Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of February 4th; *updated 1/29*
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 01:59 PM (32,801 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 27 2013, 11:24 PM
lysie
Jan 27 2013, 11:18 PM
Really? I don't think so. Tomlin is better at long term storylines than that.
The story has to change somewhat once the child is born though.....from now till it's born is one part, then comes another part...this reminds me of the different reveals surrounding the baby switch....grace/syd reveal, sydnapping, sydnapping reveal, etc....
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm figuring. Part 1 was the time up until the wedding and the babydaddy reveal. Part 2 is post-wedding until the baby is born and looks like it's going to be some sort of custody battle. Part 3 should start in May once baby is here and whatever the next twist is in the story. Etc., etc., etc. So far, I'm liking the story way more than I thought possible, so I hope they keep going with it.

Re: BD's role in it and the timing of the tweet (BTW, thanks LL and elci for the replies), I'm wondering if once we get into the custody battle stuff that BD's role starts to diminish. My guess is that he will be on maybe once a week to argue with Sami about whatever course of action she is driving. But from BD's tweet and b/c Sami will be paired with EJ, I doubt we get much more Lucas than that.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Right, and that's what I mean. That would be a colossal bummer - at least to my mind, which thinks Lucas could have a very fun, substantive role along with Kate in the perhaps all-too-familiar custody drama battleground. And it is in the custody bits that I've been thinking EJ would have the greater role - as Will's lawyer/counsel, as part of Ejami - that would cause Lucas to be sidelined (the decision-making he and Sami might do together, his advising Will, driving that action, etc.) And it is in the custody bits that I would most like to see Lumi have some kind of partnership other than for Lucas to argue with Sami once in awhile, which sounds rather ignominious to me - or at least lame - and certainly does not a substantial part make. So, yeah, I think that is just an extension of what I have been speculating about/deliriously railing against, and a big part of what my concern has been.
Edited by elci525, Jan 28 2013, 08:20 AM.

flacalicious

I've read that Nicole & EJ's baby is alive and that Cameron, who delivered the baby, is working for Steffy. Hope this is true so Nicole can have some happiness. Also read that Gabi will lose hers. Hope this is NOT true. Would really like to see the Will/Sonny storyline play out with one of them being a parent.

camera shy

flacalicious
Jan 28 2013, 10:22 AM
I've read that Nicole & EJ's baby is alive and that Cameron, who delivered the baby, is working for Steffy. Hope this is true so Nicole can have some happiness. Also read that Gabi will lose hers. Hope this is NOT true. Would really like to see the Will/Sonny storyline play out with one of them being a parent.
All of that are just rumors and not spoilers at this point. But I can't wait to see why they went to all of the trouble of recasting Cameron.
Edited by camera shy, Jan 28 2013, 10:35 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

camera shy
Jan 28 2013, 10:34 AM
flacalicious
All of that are just rumors and not spoilers at this point. But I can't wait to see why they went to all of the trouble of recasting Cameron.
I'm curious about the recast, too - mostly because I find nuCameron to be far less engaging and talented than the previous one. The best I can figure is they feel like this one is prettier.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SocRMum1
Jan 28 2013, 11:09 AM
camera shy
flacalicious
I'm curious about the recast, too - mostly because I find nuCameron to be far less engaging and talented than the previous one. The best I can figure is they feel like this one is prettier.
That is really all he has going for him...he's pretty to look at that Leno #2.....which leads me to think that they HAVE To have a reason for keeping this stupid character right? It was the perfect opportunity to write the guy off...he was a MarDar creation, all his 'ties to Salem' are gone or dead, so why the need to keep him? for Chad and Abby angst? It's not like either Chad and Abby or Abby and Cam are THAT popular...

vettejb

LuvingLumi
Jan 27 2013, 12:15 PM
Oh, I think people complained, not 'everyone' but I don't see 'everyone' complaining now about this either....it's sort of the same thing...some people are having issues with it and others are thinking the ones having issues are jumping to conclusions because it's only been 2 or 3 Salem Days or what not....I just don't trust Tomlin and Company to do anything that 'makes sense' and leaving Lucas out of this story makes no sense....and it's something he would definitely do.
I think the difference is that EJ was an a-hole and a nutjob (I like him that way) during the time that Rafe was taking over, but Lucas is just being a father who at first was shocked and learning to live with Will's reality.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 28 2013, 11:24 AM
SocRMum1
camera shy
flacalicious
That is really all he has going for him...he's pretty to look at that Leno #2.....which leads me to think that they HAVE To have a reason for keeping this stupid character right? It was the perfect opportunity to write the guy off...he was a MarDar creation, all his 'ties to Salem' are gone or dead, so why the need to keep him? for Chad and Abby angst? It's not like either Chad and Abby or Abby and Cam are THAT popular...
Well, TomSell did say they were going to focus on the younger set & we know how they love triangles.

NuCameron is pretty but did nothing for me but plant me firmly on camp Chabby. Maybe that's all it's about.

six
Member Avatar

Next on Days of our Lives, Will and Lucas are unaware of the danger Nick poses to their secrets. EJ and Sami establish their relationship; Brady and Kristen go on a double date with Daniel and Jennifer.

Sneak Peeks: Week of Feb. 4, 2013

Nick secretly plots against Will and Lucas, devising a scheme to entrap them and secure evidence of their cover up of EJís shooting. Will and Lucas play right into their cousinís hands when Nick records their conversation. Will and Lucas are rattled when skeletons from their past could be revealed.

Julie tells Gabi about Nickís difficult time in prison. Will she learn the history behind his scar?

Sami and EJ make love and work to build their relationship on solid grounds. After a serious discussion, they decide to keep their recently renewed relationship a secret. Sami turns to EJ for help with Willís paternity issues. Can they come up with a plan to help establish Willís rights?

Rafe and Sami have another ugly confrontation, this time about Samiís relationship with EJ.

Jennifer tells Chloe she wonít give up Daniel without a fight, a challenge Chloe is all too happy to accept. Chloe tries to weasel info out of Jennifer, who is all too willing to give it up. It looks like Jennifer has finally bested her rival, but will a medical emergency be her undoing?

Kristen tries to convince Brady to take their relationship to the next level and get married! When Brady doesnít seem to receptive, Kristen steps up her attempts to get what she wants.

Nicole tries to distance herself from Eric in light of Kristen figuring out sheís falling for him, but it only draws Ericís suspicions. Can Nicole avoid her self-destructive tendencies?

Rafe warns Gabi about Will pushing for custody of their unborn child, noting itíll only make things worse between them.

Jennifer gets caught in a lie.

DVR Alerts

Tuesday- EJ and Sami decide to take their relationship to the next level

Friday- Daniel and Chloe go to Chicago for a night out with Brady and Kristen

Source Look Ahead: Feb. 11, 2013 Edition

Two people you would not expect end up in bed together after drowning their sorrows at the bar. Any guesses? Will thinks there may be hope for him and Sonny.

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/01/days-of-our-lives-teasers-february-4-edition/

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

SoapGal1
Jan 28 2013, 11:51 AM
LuvingLumi
Jan 28 2013, 11:24 AM
SocRMum1
camera shy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well, TomSell did say they were going to focus on the younger set & we know how they love triangles.

NuCameron is pretty but did nothing for me but plant me firmly on camp Chabby. Maybe that's all it's about.

Word. I think NuCam is hot but until they make him at least semi-interesting, Chabby ftw. Maybe all he needs is a story. That's what helped Chad this time around.

six
Member Avatar

I don't know how Lucas and Will managed to keep things quiet for four years as much as they're discussing what happened, now...

Did I miss that Nick has a scar, or is this new?

:huh1: can just STFU about ejami and everything else.

Ejami's planning something? :cloud9:

Please tell me the medical emergency is Chloe's and not Jennifer's. If it's Jen, she should just move into the hospital.

Love the direction that Ericole/Kristen appears to be taking.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Reason number one why EJ and Sami would want to keep their love affair under wraps: avoiding further bullshit arguments Sami is going to have with Rafe. -_- I thought he didn't give a damn about them being together? :rolleyes: Where's cement shoes when you need them? Ugh!

Reason number two, I've been in that position where as much as I loved the guy I was with at the time, I didn't tell my family because I know how judgmental they get with any guy I bring around. Just picture what the Bradys would do and add Caribbean accents. :shame: I'm serious. -_- So my heart goes out to Ejami on that front.

On a related note, I love how they are continuing the :sex4: from the wk of 1/28 to this week. I appreciate it. A LOT.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Jan 28 2013, 07:25 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Wait, so who goes on the Bristen double date with Dan - Chloe or Jen? Because one version of the double date sounds like way more fun than the other.

And Rafe thinks Will pushing for custody will make things worse between who? Gabi and Nick? Gabi and Will? Rafe and Caroline? Who dammit?!

Looks like this is the week the Thornbirds story will start moving. FINALLY!

Can't wait for the Ejami stuff. The sex, the talk, the secret. I'm on board with the whole shebang.

This Lucas-Will-Nick stuff makes me wonder if that's why they recently taped scenes with EJ consulting Justin. Maybe Will getting arrested will be an upcoming beat in this story.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Quote:

Did I miss that Nick has a scar, or is this new?

I think they meant emotional scar not physical but I could be wrong.
Edited by guessgirl, Jan 28 2013, 07:42 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Jan 28 2013, 07:02 PM

Two people you would not expect end up in bed together after drowning their sorrows at the bar. Any guesses? Will thinks there may be hope for him and Sonny.

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/01/days-of-our-lives-teasers-february-4-edition/
I have no idea who this might be, but I think I'd give my left arm if one of them were Kayla. Drunk!Kayla was known to be frisky.

I'm sure it's not though. So, I'm going with Nicole and somebody. Or Kate and somebody. Those are the two females most likely to be drowning their sorrows in a bar.

blueskies
Member Avatar

six
Kristen tries to convince Brady to take their relationship to the next level and get married! When Brady doesnít seem to receptive, Kristen steps up her attempts to get what she wants.
i'm guessing 1 of 2 scenarios,

(1) She tells him she's pregnant, or

(2) She tells him she's sick/dying.

Anyway, could be something else entirely, those just seem like the two go to methods to get someone to marry you on a soap. Well, that or blackmail.

concerned
Member Avatar

Two people you would not expect end up in bed together after drowning their sorrows at the bar. Any guesses?

Sounds like a repeat of Nicole and Roman. (If only Jack were alive I can see Nicole / Jack happening in a heartbeat)
Promising for Chad / Kate fans or potential Chloe/Rafe/Brady.
Not sure that Marlena would ever drown her sorrows at the bar nor Hope.

Big ramifications though if its a Maggie / Lucas tryst.
Edited by concerned, Jan 28 2013, 07:47 PM.

chinkybig

Heaven forbid Marlena and Roman. Urk

AFaithL

tomsawyer
Jan 28 2013, 07:18 PM
Wait, so who goes on the Bristen double date with Dan - Chloe or Jen? Because one version of the double date sounds like way more fun than the other.

LMAO! I agree. Bristen double-dating with Danloe sounds awesome. With Dannifer, though? Brady and Kristen would fall asleep.

More partying between Bristen/Danloe please!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 28 2013, 07:41 PM
six

I have no idea who this might be, but I think I'd give my left arm if one of them were Kayla. Drunk!Kayla was known to be frisky.

I'm sure it's not though. So, I'm going with Nicole and somebody. Or Kate and somebody. Those are the two females most likely to be drowning their sorrows in a bar.
Yeah, I think those are definitely the two most likely women. I'd also throw Chloe in there if she gets rejected by Daniel.

On the male side, I'd say Rafe, Chad and Cameron (since he's apparently getting a backstory) are most likely.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply