Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother Canada - Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Jan 24 2013, 01:54 PM (8,125 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

One of the major benefits of the house being in Toronto is that east coast viewers will not have to stay up till 4am/6am for late night shenanigans on the feeds...and west coast viewers will also get a big break as most shenanigans for the day will be wrapped up every night by 12am-1am on the feeds. AWESOME news.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

So so excited for this! Wish I could watch live, but I barely watch anything live anymore so ... lol

The cast looks great! Very diverse! Let's see how Robyn did ... I like that almost all (except one?) are fans of the show.

The house also looks great! Very much a mix of the US/UK house, IMHO. I like it a lot. I love how they're all forced to live in the same bedroom. LMAO. Such a good idea! Make it REALLY uncomfortable. I think our BB treats the HGs way too good. I'm so ready for a change on the US format. Sigh.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The 1 bedroom thing can either backfire BIG time...or be INGENIOUS!

My only fear with 1 bedroom as we will end up with a BB1US situation, where everyone is buddy buddy and friends...UGH...

But the 1 bedroom thing will certainly make it much less harder for people to scheme...or at least doing it WITHOUT getting caught :)

Also another positive to 1 bedroom is it will be noisy, less chance of people going in there all the time to sleep the fucking day awat like on BBUS

King
Member Avatar

When is the first episode?

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Mitchapalooza
Feb 22 2013, 02:53 PM
The 1 bedroom thing can either backfire BIG time...or be INGENIOUS!

My only fear with 1 bedroom as we will end up with a BB1US situation, where everyone is buddy buddy and friends...UGH...

But the 1 bedroom thing will certainly make it much less harder for people to scheme...or at least doing it WITHOUT getting caught :)

Also another positive to 1 bedroom is it will be noisy, less chance of people going in there all the time to sleep the fucking day awat like on BBUS
The single bedroom works just fine on the UK version. It'll be interesting to see how it works with the North American format since you have more gameplay/strategy talk than they are allowed on BBUK.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

King
Feb 22 2013, 05:28 PM
When is the first episode?
Wed 27th

King
Member Avatar

And the Schedule is Wednesday and what other days? Just wondering what days I'll have to torrent. ;)

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

King
Feb 23 2013, 12:24 PM
And the Schedule is Wednesday and what other days? Just wondering what days I'll have to torrent. ;)
Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays...

King
Member Avatar

Thanks, NB!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Judging from some production video leaks and such, it looks like there is FOR SURE 2 bedrooms, 1 have not room and 1 HOH...so I don't think that 1 big bedroom they showed us in the ET Canada video is the only bedroom.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Rob Cesternino (from Survivor) has reality show podcasts, and recently interviewed Ian Terry (BB14 winner) about his opinions on the Big Brother Canada cast:
http://robhasawebsite.com/big-brother-canada-preview-ian-terry/

Ian's picks:

Posted Image
Ian thinks Anuj "AJ" Burman is winning hands down.

Posted Image
Ian's pick for runner-up is Andrew Monaghan.

Posted Image
Thinks Danielle Alexander will be the 2nd out because she's the "model type" of the season.

Rob's picks:

Posted Image
Alec Beall is Rob's pick for the Big Brother Canada winner based on his admiration for Dr. Will.

Posted Image
Suzette Amaya is Rob's pick for runner-up.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Also interesting tidbit from the podcast...

Apparently the 100,000$ cash prize is tax free, which Ian thought was really cool. Said he lost about 40% of his prize money because of taxes. He and Rob Cesternino also had no fucking clue what The Brick was, haha! "Like a Canadian IKEA?"

Edge1978
Member Avatar

Can't Wait!! 2 more days. :)

King
Member Avatar

Pre-show picks are meaningless. I wish people would stop doing those. LOL.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Yep any winnings in Canada in lottery or gameshows/sweepstakes/contests ect are taxfree.

Sure the prize money is much less than US....but really 500,000 in US = 300,000 after taxes.

Canada's = 100,000 cash + 25,000 GC + 20,000 vehicle = 145,000 approx.

In reality US BB is only about 150,000 more...and considering it is backed by CBS, while BBCA is backed by Slice (think FX or Showtime in the US), thats not bad.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

King
Feb 25 2013, 12:23 PM
Pre-show picks are meaningless. I wish people would stop doing those. LOL.
I like them because they're fun and interesting... I don't look at them as accurate or valid.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Cast in their bathing suits/New cast photo --> http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=BBCANewsAndRumours&Number=19064536

KMan101
Member Avatar

You can watch a live stream of Slice here: http://www.bigbrotherarchive.com/wp/tv-live-stream/

King
Member Avatar

OMG, Thanks Shawn!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

It starts tonight!!

Feeds start right after the broadcast is over :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply