Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 24 2013, 09:59 AM (15,091 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Adrienne, you've been in the exact same situation as Sonny. And Justin was Will (although less gay). And Gabi was Anjelica (well... Gabi wishes she was a cool as Anjelica). I refuse to equate Nick to Neil Curtis, however.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 24 2013, 01:15 PM
Oh yeah, EJ - surprise surprise Lucas should show up. You know, Lucas - Will's father, Sami's friend supposedly (not that the show demonstrates that anymore), ex-husband, person in her life before you ever even appeared. Yeah, how dare he. :flipoff: you EJ
not to mention sami call lucas its not lucas fault she forgot
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jan 24 2013, 01:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 24 2013, 01:20 PM
Adrienne, you've been in the exact same situation as Sonny. And Justin was Will (although less gay). And Gabi was Anjelica (well... Gabi wishes she was a cool as Anjelica). I refuse to equate Nick to Neil Curtis, however.
I was really craving an Alex mention. They should so bring him in as a character.

elci525
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 24 2013, 01:16 PM
Well, whaddya know! There's Lucas. Going to see Sami. About their son. The way some people talk, you'd think he hadn't been on screen for 2 months, not 2 days/episodes and wasn't going to be seen again until the 12th of never.
Em, no that's not it. I mean, yes I don't know if and when he will be seen again. I mean, I knew this was coming from spoilers, and from what I have read there isn't another mention of him in the next few weeks, but that is spoilers. But that it's taken THIS LONG for Lucas and Sami to have a conversation about Will. And the first things out of Sami's mouth are, the kids are all at sleepovers - not even CONSIDERING that Will's situation might be a timely topic of discussion for she and Lucas together, his parents. It's not that I worry he isn't going to be seen again until the 12th of never. I mean, I do, as all signs indicate that, but whatever. It's that given who he is, that he is Will's father, that he and Sami were once, you know, married and together, that they were friends, that they have a history, he is only a marginal figure in this storyline. I know the storyline is nascent, and if the writers are more interested in telling other stories, that is fine. But that is what is upsetting. And here Lucas is, immediately talking about Ejami. B/c that is all that really matters, right? Not that I blame him for making the observations he's making. But that is just me maybe.

The way some ppl talk, this is the concern - the frustration that it makes perfect sense for Lucas to be more of a participant in the story, and he is relegated to the sidelines (other than the great convos with Will last week, but again those were isolated. Once they were done, he was just gone). Trust me, if in a few weeks he does become a very active, involved participant, I will be shouting from the rooftops with glee, admitting I had jumped to conclusions too soon. But I suspect that won't be happening.
Edited by elci525, Jan 24 2013, 01:30 PM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Thanks to whomever penned this script for allowing Lucas to be the voice of reason.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

My heart is warmed by this interaction between Rafe and Will.

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

LOL.EJ on Thursdays and Rafe on Fridays.Isn't that the truth.I loved that line.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

WowItsJustine
Jan 24 2013, 01:30 PM
it sad but true how slut sami became
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jan 24 2013, 01:31 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Partnersincrime
Jan 24 2013, 01:31 PM
WowItsJustine
and I have to yet see the scenes but from the write up, it really sounds like her fight with Rafe send her straight toward Ej and if it wasn't for him putting the breaks on it, she would have done him right then and there....

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

will first talk about his child it with rafe whatever

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

elci525
Jan 24 2013, 01:27 PM
Matt
Well, whaddya know! There's Lucas. Going to see Sami. About their son. The way some people talk, you'd think he hadn't been on screen for 2 months, not 2 days/episodes and wasn't going to be seen again until the 12th of never.
Em, no that's not it. I mean, yes I don't know if and when he will be seen again. I mean, I knew this was coming from spoilers, and from what I have read there isn't another mention of him in the next few weeks, but that is spoilers. But that it's taken THIS LONG for Lucas and Sami to have a conversation about Will. And the first things out of Sami's mouth are, the kids are all at sleepovers - not even CONSIDERING that Will's situation might be a timely topic of discussion for she and Lucas together, his parents. It's not that I worry he isn't going to be seen again until the 12th of never. I mean, I do, as all signs indicate that, but whatever. It's that given who he is, that he is Will's father, that he and Sami were once, you know, married and together, that they were friends, that they have a history, he is only a marginal figure in this storyline. I know the storyline is nascent, and if the writers are more interested in telling other stories, that is fine. But that is what is upsetting. And here Lucas is, immediately talking about Ejami. B/c that is all that really matters, right? Not that I blame him for making the observations he's making. But that is just me maybe.

The way some ppl talk, this is the concern - the frustration that it makes perfect sense for Lucas to be more of a participant in the story, and he is relegated to the sidelines (other than the great convos with Will last week, but again those were isolated. Once they were done, he was just gone). Trust me, if in a few weeks he does become a very active, involved participant, I will be shouting from the rooftops with glee, admitting I had jumped to conclusions too soon. But I suspect that won't be happening.
ITA....it's more about having the scenes play out that should have played out earlier in the week or last week, but instead other people get exchanges that pretty much belonged to Will's parents....

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm absolutely loving the Lucas/Sami interactions today. IMO, THIS is the perfect version of these two characters & their relationship -- brutally honest with one another, snarky/sniping, kinda petty, but still ultimately on good terms/friendly and most definitely on the same side of what matters. This WORKS and I'd really love to see more of this.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I'm not going to slut shame Sami simply because I don't care who she is having sex with behind closed doors. My problem is more to do with the "musical daddies" routine she plays with her kids, going full throttle with one guy only to go full throttle with another one a few days or weeks later. Her business is in the street and everyone knows about it, including her kids. It must be pretty damned confusing. Meanwhile, almost everyone always talks about what a wonderful parent she is (including her nemesis Kate in recent times). She is the furthest thing from. She needs some semblance of stability. There will always be drama in her life because she is a soap character, but does it always have to be THIS kind of drama? It's an appalling joke with her in a way that it isn't with any other female character. But this is just one little viewer's opinion.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 24 2013, 01:34 PM
Partnersincrime
Jan 24 2013, 01:31 PM
WowItsJustine
and I have to yet see the scenes but from the write up, it really sounds like her fight with Rafe send her straight toward Ej and if it wasn't for him putting the breaks on it, she would have done him right then and there....
She would've. And EJ actually called her on it (in his very adorable Everett way) when he put on the brakes. Basically he told her that they keep hooking up when one of them is in a highly emotional and he doesn't want it to be like that. It was a very mature and gentlemanly thing to do - such an Everett move. :wub:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LuvingLumi
Jan 24 2013, 01:37 PM
elci525
Jan 24 2013, 01:27 PM
Matt

ITA....it's more about having the scenes play out that should have played out earlier in the week or last week, but instead other people get exchanges that pretty much belonged to Will's parents....
Lucas got to talk to Will first before ANYONE else right after the truth came out and Will bolted from the church. Then, everyone else got to have conversations with him. In fact, Lucas got probably the most meaningful talk with Will because he was the first to read him the riot act and try to get him to step up.

Could they stand to involve Lucas more? Sure. However, they've involved him enough thus far where it can be said they've played that beat. The only interaction lacking here is Kate. We could use more of her involvement but, outside of that, they've done a fine job across the board. They are even focusing on Sonny, Justin, and Adrienne and making sure that side of it is represented.

And I'm not bothered it took this long for Sami and Lucas to talk about it. It's only been one day in Salem time and considering the current state of their relationship (which is civil but not exactly a relationship in which they seek each other out unless they have to), it makes sense for it not to happen until one of them resigned themselves to finally reaching out to the other because they realize they have to talk things over at some point.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 24 2013, 01:47 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Did anyone catch what Nick said to himself when he was standing outside the examination room?

michelle
Member Avatar

Matt
Oh, Matt. I LOVE you so. :wub2:

elci525
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 24 2013, 01:41 PM
I'm absolutely loving the Lucas/Sami interactions today. IMO, THIS is the perfect version of these two characters & their relationship -- brutally honest with one another, snarky/sniping, kinda petty, but still ultimately on good terms/friendly and most definitely on the same side of what matters. This WORKS and I'd really love to see more of this.
It's what's always worked. I mean, you know, you might be saying that they work best as just friends, and I will disagree with that. But that fundamental dynamic is what's always worked. At least in my opinion.

I am just thrilled the show acknowledges they are parents together, and had Will when they were kids. And I loved the toasting over being grandparents. Aww, it made my heart break a little - seeing that spark. I nearly shed a tear....

And while I understand Lucas's make peace not war attitude, and agree that for the good of the child it would be best to get along to avoid ugly battles (like that's going to happen), and rather see him get down and dirty plotty with Sami. That would be heaven. But I am just grateful for the five seconds I got today - that will need to tide me over for awhile.
Edited by elci525, Jan 24 2013, 04:10 PM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

EJ_SamiFF
Jan 24 2013, 01:02 PM
Ejami Kiss is hot ass hell
Ohh.. what it? :) I am so curious. :wub2:

WillFan
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jan 24 2013, 01:45 PM
Did anyone catch what Nick said to himself when he was standing outside the examination room?
mutters he is gonna make things right.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply