Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of February 4th; *updated 1/29*
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 01:59 PM (32,781 Views)
Aliaron
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Jan 26 2013, 05:47 AM
Partnersincrime
Jan 24 2013, 06:28 AM
AngelOB
Jan 24 2013, 03:24 AM
greeneyedgirl
Jan 23 2013, 11:26 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Be that as it may (and it's 100% true), I do think he will pop up at some point to contribute his $.02. I enjoyed his scenes with Will last week or the week before when he was telling Will to basically man up and take some responsibility (and yes, he was yelling then too). With Kate recently having 'lost' Parker, you'd think that Lucas would find a willing scheming partner in her to take on Nick and ensure that Will gets to keep his daughter, especially since Nick and Kate had that recent spat about his job application.
the problem lucas should not just pop up he should be big part of the story and if lucas is nonimportant to story to be big part of it to that logic neiter should sami be important to story too
I agree that Lucas should have a bigger role to play in this storyline, I think the main problem is that Tomlin considers the character to be irrelevant. It's hard to overcome that kind of obstacle, IMO. Hell, Tomlin is not even bothering to write scenes for Lucas and Kate in any real capacity. That can't be good.

I don't think that Will accepting advice from EJ or EJ wanting to help Will equals EJ usurping Lucas' fatherly role, though. Let's face it, when this whole baby thing came out of nowhere both Lucas and Sami got pretty excitable about the whole thing while EJ can look at it from a less personal, more detached POV. It was the same thing when Will came out, Sami and Lucas freaked while EJ calmly let Will know he was on his side and could be counted on for support. Will is a young adult who is well aware of who his parents are and he doesn't see EJ as a fatherly figure, but rather more of a mentor that at times he's on the outs with. Completely different from say Johnny/Allie/Sydney and their relationship with Rafe, which due to their young ages resulted in him very much being a replacement father to them.
Ej is totally Lucas in this storyline. You could put Lucas in the same scenes saying the same lines and it makes more sense. Even Rafe's crack about Johnny and Sydney made it sound like EJ was Will's father. The line made no sense at all.

Ej as this character, Sami and Will's super support, does not even look remotely like EJ.

Fuck Everett. We're watching Lucas now being played by Ej. The true Ejucas.

And here I thought Corduffy was bad.
Edited by Aliaron, Jan 26 2013, 07:07 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

deletemyaccountplease

You just blew my mind

Thats spot on

Vetting4fun

All my beefs, Not liking Jennifer anymore. Sure fell in love again quickly. FF all her scenes with Daniel. Enjoying Anne and Chloe scheming. Brady character is being wasted. I must have messed the 5 min. Sami chose Rafe. After she chewed out Gaby, she deserves EJ. I wish Gabi would tell Will the things Sami said to her at the church. Rafe should be with Nicole. Stick it to Sami. Keeping Bo in Salem but off camera for me is better than recasting in my mind. Biggest beef: it used to snow in Salem. New Year's Eve women were in sleeveless dresses. Horton Square may be "indoors" but the entrance from outside has no door. Even outside the pub, there is no snow or sign of winter. Background people are in scarves and gloves but main characters are in suits no overcoat or just in sport coats. As long as they hold a hot coffee, they're warm???

elci525
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Partnersincrime
AngelOB
greeneyedgirl
Jan 23 2013, 11:26 PM

Be that as it may (and it's 100% true), I do think he will pop up at some point to contribute his $.02. I enjoyed his scenes with Will last week or the week before when he was telling Will to basically man up and take some responsibility (and yes, he was yelling then too). With Kate recently having 'lost' Parker, you'd think that Lucas would find a willing scheming partner in her to take on Nick and ensure that Will gets to keep his daughter, especially since Nick and Kate had that recent spat about his job application.
the problem lucas should not just pop up he should be big part of the story and if lucas is nonimportant to story to be big part of it to that logic neiter should sami be important to story too
I agree that Lucas should have a bigger role to play in this storyline, I think the main problem is that Tomlin considers the character to be irrelevant. It's hard to overcome that kind of obstacle, IMO. Hell, Tomlin is not even bothering to write scenes for Lucas and Kate in any real capacity. That can't be good.

I don't think that Will accepting advice from EJ or EJ wanting to help Will equals EJ usurping Lucas' fatherly role, though. Let's face it, when this whole baby thing came out of nowhere both Lucas and Sami got pretty excitable about the whole thing while EJ can look at it from a less personal, more detached POV. It was the same thing when Will came out, Sami and Lucas freaked while EJ calmly let Will know he was on his side and could be counted on for support. Will is a young adult who is well aware of who his parents are and he doesn't see EJ as a fatherly figure, but rather more of a mentor that at times he's on the outs with. Completely different from say Johnny/Allie/Sydney and their relationship with Rafe, which due to their young ages resulted in him very much being a replacement father to them.
Lucas didn't freak when Will first came out. He was surprised, I guess, caught off guard a little - but that convo he and Will had when Will first came out was very understanding. It wasn't until later that the writers decided he should have an issue with it. Sami did freak out, however, and left the room.

While yes ideally, I would like EJ to have no part in this story, I realize that is not exactly reasonable: He has helped Will in the past, he is a lawyer, it's part of the Ejami reconnection storyline, it's EJ so he can't not be front-and-center in a big storyline, etc. I am not sure if I think of this as EJ "usurping" Lucas's fatherly role - maybe a little. But my concern is more from a show perspective, that to make room for EJ and his-related story bits within this storyline, there just isn't room for Lucas to figure prominently. It's Ejami plotting and scheming and not Lumi plotting and scheming, or even Lucate plotting and scheming, etc. And that is my concern and source of unhappiness/annoyance, should that come to pass. While I understand that Lucas isn't exactly a primary player on the show, in THIS storyline he does have a very valid, important and legit place. He is very much relevant. So should he figure marginally in the story - a fear informed by Lucas's general lack of airtime, the fact that I very much agree the writers consider him irrelevant (which is bullshit), recent tweets and spoilers (which I realize aren't gospel, but they aren't painting a great picture) - I won't be happy. I just hope I am pleasantly surprised.

And if it turns out EJ and Sami are making all the decisions and shown having all the discussions (esp. discussions which lay people and not just lawyers are capable of conducting), and Lucas is involved only occasionally at best, then I say in this storyline, yes that WOULD be EJ usurping Lucas's fatherly role. Or at least the show placing priority on one relationship over another. While understandable and something I should just swallow and get over, t'would still suck.
Edited by elci525, Jan 26 2013, 10:04 PM.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I was so into the will/sonny/gabi/nick story until sami`s insertion. Unsurprisingly, its now all about her. Who cares what she thinks/feels about it? This is Will`s storyline not hers. It has turned into a springing board of sami`s "I`m choosing so and so". The major focus should be on wilson/nabi not sami`s lovefest. As for EJ (shudders), l can do without him in ANYTHING.
The only things that interest me now are jarlena/bristen/ericole. I can take this in huge doses.
And my enjoyment for this wilson story will return ten-fold when THEY are the major focus again.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Jan 26 2013, 12:48 PM
I was so into the will/sonny/gabi/nick story until sami`s insertion. Unsurprisingly, its now all about her. Who cares what she thinks/feels about it? This is Will`s storyline not hers. It has turned into a springing board of sami`s "I`m choosing so and so". The major focus should be on wilson/nabi not sami`s lovefest. As for EJ (shudders), l can do without him in ANYTHING.
The only things that interest me now are jarlena/bristen/ericole. I can take this in huge doses.
And my enjoyment for this wilson story will return ten-fold when THEY are the major focus again.
i liked Sami's initial reaction, but beyond that, I agree far too much focus on her. And EJ, man I was wishing Rafe would have decked him when he started defending Sami's "feelings"! No, EJ, you're wrong, Sami's NOT allowed those feelings because she's filled with more selfishness than anyone in the world, ever.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Jan 26 2013, 09:29 AM
You just blew my mind

Thats spot on
I know, right! Ej has been put out to pasture for EJUCAS.

Harmony233

lazydazes
Jan 26 2013, 12:48 PM
IA its ridclous its sad because i used to really enjoy sami but the more they have all these men chase her and shes in every single story makes me loathe her more and more lol and shes not even a fun meddler like kate is lol

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Aliaron
Jan 26 2013, 06:59 AM
AngelOB
Partnersincrime
AngelOB

Ej is totally Lucas in this storyline. You could put Lucas in the same scenes saying the same lines and it makes more sense. Even Rafe's crack about Johnny and Sydney made it sound like EJ was Will's father. The line made no sense at all.

Ej as this character, Sami and Will's super support, does not even look remotely like EJ.

Fuck Everett. We're watching Lucas now being played by Ej. The true Ejucas.

And here I thought Corduffy was bad.
You know I found it kind of strange last week or the week before when someone here put up the dialogue for the Sami and Ej scene where he lends his support for Will to her and they are talking about Will and all....the person noted it was a dialogue that would have been better suited for Lumi and frankly now that you mention it....he is Lucas in this storyline...lol...fuck Everett, Ejucas it is!

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Looking forward to the EJAMI,.. lets hope its good weeks ahead. I will put my glasses on. :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

Week Of Feb 4th from Days Will & Sonny FB page
Will makes a heartbreaking admission to Sonny. Is there any hope for a reunion for those two?

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

johnwalterseip
Jan 26 2013, 06:43 PM
Will makes a heartbreaking admission to Sonny. Is there any hope for a reunion for those two?
I'm guessing he tells Sonny that he knows about him and Brian?

WillFan
Member Avatar

johnwalterseip
Jan 26 2013, 06:43 PM

Yes.

Posted Image
Edited by WillFan, Jan 26 2013, 06:55 PM.

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

Speculation on Week Of Feb 4th

Could be one of Three Things

1) Will tells Sonny about Brian telling Will that he had sex with Sonny. Will Sonny believe him or think he's lying?

OR
2) Will knowing that Nick knows about Will and Lucas' cover up tells Sonny that He (Will) shot EJ not his father

OR
3) Even though Will is upset over Brian & Sonny, he tells Sonny no matter how much it hurts him that if Sonny needs to date Brian or anyone else, he will respect that. Will tells him he hopes that in time, Sonny will realize he can trust Will again & that their love can continue

if my #2 spec comes true, I wonder if Sonny then tells Will what Gabi did with Andrew & to Melanie?

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

Ryan ‏@SourceRyan
#Wilson fans...remember that "Fight for this Love" title I used a few weeks ago? Keep that in mind. #DAYS

six
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jan 24 2013, 04:29 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 24 2013, 04:11 PM
Frankly when Rafe was playing daddy to Ej's kids I heard enough of how he was in that story and he shouldn't be and yada, yada, yada and they have a father, etc.......same shit now....in reversed roles...
the diffrence its ej and is allowed playing daddy to lucas kids :sarcasm:
Yea, I really loved the way everyone came together and complained when Rafe began to play the role of dad to Johnny and Nicole played mom to Syd.

Danloe really likes double dating with Brady. They did the same thing back when Arianna was in the picture.

I wonder what Sami wants help with? Probably legal advice, instead of plotting, like it should be.
Edited by six, Jan 26 2013, 07:29 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Oh, I think people complained, not 'everyone' but I don't see 'everyone' complaining now about this either....it's sort of the same thing...some people are having issues with it and others are thinking the ones having issues are jumping to conclusions because it's only been 2 or 3 Salem Days or what not....I just don't trust Tomlin and Company to do anything that 'makes sense' and leaving Lucas out of this story makes no sense....and it's something he would definitely do.

supercool74
Member Avatar

johnwalterseip
Jan 26 2013, 07:14 PM
Speculation on Week Of Feb 4th

Could be one of Three Things

1) Will tells Sonny about Brian telling Will that he had sex with Sonny. Will Sonny believe him or think he's lying?

OR
2) Will knowing that Nick knows about Will and Lucas' cover up tells Sonny that He (Will) shot EJ not his father

OR
3) Even though Will is upset over Brian & Sonny, he tells Sonny no matter how much it hurts him that if Sonny needs to date Brian or anyone else, he will respect that. Will tells him he hopes that in time, Sonny will realize he can trust Will again & that their love can continue

if my #2 spec comes true, I wonder if Sonny then tells Will what Gabi did with Andrew & to Melanie?
Hmmm, I was thinking he might tell him about shooting EJ as well. It has to come out sooner or later, but for some reason I think this may have more to do with Brian. Is there any hope of a reunion? Of course. Otherwise I wouldn't be watching. ;) They are just going to torture me until it happens.

Cathalina

LuvingLumi
Jan 27 2013, 12:15 PM
Oh, I think people complained, not 'everyone' but I don't see 'everyone' complaining now about this either....it's sort of the same thing...some people are having issues with it and others are thinking the ones having issues are jumping to conclusions because it's only been 2 or 3 Salem Days or what not....I just don't trust Tomlin and Company to do anything that 'makes sense' and leaving Lucas out of this story makes no sense....and it's something he would definitely do.
I love Lucas, but the only way I can see him not being in the story is if EJ and Sami cook up a crooked plot with a side order of dumb ass that is morally beneath Lucas...which quite honestly I can see them doing. Sami already showed she had a warped view of things from the way she totally exonerated Will when he admitted to not being strongly committed to being a father out of fear of losing Sonny. Now Sami is implying Gabi will be an unfit mother, as if she should judge anyone. Or EJ for that matter? Lucas I think would better serve as a moral compass for his son, unlike Sami and her trained poodle KiKi.oh wait, I mean EJ. Then again Lucas would not repeatedly attack a pregnant woman....again unlike Sami.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 27 2013, 12:15 PM
Oh, I think people complained, not 'everyone' but I don't see 'everyone' complaining now about this either....it's sort of the same thing0...some people are having issues with it and others are thinking the ones having issues are jumping to conclusions because it's only been 2 or 3 Salem Days or what not....I just don't trust Tomlin and Company to do anything that 'makes sense' and leaving Lucas out of this story makes no sense....and it's something he would definitely do.
On the bold - it's the exact same thing. which is why I posted what I did in response to the post that makes it out like this is some kind of brand new situation that's happening because it's Lucas or because it's good for EJ.
Edited by six, Jan 27 2013, 07:15 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply