Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Sami's Best Moments
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 03:49 PM (3,212 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 23 2013, 10:45 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 23 2013, 05:30 PM
lysie
Jan 23 2013, 05:01 PM
greeneyedgirl
Jan 23 2013, 04:47 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That is so weird. It doesn't happen that way, I assure you. Lol. If someone else can find a better link, send it to me.
Maybe Sami does take after her mother? Lol....she was doing John while Sami was dying...lmfao....

That has happened to me before actually. I link or imbed a video and something else pops up..don't know why that happens but it's just weird.

I think the list is perfect. Just the right moments that have defined the character of Sami for 20 years.
I was actually disappointed in the lack of Kate/Sami. But then again, they've had so many scenes through the years, and I don't think they really have a defining one. If it weren't for the baby switch reveal, I don't think Nicole/Sami would have had one either.
Yeah, I nominated my favorite Sami and Kate fight, but there probably isn't a remarkable one. There's just a lot of really good ones.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

One of my favorite moments involved Brandon and Sami... This was my first ship regarding Sami..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6C2MhgFeNk

Bee
Member Avatar

The Sydney reveal/slap heard round the world is pretty hard to top in my book. I love a good Sami/Nicole catfight.

But OMFG. I remember watching the glass door thing when I was a kid and thinking it was so dramatic and romantic. Ahahahaha! It's so fucking dumb. Thanks for the trip down the memory lane of lame.

james0479
Member Avatar

What a really cool idea and I've had a blast going down memory lane with Samantha Gene Brady. Who would've ever thought that character would be so front and center for soooooo many years. Love her, hate her or just get sick of seeing her, ya gotta hand it to her! Great job guys.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

What a wonderful trip down memory lane!!

I LOVE every scene Deidre & Alison share, so to see the "I saw you" & "Sami's excecution" -when Marlena visits her in her cell, and sings to her, on the list, it was pure gold to me!

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Love the list! And you know, it really points out what an iconic character Sami has become. I know that she's probably the most complained about (next to Dannifer, maybe), but even those who hate her have to have SOME moment that they loved her in. She has had so many incarnations and eras at this point that I really truly love the character. Granted, my favorite Sami was the 1993-2006 bitch incarnation, but regardless of how she has changed, she is without a doubt one of my top favorite soap characters.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I loved that glass door storyline. Best part of that scene was Lucas yelling at that woman to stop screaming. It still makes me laughs.

TPL remains close in my heart because I joined boards when fanbases were all pretty cool and most of the convos were general. But when fans talked about that scene they always called it TPL and I had to search for what that meant. To this day I will never forget that Sami's first time was in the Titan Photo Lab.

When I think Of Marlena and Sami's confrontation, I'm not a Marlena fan but she owned that scene. DH plays raw emotiom like no other.

I miss non-sex symbol Sami so much. She was so much more awesome as Jan than the Marsha she is suppose to be now.
Edited by Aliaron, Jan 25 2013, 11:05 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

SAMI has had GOOD moments?

Harmony233

Aliaron
Jan 25 2013, 10:52 PM
I loved that glass door storyline. Best part of that scene was Lucas yelling at that woman to stop screaming. It still makes me laughs.

TPL remains close in my heart because I joined boards when fanbases were all pretty cool and most of the convos were general. But when fans talked about that scene they always called it TPL and I had to search for what that meant. To this day I will never forget that Sami's first time was in the Titan Photo Lab.

When I think Of Marlena and Sami's confrontation, I'm not a Marlena fan but she owned that scene. DH plays raw emotiom like no other.

I miss non-sex symbol Sami so much. She was so much more awesome as Jan than the Marsha she is suppose to be now.
IA Sami was much more entertaining as the underdog the jan to Carries marsha lol

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Goodness! I'm looking at that Marlena/sami confrontation and that's what I see. That scene laid out Sami's motivation. Her hatred of John/Marlena stemmed from her love and loyalty to her dad. Its what drove her. She would make sure her mother's fall from grace would not lead to her father's fall.

They tried to re play this with Sami and Will but it failed because it lacked that kind of substance. Will had no loyalty. He had no deep connection in that storyline. And it fell flat. Especially now that they've made Ej and Will buddy buddy. The deadbaby sex took one of Sami's core morals and destroyed it for nothing. Nothing was gained in that destruction. Nothing could be built on cause no foundation was laid. It damaged Sami's character but unlike John And Marlena's affair there was no point to it. No years of drama because it had no true substance to build the drama off of.

I wish they studied what makes a storyline havr longevity before they try and redo it.
Edited by Aliaron, Jan 26 2013, 12:41 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Bumping this for reminiscing purposes. If we did this again, how would it be different?

Team WilSon
Member Avatar

"Lumi teach Will to Dance"

OH MY GOD. I actually remember those scenes, and if I recall correctly I was only eight years old when that aired here. LUMI FOREVER :wub:

S loves EJ

I could agree on number 6-3 and 1, but then I would add the two Ejami scenes that almost made the list instead, and Ejami in the burning cabin and in the church, and hopefully a Ejami wedding yet to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkSP0MU-jvE

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I still wouldn't touch the list, I think it's perfect. I am going to miss having Sami around

astropastel
Member Avatar

# 1 Sami leaves lol well that'd be my # 1.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Just watched the "Sami on Deathrow" scenes, and I'm balling like a little girl right now. Deidre and Ali rocked those scenes. And it was great to see all the Bradys (and I am including John) pulling together. Sami is just like her son Will, no matter how oftern they show her, she's still not confident about her family's love. Even-though, they come through for her every time.
Edited by Kaha, May 25 2014, 03:00 AM.

IIttu
Member Avatar

LOVE this list! This is the Sami I liked and loved to hate. The lack of Ejami moments in top 10 is an added bonus.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

Loved the Sami list. So glad none of the suck of the past 2 years made the list. Because that IS NOT Sami.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

IIttu
May 24 2014, 10:58 PM
LOVE this list! This is the Sami I liked and loved to hate. The lack of Ejami moments in top 10 is an added bonus.
Cause they're not really significant or Sami's best moments. ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply