Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of February 4th; *updated 1/29*
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 01:59 PM (33,210 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

six
Jan 30 2013, 02:40 PM
Panda Panda
Jan 30 2013, 01:31 PM
six
Jan 30 2013, 01:07 PM
SocRMum1
Jan 30 2013, 12:23 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephow
You really have to wonder who's behind this speculated, deliberate off screen cruelty.
I thought they were referring to a SORAS'd Allie and not the actual 5-6 year old Allie?
Perhaps, although If they were talking about something that might take place a decade from now, I have to wonder why they used past tense, ("Maybe Allie found out") as if it had already happened.
As a projected hypothetical, speaking from the POV of 16 yr old Allie hating EJ b/c of what she's learned. Because I think it's safe to say that at this moment Allie doesn't hate EJ. Might not love him, but doesn't hate. Although honestly we have no idea, as she is never on enough to give much indication. But I don't think the post was saying right now Allie hates EJ because she found about his raping Sami. I took it more like the "at-some-point" Allie would hate EJ if she found out what he did. That post was a repsonse to another post listing some "if" hypotheticals of facts Allie might find out that would harden her heart to Ej. I don't think the idea was that a six year old girl would or should know what rape is. I am again speaking for posters so I don't want to make a habit of this, and I could be wrong - found is past tense - but I really have doubts that was the initial intention.

It could have also just been another typo. I guess only Vicky can give a definitive answer =)
Edited by elci525, Jan 30 2013, 03:02 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

I'm no Ejami fan (due 100% to Sami being part of that pairing), but I guess I can't see how Johnny learning the truth will change his feelings for his father. Because Sami obviously got over it - she's slept with EJ multiple times since then, has dated him, gotten engaged to him, has/had/will have a relationship with him. I think the show's gone out of its way to show us that Sami doesn't feel like it was rape. Maybe she might have at one time, but she's over it.

Didn't Will know the truth? It didn't stop him from having a relationship with EJ (and becoming his lackey).

It will be glossed over and/or forgotten. The show has decided it wants EJ and Sami to have relationship possibilities, so that part of their history will be left by the wayside.

six
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 30 2013, 02:48 PM
six
Panda Panda
six
Jan 30 2013, 01:07 PM

I thought they were referring to a SORAS'd Allie and not the actual 5-6 year old Allie?
Perhaps, although If they were talking about something that might take place a decade from now, I have to wonder why they used past tense, ("Maybe Allie found out") as if it had already happened.
As a projected hypothetical, speaking from the POV of 16 yr old Allie hating EJ b/c of what she's learned. Because I think it's safe to say that at this moment Allie doesn't hate EJ. Might not love him, but doesn't hate. Although honestly we have no idea, as she is never on enough to give much indication. But I don't think the post was saying right now Allie hates EJ because she found about his raping Sami. I took it more like the "at-some-point" Allie would hate EJ if she found out what he did. I don't think the idea was that a six year old girl would or should know what rape is. I am again speaking for posters so I don't want to make a habit of this, and I could be wrong - found is past tense - but I really have doubts that was the initial intention.

It could have also just been another typo. I guess only Vicky can give a definitive answer =)
With all due respect, just because you feel it's safe to say Allie doesn't currently hate EJ, doesn't mean nobody else does. People develop entire personalities for characters based on flimsy evidence all the time.

Edited by six, Jan 30 2013, 03:10 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jan 30 2013, 02:59 PM
I'm no Ejami fan (due 100% to Sami being part of that pairing), but I guess I can't see how Johnny learning the truth will change his feelings for his father. Because Sami obviously got over it - she's slept with EJ multiple times since then, has dated him, gotten engaged to him, has/had/will have a relationship with him. I think the show's gone out of its way to show us that Sami doesn't feel like it was rape. Maybe she might have at one time, but she's over it.

Didn't Will know the truth? It didn't stop him from having a relationship with EJ (and becoming his lackey).

It will be glossed over and/or forgotten. The show has decided it wants EJ and Sami to have relationship possibilities, so that part of their history will be left by the wayside.

While I agree, I think this is a major problem the show has in general. I'd still like to see Abby and Stephanie find out about Jack and Kayla. That's good conflict and good, layered story. Having everyone just get over everything all the time is what kills the show for me.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 30 2013, 03:05 PM
Sariah

While I agree, I think this is a major problem the show has in general. I'd still like to see Abby and Stephanie find out about Jack and Kayla. That's good conflict and good, layered story. Having everyone just get over everything all the time is what kills the show for me.
I agree.

I think Sariah is probably right that they will gloss over it, but even though I like Ejami, I think it would be good story if they had to deal with this in say another 5 years (sorasing allowed). I don't even think it would have to be a case where one of the kids ended up hating EJ or Sami for that matter, but some conflict would be soapy.

elci525
Member Avatar

six
Jan 30 2013, 03:02 PM
elci525
six
Panda Panda

As a projected hypothetical, speaking from the POV of 16 yr old Allie hating EJ b/c of what she's learned. Because I think it's safe to say that at this moment Allie doesn't hate EJ. Might not love him, but doesn't hate. Although honestly we have no idea, as she is never on enough to give much indication. But I don't think the post was saying right now Allie hates EJ because she found about his raping Sami. I took it more like the "at-some-point" Allie would hate EJ if she found out what he did. I don't think the idea was that a six year old girl would or should know what rape is. I am again speaking for posters so I don't want to make a habit of this, and I could be wrong - found is past tense - but I really have doubts that was the initial intention.

With all due respect, just because you feel it's safe to say Allie doesn't currently hate EJ, doesn't mean nobody else does. People develop entire personalities for characters based on flimsy evidence all the time.
LOL - oh I am WELL aware of this!! Have you read my posts - haha, I do it all the time, so I know =) In my crazy shipper mind Allie totally hates EJ, But reasonably I can't say that for certain.

And I know just b/c I think that way doesn't mean everyone else does, or that some fans aren't imagining whole back-stories/off-screen stories. My point, however, really was that an an inference was made as to a poster possibly suggesting a little girl should know what rape is, and I was simply trying to counter that inference, and basically debate how past tense "found' doesn't have to mean past tense from now or to refer to something that has happened in relation to "today". Or that maybe not so much stock should be put into the single word "found" and its tense as a basis for drawing such a conclusion.
Edited by elci525, Jan 30 2013, 03:24 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Sariah

that why i can not stand the show they gloss on almsot everything

elci525
Member Avatar

Sariah
Agreed, which is what made that whole thing so maddening.

I didn't hate the EJ/Will dynamic at first, as long as it meant Will maintained his dislike and distrust of EJ. Respect him in some ways, felt he could learn from him, was on some level grateful he didn't say anything about Will shooting him, although not so much so that he would allow that to erase entirely the initial hatred that provoked him to shoot EJ in the first place, or a new surge of hate that resulted from seeing him and Sami have grunty griefsex. And he could have been intoxicated by the perks of the job, but not so much so that he'd forget who EJ was and what he'd done. But it soon became something else, which is what infuriated me at the time.
Edited by elci525, Jan 30 2013, 03:39 PM.

six
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 30 2013, 03:13 PM
six
Jan 30 2013, 03:02 PM
elci525
six

LOL - oh I am WELL aware of this!! Have you read my posts - haha, I do it all the time, so I know =) In my crazy shipper mind Allie totally hates EJ, But reasonably I can't say that for certain.

Point really is that an an inference was made as to a poster possibly suggesting a little girl should know what rape is, and I was simply trying to counter that inference, and basically debate how past tense "found' doesn't have to mean past tense from now or to refer to something that has happened in relation to "today". Or that maybe not so much stock should be put into the single word "found" and its tense as a basis for drawing such a conclusion.
While 'found' was the example I used, I drew my conclusion from the post as a whole. I see how you have reached a different conclusion and that's fine. We'll have to agree to disagree.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SoapGal1
Jan 30 2013, 03:12 PM
lysie
Sariah

I agree.

I think Sariah is probably right that they will gloss over it, but even though I like Ejami, I think it would be good story if they had to deal with this in say another 5 years (sorasing allowed). I don't even think it would have to be a case where one of the kids ended up hating EJ or Sami for that matter, but some conflict would be soapy.
The best way IMHO to handle it is if Sydney is sorased and she has a similar experience to what Ej did to Sami... Deal and all... Then she finds out what her father did to her mother and starts to have issues with Ej because of it

Harmony233

LuvingLumi
Jan 30 2013, 03:36 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 30 2013, 03:12 PM
lysie
Sariah

I agree.

The best way IMHO to handle it is if Sydney is sorased and she has a similar experience to what Ej did to Sami... Deal and all... Then she finds out what her father did to her mother and starts to have issues with Ej because of it
On GH when they had Lucky find out about Luke raping Laura great stuff

supercool74
Member Avatar

lysie
Sariah

I've been waiting years for this to come out. I can't believe they've just glossed over it. I mean, Kayla and Jack were friendly with each other...even this last run, but you could feel the awkwardness when they did share scenes. I've always wondered if Abby knew and it has all just been pushed under the rug...or if they never knew. They really missed the boat on that.

ETA: Regarding EJ/Sami...I don't think they'll ever really address that. They haven't all these years. I think I even saw a tweet from AS saying that she didn't think Sami was a victim...or something to that effect. So if she doesn't feel that way, I doubt the show goes there anytime soon.
Edited by supercool74, Jan 30 2013, 04:03 PM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

lysie
Sariah

Oh, I totally agree. It should be a conflict. Like you pointed out, Stephanie should have had problems with her Uncle Jack, and maybe with Abby just because of what she learned. Abby should have been torn up over it - much like Jack had his issues with Harper being the way he was, how would it affect Abby? It could've been great.

I do think there should be fallout someday from Ejami and the twins' conception, I just don't think there will be. The show likes to sweep things under the rug, not realizing this conflict is what drives soaps in general. There should be repercussions for the upcoming generation over the sins of their fathers.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

lysie
Sariah

That would be a great story! And give Kayla and Abby a story line. Maybe Stephanie can participate via telephone like with Parker's paternity reveal. LOL
Seriously, I would love to See Kayla play that out but sadly it will never happen...
Edited by BJ Deveraux, Jan 30 2013, 05:58 PM.

Will&Sonny

elci525
Jan 30 2013, 11:49 AM
six
Jan 30 2013, 11:26 AM
Does anyone actually care how Lucas feels about EJ? Well I guess some fans do, but no one on the shoe seems to. All of Sami's kids, except Will should be pleased that Sami forgives the unforgivable. They wouldn't be here otherwise.
I think the post about "like Lucas should just give E.J. a free pass on raping Sami" may have been a typo, as the conversation preceding it was about Allie's feelings about EJ, and so I think "like Allie should just give E.J. a free pass on raping Sami" b/c he deigned to help Lucas was intended. I can't speak for other posters of course, and I could be so entirely wrong, but that was the impression I had reading it.
No, it wasn't a typo. While the conversation had mainly been about Allie at the point of my post, the post that I was responding to (as the quoted portion of my post indicated) seemed to heavily imply that Lucas should be grateful to E.J. for saving his life.

Dazefan4now
Jan 29 2013, 11:09 PM
Poor Lucas. Thank goodness EJ kept up his side of the bargain and saved him.

I completely disagree with that implication. No one -- least of all Lucas -- should be expected to give E.J. a free pass on raping Sami simply because he deigned to do a good deed afterward, like it was some sort of penance or something. Raping Sami was not required in order to save Lucas' life. As I said before, it wasn't Gummiberry Juice. He didn't rape Sami because he knew that raping someone would give the superhuman strength that he would need to save Lucas' life. It wasn't some noble sacrifice for the greater good. He didn't take one for the team. He committed a cruel act simply because he could, and the fact that he deigned to hold up his end of the bargain after committing that act really has no bearing whatsoever on how Lucas, Allie, or anyone else should feel about him for committing that act in the first place.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Ok did I miss a spoiler about Allie hating EJ because she finds out about
how she & Johnny were conceived ?
Color me confused :shrug:

Will&Sonny

trojangal
Jan 30 2013, 08:14 PM
Ok did I miss a spoiler about Allie hating EJ because she finds out about
how she & Johnny were conceived ?
Color me confused :shrug:
No. We weren't talking about a spoiler -- we were just discussing a future storyline possibility.

Cathalina

The idea of any of the children hating EJ for raping Sami is interesting, but the show has passed by that issue with super high gloss polish that I doubt they would ever go there. Frankly, that's the whole weak link with the Ejami storyline, IMO. You can pass over some things, but not rape, or shooting someone in the head, or putting someone's husband's doppelganger in their bed in order to sleep with them. While I would LOVE for one of the Ejami Spawn to realize how dear ole dad knocked up mom, I doubt the hate would all be on EJ. I mean, how could her daughters respect Sami as a woman when she is romancing her rapist?

concerned
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jan 30 2013, 03:17 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 29 2013, 08:04 PM
Harmony233
Jan 29 2013, 07:27 PM
Deverauxfan
Jan 29 2013, 07:03 PM
^ Johnny and Sydney are EJ's kids.
poor kids
They seem to be just fine, IMO. I can't remember the last time I saw Allie, on the other hand. Poor girl is damn near invisible. :shame:
She was the flower girl at Gabi's wedding.She looked beautiful,like a miniature bride.
Flower girls with veils is weird.....hoping it doesn't catch on - they are flower girls not mini brides.

appleblossom

I don't recall Allie wearing a veil,I have to watch the clip on YT. I recall she did have flowers in her hair.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply