Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of February 4th; *updated 1/29*
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 01:59 PM (33,677 Views)
Cathalina

LuvingLumi
Jan 27 2013, 12:15 PM
Oh, I think people complained, not 'everyone' but I don't see 'everyone' complaining now about this either....it's sort of the same thing...some people are having issues with it and others are thinking the ones having issues are jumping to conclusions because it's only been 2 or 3 Salem Days or what not....I just don't trust Tomlin and Company to do anything that 'makes sense' and leaving Lucas out of this story makes no sense....and it's something he would definitely do.
I totally agree with you here. Lucas being shut out of this plotline is totally illogical, and yet from spoilers it seems its become more a case of who Sami will plant herself underneath next. At least when Lucas advised his son he...I don't know...made sense and gave him a needed thunk on the head that he needed. Will's focus needs to be on his child and not Sonny. Now if only SAMI could learn the same thing it would be a good thing. Really, Lucas is the only parent Will has with a brain. Tomlin however seems to think we LIKE watching idiots bounce around like mosquitos in a bug zapper so bring on Sami and her tfained puppy Everett-neutered because Sami keeps his testicles in her purse.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Lucas isn't "shut out" from this storyline. He's interacted with Will, Sami, EJ, Justin and Adrienne so far and this leg of the storyline just started. IMO, it looks like the "problem" some have is that EJ is involved in it at all. It looks like he'll date Will's mother, has a nice relationship with Will right now and Nick digging into Will shooting him might come into play again so EJ will play a role in this. Moreover, it looks like everyone from the 30s set will be involved in some way. Even Nicole gave some advice to Gabi. I can't remember the last time they shared scenes prior. It wouldn't surprise me if she stays involved in this s/l somehow.

I think folks are rushing to judgment to this just a tad. I think Lucas will have a significant role in this story.

lysie
Member Avatar

I think conversation would be a lot different if BD hadn't mentioned a screen time issue. Frustration that EJ is included in story is no different than frustration when Rafe is included in story.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

lysie
Jan 27 2013, 09:09 PM
I think conversation would be a lot different if BD hadn't mentioned a screen time issue. Frustration that EJ is included in story is no different than frustration when Rafe is included in story.

LOL!

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
I think Bryan's screen time issue will come when this story arc comes to an end.

elci525
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 27 2013, 08:55 PM
Lucas isn't "shut out" from this storyline. He's interacted with Will, Sami, EJ, Justin and Adrienne so far and this leg of the storyline just started. IMO, it looks like the "problem" some have is that EJ is involved in it at all. It looks like he'll date Will's mother, has a nice relationship with Will right now and Nick digging into Will shooting him might come into play again so EJ will play a role in this. Moreover, it looks like everyone from the 30s set will be involved in some way. Even Nicole gave some advice to Gabi. I can't remember the last time they shared scenes prior. It wouldn't surprise me if she stays involved in this s/l somehow.

I think folks are rushing to judgment to this just a tad. I think Lucas will have a significant role in this story.
No - not so. I disagree. My frustration is not solely that EJ is involved in the story. I have tried to be very fair about this worry, and tried to reasonably explain the cause of my concern. I mean, yes, for as much as I dislike EJ, of course I would like him no where near a story that could very well involve Lumi or just Lucas in a significant way. And that is me speaking as a crazycrazy fan of a pairing, obvi. But that's not what this is about. I have reasoned that it's not nonsense that EJ is involved. I have stated why I think he is in the story, and those reasons range from character-driven to more plot-driven, and I have issues with some of those reasons more than others. But whatever - those are my complaints to bear.

And you are right, thus far Lucas has not been shut out entirely. Yes, he had a very nice convo with Will. And then he went away for maybe a day "Salem"-time, but nonetheless several intervening scenes in "me-watching" time. He shared a couple of words with Justine and Adrienne - they showed his support for Will which I loved, but still a couple of passing words they were. And then Lumi shared a scene (again, yes only a day or two Salem time post-wedding, but still several scenes after the fact in "me-watching" time), and I think it was about 40/60 EJ/Will related. Fine. Of course I desire more as a fan, and I am not a blind/deaf hysteric not seeing or hearing when Lucas is on, so it's just fine.

The concern now is informed, as Lysie aptly states, by BD's tweets; by recent spoilers that are not gospel certainly, but seem to indicate EJ and Sami are at the helm; by the general lack of airtime Lucas receives (and since this is a story he deserves a spot it, if he is marginalized that will be most frustrating); and maybe most of all by what truly appears to be the thrust of the narrative as it involved Sami (which is to tell about Safe collapsing and Ejami rebuilding, and also lots of yelling at/hatred harboring towards Gabi).

Now, we may have differing opinions on what "shut out" means - I as a fan of Lucas, and as someone who sees this as a story that holds great potential for him, will be disappointed if he is not featured fairly consistently - not just a cameo once in awhile. And of course I want Lumi involved - they don't have to be romantically linked together certainly, but I think a partnership between them as Will's parents makes sense. And I don't think I am out of line assuming, informed by these factors, that Lucas might just be treated as a secondary or tertiary player. But I would much rather be wrong and stand here with egg on my face, than to see this suspicion come to pass.

I can certainly see ppl unhappy with Rafe when the tried to play father to EJ's kids - that is a completely understandable issue/gripe to have. And I am not equating that situation to this hypothetical one, or even BLAMING EJ or anything, thinking that he is mounting some evil, insidious plot to shut Lucas out. I mean, it is not outside the realm of possibility for EJ to act like a bit of a prick and be dismissive of Lucas. But I am not saying that's what is or will be happening. My concern stems from what I perceive to be the show's attitude towards featuring Lucas, and so far the show hasn't been very eager to do so. The shipper in me might be petty and pissy at EJ, but the reasonable fan has just been upset with the show so far in re: Lucas, and so I am suspicious. And I am not trying to make a case about how incredibly, criminally wronged and victimized I have been as a Lucas fan and how dare Tomsell!!!!. I am only making observations and simply saying that, should this reasonably-informed fear come true, that would make me sad. That's really all this boils down to.

The story is nascent, as I have repeatedly said, so I definitely hope I am proven foolishly wrong and Lucas plays a big part. I wouldn't bet on it though.
Edited by elci525, Jan 28 2013, 07:36 AM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jan 27 2013, 10:26 PM
lysie
I think Bryan's screen time issue will come when this story arc comes to an end.

When did BD send out his tweet that asked for people to tweet their support - was it before the hoidays?

elci525
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 27 2013, 10:57 PM
gailwinters
lysie

When did BD send out his tweet that asked for people to tweet their support - was it before the hoidays?
Before the xmas holidays? Yes - it was around early December. He could have been reacting to a drought that came after the Wabi storyline's denouement - in December they were what, shooting what will be seen in March? So this story is barely begun and it's practically February - I am not convinced it will be over by March.

It's all just speculation really - I am not ready to storm the Bastille or anything. I am just suspicious and trying to explain why that suspicion isn't the product of omgcrazy hysteria. But I guess it could very well be - I've pretty much lost it with this show at this point. :stars:
Edited by elci525, Jan 27 2013, 11:09 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I hope this story isn't over by March. That would be a waste!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 27 2013, 08:55 PM

Once upon a time I cared enough about Sami to care about who she dated, I no longer feel that way. My focus has completely shifted away from that shit....will I always have a soft spot for Lumi? Sure...I've shipped them for 20 years, I think that entitles me to that...but the only reason I might want to see Lumi revisited and that is pretty much when the show ends, is because I want Lucas to be happy and if that makes him happy then so be it.......but if you've noticed the calls for Lucas to get a storyline away from this mess started right around the time before the cliffhanger when it seemed certain they were going with Ejami. So no, I don't believe that what you are saying is completely true regarding people having an issue that Ej is in the story and that he's dating Sami....I believe primarily the frustration is coming more from them not even allowing Lucas to have a story, to not have a romantic interest (not even a day player), and then to top it all off he doesn't appear to really be in this storyline ENOUGH. AT this rate Rafe will get another love interest before Lucas does....I guarantee you if Lucas had another love interest and we saw him in a story away from Sami and he appeared just enough in this story for it to make sense then there would be no one saying shit.....of course then comes the possibility that he'd be paired with the Taylor's of the world..at this rate, I'll take Taylor over nothing, lol....

and Tom....he tweeted in the beginning of December about story/airtime, etc.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 27 2013, 11:04 PM
tomsawyer
gailwinters
lysie

Before the xmas holidays? Yes - it was around December 10th. He could have been reacting to a drought that came after the Wabi storyline's denouement - in December they were what, shooting what will be seen in March? So this story is barely begun and it's practically February - I am not convinced it will be over by March.

It's all just speculation really - I am not ready to storm the Bastille or anything. I am just suspicious and trying to explain why that suspicion isn't the product of craycray hysteria. But I guess it could very well be - I've pretty much lost it with this show at this point. :stars:
They tape 15 weeks ahead, so Dec. 10 would translate to the end of March. I would ithink the baby arc story will probably be resolved for May sweeps.

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jan 27 2013, 11:15 PM
elci525
tomsawyer
gailwinters

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Before the xmas holidays? Yes - it was around December 10th. He could have been reacting to a drought that came after the Wabi storyline's denouement - in December they were what, shooting what will be seen in March? So this story is barely begun and it's practically February - I am not convinced it will be over by March.

It's all just speculation really - I am not ready to storm the Bastille or anything. I am just suspicious and trying to explain why that suspicion isn't the product of craycray hysteria. But I guess it could very well be - I've pretty much lost it with this show at this point. :stars:
They tape 15 weeks ahead, so Dec. 10 would translate to the end of March. I would ithink the baby arc story will probably be resolved for May sweeps.
Really? I don't think so. Tomlin is better at long term storylines than that.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Jan 27 2013, 11:12 PM
I hope this story isn't over by March. That would be a waste!
I don't think it'll be over by March, I doubt the kid will be born by then. Having followed Bryan a while now, I think that tweet was pretty much a way to call attention to the fact that Lucas still does not have a love interest on the show....if you watch the canvas and we know from experience that this show writes for couples/triangle, etc....if the character isn't 'paired off' in some way that spells doom for the character.....maybe he thought that they would leave Lucas single for a period of 3 to 6 months and then pair him up with someone.....Lumi broke up in August.....he tweeted in December, for scenes that would have likely been airing around February....he probably saw that as of then there were no plans to cast anyone for him, or bring a recurring player for him....to top it all off he probably saw that he wasn't even a big part of the Wabi baby storyline post reveal, so he got concerned....that prompted the tweet.....now knowing this industry and how it can change in pretty much a week, I don't know what's happening now....don't know if there are plans to pair him up with someone, don't know if his airtime increased......it's just frustrating because so many fans would welcome something new for a character that hasn't been featured for such a long time....but instead we get the same 4 players having tons of screen time with the same storylines that have been on and off since 2008....it's just depressing. It's sort of the same thing that happened to Matt and Jack fans.....Jack isn't allowed to have a love interest outside of Jennifer but she can have one after another.....it's just wrong.

elci525
Member Avatar

gailwinters
elci525
tomsawyer
gailwinters

OK - end of March. Still don't think the arc of this story would have ended by then. And I am not sure I agree that tptb would want this resolved by May sweeps - seems in might be ratcheted to a higher/different level for then.

But I could be wrong - we shall see.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 27 2013, 11:18 PM
gailwinters
elci525
tomsawyer

I probably should have said I think one phase of it will be resolved. I think the baby will be born. The custody wars will probably go on endlessly.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
gailwinters
elci525
tomsawyer

The story has to change somewhat once the child is born though.....from now till it's born is one part, then comes another part...this reminds me of the different reveals surrounding the baby switch....grace/syd reveal, sydnapping, sydnapping reveal, etc....

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jan 27 2013, 11:23 PM
lysie
gailwinters
elci525

I probably should have said I think one phase of it will be resolved. I think the baby will be born. The custody wars will probably go on endlessly.
So I'd assume BD is going to have a lesser role by that time.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 27 2013, 11:25 PM
gailwinters
Jan 27 2013, 11:23 PM
lysie
gailwinters

So I'd assume BD is going to have a lesser role by that time.
That's my guess.

six
Member Avatar

If he's going to have a big part in the story, I'd think his role would grow once the kid is born. That's how it went with Kate.
Edited by six, Jan 27 2013, 11:30 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

The custody battles are when I'd most like to see him involved!! LOL - and that which might parallel his/Lumi history a bit. I'd love to see the Lucas and Kate plotting that blows up in their face or not. And frankly Lumi scheming and plotting that blows up in their face or not - but that is probably too much to wish for.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply