Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother Canada - Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Jan 24 2013, 01:54 PM (8,506 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm already dreading the Rachel Reilly appearance.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

darraholic
Mar 3 2013, 02:14 PM
I'm already dreading the Rachel Reilly appearance.
:scared: :run:

Manny
Member Avatar

Okay, so I watched the first two episodes and I am loving it so far!

Love Arisa, love the opening theme, the graphics..

HGs seem like a good cast so far. I could see it being a good season.

I like Liza and Aneal the most so far. I am just scared that Tom might become like Russell Hantz.. that would just suck.
I cannot decide if I like Gary or find him annoying. Suzette, poor girl, is trying to be this big strategist, but is failing. Talla is fun!
I expected more out of Alec though. Him being such a huge Dr. Will fan and a social psychologist... so far yawn!

Should be fun! I'm going now to see who won the next HOH. I'm guessing Tom..

darraholic
Member Avatar

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Edited by darraholic, Mar 3 2013, 04:10 PM.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

darraholic
Mar 3 2013, 04:07 PM
:roflol:

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

LOL Gary and Danielle's friendship has an "Amy and Marcellas (BB3)" feel to it (except without the southern accent and the love for cheese lol)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I freaking love Talla...she is a HUGE airhead...but she is so dumb and innocent, haha. She is hilarious on the feeds.

Liza is still my fave, so long as she is above the Tom mist and is planning to stab him in the back soon!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

My current rankings:
1. Gary
2. Andrew
3. Talla
4. Peter
5. Liza
6. Aneal
7. Alec
8. AJ
9. Suzette
10. Topaz
11. Danielle
12. Emmett
13. Jillian
14. Tom

darraholic
Member Avatar

Talla's my new favorite. She's just so cute and hilarious.

I pretty much like everyone except for Jillian, Emmett & Tom. Oh and AJ who is like NEVER around. I NEVER see him on the feeds when I'm watching.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Shick
Mar 3 2013, 09:35 PM
LOL Gary and Danielle's friendship has an "Amy and Marcellas (BB3)" feel to it (except without the southern accent and the love for cheese lol)
I'm still upset they didn't bring Amy back for All Stars. She was amazing!

Kenny
Member Avatar

How are you guys enjoying BBCA so far? I haven't had the chance to watch it yet because I've had so much going on in my personal life. I feel like I'm missing out!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 4 2013, 11:44 PM
Shick
Mar 3 2013, 09:35 PM
I'm still upset they didn't bring Amy back for All Stars. She was amazing!
Didn't she turn them down?

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm really enjoying it Kenny. I find it a mix between BBUK and BBUS. It's miles better then the last few seasons of BBUS. The first episode was choppy, but only a week in and the show is rocking so far.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

I'm really loving it too! My biggest gripes are about the veto necklace and keys looking tacky, and that's such a minimal thing. I love the players, and I love the house... the show's definitely way better than I thought it would be! You should check it out, Kenny!

From what I've noticed online, most American BB superfans are really enjoying the show. So it's a good sign! :)
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Mar 5 2013, 01:15 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Gotta watch Sunday's episode still but I think it's off to a good start. I really enjoy it. It's definitely a great mix of UK/US. I like it a lot.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Jokers has a poll where the HGs are ranked - some of the placements are shocking.

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/pages/ratebbcanhg.php

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kenny
Mar 4 2013, 11:46 PM
How are you guys enjoying BBCA so far? I haven't had the chance to watch it yet because I've had so much going on in my personal life. I feel like I'm missing out!
So far I would say it is off to a pretty great start. The cast is awesome...there are some alliances.

The house looks amazing on the feeds...there is less censoring of things.

People I thought were super annoying in the beginning, have become faves of mine that I am not rooting for again the main alliance of 7 (Tom/Emmett/Jillian/Alec/Topaz/Peter/Liza), even though I am rooting for 3 of those 7.

The first episode was easily the worst...they have some sound issues, the host was nervous, the production value was a little off...but they seemed to have almost everything worked out by the 2nd episode...which was very good.

Production value has been improved, but editing is still shaky (ie: showing who is nominated after veto on live show, before showing veto ceremony; showing which keys are left out before nominations)...they need to work out those editing issues and everything will be perfect.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Dare I say it, but Gary has started to grow on me, or at least he didn't annoy me in Sunday's episode. I'm not really keeping up with the live feeds so I'm only going by what the episodes show. It's a nice change compared to watching as much as I can with the US version. I like Emmett but hate that he's a part of the 'it' group, particularly because of Tom.

I agree about the editing needing some improvement but I'm really enjoying the show so far.

King
Member Avatar

I think it is pretty good. There are the same issues every BB US season has starting out - not enough time per episode to get to know everyone and show everything. Seems a bit rushed.

But the cast is great. You definitely get the feeling that they are all fans of the show and not picked up in bars or from a modeling agency.

It definitely has a BB3/BB5 feel to it, IMO, cast-wise.

OMG, Darrah, I love it. Talla is HILARZ.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Talla the vodka stealing goddess. Loved how she didn't back down to Tom <3

My Rankings:

1. Talla
2. Peter
3. Alec
4. Gary
5. Danielle
6. Topaz
7. Andrew
8. Aneal
9. Liza
10. Suzette
11. AJ
12. Jillian
13. Emmett
14. Tom

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply