Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 24 2013, 09:59 AM (15,085 Views)
cantstopme
Member Avatar

I liked almost everything about yesterday's show.

I liked the super hott EJAMI makeout scene and the fact that EJ put the brakes on, but in a way that Sami could understand and was not offended by.

I liked Lucas's short hair and the love/hate relationship he and Sami have going on. It was nice seeing Lucas not yelling at her with furrowed eyebrows like normal and I like how laid back and comfortable Sami is around Lucas.

I liked crazy ass Nick and how he perfectly rides the line between psycho, obsessive freak and caring, doting boyfriend.

I liked Will's instant love for his baby girl when he saw and felt her move and I liked his interaction with Rafe. Even though I prefer the douchebag version of Rafe... it would be out of character for him to completely shun Will.

I LOOOOVED Will telling Sonny that he wants him to be a part of his daughter's life. When he said "there's something else I want", I thought he was just going to say "you.", not that he wanted him to be a part of his daughter's life. That was so sweet. And that kiss.... Dayyymm! Pretty freaking hott. It was the perfect combination of sexy and romantic and sad and heartbreaking. I also really really like that Will is accepting the blame and admitting it was his fault that they split, because in Salem no one EVER takes the blame even if they clearly did something wrong.
Edited by cantstopme, Jan 25 2013, 09:20 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Jan 25 2013, 03:11 AM
elci525
Jan 25 2013, 02:57 AM
AngelOB
Jan 25 2013, 02:22 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 24 2013, 11:51 PM
I thought Sami looked great. And I was jealous of her and her boobs the whole time.
She was boobilicious today, that's for sure. I've always been happy at the fact that EJ is a boob man. He can't get enough of those suckers. The side boob she was sporting was hard core. :omg:
I think all Sami's men are probably boob men. It's one of her more prominent features.
Could be, but over the years I've noticed that EJ (and let's be honest here that means James) seems really, really fond of them.
Was I the only one who thought that EJ was having more a convo with 'the girls' than Sami when he was telling her why he put the brakes on? No?

Bee
Member Avatar

spartan
Jan 25 2013, 09:35 AM
AngelOB
Jan 25 2013, 03:11 AM
elci525
Jan 25 2013, 02:57 AM
AngelOB
Jan 25 2013, 02:22 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think all Sami's men are probably boob men. It's one of her more prominent features.
Could be, but over the years I've noticed that EJ (and let's be honest here that means James) seems really, really fond of them.
Was I the only one who thought that EJ was having more a convo with 'the girls' than Sami when he was telling her why he put the brakes on? No?
Sween has great tittays and they are some of the only scene partners that James Scott willingly allows to upstage him.

But why are we talking about that at all when we got straight up hand in pants?

Those two are seriously so hot together. It's redonk.

More please.

MericP
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Jan 24 2013, 11:17 PM
MericP
Jan 24 2013, 09:22 PM
AngelOB
Jan 24 2013, 04:27 PM
Am I the only one who laughs whenever Lucas tells someone he's not there to judge them?
I didn't think he was there to judge Sami.

I loved their conversation - it was nice to finally have him involved in something he SHOULD have been involved with from the beginning.

Amazing how people can see the same scene so differently.
Generally speaking Lucas is a judgmental character and yet "I'm not here to judge you" is somewhat of a catch phrase for him and I always find it hilarious whenever he says something like that. I was speaking in general terms. Today I do think he did have some wise words to share with Sami. Initially they were very loud words, but that's par for the course with Lucas.
Despite our mutual EJami love sometimes I could swear we are watching two different shows.

I don't have any recent recollection of Lucas raising his voice in an unreasonable manner. And he isn't any more judgmental than anyone else.

Lil
Member Avatar

I loved Will today. and I enjoyed Justin/Adrienne/Sonny though there could have been more to their scenes. I liked the WilSon kiss too.

Still want to slap the shit out of Nick.

LMFAO@ EJ curled up on the bed chatting on the phone. What is he? A teenage girl? LOL I guess EJ's balls won't be back any time soon hahahahahaha

AS is the most UN sexy person EVER. Seriously...Her sex scenes and that nightie? :puke:

I was thoroughly unimpressed with this epi.

Lil
Member Avatar

Oh, I also loved Lucas. He was actually probably the highlight of the whoel episode.

MericP
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 24 2013, 11:51 PM
I thought Sami looked great. And I was jealous of her and her boobs the whole time.
I generally hate black lingerie because it makes any white person look downright anemic. However, I also am envious of Sami's assets lolol.

annie21

six
Jan 25 2013, 08:18 AM
annie21
Jan 25 2013, 12:13 AM
I've really enjoyed reading all the back and forth about EJ and scheming, lol! As someone who originally asked a sincere question about that earlier in this thread, I've found it interesting seeing various points of view.

Two quick points. I honestly thought that all those conversations between EJ and Kristen where she was advising him on how to get Sami back (and drive a wedge between her and Rafe) is what led to the Everett we're seeing now. To me, all the DiMeras currently in Salem have been scheming behind the scenes in various ways and checking in periodically with each other (and -- in Kristen's case -- with Stefano) on their progress. Kristen is causing havoc for Jarlena. Chad is seeking revenge on Gabi. And EJ is trying a new tactic in his multi-year pursuit of Sami. Yes, all of this pales in comparison to the dastardly schemes of yesteryear.

This leads me to my second point. Scheming doesn't always imply evil or other negative connotations. At it's most basic, to scheme means to pursue a plan of action. And I think that EJ does have a plan in mind. Whether he pursues that through benign schemes or despicable ones, his goal has been the same for years and years. This Everett angle (and most of the other EJ iterations) have that one thing in common -- they were all variations on the theme of EJ scheming to get Sami.

If Everett truly is a real and permanent change in the way the character is being written by TomSell, then we should be seeing that manifested in every aspect of EJ's life -- not just when he's with Sami and/or her family members. So, imo, it remains to be seen whether schmoopy Everett is here to stay or whether EJ's true colors (to the extent he has any after all the rewrites and character changeups) will re-emerge.
Not to beat a dead horse, but under that broad definition, wouldn't everyone be scheming? Daniel has a plan to do surgeries and get in Jen's pants. Hope has a plan to keep Salem safe and raise Ciara to have certain values etc.
Um, no. Sorry, if I wasn't clear.

Actually, I thought what we were discussing is whether this Everett version of EJ is genuine and is basically the new face of the character, or whether it's a temporary mask -- a means to an end.

It seemed to me that some people were saying the word "scheme" as if it can only refer to the dastardly schemes EJ is fully capable of and has pursued in the past. I was merely pointing out that schemes can also be relatively benign and are not always evil or criminal.

As for Daniel and Hope, I would say Daniel schemed to get Chloe away from her husband. And Hope has schemed in the past to counter the threats to her marriage she viewed in the form of Billie and Carly.

Back to EJ, whether he's currently scheming or not, his goal is the same as if he were. Like I said in a previous thread, EJ reminds me of Wile E. Coyote. He's constantly trying to get Sami the Roadrunner and basically gets nowhere.

Edited by annie21, Jan 25 2013, 11:30 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 24 2013, 09:45 PM
Well, today was one amazing episode for me.

Ejami was hot has hell! I'm still a little speechless thinking about it. The flip on the couch and the grinding... :wow: EJ has some skills! He was such a sweetheart stopping it when he did. He was right; she was still emotional from everything and he wanted them to have sex when it was right. Sami looked gorgeous in that negligee and :laugh: at EJ in his bed. Looks like someone in the makeup department refused to cover up his tats. Whoever it is deserves a :whack: .

Wilson was just amazing. That kiss was hot. That was the first time I truly felt the heat with those two.

Lucas was... well Lucas but someone had to say what he did in regards to everything. That seems to be his role these days. Not exactly the voice of reason but what so "the other side" might think.

Nick is still creepy as hell. Even Rafe figured it out.

Love the Kiriakis family moment.
Yeah - given that EJ kept his shirt on during the make out scenes and was tucked in like a burrito during the bed scene it would seem the person responsible for handling the full body make up/tat covering called out sick or something. Damn them! :bleep:

I loved the episode - pretty much all of it. The EJami couch toss/bump and grind was all kinds of sexy. Hot damn...AS has a tough job. :rolleyes: I loved Everett's heartfelt ILY and the look on his face when he opened to door to Lucas was adorably hilarious. The phone call at the end was very sweet - but made awkward by the fact that it looked like Everett was burrowing for the winter. :laugh: Sami's negligee was gorgeous - AS looks fabulous.

I didn't see EJ's convo with Chad as gloating - and I actually thought I might after reading other's comments about it. Chad asked him point blank if he was so happy because of progress with Sami - I thought his answer and demeanor was appropriate as a response. He IS happy with how things are progressing - and rightfully so. And no doubt he's waited a long time to have a front row seat to watch Sami finally see and acknowledge Rafe as the judgmental douche he's been lately.

The Lumi scene was great - I really enjoyed their toast to grandparent-hood. I do think Lucas came off as judgmental at first - but given that he was aggravated at Sami for alienating Gabi (and Rafe) and the impact that could have on their situation it made sense. Sami handled it maturely, so that helped.

Sonny and Will were heartwrenching. Freddie Smith is doing a good job showcasing Sonny's pain and confusion. Justin/Adrienne are always a treat.

Chandler Massey did a terrific job showing the light bulb switch on for Will in regard to his baby. The change in his attitude - the excitement and joy at seeing her and talking about her - very, very sweet. I thought the scene with Rafe was nice - on both parts.

Nick is still creeping me out. As he should be. Gabi bugs me with her passiveness - both with Nick and with Will. She's just so blah...and I can't decide if that's the character or the actress. Abby popping over to talk about being a virgin was...odd. :unsure:

lysie
Member Avatar

Lil
Jan 25 2013, 10:56 AM

AS is the most UN sexy person EVER. Seriously...Her sex scenes and that nightie? :puke:

This is why it blows my mind that they'd show her in her bra and James fully clothed. I don't think they have chemistry anymore but even if they did, James would be the one exuding sex, not her. There's always been something very juvenile looking about her.

DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

I see anything with James as sexy..

elci525
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 25 2013, 11:38 AM
Lil

This is why it blows my mind that they'd show her in her bra and James fully clothed. I don't think they have chemistry anymore but even if they did, James would be the one exuding sex, not her. There's always been something very juvenile looking about her.
I can agree with that. Why EJ clothed and Sami not, and Sami filmed at an awkward angle (at least imo). Sami has looked sexy to me in the past, but I wasn't feeling her yesterday ;) I really think a lot of it had to do with that lipstick I still can't get over! lol

Apparently, I wasn't the only one to have a strong opinion about it (although maybe the only one to hate it). On AS's blog, she has a vid explaining the name and shade of the lipstick, b/c someone somewhere liked it. That made me chuckle.
Edited by elci525, Jan 25 2013, 12:54 PM.

camera shy

Lil
I loved Will today. and I enjoyed Justin/Adrienne/Sonny though there could have been more to their scenes. I liked the WilSon kiss too.

LMFAO@ EJ curled up on the bed chatting on the phone. What is he? A teenage girl? LOL I guess EJ's balls won't be back any time soon hahahahahaha

It looked like one of those bad Elizabeth Taylor movies with the big boobs hanging out walking around half undressed and drinking. I was expecting her to say, "Where's Big Daddy?". :D
Edited by camera shy, Jan 25 2013, 12:52 PM.

Lil
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jan 25 2013, 12:51 PM
Lil

It looked like one of those bad Elizabeth Taylor movies with the big boobs hanging out walking around half undressed and drinking. I was expecting her to say, "Where's Big Daddy?". :D
I'm afraid you do a disservice to Liz Taylor there. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? AMAZING. Anything involving Slamantha Brady? Not so much! lol And CoaHTR Liz would have rocked that nighty. hahahahahahaha

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Sami did look a little like Butterball 8.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Highlights from the episode for me:

Chad & Abigail as always. I really believe that they'll get back together again :wub: Chad's talk with EJ and EJ's advice about relationships.

Lucas coming by Sami's place and tells it like it is

Will at the hospital and later with Sonny, wanting him back, kissing him, playing with his ear, and Sonny saying it's never just about sex for them
Edited by Oak Alley, Jan 25 2013, 02:23 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 25 2013, 02:16 PM
LOL - have to admit that is kinda hysterical.

Total tangent - but omg Liz Taylor is very sexy in the opening of that movie.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
She did. And that made her awesome.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

elci525
Jan 25 2013, 02:24 PM
Matt

Tangent continued: Liz HATED that movie (it's where the Butterball 8 nickname came from -- HER!), but dammit if I didn't think it was FABULOUS.

elci525
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 25 2013, 02:27 PM
elci525
Jan 25 2013, 02:24 PM
Matt

Tangent continued: Liz HATED that movie (it's where the Butterball 8 nickname came from -- HER!), but dammit if I didn't think it was FABULOUS.
And the tangent goes on: Oh, I know she hated it - and she won the Oscar for it no? b/c she had an emergency surgery prior to the ceremony and felt the Academy thought, well, it's time to give her one now. Awww. Regardless, I thought she was so fabulous in it - and don't even get me started on Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. lol - ok, for another time =)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply