Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC: Gender of Baby Revealed!
Topic Started: Jan 23 2013, 04:52 PM (3,432 Views)
Aliaron
Member Avatar

I don't understand. Are we suppposed to be happy about this baby?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Just gotta say it now - I'm sure Daniel performs some kind of miracle to help the baby be born and they name her Danielle or Daniella.

Isn't that how it works with babies on this show?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

six
Jan 23 2013, 08:49 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 23 2013, 08:30 PM
Will liked Arianna. Plus, he was there for Gabi when Arianna died. I can see him agreeing to name the child Arianna.

What I don't want to happen is for the girl's middle name to be anything related to Alice. Will and Great-Granny Horton were NEVER close, so don't pretend they were. Arianna Marlena Horton better be it. Or Caroline or Katherine. One of those three. Nothing else.
Will treated her terribly just before her death and it would be odd to name his child after her and make his daughter a constant reminder of a dark moment in his life.

They really shouldn't name her after anyone. All the good girlnames have been used multiple times.
Really? Hmm, now that you said that I'm starting to recall there being friction between them leading up to Arianna's death. It was the argument with Will that led to Arianna running off in the middle of the street, huh? I forgot about that. Still, I remember Will feeling awful for being involved, and I could totally see him agreeing to name the baby Arianna for Gabi's sake.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jan 23 2013, 09:14 PM
I am.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Aliaron
I think we're supposed to be happy that this baby is bringing the drama. I know I am!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

tomsawyer
Jan 23 2013, 09:40 PM
Aliaron
I think we're supposed to be happy that this baby is bringing the drama. I know I am!
Maybe they should call her Dramela?

Ok, I tried. I failed. :shame:

Will&Sonny

DrewHamilton
Jan 23 2013, 09:35 PM
six
DrewHamilton
Will liked Arianna. Plus, he was there for Gabi when Arianna died. I can see him agreeing to name the child Arianna.

What I don't want to happen is for the girl's middle name to be anything related to Alice. Will and Great-Granny Horton were NEVER close, so don't pretend they were. Arianna Marlena Horton better be it. Or Caroline or Katherine. One of those three. Nothing else.
Will treated her terribly just before her death and it would be odd to name his child after her and make his daughter a constant reminder of a dark moment in his life.

They really shouldn't name her after anyone. All the good girlnames have been used multiple times.
Really? Hmm, now that you said that I'm starting to recall there being friction between them leading up to Arianna's death. It was the argument with Will that led to Arianna running off in the middle of the street, huh? I forgot about that. Still, I remember Will feeling awful for being involved, and I could totally see him agreeing to name the baby Arianna for Gabi's sake.
Will had an argument with Arianna right before she chose to run into oncoming traffic, but he didn't cause her to do so, and I wouldn't say that he "treated her terribly". The worst thing that he said to her was, "What kind of person are you?" If that suddenly qualifies as treating someone terribly, it's news to me. Saying that Will's argument with Arianna led to her death is like saying that Brady's marriage proposal led to Madison's death.

And yes, Will and Sami both felt horrible about what had happened (even though, again, Will had no reason to feel guilty, IMO). It wasn't like they were rooting for her to die or anything like that.

I don't want the child to be named after Arianna, as I've already stated, but I completely disagree with the suggestion that the child shouldn't be named after Arianna because of some inaccurate belief that Will treated her terribly before her death.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 23 2013, 10:13 PM
DrewHamilton
six
DrewHamilton

Will had an argument with Arianna right before she chose to run into oncoming traffic, but he didn't cause her to do so, and I wouldn't say that he "treated her terribly". The worst thing that he said to her was, "What kind of person are you?" If that suddenly qualifies as treating someone terribly, it's news to me. Saying that Will's argument with Arianna led to her death is like saying that Brady's marriage proposal led to Madison's death.

And yes, Will and Sami both felt horrible about what had happened (even though, again, Will had no reason to feel guilty, IMO). It wasn't like they were rooting for her to die or anything like that.

I don't want the child to be named after Arianna, as I've already stated, but I completely disagree with the suggestion that the child shouldn't be named after Arianna because of some inaccurate belief that Will treated her terribly before her death.
lol, i know correlation does not equal causation, but in the case of Brady, I'm not quite so sure :scared:

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

If they're actually going to have it be born, then I think naming it after Marlena is only fitting... she's not just Will's grandmother, she's his best friend (his words), she hasn't reamed Gabi over the situation (at least not yet, it wouldn't be in character to do so, either) and she's been lovely to all the people involved.

Would be kind of ironic and sad if they named it after her and the baby dies... considering D.J. It could bring for some beautiful scenes with Will and Marlena, Marlena and Sami, and Marlena and John. But I won't get my hopes up.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton

Marlena Arianna, please. They can call her "Marlie" or "Marnie" (which is what Sam called Marlena... Will's mom is named after her, nice little circle of things there).

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I just fucking think its idiotic that they allow them to have this baby but kill off Nicole's babies.

camera shy

Will&Sonny
DrewHamilton
six
DrewHamilton

I hated Will and Sami during that whole Ariana thing. I'll never forget him trying to sneak into Gabi's purse to get the tape recording. And to think she was trying to help EJ out and now he's best friends with those fools who were all about protecting Sami's ass from serving time for shooting him in the head.

six
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
DrewHamilton
six
DrewHamilton

You don't have to resort to creating a reason why others think what he did was wrong. FTR, it was terrible of him to attempt to guilt her into covering up an attempted murder. It was terrible of him to grab her when she tried to leave. And he contributed to the mental state she was in when she ran out into the street, making him morally partially responsible, explaining why he felt guilty. And it's not suddenly terrible to do these things. It's always been terrible to pressure people to committing crimes and to touch them in an aggressive way. And I don't think Will would want to be reminded of that time, which was not a shining moment in his life, which is why I think the name would be an odd choice.

Moving on...
Edited by six, Jan 24 2013, 12:08 PM.

camera shy

KweenBoda
Jan 24 2013, 08:57 AM
I just fucking think its idiotic that they allow them to have this baby but kill off Nicole's babies.
Yeah, itsn't it funny when Nicole was pregnant with EJ's baby we heard a lot of how boring baby stories were and how no one wanted to see another custody battle involving EJ? But he's sure involved in this one and people find it so exciting. Well I'm ready for one more baby story and that will be Sami's WTD storyline with EJ and Rafe and of course the baby will be Rafe's, but EJ will switch the paternity test.......it'll be so exciting!

Lil
Member Avatar

I still hate that there's more baby drama, but if I'm stuck with this kid...then I want it to end up being a WilSon baby. I couldn't give 2 shits about Gabi OR Nick. lol

lysie
Member Avatar

If they maybe her after someone, I hope there's a nickname that doesn't sound identical. Otherwise, be original.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

camera shy
Jan 24 2013, 09:38 AM
KweenBoda
Jan 24 2013, 08:57 AM
Yeah, itsn't it funny when Nicole was pregnant with EJ's baby we heard a lot of how boring baby stories were and how no one wanted to see another custody battle involving EJ? But he's sure involved in this one and people find it so exciting. Well I'm ready for one more baby story and that will be Sami's WTD storyline with EJ and Rafe and of course the baby will be Rafe's, but EJ will switch the paternity test.......it'll be so exciting!
I think the difference (at least from my perspective) was we were seeing another story where EJ's baby mama is hiding her pregnancy from him or denying he's the father of her kid - even though the same basic story had just played out 2 years ago.

Personally what I'm enjoying about the Wabi baby story is the way it's impacting characters all across the canvas. It was a real treat to see scenes of Adrienne and Justin this week, we're getting perspectives from all of the younger crowd, people are chiming in like Victor with his observations about Sami not acknowledging the similarities to when Will was born, etc. The story is really just ramping up and already far more characters have been involved and will continue to be than really ever were in the previous baby stories - and that's what makes this good, soapy drama as far as I'm concerned.

lysie
Member Avatar

It's bothering me that they're only acknowledging the similarities with Sami from when Will was born. I'm glad they're mentioning that, but hello? What about her last two pregnancies? It's not like she only did this when she was young and stupid. She did it when she was old and stupid too!

six
Member Avatar

I think they're glossing over it because she was the heroine, then.

ETA: Great post, Soc. This story isn't even going to be a custody battle for awhile. It's just a vehicle to cause drama, and it has the potential to affect half the canvas (and it's already affecting a lot of people now). It's not the same two or three folks in the same roles
Edited by six, Jan 24 2013, 11:39 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 24 2013, 11:31 AM
I think they're glossing over it because she was the heroine, then.
They don't make it sound that way when EJ has mentioned it vaguely, lol. The really just need to suck it up and do it. It's the elephant in the room. They could even continue with the illusion that she was a heroine and have it be a way for her to compare why she was right and Gabi's wrong. Anything would be better than ignoring it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply