Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 07:53 AM (7,321 Views)
Oak Alley
Member Avatar

So I guess another episode without Hope?? :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

cantstopme
Jan 25 2013, 01:37 PM
Please do not go ape shit on me.... but I am curious, am I the ONLY Days fan that absolutely can not stand John and/or Marlena and wishes that would just go away?

There has to be at least one other closet Jarlena hater out there.

I dont hate them as a "super couple"... I hate them each individually (and therefore, yes, as a couple too).
I love Marlena, find John to be "meh" and thought he was much hotter with Kate. Bring on the tomatoes!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 25 2013, 02:25 PM
soapgoddess
Jan 25 2013, 01:55 PM
Jennifer confides in Maggie too much. Jennifer needs to stop it. Keep Maggie out of her business.
if Jen feels the need to confide in someone, she should confide in someone that's not her boyfriend's mother, even if she was her aunt before she was his mother. Jen should be confiding in someone like Hope, or Billie.
Or Julie. :smile:

peaches179

John/Marlena scenes were ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I hope they find something more interesting for Kristen.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

My big issue right now is that you have the Nick/Gabi/Will episodes that feel SO cohesive and then you have the everything else episodes with Marlena/John/Kristen/Brady, Nicole/Eric, Chloe/Daniel/Jennifer, etc. I need these stories to cross over more. Also, I think Kristen is being wasted by simply having her only in this one story. IMO, Kristen needs to decide to subtly secretly "mentor" Nick on how to take Will's baby away as a means of sticking it to Marlena some more.

peaches179

tomsawyer
Jan 25 2013, 02:31 PM
cantstopme
Please do not go ape shit on me.... but I am curious, am I the ONLY Days fan that absolutely can not stand John and/or Marlena and wishes that would just go away?

I dont hate them as a "super couple"... I hate them each individually (and therefore, yes, as a couple too).
I love Marlena, find John to be "meh" and thought he was much hotter with Kate. Bring on the tomatoes!

I hope they find Marlena something more interesting then being attached to John.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Marlena needs to be in the Will story more with Sami.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

He didnt break up with her,but he did pretty much walk out,zero emotion about it too.The John Black I know and love would fight for his marriage,not leave town.These writers don't know a damn thing about any character on the show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

Matt
Jan 25 2013, 02:42 PM
Also, I think Kristen is being wasted by simply having her only in this one story. IMO, Kristen needs to decide to subtly secretly "mentor" Nick on how to take Will's baby away as a means of sticking it to Marlena some more.

NOW, that sounds interesting!

AFaithL

peaches179
tomsawyer
cantstopme

I hope they find Marlena something more interesting then being attached to John.
No. They need to bring back the real John.

elci525
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 25 2013, 02:44 PM
I agree - I would argue more people need to be more involved with Sami in the Will story (wink, wink - I won't go there again), but Marlena is certainly one of them. That is what makes the Wabi s/line so compelling, one of the reasons anyway - is that it is indeed cohesive and involves many characters. Reminds me of when I started watching Days, and the cast seemed so much more integrated, and as a result of the world of Salem seems much more expansive. But anyway, yeah, I hope we see Marlena in more Will and Sami scenes - she would be used very well there.

I was rather bored by the Jarlena scenes - John just came off as dickish to me.

ETA: lol, I wrote the world of Sami rather than the world of Salem. LOL, that must because it has SEEMED like the world of only Sami for so long ;)
Edited by elci525, Jan 25 2013, 03:11 PM.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

cantstopme

I'm not a fan either. In their earlier days I did like them but now ehhhhhhhh. I think Drake is a horrible actor and when they kiss it looks like they are sucking each other's face off. It's gross and turns me off.

Eric finally was abit interesting today when he ripped off his collar and told off Brady. Brady is such a pathetic idiot.
Edited by guessgirl, Jan 25 2013, 03:20 PM.

peaches179

Matt,(time=1359
143091)

lTA! Can you imagine how pissed off that would make Sami? LOL!
Edited by peaches179, Jan 25 2013, 03:04 PM.

peaches179

AFaithL
Jan 25 2013, 02:49 PM
peaches179
tomsawyer
cantstopme

No. They need to bring back the real John.

I haven't seen that person in a long time. Even before Kristen returned.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Wow, my eyes must have glazed over from the John and Marlena overacting, I didn't see Eric and Brady pulling off of collars and throwing chairs.

I must rewatch. It was probably the only interesting thing that happened.

Quote:

No tomatoes from me. I loved John and Kate.

I also loved RoboJohn and I'd much rather have had him return than the John and Marlena version.

Quote:

lTA! Can you imagine how pissed off that would make Sami? LOL!
Maybe, but I recall Sami telling will to go talk to someone and rattled off a list of names, including Marlena.

Quote:

John/Marlena scenes were ridiculous.

I hope they find something more interesting for Kristen.
Yes, and Yes. Kristen's being wasted on J&M.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Jan 25 2013, 03:09 PM.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Matt
This! A thousand times this!
Marlena is a wonderful person to have as a support- and being Will's grandmother the writers should really delve into that. Kate too for that matter.

I've always loved Marlena much more than John, and when John died in 2007 I truly was heartbroken, but LOVED seeing feisty Marlena..

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

elci525
Jan 25 2013, 02:50 PM
Matt
I agree - I would argue more people need to be more involved with Sami in the Will story (wink, wink - I won't go there again), but Marlena is certainly one of them. That is what makes the Wabi s/line so compelling, one of the reasons anyway - is that it is indeed cohesive and involves many characters. Reminds me of when I started watching Days, and the cast seemed so much more integrated, and as a result of the world of Sami seems much more expansive. But anyway, yeah, I hope we see Marlena in more Will and Sami scenes - she would be used very well there.

and Kate...we've had no interaction from her at all in the Wabi baby story..none and that is just wrong and strange....if her upcoming story doesn't include a bit of mixing it up with that story then I'd be really disappointed.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I loved Eric today... then again I have enjoyed it recently when anyone has ripped Brady a new one!

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Matt
My big issue right now is that you have the Nick/Gabi/Will episodes that feel SO cohesive and then you have the everything else episodes with Marlena/John/Kristen/Brady, Nicole/Eric, Chloe/Daniel/Jennifer, etc. I need these stories to cross over more. Also, I think Kristen is being wasted by simply having her only in this one story. IMO, Kristen needs to decide to subtly secretly "mentor" Nick on how to take Will's baby away as a means of sticking it to Marlena some more.
I totally agree they are wasting Kristen by having her involved in only the one story. She should be sprinkling her wickedness subtly around town causing all kinds of wrinkles for Marlena and John's family. Ej is neutered so lets has some more fun with Kristen.

I'm tired of Maggie being overused in Jennifer and Daniel's story. Bring in Hope for a new voice once in awhile.

Father Matt!

Good cliffhanger with Nicole. I want to know what her plan is.

Brady and Eric were a good time. Love the battling bros and Eric yanking off the collar.

John is just an idiot. Marlena should be smacking him rather than throwing her arms around him crying.

bomber
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jan 25 2013, 03:08 PM
elci525
Jan 25 2013, 02:50 PM
Matt
I agree - I would argue more people need to be more involved with Sami in the Will story (wink, wink - I won't go there again), but Marlena is certainly one of them. That is what makes the Wabi s/line so compelling, one of the reasons anyway - is that it is indeed cohesive and involves many characters. Reminds me of when I started watching Days, and the cast seemed so much more integrated, and as a result of the world of Sami seems much more expansive. But anyway, yeah, I hope we see Marlena in more Will and Sami scenes - she would be used very well there.

and Kate...we've had no interaction from her at all in the Wabi baby story..none and that is just wrong and strange....if her upcoming story doesn't include a bit of mixing it up with that story then I'd be really disappointed.
Kate's absence is particularly jarring when she is fighting Chloe for access to Parker.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply