Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 24 2013, 09:59 AM (15,054 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

Also loved Adrienne and Justin today - hope we get to see plenty more of them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Yay Lucas is back & having it out with Sami!!

Chad & Abby scenes- always a win for me :wub:

six
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 24 2013, 02:24 PM
six
Jan 24 2013, 02:12 PM
michelle
Jan 24 2013, 01:51 PM
elci525
Jan 24 2013, 01:27 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
From what was mentioned on yesterday's show, this is the day after the wedding. So Lucas waiting til the next day (or even the next day - not 100% sure) is not too long of a wait for him to discuss with this Sami. And considering Will JUST left her place, NOW is a good time for Lucas and Sami to talk. She just got a bit sidetracked, bu EJ stopping by...I can't blame her.

As usual, we are ALL suffering from the old 2/3 weeks real time = one Salem day. Seems like it's always been this way.
Not only that, but Sami is the one who called Lucas and asked when he'd be available to discuss Will, so it's not like she didn't want his input.

Oh yeah? Wanted Will's father's input? How generous of her. How anything but totally logical and appropriate.

My point is that this should go without saying. One might argue that Lumi aren't close anymore, and I would argue that, well, one, that in and of itself is bs (not that they aren't romantically involved, but that they are barely friends and seen together). And I would also argue that this shouldn't matter in light of this very significant development with Will.

Look, I get it. This isn't a Lumi story and that is fine - no one is interested in telling that story. I am just voicing my profound, rattling-my-gut displeasure that this is the case. Were it another time, I can only imagine what this story might look like.
I assume I'm reading this wrong, but to clarify - you're annoyed that Sami called Lucas and asked him when he'd be available to talk? But you were also annoyed when it seemed to you that Sami didn't think Will's predicament was something they should discuss? I don't see what more the show could have done.
Edited by six, Jan 24 2013, 02:36 PM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Holy hotness! That couch toss EJ did was impressive. EJami's still got it. And miracle of miracles, EJ HAS A BED!

Absolutely loved the Will and Sonny scenes.....so much truth and vulnerability. I think the writers are doing a wonderful job with this aspect of the story.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

How did Chabby grow on me? When did this happen?

So Adrienne is the judgmental one now, I guess? I don't think I like that.

Ejami or Evermi or whoever that couple is making out on the couch is hot!!

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 24 2013, 02:05 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 24 2013, 01:45 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 24 2013, 01:37 PM
elci525
Jan 24 2013, 01:27 PM

ITA....it's more about having the scenes play out that should have played out earlier in the week or last week, but instead other people get exchanges that pretty much belonged to Will's parents....
Lucas got to talk to Will first before ANYONE else right after the truth came out and Will bolted from the church. Then, everyone else got to have conversations with him. In fact, Lucas got probably the most meaningful talk with Will because he was the first to read him the riot act and try to get him to step up.

Could they stand to involve Lucas more? Sure. However, they've involved him enough thus far where it can be said they've played that beat. The only interaction lacking here is Kate. We could use more of her involvement but, outside of that, they've done a fine job across the board. They are even focusing on Sonny, Justin, and Adrienne and making sure that side of it is represented.

And I'm not bothered it took this long for Sami and Lucas to talk about it. It's only been one day in Salem time and considering the current state of their relationship (which is civil but not exactly a relationship in which they seek each other out unless they have to), it makes sense for it not to happen until one of them resigned themselves to finally reaching out to the other because they realize they have to talk things over at some point.
Oh, I never said that Will and Lucas didn't get to talking...I loved that those scenes happened because if ANYONE had to have that chat with Will alone FIRST it was Lucas...but I also felt it was a huge plot device to have Nick hear them....but regardless of that, I loved those scenes. My main complaint is that Will's parents didn't get to talking about this before today, and then when he shows up she sort of forgot that she called him to specifically talk about this. Yeah, it's only two days after the wedding at most, but she still got to talking to virtually everyone but Lucas about this issue, when IMHO she or Lucas should have sought each other out to discuss exactly what went on before. I don't need a romantic connection with Lumi anymore, but it's obvious (at least to me) that there is an attempt to not have them share ANY scenes, even when it makes sense....the last Lumi scene (minus the St. Lukes Christmas scenes with no dialogue) was way back in October...I might be wrong but it just feels like they couldn't care less to actually have him around much less have him share screen time with Sami....so why should I even think that they are going to include him in this story much at all....and he absolutely belongs.....I agree about Kate though, she's the one that truly needs to start weighing in now.
for some reason kate is all about parker in episodes we saw after wabi baby reveal she all about parker and chloe and yet kristen mention will baby drama and

the problem was really sami talking to virtually everyone but Lucas and today felt like they talk at least once off screen amd miss the beat of what should first talk about it and will and lucas talk half of it was plot to nick find dirt on will and half of will talk 'with lucas lucas had to frorce
him to talk with him and while will had Naturally talk with ej
they already had ej and sami having Custody Lawyer for will
on yestrday show they have rafe saying will was mix up

they even had sami will and ej scene
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jan 24 2013, 02:42 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

elci525
PatNS
Jan 24 2013, 02:09 PM
Team Lucas all the way! He doesn't take anything from Sami and calls it as he sees it ... good for him.

EJ played Sami like a vioin today but in the end he's going to get played because Sami will have sex with him because of a fight she had with Rafe. I love to see the player get played!

Nick is just a constant mass of scheming and plotting the next move - I'd think he'd give Stefano a run for his money at a game of chess.

Loved how Will just beamed when talking to Rafe about the baby. Really liked the Rafe and Will conversation today.
I really loved the Rafe and Will convo too. It's like without Sami's craziness, and after letting things settle, Rafe sees how in love with his child Will is. Those were nice scenes. I just suspect Nick will try to poison the well again, and will likely succeed.
I'm no Rafe fan, but Rafe has always consistently been portrayed as liking Will for the most part and it seemed really contrived that he would suddenly turn on him.

But I wonder with Rafe and Lucas both seeing some reason, how Nick is going to stir things up.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Will's eyes when looking at the sonogram. :wub:

Rafe being snarky to Abby and then telling her she needs to be there for Gabi even though he knows Gabi's role in Jack's death - dick move, Rafe.

Nick being understanding - hmmm, now that's suspicious.

Oh Everett, you are such a romantic and totally right about this. I seriously love you. I'm going to rewind that scene 10 times.

Ejamicus!!!! :wub:

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Oh Lumi, I love it when you snark on each other. This is such a good dynamic.

The Kiriaki have such great family chemistry.

Kinda starting to feel the Ejad chemistry too. Maybe CD is growing on me. It only took 4 years.

Awh to these Wabi baby scene. Crazy eyes lurking!!! I love how Nick pretends he's okay with it and then stews in the background. He's such a great nutcase.

elci525
Member Avatar

six
Jan 24 2013, 02:34 PM
elci525
six
michelle

Not only that, but Sami is the one who called Lucas and asked when he'd be available to discuss Will, so it's not like she didn't want his input.

Oh yeah? Wanted Will's father's input? How generous of her. How anything but totally logical and appropriate.

My point is that this should go without saying. One might argue that Lumi aren't close anymore, and I would argue that, well, one, that in and of itself is bs (not that they aren't romantically involved, but that they are barely friends and seen together). And I would also argue that this shouldn't matter in light of this very significant development with Will.

Look, I get it. This isn't a Lumi story and that is fine - no one is interested in telling that story. I am just voicing my profound, rattling-my-gut displeasure that this is the case. Were it another time, I can only imagine what this story might look like.
I assume I'm reading this wrong, but to clarify - you're annoyed that Sami called Lucas and asked him when he'd be available to talk? But you were also annoyed when it seemed to you that Sami didn't think Will's predicament was something they should discuss? I don't see what more the show could have done.
Then let me clarify. I am glad we had any of these scenes of Lucas and Sami talking about Will we saw today. And yes, I guess rather than Sami not even regarding Lucas as someone she might need or want to talk to about what's happened, or completely forgetting he exists, of course I appreciated that she and the show thought he was/does.

But my fundamental annoyance, I suppose, is in the sentiment that at least Sami called Lucas to get his input. Like as a fan I should be grateful - or maybe that is the wrong word....satisfied? pleased? - that she wanted it. And that that's enough. My point, as I said, is that that should go without saying. Of course they should want to seek each other to discuss this matter that affects their son, and them by extension, regardless of the state of their current relationship. It shouldn't have even waited a day or two for Sami to make an appointment to talk to Lucas. What more the show could have done is instead of Sami with EJ after her confrontation with Gabi, show Will's parents together. Or before any of the Sami, EJ and Rafe scenes, show Will's parents. Maybe that is an impossible and totally crazy request that reflects my complete lack of understanding of the current storyline. Maybe. As I said, the show was interested in showing Sami's fallout with Rafe and the realignment with EJ, and that's fine. And this also resulted b/c Sami's first action was to slam Gabi, with Rafe there, so that he would get angry and defensive, so that Sami could get angry and defensive, so that EJ would be there to pick up the pieces and serve as contrast. I get it. But I am still disappointed those were the priorities, as I have said.

I don't think I am being ridiculous here. Yes, it has be one or two days since the fall out, and not a week (and I never thought or meant to suggest it was - I understand soap time), and so two days before talking is better than a week or a month before Sami and Lucas talking. This all started b/c the suggestion was made that those unhappy with Lucas's lack of involvement in the story, act as though he wasn't just on last week talking with Will, or didn't expect him to be on today. I am thrilled for those two or three scenes we saw. But I suspect that will be the extent of it for awhile to come. If the show is not interested in showcasing Lucas or BD in the story, b/c they feel Lucas has no prominent place in it, that's fine. I understand Lumi and Lucas are not the center of everyone's interest. But I think that if things pan out that way, it is wrong, and for certain disappointing. I don't really know how else to explain.

ETA - Right, I also made a post that expressed annoyance that Sami "forgot" why Lucas might be there, or that her first thought was to talk about the other kids at sleepovers, b/c Lucas must be there for Allie. Obviously she was distracted b/c something was more important or present on her mind (and by extension the show thinking that, but I could be exaggerating), and I don't need to elaborate as to why that is annoying to me. That is total fan shipping annoyance that doesn't merit debate - I was just pissy and commented about it. That is just silly though. The bigger problem I've written way too much about, is what really bothers me. But it is what it is.
Edited by elci525, Jan 24 2013, 03:23 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Why is CM whispering?? Is it a secret that you want to be the baby's dad?? Speak up, Will!!

I love how BB is playing this - pretending he's okay with this outside and totally pissed inside.

Seriously loving these Lumi scenes - they do the honest frenemies thing so well. BD cracked up though when Lucas was slutshaming Sami.

I like the contrast of these Rafe-Will scenes to the Sami-Gabi scenes earlier in the week. Very sweet.

Wow Nick, you aren't obsessive at all, are ya?

Edited by tomsawyer, Jan 24 2013, 03:13 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Will and Rafe are very sweet right now. Why so pessimistic, Rafe? Even though you're probably right.

Everett is such a grown-up. And Lucas too. Sami, not so much. And thank god for that.

Group hug? Really?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

six
elci525
six
michelle

She assumed he was there for Allie, as she mentioned the kids were at sleepovers, it really didn't dawn on her that SHE called him to discuss Will? It just sounded so stupid that she would jump to the conclusion that his presence at her house was for Allie's sake and not for Will's sake.....

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

WilSon is so earnest and emotional. I kinda want them to just make out instead.

Everytime Chad says he and Cameron are family, I get confused for at least three seconds.

I really hope Gabi's shirt is a maternity shirt so that we don't have to see it again after May.

"Sometimes love just isn't enough" - awh, very poignant Lucas.

GG is playing Rafe as happy and clueless today. I like him better as bitter and smug.

Well, thanks Will for listening to my request from earlier. Hot kiss!

six
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 24 2013, 03:00 PM
six
elci525
six

Then let me clarify. I am glad we had any of these scenes of Lucas and Sami talking about Will we saw today. And yes, I guess rather than Sami not even regard Lucas as someone she might need or want to talk to about what's happened, of course I appreciated that she and the show thought he was. I am not annoyed she called Lucas.

But annoyance, I suppose, is in the sentiment that at least Sami called Lucas to get his input. Like as a fan I should be grateful, or maybe that is the wrong word, satisfied? pleased? that she wanted it. And that that's enough. My point, as I said, is that that should go without saying. Of course they should want to and seek each other to discuss this matter that affect their son, and them by extension, regardless of the state of their current relationship. That it shouldn't have even waited a day or two for Sami to make an appointment to talk to Lucas. What more the show could have done is instead of Sami with EJ after her confrontation with Gabi, show Will's parents together. Or before any of the many Sami, EJ and Rafe scenes, show Will's parents. Maybe that is an impossible and totally crazy request that reflects my complete lack of understanding of the current storyline. Maybe. As I said, the show was interested in showing the fallout with Rafe and the realignment with EJ, and that's fine. But I am still disappointed those were the priorities, as I have said.

I don't think I am being ridiculous here. Yes, it has be one or two days since the fall out, and not a week (and I never thought or meant to suggest it was), and so two days before talking is better than a week or a month before Sami and Lucas talking. This all started b/c the suggestion was made that those unhappy with Lucas's lack of involvement in the story, act as though he wasn't just on last week talking with Will, or didn't expect him to be on today. I am thrilled for those two or three scenes we saw. But I suspect that will be the extent of it for awhile to come. If the show is not interested in showcasing Lucas or BD in the story, b/c they feel Lucas has no prominent place in it, that's fine. I understand Lumi and Lucas are not the center of everyone's interest. But I think that if things pan out that way, it is wrong, and for certain disappointing. I don't really know how else to explain.
The sentiment is not that you should be grateful that Sami called Lucas to talk to him about this. It's that that scene flies in the face of the idea that Sami didn't think that was something worthy of discussion with Lucas. Nobody is claiming that phone call is some kind of magnanimous gesture on Sami's part, or on the part of the show. That beat should have been played and it was.

Edited by six, Jan 24 2013, 03:34 PM.

spartan
Member Avatar

Never thought I would see the day EJ Dimera would put the brakes on his Samantha offering it up to him on a silver platter. Geez. I love him for it. :wub: Damn, that couch scene was hot. *sigh* I just can't quit this couple! Too freakin good! Thank you. Thank you, James & Ali for still bringing it.

Loved the Kirakis family hug. Sonny is so gosh, darn cute. I love Justin and Adrienne.

Will's gonna have a little girl. I loved his excitement over actually processing it all today.

The Lumi talk was good! Just how I like them. Friends. Also, BD needs to keep his hair like that. I like it.

EJ has a bed! Let's hope while it's back EJami puts it to good use. :boobs:

spartan
Member Avatar

Oh, and I had not processed until now that Johnny, Allie and Sydney are going to be aunts and uncles.

camera shy

gailwinters
Jan 24 2013, 02:37 PM
Holy hotness! That couch toss EJ did was impressive. EJami's still got it. And miracle of miracles, EJ HAS A BED!

Absolutely loved the Will and Sonny scenes.....so much truth and vulnerability. I think the writers are doing a wonderful job with this aspect of the story.

Yeah, he has a bed. Lord knows he fucked Nicole enough in that bed.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 24 2013, 03:17 PM
six
elci525
six

She assumed he was there for Allie, as she mentioned the kids were at sleepovers, it really didn't dawn on her that SHE called him to discuss Will? It just sounded so stupid that she would jump to the conclusion that his presence at her house was for Allie's sake and not for Will's sake.....
Or maybe she assumed he was about to have a patented Lucas rant about EJ being around his daughter/Sami getting busy when the kids could walk in on them, so she decided to head him off at the pass. :shrug:
Edited by six, Jan 24 2013, 03:30 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Abby thought people won't like her because she's a virgin. What a weird thing to think and say.

Nice big bed there, Everett. I'm hoping they put that up for a reason. Seriously cute Evermi conversation. I'm glad Sami is at least tried to tell the truth.

Rafe, Lucas, EJ, Will and Gabi are all being too rationale about this baby thing. Thank goodness for the nutters Sami and Nick!!!

Poor Will and Sami - mother and son both cockblocked in one day. CM was great in that scene. I don't always feel the heat from Will for Sonny, but I really did today.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply