lucas and Kate. It's no contest. Really, the only way TeamWill loses is if infighting leads to self-destruction. Wait, I could definitely see that happening. Uh oh.
THAT is exactly why Team Will is in trouble. When have Sami, Kate, EJ, and Lucas not had their big schemes and plans blow up in their faces?

On the other hand, Team Gabi has Nick, the genius who's only downfall was the pain pills and he's not on those anymore. You have Rafe who might not know how to scheme, but doesn't have history of felonies (documented ones anyway) to be shoved in his face. And you have Nicole. Granted her schemes tend to blow up in her face, but not when she's scheming on behalf of someone else (see Everett's election to mayor). Plus, from what I can see, Team Gabi is definitely going to have Julie on their side. That pretty much trumps anything Team Will can dig up.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Will cut out of his child's life, but this isn't as one-sided as it looks. :)
Damn, but all this talk has me so excited for this whole storyline. Can you imagine all of these people trying to work together? These are all experts in plotting and scheming. It would just be epic. I wonder if any of it will actually come to fruition. I can only hope. Sami, EJ, Lucas, Kate...all experts in this area but can they work together without killing each other? It's like a bad sitcom. :D Oh, poor Will. I can see all of them going behind his back and scheming for his own good, just to have it all blow up in their faces and ruining his chances. Ooooh, the battle-lines are being drawn and I love it!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I'm so glad Will came to the hospital, walks in as the doctor says the baby is a girl. The look on his face is priceless!
I also noticed the look on Nick's face. He definately had an issue with Will being there. Nick is trouble.
If he had his way, Will would be totally out of the picture, having nothing to do with his own child.
I'm glad Will isn't letting Nick intimidate him, however IMO this situation will get very ugly before it
gets better.
Edited by bellajewel, Jan 23 2013, 09:05 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Today's epsiode was great all around. I enjoyed every minute of it. Sami rocked today! :rockon:

KMan101
Member Avatar

Today's episode was pretty good. Nick's creep vibe just increased tremendously. I'm really interested in this storyline. Go figure. Blake is doing a great job. Will and Sami were both pretty spot on today. I like that Will's finally showing some backbone.

While I really do like EJ being there for them, I just cringe at how "wonderful" they've made him. The propping is terrible right now. I mean, seriously, even EJ had to ask Sami how many times she was going to thank him? And why does everything have to lead to sex or almost sex with Sami and her men?

I felt kinda bad for Adrienne. Sami and Sonny both shut her up really quickly. I wish she had more to say. I almost wasn't that fond of how they wrote her today for some reason. IDK. Freddie and Judi were great. I like that Sonny is still, in a way, defending Will and not wanting to sit there and talk crap about him. That's kind of refreshing.

Nicole and Rafe are SO gonna screw. Ugh. I mean, I actually don't mind them as friends. I think they compliment each other but I don't see why it would need to go to them having sex. Not saying they will or they are but it's just my feeling on where this is going.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Just what part of 'step-father' does Nick not understand? Asshole. :flipoff:

esp13
Member Avatar

supercool74
Jan 23 2013, 08:47 PM
esp13
tomsawyer
elci525
Jan 23 2013, 07:33 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI was glad to see Sami make an attempt to contact Lucas. The entire time EJ and Sami were discussing what they could do to help Will with custody, I kept saying Lucas should be in this scene.
I'm all for Lucas, Sami, EJ and Will plotting together. Ask LL, she will tell you about my dreams of all of them moving in together as one happy family.

Really though, your post just shows why TeamWill should kick TeamGabi's ass. They simply have more people that know how to win a fight like this. Yeah, TeamGabi has ol' crazy eyes and their new draft pick, Nicole (seriously good pick-up), but TeamWill has Sami, EJ, Lucas and Kate. It's no contest. Really, the only way TeamWill loses is if infighting leads to self-destruction. Wait, I could definitely see that happening. Uh oh.
THAT is exactly why Team Will is in trouble. When have Sami, Kate, EJ, and Lucas not had their big schemes and plans blow up in their faces?

On the other hand, Team Gabi has Nick, the genius who's only downfall was the pain pills and he's not on those anymore. You have Rafe who might not know how to scheme, but doesn't have history of felonies (documented ones anyway) to be shoved in his face. And you have Nicole. Granted her schemes tend to blow up in her face, but not when she's scheming on behalf of someone else (see Everett's election to mayor). Plus, from what I can see, Team Gabi is definitely going to have Julie on their side. That pretty much trumps anything Team Will can dig up.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Will cut out of his child's life, but this isn't as one-sided as it looks. :)
Damn, but all this talk has me so excited for this whole storyline. Can you imagine all of these people trying to work together? These are all experts in plotting and scheming. It would just be epic. I wonder if any of it will actually come to fruition. I can only hope. Sami, EJ, Lucas, Kate...all experts in this area but can they work together without killing each other? It's like a bad sitcom. :D Oh, poor Will. I can see all of them going behind his back and scheming for his own good, just to have it all blow up in their faces and ruining his chances. Ooooh, the battle-lines are being drawn and I love it!
The more I think about it, the more I think Team Gabi is sneaky powerful. For one, they have defined roles. Nicole comes up with the scheme, Nick (the control freak) lays out the plan to execute the scheme, and Rafe can mindlessly follow directions. Hell, all Nicole and Nick have to do is plant some stuff for Rafe to find and he'll run with it on his own. That's scarily efficient.

On the other hand, Team Will suffers from way too many cooks in the kitchen with no defined roles and a huge likelihood of screwing each other up by cross-scheming. Given their collective history, I might have to make them a slight underdog.

annie21

Pookie
Jan 23 2013, 05:22 PM
esp13
Jan 23 2013, 05:11 PM
Pookie
Jan 23 2013, 04:27 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 23 2013, 04:10 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
But this is how it happens for abuse victims. They tell themselves, yeah there are some problems but he hasn't got that bad YET. Then they do nothing and wait and see. Until when it finally does get really bad they're in so deep they don't know how to get themselves out of it. If red flags are shooting up left and right, it's not wise or healthy to ignore them. You need to deal with them head on before it spirals out of control.
I don't think anybody is disagreeing with this. I think I've said several times that Gabi needs to stand up for herself. And she does. She needs to recognize what's going on and part of what is going on is her passivity. All I'm saying is that I don't think it's reached the level of abusive at this point. It might be going there. It might not.
Well I have a LOW threshold for that kind of thing. So for ME, he's being abusive. Abuse is about more than physical harm. And just because Nick hasn't man handled or hit her yet doesn't mean he isn't abusive. Right now it's psychologically abusive with the manipulation and the controlling ways.

Nick has an attitude with ANYONE who doesn't fall in line. Did you see the look he gave Maxine because she said Gabi was the one who needed to ask the questions? Then he complained to Gabi about it. Does he really think everyone in Salem is gonna fall in line and view him as the father now that everyone knows the truth? He's clearly built up this delusion in his mind that has absolutely nothing to do with reality.
On this issue of whether Nick is being abusive versus being merely controlling, I guess I perceive a lot of grey area, so I'm impressed by those who can see such a clear dividing line between the two and can declare emphatically that Nick hasn't stepped over that line. I'm not disagreeing, but I'm just not so sure either way.

While I don't think abuse is purely in the eye of the beholder, I do think that there is at least enough room for interpretation to hold open some doubt. So that's why I went out and did some searching on the net. :) Interestingly, being controlling is almost always included in the list of warning signs of an abusive type as is the case that an abuser has been abused himself in the past. (see the links below or google the topic for yourself)

For me, abuse comes down to a power imbalance in the relationship. So we have to consider both sides of the equation to determine whether abuse can occur. For example, Nick's controlling ways combined with Gabi's low self esteem sets up the circumstances for an abusive use of power by Nick over Gabi. He can give Maxine a look, but he can't abuse her because (a) she's not emotionally involved with him; (b) she has a healthy dose of self-esteem; and (c) she's older and wiser in the ways of the world, so won't hesitate to call him out on his bad behavior. But Gabi has none of those attributes, and Nick is (wittingly or unwittingly) taking advantage of that fact to get his way. To me, it's at least possible that represents an abuse of his power over her, whether or not he's doing it intentionally and whether or not she's complicit with his actions.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2358368_identify-five-signs-abusive-controlling.html
http://www.divinecaroline.com/22071/42869-top-10-signs-an-abusive)
Edited by annie21, Jan 23 2013, 10:07 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 23 2013, 10:03 PM
supercool74
Jan 23 2013, 08:47 PM
esp13
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI was glad to see Sami make an attempt to contact Lucas. The entire time EJ and Sami were discussing what they could do to help Will with custody, I kept saying Lucas should be in this scene.

The more I think about it, the more I think Team Gabi is sneaky powerful. For one, they have defined roles. Nicole comes up with the scheme, Nick (the control freak) lays out the plan to execute the scheme, and Rafe can mindlessly follow directions. Hell, all Nicole and Nick have to do is plant some stuff for Rafe to find and he'll run with it on his own. That's scarily efficient.

On the other hand, Team Will suffers from way too many cooks in the kitchen with no defined roles and a huge likelihood of screwing each other up by cross-scheming. Given their collective history, I might have to make them a slight underdog.
With Nicole being friends with Eric, it would behoove her to stay the hell out of the Nabi/Will baby battle. If Eric finds out that Nicole has been helping Gabi scheme against Will, priest or not, I don't see him being very forgiving of her.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jan 23 2013, 10:11 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I turned it off after 5 minutes today. I just can't watch this much of a custody story. Hopefully it won't stay front and center. And actually, I don't know what's worse: the fact that it's a custody story or all the crap spewing from Sami, Rafe, and EJ. I need them to really step it up and pointing out the hypocrisy of ALL of them because as it is, it sounds like satire.

Pookie
Member Avatar

I think Nicole is just going to lend and understanding ear to Gabi. If she's hot for Eric, she won't get involved in any scheming. God willing, Nicole just might be the one to help Gabi see what a controlling asswipe Nick is.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jan 23 2013, 10:11 PM
I think Nicole is just going to lend and understanding ear to Gabi. If she's hot for Eric, she won't get involved in any scheming. God willing, Nicole just might be the one to help Gabi see what a controlling asswipe Nick is.
Nicole seems to like Will and Sonny, and she certainly doesn't strike me as homeophobic. She's even expressed sympathy for Will in the past because Sami is his mother. I can see her be against Sami, but I can't see her against Will for the long term, especially if she wants to keep in Eric's good graces.

And why do I have this vision of Gabi falling through the ice and disappearing while trying to rescue Arianna Marlena! LOL

michr544125

Today was a great all around episode.

Nick STFU! Every time he talks he makes me cringe. I do hope that once Will and Sonny get back together that Sonny decks him. Blake is doing a great job but Nick is almost unwatchable right now. Gabi is just as bad if not worse standing by Nick no matter how it makes Will feel. Nice to see Will standing up like a man finally taking responsibility for his child. But color me confused. He told Sonny that he didn't tell him because he was scared he'd lose him but he told Nick that not telling the truth had nothing to do with thinking he'd lose Sonny??? Was that bad writing or again Will not knowing what is the truth?

Loved the Sonny and Adrienne scenes. Sonny is obviously to torn up over Will and his mom was making it worse. She needed to be there to comfort him not make him feel worse and she was obviously gloating in the fact she knew she was right about Will all along. So seems Will and Sonny have been having more sex than anybody else in salem lately since they've spent every night together. Finally Sonny got to show some emotion today. So nice to finally see.

I do feel for Will but Sami thinking Will's pain outweighs Sonny's is pure crap. I am tired of Will always being the victim. He caused the mess he is in. So no Sami, your son's pain isn't more important than how Sonny is feeling. Sonny let himself fall in love with a guy that betrayed him for months.

Loved the Will and Sonny scenes. Today reminded me how much better they are when real drama and angst is thrown in. Loved Sonny finally letting Will know that he won't just forgive him at the snap of a finger. So glad they didn't drop the fact Sonny told Will he wasn't ready for kids. But Sonny is so right that had he known what happened with Will, he may have seen things different. The fact is Will didn't trust their love enough to tell Sonny the truth and let him decide what for himself what he wants.

EJ gloating over Sami and Rafe arguing was kind of funny :laugh: .

Rafe STFU also. Really Rafe, Gabi and Nick all need to STFU!

MericP
Member Avatar

I've always hated Will - ugh.

EJ made him a bit more interesting but now I hate EJill because EJ is in the place Lucas should be.

But my Will hate really reared its head today with this whole thing between Nick and then Sonny.

Will lies.

#teamnick

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Hamilton
:laugh: Ej to Rafe : "Sami was lied to for months about a situation that affects her family profoundly. You don't understand why she would be resentful of that? Have you ever stopped to think about this from her point of view?" OMG!! :lol:

'You mean exactly like when you kidnapped Sydney and led the family to believe she had died?' Come on Rafe! You really missed the zinger on that one!
This shit is hard to watch! Sami and EJ saying the things they are saying is just ridiculous.

oraclerogue
Member Avatar

I actually am excited to see how this Will/Gabi/Nick storyline plays out. Its about time the writers got their shit together and put out a decent story that involved more than just the main players.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

BB is doing great, totally buying his intense and controlled version of cray. Will's face when he found out he was having a daughter was beautiful. Wished there was more to the Adrienne/Sami scenes, but I did take Sami's point that Will is under a tad more stress than Sonny is. LOVED EJ defending Sami and somehow managed to hate Rafe even more after he said that all the kids were going to be screwed. Too bad they can't be wonderful, productive, sane members of society like his sainted sister.

MericP
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 23 2013, 10:45 PM
Hamilton
:laugh: Ej to Rafe : "Sami was lied to for months about a situation that affects her family profoundly. You don't understand why she would be resentful of that? Have you ever stopped to think about this from her point of view?" OMG!! :lol:

'You mean exactly like when you kidnapped Sydney and led the family to believe she had died?' Come on Rafe! You really missed the zinger on that one!
This shit is hard to watch! Sami and EJ saying the things they are saying is just ridiculous.
I can't argue statements like this one.

The fangirl in me ignores them so I can enjoy my couple.

But the reality is that Sami is a hypocrite - hate it or love it.

So long as her actions suit her all is well. And this time - she wants to play the victim because of someone else's lies even though she has no issues lying when it serves her purpose.

It is what it is but I admit it is difficult to be a Sami fan sometimes 'cause you can't justify or make sense of very much.

MericP
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Jan 23 2013, 10:50 PM
BB is doing great, totally buying his intense and controlled version of cray. Will's face when he found out he was having a daughter was beautiful. Wished there was more to the Adrienne/Sami scenes, but I did take Sami's point that Will is under a tad more stress than Sonny is. LOVED EJ defending Sami and somehow managed to hate Rafe even more after he said that all the kids were going to be screwed. Too bad they can't be wonderful, productive, sane members of society like his sainted sister.
Though Gabi is certainly not 'sainted' I don't find her actions much worse than any of Sami's - thus far.

So I do wish Sami had shown more compassion towards Gabi on her wedding day - lies or no lies.

God knows Sami would have done the same thing and hoped people would forgive her. How many times have we watched her cry and grovel at her many failed weddings, lol?

Sami's gotta know the pain it would cause to have a child taken from her. So I would hope that she wouldn't try to do that to someone else although she's already done it to all the fathers of her children so I'm not holding my breath.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

MericP
Jan 23 2013, 10:51 PM
Angie79
Jan 23 2013, 10:45 PM
Hamilton

I can't argue statements like this one.

The fangirl in me ignores them so I can enjoy my couple.

But the reality is that Sami is a hypocrite - hate it or love it.

So long as her actions suit her all is well. And this time - she wants to play the victim because of someone else's lies even though she has no issues lying when it serves her purpose.

It is what it is but I admit it is difficult to be a Sami fan sometimes 'cause you can't justify or make sense of very much.
The way to watch this show is to pretend like you have memory issues. Seriously, don't think about anything that happened more than 6 months ago and it's a much more enjoyable experience

LonePirate
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 23 2013, 10:03 PM

This is exactly why this baby\custody story has so much potential. It could be really fantastic if the writers focus on the battle lines and both sides going all out to win.

Unfortunately, I have learned to keep my expectations in check because rarely are they ever met. Granted, I was ready to grab my torch and pitchfork and march on the studio when word leaked last summer that Will and Gabi would be having sex. I thought these writers had lost their minds by peddling such crap. However along the way, the story hasn't been nearly as bad as I feared. In fact, there have been several outstanding moments and episodes during the past several months. I only hope the captain of this ship is able to maintain this course without hitting an iceberg.

I was hoping for more fireworks between Adrienne and Sami; but their scenes were still good. I hope Lucas and Kate will have their chances to weigh in with Sami and the same goes for Sonny. I also want to see Hope, Maggie and Julie have some meaningful conversations with Nick as that angle of the story has not been told so far.

Overall, today's episode was pretty entertaining and fun to watch. I am impressed that an entire episode was devoted to the fallout of Chad's wedding bombshell well over a week ago. His big brother should take note on how to screw up the lives of so many Salemites. Did Chad and Kristen have a top secret, off screen pow wow where she tutored him on being a DiMera? Instead of sulking and being apologetic, Chad should hold his head up high and be proud of all of the chaos he has caused.

Why the hell hasn't anyone given Sonny a hug?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply