Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Behind The Scenes - Dylan McAvoy (He's got a personality)
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 01:06 PM (1,000 Views)
Checkers
Member Avatar

Quote:

The move from Port Charles to Genoa City has been an enjoyable one so far for Steve Burton, who plays the role of Dylan McAvoy beginning Tuesday, January 29th. After more than 20 years as General Hospital's stoic Jason Morgan, "I've smiled more on this show than I ever have in my life," Steve said, explaining that, "I get to play more of myself. [On GH] I didn't get to show a lot of personality."

Not to say that he has a complete picture of what Dylan's personality is yet. "I'm still trying to figure out who he is," Steve said of Dylan, a presumed dead war veteran whose very existence is sure to be a shock for former love, Avery. "I come back to town to see if she's happy and if she wants to get back together."

Flashbacks will confirm that Dylan and Avery were really in love, Steve said, and he revealed that Nick and Dylan will fight for Avery but "ultimately it will be her choice."

Most of the scenes Steve has taped so far have been with Joshua Morrow (Nick) and Jessica Collins (Avery) but he expects to "branch out" soon. The entire cast has been very welcoming, he said, calling his first days on the Y&R set "probably one of the best experiences I've ever had at a new job."

Steve and Joshua were actually friends already, and of course his relationship with Executive Producer Jill Farren Phelps - they worked together at GH - is no secret. Steve revealed that he and Jill actually didn't get along when they first met, but she has become "one of my greatest friends, a mentor to me. She creates a comfortable workplace for actors. She cares about actors. You see her on the set, she makes everyone feel appreciated, she creates a great work environment for people to shine and do better work."

More here: source
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply