Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 07:53 AM (7,328 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Andreas_BopeFan
Jan 25 2013, 02:28 PM
So I guess another episode without Hope?? :(
yep. :(
we've seen Hope all of 3 times this month. shockingly we see her at least twice next week - once having Rafe stick his nose in Bope's buisness, & once to have Jen whine to her about Dan & Chloe.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 25 2013, 02:05 PM
Oh... today's episode was directed by Steven Williford from a script written by Carolyn Culliton.
I'm surprised to hear this was one of hers.

I'm completely over John and Marlena's relationship drama. I don't care where he's going or if or when he's coming back and even though objectively, it makes sense that Marlena would clinging to him, it just came off as pathetic. I wish she would have just said a Marlena-fied version of 'Bye, bitch," and sipped her coffee.
Kristen's cheering was funny though. I'm more interested in what Kristen's manipulation has done to Brady and Eric. Hopefully the relationship will continue to be strained. Sibling rivalry ftw!

Is this the first time Jennifer has had another woman targeting her? I like that they're having Chloe play a schemer whose sweet on the surface. It's been a long time since Days did that.

The danicole scenes were nice. Nicole should have just named names to Fr. Matt, since he played such a large role in the danloe relationship.
Edited by six, Jan 25 2013, 04:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cantstopme
Member Avatar

I havent seen today's episode yet.... what is the big *GASP* Friday ending moment?

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 25 2013, 03:37 PM
yep. :(
we've seen Hope all of 3 times this month. shockingly we see her at least twice next week - once having Rafe stick his nose in Bope's buisness, & once to have Jen whine to her about Dan & Chloe.
Well that is just sad...

It's also sad that I have to look forward to a Rafe scene, just because Hope's in it....sigh...and more Dannifer drama, oh well... :(

But atleast we'll see Hope :wub:

UltimateScami

Kristen giggling at Marlena at crying and running away was funny. I did feel bad for Marlena just sitting there in the corner all sad though.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

UltimateScami
Jan 25 2013, 05:33 PM
Kristen giggling at Marlena at crying and running away was funny. I did feel bad for Marlena just sitting there in the corner all sad though.
I don't like seeing Marlena so sad, but I also love seeing this side of Kristen. Eileen plays it so well!

CatherineEarnshaw

cantstopme
Jan 25 2013, 01:37 PM
Please do not go ape shit on me.... but I am curious, am I the ONLY Days fan that absolutely can not stand John and/or Marlena and wishes that would just go away?

There has to be at least one other closet Jarlena hater out there.

I dont hate them as a "super couple"... I hate them each individually (and therefore, yes, as a couple too).
All couples have haters so I think it's safe to say that you are not alone

I would also argue that they are the most popular days couple ever.

CatherineEarnshaw

AFaithL
Jan 25 2013, 02:13 PM
So did John break up with Marlena? I think I'll be skipping this show. I cannot STAND the current writing for them. Either these people have no clue - or don't care - who John and Marlena are.

All of the above

CatherineEarnshaw

BalscoFan5
Jan 25 2013, 02:45 PM
He didnt break up with her,but he did pretty much walk out,zero emotion about it too.The John Black I know and love would fight for his marriage,not leave town.These writers don't know a damn thing about any character on the show.
I agree

CatherineEarnshaw

Anyone notice Drake scratching his chest today? Very funny!!

CatherineEarnshaw

Ken Corday in his Days book said that John and marlena fans were the most devoted. And he has made it clear through the yrs that he doesn't really appreciate the devotion.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

cantstopme
Jan 25 2013, 04:49 PM
I havent seen today's episode yet.... what is the big *GASP* Friday ending moment?
Kristen went to answer her door thinking it was Brady and when she opened it Nicole was standing there

AFaithL

CatherineEarnshaw
Jan 25 2013, 05:44 PM
Ken Corday in his Days book said that John and marlena fans were the most devoted. And he has made it clear through the yrs that he doesn't really appreciate the devotion.
Well, I don't appreciate trying to destroy a popular couple and trashing/ignoring their history and personalities. John and Marlena are devoted to each other. They aren't "quitters".

niki

I haven't been watching lately - really can't stand to watch the destruction of John as a devoted and loving character. Say what you will about DH's acting, I've always believed - from Roman through to RoboJohn - that he is a forgiving and caring person and what's being depicted right now bears no resemblance to that at all.

That said, can someone tell me - did Kristen witness the J&M scene? Or part of it? I ask because what if this IS a red herring, thrown to a) stir up fans' anger and therefore interest (as the writers haven't mastered in years the concept of angering fans without destroying the characters...I was angry during the original J&M&K run in the late 1990s but as stupid as John was he was mostly IN character) and b) as a plot line that involves lulls Kristen into a fall sense that she has won? Otherwise this seems utterly ridiculous and so far out of John's character he might as well still be RoboJohn.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I saw it another day, I didn't see it today...

As if anyone was doubting how much he dislikes the writing... that's your proof right there.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

Is there a woman in Salem who is not in love with Daniel? I mean seriously.

Marlena's hug to John's back was so goofy but soapy at the same time.

Eric getting angry... is kind of sexy. Brady throwing the chair was childish and further proves what a fool he is.

Kristen jumping outside the window was so funny. I really love Kristen.

And WHEN IS STEFANO COMING BACK?? I am tired of seeing him sitting in a chair, drinking, and watching the fire pop.

Tammy
Member Avatar

They either need to bring Stefano BACK to Salem... in PERSON... or write him off. This is just stupid!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Kritter jumping up and down was OTT,is she 2 years old?I hope Nicole or someone smacks that ugly smile off her face.

chinkybig

John, you're a dick. If Marlena would have been wiser, she would have said, good riddance.

Well, good riddance for now. Come back when you've got your brain back.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

greeneyedgirl
Jan 25 2013, 06:34 PM
Is there a woman in Salem who is not in love with Daniel? I mean seriously.

Does anyone remember the character of Mango on Saturday Night Live? :P Absolutely everyone who came in contact with him became obsessed with him and I mean absolutely everyone, male or female, young and old. No one could resist him, he was the object of everyone's obsession. Sound familiar? Daniel Jonas is the Mango of DOOL!

Youtube it if you have no idea what I'm talking about. :laugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply