Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 24 2013, 09:59 AM (15,037 Views)
deletemyaccountplease

Someone needs to Photoshop that last shot of EJ with a teddy bear in the background.

And some rainbows and puppies
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

mer4santo
Jan 24 2013, 11:18 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 24 2013, 10:23 PM
mer4santo
Jan 24 2013, 10:12 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 24 2013, 10:09 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephim, he's trying to get her to fall in love with a fake version of himself that he's pretending to be. I mean, isn't that why some people here have taken to calling E.J. "Everett" lately -- because he's not acting like himself?

Spending time with a person so that they will hopefully fall in love with you might be normal, but misleading that person into believing that you are someone whom you are not in order to get them to fall in love with you isn'tweSami to currently believe that he's pretending to be someone whom he's not, I've never claimed otherwise. I've only been disputing the belief that E.J. has been completely honest with Sami and therefore has no reason to worry about any of his recent choices coming back to bite him in the ass this time. He hasn't been completely honest, and Sami couldthis post. Even if we dismiss the one about the job -- which I believe that he was never completely honest with her about, but for the sake of argument, we can just ignore that one -- there's still plenty of stuff that he's done recently that she isn't aware of and would likely not be happy about.

I just don't think that the audience is supposed to believe that E.J. has changed. Whether you love or hate E.J. is irrelevant -- the writers have gone to great lengths to show us that he hasn't
Agreed, it's just that plenty of characters in Salem have similar benign secrets currently and they don't make them evil. Currently, Will is the biggest deceiver onscreen.
But I'm fairly certain that I have never claimed that these secrets made him evil. His past actions, and the fact that he hasn't truly changed, make him evil, but that's neither here nor there. My point has always been that E.J. has been deceiving Sami, and therefore, the claims that all of his cards are on the table this time, and that he has done nothing that could come back to bite him on the ass and ruin his latest chance to "get the girl", are wrong.
And we shall disagree and its all good! Good talk! :cheers:
Indeed!

(Oh, but I forgot to mention earlier -- I definitely wouldn't say that Will is the biggest deceiver when, even if we ignore E.J., we still have people like Nick, Kristen, Kate, and Gabi running around Salem, all of whom have more to hide than Will does [at this point, he really only has his involvement in E.J.'s shooting to hide, unless I'm just forgetting something in my sleep-deprived state], but we can agree to disagree about that, too. :cheers: )

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I thought Sami looked great. And I was jealous of her and her boobs the whole time.

Lady Evol

What the hell was up with Will rubbing Sonny's ear like a rabbit foot? That was really off-putting to me. :/

annie21

I've really enjoyed reading all the back and forth about EJ and scheming, lol! As someone who originally asked a sincere question about that earlier in this thread, I've found it interesting seeing various points of view.

Two quick points. I honestly thought that all those conversations between EJ and Kristen where she was advising him on how to get Sami back (and drive a wedge between her and Rafe) is what led to the Everett we're seeing now. To me, all the DiMeras currently in Salem have been scheming behind the scenes in various ways and checking in periodically with each other (and -- in Kristen's case -- with Stefano) on their progress. Kristen is causing havoc for Jarlena. Chad is seeking revenge on Gabi. And EJ is trying a new tactic in his multi-year pursuit of Sami. Yes, all of this pales in comparison to the dastardly schemes of yesteryear.

This leads me to my second point. Scheming doesn't always imply evil or other negative connotations. At it's most basic, to scheme means to pursue a plan of action. And I think that EJ does have a plan in mind. Whether he pursues that through benign schemes or despicable ones, his goal has been the same for years and years. This Everett angle (and most of the other EJ iterations) have that one thing in common -- they were all variations on the theme of EJ scheming to get Sami.

If Everett truly is a real and permanent change in the way the character is being written by TomSell, then we should be seeing that manifested in every aspect of EJ's life -- not just when he's with Sami and/or her family members. So, imo, it remains to be seen whether schmoopy Everett is here to stay or whether EJ's true colors (to the extent he has any after all the rewrites and character changeups) will re-emerge.
Edited by annie21, Jan 25 2013, 02:12 AM.

Flemstica

Lucas is positively yummy in purple!!!

outrageous
Member Avatar

Great show. I guess I'm in the minority because I loved Sami's hair and outfit. I was jealous of her completely flat tummy and tiny waist when she was lying on the couch and when she was wearing the nightie. Tiny waist, flat tummy, big boobs and some curves are the features of "the perfect woman" according to a lot of men.

EJ Dimera can be Everett any day with the woman he loves. He was the same around Nicole. Tickle fights anyone? I see nothing with a little joy over Safe's argument. The one with secrets this time is Sami. EJ isn't aware that she and Rafe were going to reconcile.

I really enjoyed the Lumi scenes too. Lucas is once again the truth teller, and he made me laugh when he was teasing Sami about EJ. I really enoyed all their scenes, they make great friends who know each other inside out.

Fantasee

What will was doing to Sonny's ear was really weird.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 24 2013, 11:51 PM
I thought Sami looked great. And I was jealous of her and her boobs the whole time.
She was boobilicious today, that's for sure. I've always been happy at the fact that EJ is a boob man. He can't get enough of those suckers. The side boob she was sporting was hard core. :omg:

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

Whatever Everett was doing in that bed needed to be stopped. Why are the directors letting the Pretty nekkidness be hidden by a comforter and a bazillions pillows? Let's not confuse romcom Everett with a 13 year old gossiping girl.

elci525
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Jan 25 2013, 02:22 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
She was boobilicious today, that's for sure. I've always been happy at the fact that EJ is a boob man. He can't get enough of those suckers. The side boob she was sporting was hard core. :omg:
I think all Sami's men are probably boob men. It's one of her more prominent features.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

elci525
Jan 25 2013, 02:57 AM
AngelOB
Jan 25 2013, 02:22 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
I think all Sami's men are probably boob men. It's one of her more prominent features.
Could be, but over the years I've noticed that EJ (and let's be honest here that means James) seems really, really fond of them.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jan 25 2013, 02:37 AM
Whatever Everett was doing in that bed needed to be stopped. Why are the directors letting the Pretty nekkidness be hidden by a comforter and a bazillions pillows? Let's not confuse romcom Everett with a 13 year old gossiping girl.
Pretty sure the covers in the bed scene were because makeup doesn't want to have to cover JS's tattoo unless they have to. But yeah, it made for AWKWARD positioning with all the pillows and blankets over just his left shoulder. I get they don't want to spend all the time covering the tattoo for a 20 second shot, put then just put him in a tight t-shirt and call it a day.
Edited by tomsawyer, Jan 25 2013, 03:30 AM.

camera shy

mer4santo
Oh I thought that was also a new version of EJ in the bed scene.......Evette. :D

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 25 2013, 03:27 AM
mer4santo
Pretty sure the covers in the bed scene were because makeup doesn't want to have to cover JS's tattoo unless they have to. But yeah, it made for AWKWARD positioning with all the pillows and blankets over just his left shoulder. I get they don't want to spend all the time covering the tattoo for a 20 second shot, put then just put him in a tight t-shirt and call it a day.
Personally, I think it's odd how they felt the need to cover up his tattoo. The tattoo would match his character perfectly, hailing from a "crime family" and all. So I would've prefered to have seen him relaxed in bed with the tattoo visible, IMO.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Jan 25 2013, 04:59 AM
tomsawyer
Jan 25 2013, 03:27 AM
mer4santo
Personally, I think it's odd how they felt the need to cover up his tattoo. The tattoo would match his character perfectly, hailing from a "crime family" and all. So I would've prefered to have seen him relaxed in bed with the tattoo visible, IMO.
I'm not convinced the tattoo fits the character but I love that avatar someone on here used to have of Nicole and E.J./Ari and James with the tattoo showing. Very sexy. Not sure where the image originally came from but it hits the spot every time.

deletemyaccountplease

I don't think a tattoo fits either
But I WISH it did

six
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 25 2013, 12:13 AM
I've really enjoyed reading all the back and forth about EJ and scheming, lol! As someone who originally asked a sincere question about that earlier in this thread, I've found it interesting seeing various points of view.

Two quick points. I honestly thought that all those conversations between EJ and Kristen where she was advising him on how to get Sami back (and drive a wedge between her and Rafe) is what led to the Everett we're seeing now. To me, all the DiMeras currently in Salem have been scheming behind the scenes in various ways and checking in periodically with each other (and -- in Kristen's case -- with Stefano) on their progress. Kristen is causing havoc for Jarlena. Chad is seeking revenge on Gabi. And EJ is trying a new tactic in his multi-year pursuit of Sami. Yes, all of this pales in comparison to the dastardly schemes of yesteryear.

This leads me to my second point. Scheming doesn't always imply evil or other negative connotations. At it's most basic, to scheme means to pursue a plan of action. And I think that EJ does have a plan in mind. Whether he pursues that through benign schemes or despicable ones, his goal has been the same for years and years. This Everett angle (and most of the other EJ iterations) have that one thing in common -- they were all variations on the theme of EJ scheming to get Sami.

If Everett truly is a real and permanent change in the way the character is being written by TomSell, then we should be seeing that manifested in every aspect of EJ's life -- not just when he's with Sami and/or her family members. So, imo, it remains to be seen whether schmoopy Everett is here to stay or whether EJ's true colors (to the extent he has any after all the rewrites and character changeups) will re-emerge.
Not to beat a dead horse, but under that broad definition, wouldn't everyone be scheming? Daniel has a plan to do surgeries and get in Jen's pants. Hope has a plan to keep Salem safe and raise Ciara to have certain values etc.

mae
Member Avatar

Posted Image

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I really enjoyed the Will scenes at the hospital. Nice touch with him feeling his little girl kick. I am finally feeling that he understands that his initial decision to not be part of this child's life and giving it up to be raised by Nabi just was never going to work. I'm glad that he's finally making his feelings known and I'm glad that it looks like Nick is the one that will try to control the situation and that Gabi does want to keep Will in the loop FOR NOW. I just feel that Nick is showing his controlling side more and more and sooner or later..it's only a matter of time before Gabi feels suffocated and realizes exactly how wacko this guy is.

I enjoyed the Will/Rafe scenes and I just wonder what will happen now. It's obvious that Rafe even noted that Nick is not all there, that was interesting? I wonder if Nick will convince Rafe that Will is not fit to be part of this child's life because he tried to kill Ej...frankly that shouldn't bother Rafe, since Sami tried to do it and he covered for her.....I do wonder if sooner or later Rafe will be on Will's side of this just because he realizes that Nick is more of a danger than anything else, to his sister and the child. I thought Rafe and Will were going to be on opposite sides of this entire story, and to have them make up so soon is really something I didn't expect. Not to say they won't again be pissed at one another later, I'm sure Nick will try to make that happen down the road, but something tells me that what I imagined was going to happen might not happen at all and I guess I'm grateful for that, since Tomlin usually is very predictable, so who knows. This is the ONLY story that I like at the moment, it seems to be well thought out and affects so many people on canvas.

Loved the Justin/Adrienne/Sonny stuff and the Justin/Adrienne with a side of Lucas stuff at the square....boy they really should be part of this story more....please feature them writers!

It's no surprise to anyone that I enjoyed the Lumi scenes right? They are just so good. AS and BD have this natural chemistry and they know their characters so well that the entire scene just was perfection. I loved Lucas' one liners, loved the fact that they agreed to be a united front for Will's sake and loved that she actually agreed with him that alienating Gabi/Rafe might not be such a good idea if they intend to be part of this child's life..... Hysterical that they toasted to being grandparents and finally LOVED the very last line out of Lucas' lips....BD played it perfectly...Lucas looking straight in Sami's eyes and saying, "Sometimes love just isn't enough"....she knew exactly what that referred to, it wasn't just about Wilson here, it was about them too.....he quickly departed and she just looked like she was hit with so much truth in that moment....kudos to both Bryan and Ali for making me remember why I will always have a very soft spot for Lumi.

Abby's mention of her virginity is getting to be annoying....just lose it already, so we don't have to hear about it over and over again....

Finally Wilson. I've mentioned how I like Wilson, I think they are fine, but I don't LOVE them. They play well off each other, but they are far too vanilla for my liking. But knowing what's coming with the spoilers has lead me to look at them in a new light. I truly think the next couple of months with the fallout from this baby thing hitting them and the stuff I know about Brian and all that will really make the story much more exciting.....I thought their kiss was nice, in the hot factor it hit about a 7 for me...so it has room for improvement but I am liking them much more lately....I'm glad to see that both still deeply love one another....it makes the story that much more interesting.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jan 25 2013, 09:09 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply