Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 24 2013, 09:59 AM (15,238 Views)
EJamandBread
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 24 2013, 01:41 PM
I'm absolutely loving the Lucas/Sami interactions today. IMO, THIS is the perfect version of these two characters & their relationship -- brutally honest with one another, snarky/sniping, kinda petty, but still ultimately on good terms/friendly and most definitely on the same side of what matters. This WORKS and I'd really love to see more of this.
I agree. I was a big fan of their romance back in the day, but they're friends now. They love each other. As friends. They're honest with each other. They are there for each other. Sami needs a friend and confidant, and I think Lucas fills that role perfectly. More, please.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I loved that underscore they used under the Will/Rafe scene. IMO, it sounded very much like something Marty Davich would've used back in the day.

michelle
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 24 2013, 01:27 PM
Matt
Jan 24 2013, 01:16 PM
Well, whaddya know! There's Lucas. Going to see Sami. About their son. The way some people talk, you'd think he hadn't been on screen for 2 months, not 2 days/episodes and wasn't going to be seen again until the 12th of never.
Em, no that's not it. I mean, yes I don't know if and when he will be seen again. I mean, I knew this was coming from spoilers, and from what I have read there isn't another mention of him in the next few weeks, but that is spoilers. But that it's taken THIS LONG for Lucas and Sami to have a conversation about Will. And the first things out of Sami's mouth are, the kids are all at sleepovers - not even CONSIDERING that Will's situation might be a timely topic of discussion for she and Lucas together, his parents. It's not that I worry he isn't going to be seen again until the 12th of never. I mean, I do, as all signs indicate that, but whatever. It's that given who he is, that he is Will's father, that he and Sami were once, you know, married and together, that they were friends, that they have a history, he is only a marginal figure in this storyline. I know the storyline is nascent, and if the writers are more interested in telling other stories, that is fine. But that is what is upsetting. And here Lucas is, immediately talking about Ejami. B/c that is all that really matters, right? Not that I blame him for making the observations he's making. But that is just me maybe.

The way some ppl talk, this is the concern - the frustration that it makes perfect sense for Lucas to be more of a participant in the story, and he is relegated to the sidelines (other than the great convos with Will last week, but again those were isolated. Once they were done, he was just gone). Trust me, if in a few weeks he does become a very active, involved participant, I will be shouting from the rooftops with glee, admitting I had jumped to conclusions too soon. But I suspect that won't be happening.
From what was mentioned on yesterday's show, this is the day after the wedding. So Lucas waiting til the next day (or even the next day - not 100% sure) is not too long of a wait for him to discuss with this Sami. And considering Will JUST left her place, NOW is a good time for Lucas and Sami to talk. She just got a bit sidetracked, bu EJ stopping by...I can't blame her.

As usual, we are ALL suffering from the old 2/3 weeks real time = one Salem day. Seems like it's always been this way.

elci525
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 24 2013, 01:45 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 24 2013, 01:37 PM
elci525
Matt
Well, whaddya know! There's Lucas. Going to see Sami. About their son. The way some people talk, you'd think he hadn't been on screen for 2 months, not 2 days/episodes and wasn't going to be seen again until the 12th of never.
Em, no that's not it. I mean, yes I don't know if and when he will be seen again. I mean, I knew this was coming from spoilers, and from what I have read there isn't another mention of him in the next few weeks, but that is spoilers. But that it's taken THIS LONG for Lucas and Sami to have a conversation about Will. And the first things out of Sami's mouth are, the kids are all at sleepovers - not even CONSIDERING that Will's situation might be a timely topic of discussion for she and Lucas together, his parents. It's not that I worry he isn't going to be seen again until the 12th of never. I mean, I do, as all signs indicate that, but whatever. It's that given who he is, that he is Will's father, that he and Sami were once, you know, married and together, that they were friends, that they have a history, he is only a marginal figure in this storyline. I know the storyline is nascent, and if the writers are more interested in telling other stories, that is fine. But that is what is upsetting. And here Lucas is, immediately talking about Ejami. B/c that is all that really matters, right? Not that I blame him for making the observations he's making. But that is just me maybe.

The way some ppl talk, this is the concern - the frustration that it makes perfect sense for Lucas to be more of a participant in the story, and he is relegated to the sidelines (other than the great convos with Will last week, but again those were isolated. Once they were done, he was just gone). Trust me, if in a few weeks he does become a very active, involved participant, I will be shouting from the rooftops with glee, admitting I had jumped to conclusions too soon. But I suspect that won't be happening.
ITA....it's more about having the scenes play out that should have played out earlier in the week or last week, but instead other people get exchanges that pretty much belonged to Will's parents....
Lucas got to talk to Will first before ANYONE else right after the truth came out and Will bolted from the church. Then, everyone else got to have conversations with him. In fact, Lucas got probably the most meaningful talk with Will because he was the first to read him the riot act and try to get him to step up.

Could they stand to involve Lucas more? Sure. However, they've involved him enough thus far where it can be said they've played that beat. The only interaction lacking here is Kate. We could use more of her involvement but, outside of that, they've done a fine job across the board. They are even focusing on Sonny, Justin, and Adrienne and making sure that side of it is represented.

And I'm not bothered it took this long for Sami and Lucas to talk about it. It's only been one day in Salem time and considering the current state of their relationship (which is civil but not exactly a relationship in which they seek each other out unless they have to), it makes sense for it not to happen until one of them resigned themselves to finally reaching out to the other because they realize they have to talk things over at some point.
I didn't say Lucas didn't get a chance to talk to Will. He did, and I was so glad for that, and I agree that his conversation with his son was meaningful. It made me so happy.

I will just disagree with you about the time it's taken Lucas and Sami to talk about Will. I just flat out disagree. I feel they should have talked right away. And not just a few words of lets support our son. I don't think I am wrong in this, and I am sticking by it. Resign themselves that they have to to talk to each other about Will? I don't think so.

It has only been a day or two, which is why I also said the story was still nascent (post reveal). But I just have a hunch this is the last we will be seeing Lucas in any capacity in the story for awhile. If I am wrong, fantastic.

elci525
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 24 2013, 01:51 PM
elci525
Matt

From what was mentioned on yesterday's show, this is the day after the wedding. So Lucas waiting til the next day (or even the next day - not 100% sure) is not too long of a wait for him to discuss with this Sami. And considering Will JUST left her place, NOW is a good time for Lucas and Sami to talk. She just got a bit sidetracked, bu EJ stopping by...I can't blame her.

As usual, we are ALL suffering from the old 2/3 weeks real time = one Salem day. Seems like it's always been this way.
No, I realize it hasn't been a week. I still think that it should have been right away. Don't agree with me, no one else seems to. But that is what I feel. The show has been more interested in telling the Rafe, Sami, EJ drama story first - which is fine, but I disagree with those priorities. And if this is the last we see of them discussing or playing any role in Will's current storyline together, or the last time for awhile, I will be disappointed.
Edited by elci525, Jan 24 2013, 01:57 PM.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Wilson kiss is so hot, also like that Sonny put the brakes on them having sex. Will better work his butt off getting Sonny to forgive him. Sonny is such a nice guy :cloud9:

elci525
Member Avatar

Awww, yes Lucas....sometimes love just isn't enough....

elci525
Member Avatar

Oh, wow - I loved that Wilson kiss so much.

elci525
Member Avatar

Whoah, anyone else notice that Gabi's nails went from maroony brown in the hospital, to baby blue in her convo with Abby? Either Gabi is more obsessed with nail polish than I am, or the continuity ppl fell asleep today.
Edited by elci525, Jan 24 2013, 02:08 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

PhoenixRising05
LuvingLumi
elci525
Matt

ITA....it's more about having the scenes play out that should have played out earlier in the week or last week, but instead other people get exchanges that pretty much belonged to Will's parents....
Lucas got to talk to Will first before ANYONE else right after the truth came out and Will bolted from the church. Then, everyone else got to have conversations with him. In fact, Lucas got probably the most meaningful talk with Will because he was the first to read him the riot act and try to get him to step up.

Could they stand to involve Lucas more? Sure. However, they've involved him enough thus far where it can be said they've played that beat. The only interaction lacking here is Kate. We could use more of her involvement but, outside of that, they've done a fine job across the board. They are even focusing on Sonny, Justin, and Adrienne and making sure that side of it is represented.

And I'm not bothered it took this long for Sami and Lucas to talk about it. It's only been one day in Salem time and considering the current state of their relationship (which is civil but not exactly a relationship in which they seek each other out unless they have to), it makes sense for it not to happen until one of them resigned themselves to finally reaching out to the other because they realize they have to talk things over at some point.
Oh, I never said that Will and Lucas didn't get to talking...I loved that those scenes happened because if ANYONE had to have that chat with Will alone FIRST it was Lucas...but I also felt it was a huge plot device to have Nick hear them....but regardless of that, I loved those scenes. My main complaint is that Will's parents didn't get to talking about this before today, and then when he shows up she sort of forgot that she called him to specifically talk about this. Yeah, it's only two days after the wedding at most, but she still got to talking to virtually everyone but Lucas about this issue, when IMHO she or Lucas should have sought each other out to discuss exactly what went on before. I don't need a romantic connection with Lumi anymore, but it's obvious (at least to me) that there is an attempt to not have them share ANY scenes, even when it makes sense....the last Lumi scene (minus the St. Lukes Christmas scenes with no dialogue) was way back in October...I might be wrong but it just feels like they couldn't care less to actually have him around much less have him share screen time with Sami....so why should I even think that they are going to include him in this story much at all....and he absolutely belongs.....I agree about Kate though, she's the one that truly needs to start weighing in now.

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

EJ and Sami were off the rails today. It was hot, but more than that, their interactions were spot on tender and emotional, too. Love them!

elci525
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 24 2013, 02:05 PM
PhoenixRising05
LuvingLumi
elci525

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Oh, I never said that Will and Lucas didn't get to talking...I loved that those scenes happened because if ANYONE had to have that chat with Will alone FIRST it was Lucas...but I also felt it was a huge plot device to have Nick hear them....but regardless of that, I loved those scenes. My main complaint is that Will's parents didn't get to talking about this before today, and then when he shows up she sort of forgot that she called him to specifically talk about this. Yeah, it's only two days after the wedding at most, but she still got to talking to virtually everyone but Lucas about this issue, when IMHO she or Lucas should have sought each other out to discuss exactly what went on before. I don't need a romantic connection with Lumi anymore, but it's obvious (at least to me) that there is an attempt to not have them share ANY scenes, even when it makes sense....the last Lumi scene (minus the St. Lukes Christmas scenes with no dialogue) was way back in October...I might be wrong but it just feels like they couldn't care less to actually have him around much less have him share screen time with Sami....so why should I even think that they are going to include him in this story much at all....and he absolutely belongs.....I agree about Kate though, she's the one that truly needs to start weighing in now.
At least we're on the same page, LL ;)

PatNS
Member Avatar

Team Lucas all the way! He doesn't take anything from Sami and calls it as he sees it ... good for him.

EJ played Sami like a vioin today but in the end he's going to get played because Sami will have sex with him because of a fight she had with Rafe. I love to see the player get played!

Nick is just a constant mass of scheming and plotting the next move - I'd think he'd give Stefano a run for his money at a game of chess.

Loved how Will just beamed when talking to Rafe about the baby. Really liked the Rafe and Will conversation today.

elci525
Member Avatar

PatNS
Jan 24 2013, 02:09 PM
Team Lucas all the way! He doesn't take anything from Sami and calls it as he sees it ... good for him.

EJ played Sami like a vioin today but in the end he's going to get played because Sami will have sex with him because of a fight she had with Rafe. I love to see the player get played!

Nick is just a constant mass of scheming and plotting the next move - I'd think he'd give Stefano a run for his money at a game of chess.

Loved how Will just beamed when talking to Rafe about the baby. Really liked the Rafe and Will conversation today.
I really loved the Rafe and Will convo too. It's like without Sami's craziness, and after letting things settle, Rafe sees how in love with his child Will is. Those were nice scenes. I just suspect Nick will try to poison the well again, and will likely succeed.

six
Member Avatar

michelle
elci525
Matt

Not only that, but Sami is the one who called Lucas and asked when he'd be available to discuss Will, so it's not like she didn't want his input.

Another good episode today, except that it wasn't as soapy as it could have been since everyone decided to be adults. I know every day can't be filled with drama and schemes, but it would be nice if they were lol.

I'm very glad to see a bedroom set appear. Hopefully that's for ejami so they don't have to use that nasty couch.

Wilson's push and pull is so good right now.

It was good to see Adrienne and Justin today. Hopefully they'll take a larger role in all this.

Didn't Gabi just tell Nick she didn't want to get married only for him to run back and organize a wedding anyway?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

elci525
Jan 24 2013, 02:08 PM
LuvingLumi
PhoenixRising05
LuvingLumi

ARen't we always! ;)

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

lucas and sami talk today was like they alreday talk about will offscreen at least once

elci525
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 24 2013, 02:12 PM
elci525
Jan 24 2013, 02:08 PM
LuvingLumi
PhoenixRising05

ARen't we always! ;)
Pretty much!!

Tibi
Member Avatar

Eww, just eww. There is not one single thing hot about Sami. She's a cheap skank ho. She has four kids & a grandchild on the way, she's Honey Boo Boo's mom. Just. So. Trashy. :shame:

elci525
Member Avatar

six
Jan 24 2013, 02:12 PM
michelle
elci525
Matt

Not only that, but Sami is the one who called Lucas and asked when he'd be available to discuss Will, so it's not like she didn't want his input.

Oh yeah? Wanted Will's father's input? How generous of her. How anything but totally logical and appropriate.

My point is that this should go without saying. One might argue that Lumi aren't close anymore, and I would argue that, well, one, that in and of itself is bs (not that they aren't romantically involved, but that they are barely friends and seen together). And I would also argue that this shouldn't matter in light of this very significant development with Will.

Look, I get it. This isn't a Lumi story and that is fine - no one is interested in telling that story. I am just voicing my profound, rattling-my-gut displeasure that this is the case. Were it another time, I can only imagine what this story might look like.
Edited by elci525, Jan 24 2013, 02:27 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply