Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother Canada - Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Jan 24 2013, 01:54 PM (8,462 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

I haven't watched, but heard all about it.

LMAO AT TOPAZ! Such a dumbass, but I still love her.

Very happy for Jillian. She truly deserved it. She was a great player. I would have been happy for Gary too. I was just glad that asshole Emmett didn't win it. And Peter not getting his way <3

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Emmett was awful last night. First, telling Gary that Gary 'took what was his.' Umm, excuse me, asshole? Then, cheering and going nuts when Topaz cast the wrong vote. Show some class. He is trashy.

I still can't believe it. Jillian deserved it too. Would have preferred she won by two votes though so this wouldn't suck so badly.

King
Member Avatar

Here is a video with some of the HG's

http://www.theprovince.com/entertainment/Brother+Canada+Jillian+wins+after+Topaz/8330485/story.html

darraholic
Member Avatar

I think Gary is happy no matter what. He got his fame.

Yeah, Emmett is a complete douche. A friend of mine is friends with a guy that went to University with Emmett. He claims that Emmett made his life hell in University by calling him the F slur all the time.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Wow, can't believe Topaz made such a huge mistake. Jillian definitely deserved to win too, but I was rooting for Gary in the end. Emmett's true colors came out mid way through the season. I liked him early on, but damn was he terrible by the end. So glad that he wasn't in the final two. Peter, was once again insufferable.

Overall I thought it was a solid first season for Canada. It got a bit boring in the middle, but not too bad.'

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

WORST ENDING EVER!

Jillian did not deserve the win (4 HOH wins does not equal winning the game IMO) and CLEARLY would have lost had Topaz not fucked up her vote (that is gonna haunt her forever!).

Note to producers of Season 2 - follow the US version lead for final voting (ie: producers CONFIRM the votes during commercial break with EACH jury member to AVOID this situation from happening on live tv!)
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 3 2013, 01:28 PM.

King
Member Avatar

I think it was a great first season. I would love it if the second season was just all of these people going back in to settle scores. LOL. I really think casting-wise, this was one of the best seasons of BB for me, personally. Everyone was a true fan. Especially for a first-season show, I think it is just great. Although, I guess, the casting department of this one has been doing it for 12 plus seasons.

Jillian got a lot of blood on her hands and made a lot of moves and, yeah, she won a lot of competitions. I definitely do not think she rode Emmett's coat tails to get there. If anything, I think it's the other way around.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Let's not forget it was Emmett who wanted to keep Alec & Peter around after they were nominated. If Emmett had his way, Jillian & Emmett would not have been in the F3.

Jillian played a good game IMO.

Manny
Member Avatar

I cannot believe this happened. I liked Jill since the beginning, because she didn't ride Emmet's coattails.. but by the end, I think she made too many unnecessary lies. But she did deserve to win. But it's a shitty win. I don't get how Topaz could have made this mistake.

But all in all this was a great season! Love the cast, love the twists (although, it will be hard to follow it up, since they used EVERY possible twist in this season.. except Coup D'Etat..)! Can't wait for season two.

jayhawk
Member Avatar

2nd season coming

@BigBrotherCA
It's the moment we've all been waiting for! #BBCAN has just been renewed on @slice_tv!!! Stay tuned for casting details.

King
Member Avatar

Thank God!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Not surprised. I just hope for Season 2 they slow it down with all the twists.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Not surprised at all by this as the ratings were through the roof.

I was kinda hoping it would move from SLICE to one of the top networks like GLOBAL or CTV...but oh well.

And I agree - slow down the twists for sure.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Oh and make the feeds PAY next year so we can actually watch them!

Manny
Member Avatar

I didn't mind all the twists, but I guess they could slow it down a little bit.
But yay on BBCan being renewed! :)

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm all for twists if you have a shitty cast, but BBCanada actually had a great cast and they didn't need all the twists.

Manny
Member Avatar

Well the show did kinda dropped in drama a little bit after the double eviction of Tom and Liza. So I do think that at that point they needed to influence the game with twists to make it interesting again. Later on they probably should have stopped. Although, bringing a juror back was solely to bring a fan fav Gary back, IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply